Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer — Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 07:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 08:55AM by TonLee

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 07:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 08:55AM by TonLee

TonLee wrote:

This is primarily for people who find themselves with THREE +'s by their diagnosis. 

If you are new to breast cancer, please click on the link below and read.  It is "What I Wish I Knew At the Beginning of Treatment."

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/797454

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 8 of 3,997 (39,964 results)

Feb 2, 2011 05:44PM Omaz wrote:

Welcome pasmithx2!

Feb 2, 2011 05:47PM Teal3Pink1 wrote:

Another Triple+ checking in. I'm in the process of figuring out which chemo to pair with herceptin b/c I have already had quite a bit of chemo with ovarian cancer. (I tested BRCA negative, but need to revisit genetic counseling later.) The med onc I saw earlier this week says that in my situation, herceptin is pretty much up to me. Have 2 more appts this week and hope to have a plan very soon. Lumpectomy + chemo + herceptin + radiation + arimadex seems like so much to throw at stage 1 disease. It is a challenge to weigh risk and benefit when the numbers are presented in so many different ways. 

Hugz, Annie (Lump/SNB Jan 2011, Herceptin x1 yr, 16 WBR(prone)+5 boosts, Femara x5 yrs) Dx 12/1/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 2, 2011 05:49PM Smile_On wrote:

Welcome pasmithx2.  Must have been frustrating to wait so long from diagnosis to talking with an oncologist.  For me everything happened very fast and before I was even quite done recovering from surgery I was having a consult with my onc, and I even met him in my breast team meeting before my surgery took place.  My breast team works together to decide what type of surgery/chemo/radiation/targeted therapy routine they would like to suggest to each patient.

Dx 5/21/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 2, 2011 05:50PM Omaz wrote:

Smile_on - What chemo did you do?

Feb 2, 2011 06:21PM lago wrote:

Teal3Pink1 the onc is leaving it up to you?! I hope s/he has a recommendation. I mean s/he is the one who has the MD and dealt with lots of cases. I agree that seems a lot to throw on stage I but you are not only stage 1, you are HER2+. The question I would have is how well will chemo work on grade 2 triple positive? Would they let you get herceptin without chemo? It's tough when you have HER2+ status signifying aggressive but then not grade 3. Granted if you were grade 1 passing on chemo might be an easier decision to live with.

Lots to consider.

DONE!! goo.gl/IoaN6U • Tattoos 2.7.2012 • Nipples 10.6.2011 • Exchange 6.24.2011 • Chemo 1.18. 2011 • BMX 8.31.2010 Dx 7/13/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 2, 2011 07:02PM Smile_On wrote:

Omaz,

I had 3 rounds of FEC (Fluorouracil (5FU), epirubicin, and cytoxan) and then 3 rounds of Taxotere each 3 weeks apart.  I started in July and finished Oct. 28.  They started my Herceptin during my 2nd Taxotere round.  They wanted to make sure that if I had an allergic reaction they would know whether I was reacting to the Taxotere or Herceptin.  Luckily I didn't have any problems with allergic reactions to either.  Chemo was not as bad as I expected, but I am so glad to be in the Herceptin solo part of my treatment.

Dx 5/21/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 2, 2011 07:58PM Teal3Pink1 wrote:

Iago,

To make things more complicated, the grade came back II/III on the surgery pathology. Does that make it 2.5? And I have heard that some docs treat focal lymphovascular invasion like a positive node.

If I could have herceptin with no chemo, it would be a no-brainer! I WANT HERCEPTIN!!!! Unfortunately, we need to save carbo in case I have another ovca recurrence and I probably can't have adriamycin b/c I had an allergic-type reaction to doxil which is a form of adria. (So far the jury is split on that issue, too) That leaves the weekly taxol study that just finished accruing participants and doesn't have data yet. I have spoken to a few other doctors informally and so far one doc is for herceptin with weekly taxol x12 and two docs are thinking that the benefit of herceptin might not be worth the toxicity of more chemo. Sigh. I am hoping one of the two oncs I am seeing tomorrow will have a strong gut feeling about how to proceed.

I know I am sooooo lucky to have caught this early with negative nodes, but I feel there are enough negative factors to justify treating this very aggressively.

Hugz, Annie (Lump/SNB Jan 2011, Herceptin x1 yr, 16 WBR(prone)+5 boosts, Femara x5 yrs) Dx 12/1/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 2, 2011 08:11PM lago wrote:

Wow teal3pink how complicated. I can totally understand wanting to treat aggressively because of HER2+ . Not sure how they treat LVI. I have read they don't pay too much attention to that anymore… more focused on the nodes but it might be different for HER2+
DONE!! goo.gl/IoaN6U • Tattoos 2.7.2012 • Nipples 10.6.2011 • Exchange 6.24.2011 • Chemo 1.18. 2011 • BMX 8.31.2010 Dx 7/13/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 2, 2011 08:15PM pasmithx2 wrote:

Smile_on - It has been alternating between moving at great speed (diagnosed on a Fri and in surgery the next Wed) to waiting not-so-patiently for path reports--in between 3 surgeries. At the time, a mastectomy seemed a bit heavy-handed and the surgeon was making an effort to spare my breast. But it took a mastectomy in the end to get everything. Doing it from the start would have had me at the onco's office almost a month ago.

Dx 11/29/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/28 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 2, 2011 09:16PM suzieq60 wrote:

libraylil and SusieMTN - good to see 2 other triple positive lobular girls - we are a very small special group. I was very highly ER and PR receptive too, so hopefully the Arimidex will do something there. My onc was pleased I was +++ as he said at least there are drugs to target our situation. I finshed TCH x 6 in March 2010 and finished herceptin in Dec 2010. I am currently having radiation for a new primary in the other breast (IDC not her2 but also highly hormone receptive) that was missed the year before.

Sue

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 8 of 3,997 (39,964 results)

Scroll to top button