Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer — Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 04:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 05:55AM by TonLee

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 04:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 05:55AM by TonLee

TonLee wrote:

This is primarily for people who find themselves with THREE +'s by their diagnosis. 

If you are new to breast cancer, please click on the link below and read.  It is "What I Wish I Knew At the Beginning of Treatment."

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/797454

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 3 of 3,992 (39,912 results)

Jan 31, 2011 01:31PM TonLee wrote:

Webu,

I am between 3 & 4 of TCH right now....then rads....so we're not too far apart.

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 01:34PM TonLee wrote:

Good luck Blondie!

I didn't have enough belly fat for DIEP, but if I lose my expander during rads I will try to gain weight so I can do it.  My PS says it is the optimal reconstruction in his opinion.  I love that you don't have to lose, twist, or otherwise maim muscle to get them.  Smile

Jan 31, 2011 01:41PM lago wrote:

TonLee said: "she is morbidly obese though, so I'm not sure how much that might play into it."

Extra weight is very bad for post menopausal (and I assume permanent menopausal women) Read below:

"Short of resorting to such drastic measures, all women can reduce the risk of getting breast cancer by drinking less alcohol and losing weight. "Patients want to know what they can do," says Cobleigh. "It used to be you could say, ‘There really isn't anything.' Now you can say, ‘If you control your weight after a diagnosis of breast cancer, you'll be less likely to die.'"

Source:
Breakthroughs in Women's Health
BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER
Chicago Magazine
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2011/Breakthroughs-in-Womens-Health/index.php?cparticle=5&siarticle=4#artanc

DONE!! goo.gl/IoaN6U • Tattoos 2.7.2012 • Nipples 10.6.2011 • Exchange 6.24.2011 • Chemo 1.18. 2011 • BMX 8.31.2010 Dx 7/13/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 31, 2011 01:47PM sunflower71 wrote:

Sign me up for this group!  I was 98% ER and 94% PR, plus HER2.  Round 4 of TCH this Thursday, Rad onco 1st consult next week, not sure about Hormone treatment yet.  I am 39 and was put into chemopause very quickly. 

I may opt for an oopherectomy at some point (can't have kids, spent years trying and probably fed the C with fertility drugs).  Right now, I am dealing with each step as it comes. 

Dx 9/23/2010, IDC, 3cm, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 10/14/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 12/2/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/2/2010 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 31, 2011 01:49PM TonLee wrote:

I understand it plays a part Lago, but there are plenty of obese women without BC. 

Our Onc told her she was "cured" because there was no lymph involvement and she had clear margins.  "No need for scans dear.  You're cured."

REALLY??

I guess we can never know for sure if she was really Stage IV when diagnosed Stage 1.  She uses a walker and on bad days, a wheelchair, but I don't know if she'd need them if she wasn't carrying around so much extra weight.

Jan 31, 2011 01:51PM - edited Jan 31, 2011 01:51PM by TonLee

Sunflower,

I am a week behind you in treatment, also high ER/PR.  I'm 42 and was also put into chemopause.  Has your Onc talked to you about Tamox?  They haven't even mentioned it to me yet. 

Jan 31, 2011 01:59PM Iamstronger wrote:

I had scans prior to my surgery.  We knew going into surgery that I had at least one lymph node involved.  So, I think that is why I had the scans. 

V

Dx 1/7/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 1/13/2010 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 2/13/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/13/2010 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/14/2010 Surgery 3/1/2011 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Dx 8/23/2014, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 9/7/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/7/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 9/7/2014 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 9/24/2014 Bone Targeted Therapy 3/23/2015 Kadcyla (T-DM1, ado-trastuzumab) Chemotherapy

Jan 31, 2011 02:50PM melania wrote:

Very nice thread !!!

Thanks for starting it, I am also triple positive , diagnosed 3 months ago , I did 4 rounds of FEC which made  my 2.7 tumor and 3 positive lymph nodes dissapear !!! now i am doing 6 rounds of THC with weekly herceptines in between . My onc did all kind of scans at the time of diagnosis , I am happy that he did cuz otherwise i would have thought that there are things that i dunno , I did a CT scan of pelvic , abdomen, chest and neck , Pet scan , bone scan and guess what Brain MRI . Although they were all clear  except my breast tumor and 3 lymph nodes but the nurse told me that they do it for everyone to have   baseline . He was talking to the surgeon and mentioning that he wants to do it because of being HER2+. I was scared to death spending  couple of hours in those machines just thinking they gonna find something in there . But he is very thrilled by the results , we repeated the chest CT scan after 4 round of chemo and there was nothing in there .Remember that  being HEr2 + with having herceptin is not a poor prognosis anymore, I think this is your right to have a CT scan or pet scan though . But i guess u r right it is better to know , but how is he so sure that there is nothing anywhere else without having a scan? i don't want to scare you but i would think the same if i were you, i still think that they might be things that they were  too small at the time of my pet scan and the chemo didnt work on them and they r growing inside me  without even the onc knowing it .Anyway I hope we will do great and the Herceptin will do it's miracle. And i agree you don't know about those ladies diagnosis in your group, is there a way to know what stage they were ?? is the group for all stages ??Maybe they were in more advanced stages or maybe the chemo didnt really work on them ????

Ok enough ! let's be positive , we are triple positive right????

Dx IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 03:27PM sunflower71 wrote:

Tonlee-We discussed it prior to chemo.  There is a chance I may not take it.  I have Factor V Leiden which puts me at a higher risk for blood clots, and Tamoxifen can cause clots.  My onc is doing more research on this for me.  She had suggested hysterectomy and AIs at one point.  I am going to start asking more questions about it this week. 

Dx 9/23/2010, IDC, 3cm, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 10/14/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 12/2/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/2/2010 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 31, 2011 03:58PM TonLee wrote:

V I think its nice going in to know .... the lymph test is just not enough imo. 

Melania I agree!  We should stay positive...meaning to me, not stressing over things I can control.  My onc may not want to give me a scan, and that's his prerogative.  It's not mine.  I'll have one at the end of chemo...even if I pay for it out of pocket.  Heh.

Sunflower I'm a little concerned it's never officially been mentioned other than to say..."You will be taking a hormone suppressing drug after chemo for 5 years."  I assumed it was Tamox, but I should probably check...haha...

And I wonder why some women are on it during chemo, and some aren't.  I will ask my Onc next week when I meet with him.

Page 3 of 3,992 (39,912 results)

Scroll to top button