Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited September 2013

Feel asleep and fell off the chair again last night.

Knees are in bits.

• BernieEllen
    edited September 2013

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2013

Ouch! You need a chair with arms and a seatbelt if you are gonna keep drinking with these gals!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited September 2013

Toronto kids are back home...miss them already.....DD, SIL and DD#2 took a couple pics when they went for froyo....and DD got a pic with grandma...they said someone took a pic of the 3 of them but its not on the camera...but atleast i got a pic of my 2 girls and of DD#1 and my mom.....I try to get pics each time we are together but if I don't make a concerted effort, the time just goes by and then they are gone!!!  Realized last nigth too late that i hadn't taken any pics...

DorK....good luck at the PS tomorrow....do you have anyone who can go to the PS with you? 

Orange....how's your mom?  any news on the job?  got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Kathy....how long are you in HI?

Lori.....you are sure doing a lot of travelling....lucky you!!!

Chrissy...isn't this your DD wedding wee-end....can't wait to hear all about it...

Cami, Beckers, Mema, 4Sew....

Time to pour another glass of wine...Sweet dreams....

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited September 2013

Maxwell Zargoski - Hunk du JourManolo Gonzalez for Timoteo - Hunk du JourDave August for DMK - Hunk du Jour

• undercoverebel
    edited September 2013

• undercoverebel
    edited September 2013

Hope everyone is well,cheers.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited September 2013

lynn i like the the way you think!, dorty ,we'll fire up the ufo and come wiht you. having a full moon night!  vacation can't come soon enough,  cyn, we've had about 6 " rain in the last 24hrs so a little damp.  correction now having the night from hell

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited September 2013

Good Morning, Loungettes!  I had a weird dream last night, there was a flood that didn't hurt the house but washed away the chain link fence around Sadie's yard, and I couldn't find a rope to tie her out with.  When I did find a rope there wasn't anything to tie the rope to.  Then I turned around and the house was full of wet doggies!  They were all playing and having a ball.  Then the alarm woke me up.  How weird is that? 

Karen--wish I was as organized as you with meal planning!

ORLA--4 hernias?  Wow!  Hope she's feeling better very soon!  Keep the pills going, the first couple of days are the worst. 

Goldie--I wish I could go with Dorkable, too.  I do NOT like it when people get shi##y treatment from the people they hire.  Makes me mad.  I just did the one batch of tomato sauce, gonna pick up some Honey Crisp apples soon and make a pie or two and try canning some apple pie filling for winter. 

Cammy--good for you, climbing the political ladder! It's sad that people pay more attention to grammar, spelling and layout than to content, isn't it?  Classing things up always seems to help.  Way to be persistent! 

DorKable--How often does your home nurse come?  Can you arrange for her or one of your docs to do the dressing change every day?  Ah, yes, Fukitol is a great helper!  Didn't I see the tenders putting a Fukitol dispenser in the ladies room the other day?  Right next to the "pull to summon a tender to help" alarm string?  Also--there a lots of ways to make your PS's profession life difficult without going to the point of filing a lawsuit.  But that stuff is for later, when you have energy to spare for things besides healing. 

CynCyn--Good for you for creating an oasis for yourself!  Bright and cheery is a good thing.  Now you just need to get into the habit of long showers--let the water run while you read for 5 minutes or something. . .

Cammy--so you were the Pastor's rumor?  Sounds like lots of fun!

Wahine--Sounds like you're having a great time! 

4sew--you'll learn the HTL shuffle quickly enough, and we're all used to getting bumped when we are on the (padded) floor! 

Becs--everything goes for biopsy these days! 

BBBBBernie--LOL!!!!!

Undy--NICE hunk du Jour! 

Juliet--I remember some of those shifts from he##.  Didn't like them, glad when they're over. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the  Big Wednesday Cocktail

2 parts Malibu

1 part Midori® melon liqueur

2 parts Pineapple juice

1 part Orange slice

1 part Coconut syrup

1 part Vodka

Mix all ingredients together and shake very well, then pour into a glass with an orange slice and enjoy!

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Very nice wake up! Cocktails and cabana boys!

Today's DOTD sounds yummy too.

great day all the way round and good luck today Dork. Give him what for, (i think they say that down here). You can do it!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited September 2013

NM....not organized with meals at all...most days I figure out dinner when I come home from work....but for the holidays I have to plan n advance since there are no trips to the grocery store to get something.....I'm so worn out....so much cooking for the 1st days of holidays....these are the last and I'm burned out!!!!  not much cooking or any company!!!  I do need to bake something after work and make pizza dough for pizza dinner tomorrow night.....

Tired of waking up tired.....been sleeping in till 5:45 and still tired....even went to bed at 11.....oh wait, maybe my problem is getting too much sleep!!!  The next couple days I'll sleep in till 7!!!

Have a great Wednesday....hope to be able to check in after work......then I'll be off the computer til Saturday night....Hugs...

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2013

Dorothy, I have no idea how you managed to change that dressing. I had the same thing after I got staff infection from hysterectomy. Insurance wouldn’t pay for a nurse to come out to where I lived and I couldn’t do it. Thank goodness my neighbor was a nurse and she came over every day to do it for me. I liked to think it was NEVER gonna close up and heal. So glad you have a nurse coming, hang in there chica, you got this! When are you supose to return to work? I’m assuming it will be extended? I am looking forward to going camping, it has been MANY years since I have been. I hope that assertiveness kicks in.

Dr. Cam, you sick girl? Have you heard from Adey? And quit being so hard on yourself girl. I’m sure those hernia’s make a big difference. Can you have them removed? You are getting emails from the Pres. Too??? So glad you have a party to go to. Get some pictures!! Too funny about you and the priest and being his rumor!

CyndieLouWhoIThoughtWasSomeoneNew cuz you changed your Av. Not sure what critters they have in Utah, but the tent we got is suppose to be pretty secure and no creepy crawlers are able to get in. Your pink and orange room sounds beery cheery.

Kat, you sound wonderful and rested. ENJOY my friend, you so desoyve it!

Ha ha Lynne, we did not take you in, you walked in all on your own. And we never throw anyone out. There is more to The HTL, we add stuff as we think of it! Dorkaroonie has been through hell and back, SEVERAL times, and YES there are some knees that need rearranging.

Beckers, sawry you face hurt, I hope it heals quickly.

Oh no Bernie, I hope the floor wasn’t too far away and at least it wasn’t a bar stool.

Karen, this is our time for vaycay’s, can’t go in the spring or summer as that is our busy time. Heading out camping will be a cheap get away. I hear ya on always forgetting to take pictures.

WHOA…….WHAT WUZ DAT? Oh, it was Sha nay nay. Dang girl, you need to at least stay long enough for a drink!

Julie, tell us about the full moon night. I just know you have some goot stories to tell.

NM, dat wuz a crazy dream, but better than some of the udders you had. Did you ever get all of your results? I know you were so worried. Love your "pull to summon a tender to help" alarm string. The Wednesday cocktail sounds really good. Hope you get those pies and the filling, I’m not much for baking.

I still have more tomatoes to do and never did get to my peppers. I think I will have enough to last 2 years………woot woot!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Good Morning=

Well Undie u know how to get our attention when u come. My eyes opened right up--OOHHH

Bernie are u really akk right> U fell off the chair, did u like slide down--I hope u'r legs are all right now.

Karen all I know is during u'r holidays i=u are very organized but I did not know u couldn't go to the grocery store--No wonder u have to be ready. Well after this one u get to rest for a while.

OK Dork we all want to hear about today so u'd better get u'r words right.

And Lara what's going on???

NM u'r still cooking and saving--u must be tired after work to do this stuff. Another wonder woman. I t sounds like u'r taking u'r meds s I won't say anything. U dreaming of a wet Sadie but in droves hahaha, oh it all about Sadie with no fence or leash, u love her so much.

Goldie has loads of tomatoes goin' for her. Another one.

Julie I know u'r leaving like today or tomorrow right? I'm so happy u'r getting away. U've had a goofy year.

Bec must still be sleeping and I don't memeber if Lynn wrote this morning or last nite--already I'm confused. I'm up late today, stayed up late-so I'm waiting to hear about Dr. things for Dork and Lara.

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2013

Good morning,

I think all dreams are wacky. At least when you describe your dream it makes some sense. When I start to describe a dream it takes only about 3 words before I realize I sound like a loony tune.

Julie, have a great trip. Stay dry in the meantime. Another torrential day in Venice.

GOOD LUCK DOROTHY!!

Good morning Karen. Why can't you go to the grocery store?

NM...my friend who has been living here was told that she has h pylori....a lot of bacteria and pre cancer cells in her tummy. She is moving back home in a couple of weeks. Does smoking an excess caffeine contribute to those conditions?

Hiya cami...You have 4 hernias?

• Cyndielou
    edited September 2013

Goldie....youse funny..didn't recognize me?? Drinkerbell was getting on my nerves...lol

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Cyn no I have 3 hernias, my remote is very heavy. LOL

Karen's religious holiday means no grocery shopping u have to be ready with all u'r food before the holiday starts. Being Catholic is easy peasy compared to being Jewish. as far as cooking goes. Catholics just work on guilt--food isn't involved. When I was younger one of my good friend was jewish, I was her only non-Jewish friend and they had so much family things going on I thought it was great. But I do remember she couldn't go out alot of times and we all just knew the times she couldn't. And the way I remember it was about honoring the past of ancestors and all the Jewish ppeople and being with u family and no interruptions. Of cour I'm sure i'm wrong it's been a long time. So Karen will explain.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Does Dork need bail?? We haven't heard from her yet.

Hope everyone had a great day. I hear those guys from this morning are pouring the cocktails tonight poolside.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2013

Good evening, Loungettes!  Where's the bar?  Where's the dwinkies?  Where's the tenders?  Me has had a hard day and needs alcamahol and a massage.  In that order.  Rinse and repeat, several times.  Then I'm going to the crazy room to scream, then I'm coming out and starting over.  

Rant warning--feel free to skip my rant about my day, I'll understand!

Second visit of the morning  and I get yelled at by the patient's wife because I can't promise that the 2 pain pills missing from the new bottle they picked up yesterday will be given to them before this bottle is done.  The pharmacy back counts are correct, I did NOT see them open the paper bag and won't say I did.  So the patient calls my clinical manager and says I must have taken the pills.  Yeah, right, I'm allergic to that particular pain med.  Next I find out that the office director was fired at the end of the day yesterday.  I have no idea why, didn't have a clue there was anything going on.  She's a wonderfully caring woman who takes as much care of the staff as the patients.  The office has been doing well financially and on the quality assessments.  I cannot figure out why she was let go, and am worried about who is going to be taking over.  And I'm bothered by yet another change at work.  Then one of my favorite patients is moving to a nursing home tomorrow and will be transferring to another nurse.  While I won't miss the hour and half drive, one way, three times a week, I will  miss seeing her and her daughter.  And my feet hurt from the shoes I was wearing today, although the foot massager under the desk has done a good job of making that go away.  OK, so I've noticed that there was a kind of tension in the office recently, bothersome enough that I've minimized my time in the office but I thought it was 4 people in new positions and the inevitable conflicts that come up as the new roles and systems get sorted out, and would blow over after a while.  Never dreamed the director would be fired.  Still having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact.  Now, where's my dwinkies????????

4sew--I hope Dorky gives the guy what for, too!

Karen--any planning in advance for meals is more organized that me!  Too much sleep does cause problems, or so I've heard.  Have good sleep ins!

Goldie--it's been years since I've been camping, but I remember going many times.  I've got camping stories about a flood, a bear raiding my cooler, and a drug bust.  It's amazing what you can see while camping!  And no, I haven't heard about the biopsy results on the Barrett's Esophagus.  I have got to call the doc's office and rattle cages, I guess.  Two years worth of veggies canned is a VERY good thing! 

Cammy--no, I am not a wonder woman.  I do the baking and canning on the weekends.  I WISH I had energy enough to do stuff after work.  And yes, I am taking my meds. 

CynCyn--I think the weird dream was a preparation for a weird day at work!  H. pylori is a common cause of ulcers and can increase the chance of developing stomach cancer, but it is easily gotten rid of with antibiotics.  Excess caffeine does make stomach issues worse.  Not sure about nicotine, but it does cause cancer in it's own right so I'd say not a good thing. 

OK, time to go get some personal attention from Pants.  Later, gators!

• Cyndielou
    edited September 2013

Oh MY NM.......you DO need  many a drink and attention of the tenders ...foah shoah...!!!

Thanks for the info....she is freaked  out ...changed her return flight to Massachusetts from Oct 9th to Saturday.  the nurse told her she was hermorging. (sp)....wtf?  Anyway..her family thinks she need to be back with them ..I agree...they dont trust the hospitals here either...Mass General ...all the Boston Hospitals rock ..so I guess thats best for the sitchiation

How is ebneryone ...any news frm our Doroka roonie??

Gotta head ....havent given my girl much time lately and I feel awful.....so Im off to Skype with Donese..

Love ya goils..

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited September 2013

jimmity cricket, I posted jest about the time CYn did but must not have hit submit. I refresh to see that I bumped Cyn and no post from me. damn it, jest my dumb luck. never stops, never eber. I  need to change tings up and hit de damn lottery for millions. that might compensate for all my bad luck. Had Dad at the ER today. He was having trouble getting up and skeered de chit of me when he walked. he was using two canes and omg, so unsteady. my sis came to the rescue to drive him to ER. he got xrayed and all is well. Dr said likely just severe inflamation. I was thinking that maybe a pin came out of his hip. I was sort of hoping they would keep him for a few days to give me a break. 

I saw dr dickONastick todey. I was assertive as possible.  He did give me the same ole story, everything looks good. wtf? I told him that my doctors here were firm that i needed debridement. He examined again and said, ok, I can do that. i am scheduled for monkeydey at 1:30. and he did not use the wet/dry packing, jest covered me with gauze and awesome tape that he said he would give me. mese forgot to collect it, damn it. I have terrible reactions to all tape including paper tape. i jest ordered some skin prep pads, the hospital was using them on me and I showed my home nurse the few packs they gave me and her office manager is going to order them. it is great for people like me. enuff drama for today, it is howdie dooty time. Have a diet cola here but can't figure out how de hail to open dis bottle of Gentleman Jack (compliments of our own Wahine) who mail me check to buy what I want. also got generous gift from our own Lori and Mema Sue. Love mese goils. Cookies from Karen along with cards. Please no feel obligated to git de dork enyting but I am accepting donations of likker. oh nebber mind, dis place is stocked. hehe. and jest kidding about donations. I could throw out a few more names of goils who have send me cards and presents over the years but dont want de other goils to feel bad. I promise ye all that your cyber love is more den enough. and I love all of you so berry much. enuff of dat. is it tacky for me to say tings like dis? well it willie nelson fault, he made me git high. he was in de other corner of de lounge, did ya see him? he was looking all kinds of scruffy and looks like he need a new hat. well mese gonna pay it forward and git him a brand spanking new cowboy hat. ya see, he spent all of his money on bail and fines and had to sail his hat. I picked him up a flannel shirt without holes. it jest feels good to pay it forward.

Can someone else donate a hair cut? I'd have de tenders throw his ugly butt outta here but shucks, he has all de medical maryj aka willie and with him here, wese neber run out of de willie.

kk, gotta google how to open dis here bottle, me not kidding. I might need a wrench damn it. will be back. hope a goil or four join me. mese needs to talk to ye all for a change, so much happening. Pants, Jock come on hailp me here. oops, Pants is rocking our NM, hope she feel better. and I thought my dey was crazy, hugs to ya NM. be back unless me fall asslpeep but I tink I up for awhile. have to check on mese dad, he slept through icecream time and is on mese sofa. oh, he tailed me I need new furniture in that room. I agree and might jest slurge. Maybe I can go dumster diving like someone that used to hang here hehe, de older goils KNOw who mese talking bout. cracking up but weally need to check on pop and git dis fn bottle open. or is it a sign?? come one come all a party. dat include sha na na and her boys too, oooo la la la, dey some HOT boys. we invite them all to toga lampshade partay? only tenders and wenches on togas, wese goils where what we want. mese gonna wear a bikini top and show off mese new boobies. gootta git a skirt to camoflaughe all the fat around my hips, gosh it jest sticks out. mese a sight for sore eyes naked. oh boy. kk, going now for realsies. cheerS mese loblies!

Cyn, stay please????  

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Nm WTF all in one day---u need more than just massages and dwinks--go to the fountain too. That is horrible accusing u of any wrong doing, the u'r boss gets fired and no one know why? That is all so strange. Oh I wish u could take a few days off to get away from all this drama, but I'm sure this isn;t the time. I'm so sorry u had such a rough day, hope tomorrow is better.

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited September 2013

Pau Hana girls! Sitting at a club right on the water, and the sun is setting. Nice beers and pupus.....will leave for home tomorrow. THEN hope to read all the posts I have missed. I don't get much wifi time, so have to be quickliest. Today was SO awesome....I got to go onto a historic Hawaiian vessel that will make an around the world trip next May....it will take 3 yrs. It is a replica of how the ancient polynesians arrived here so many years ago. It came into our bay here a few days ago, we took pics, they blew the conch shells, etc. But mostly they were letting school kids tour it, so I was lucky to "talk story" with the local crew and got to board. They were filming a documentary on it too. So we had about 9 shock tops left that we bought, so I took it to them and now they can drink free beers tonight! Some of the crew I met also have ancesters that came here from Madeira like my ancestor that invented the ukulele, so that was fun to share stories with them.

Hope to see the "green flash" tonight...my DH finally saw it from our lanai the other night. Sometimes its too cloudy to see it...when the sun goes behind the horizon, you can sometimes see the green flash. I dont think he believed me for years when I kept telling him about it, now he finally does.

OK...hoping you are all well...wish I could read about everyone,but I love you all and am having a toast to EVERYONE in the HTL tonight!!! And Dorkie, get well!!!!

Hugssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited September 2013

Here for a sec. Why didn't dr dicksmack repack the wound? Nurses??!!! Hailp me out here..... Does he need his arse kicked yet? Forwarding to nursey department. I'm overly tired and jus wanna whoop his ass. Oh lawd I better go to bed.

Lub to u all's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Here's hopin everyone has a better day than yesterday.

The tenders and I are closin up shop for the night.

• BernieEllen
    edited September 2013

Ok, so this time I have a cracked kneecap and a broken toe - how the hell can you break a toe by landing on your knees I don't know.  Anyway spent yesterday in the ER (had to drive myself, 15 miles each way).  This morning I am walking like a ruptured duck.

4 - recap for you.  Last time I did this was at my uncles house for his 80th birthday celebrations, feel asleep on the garden bench, went face down onto concrete.  Had to go to posh hotel next day for the family do - with a broken nose and two black eyes.

• 4sewwhat
    edited September 2013

Oh Bernie,

I feel for you. I dislocated and shattered my ankle end of January. Was doing pretty good then chemo fried it again. I still am walking like a ruptured duck! We should sign up for the tree legged race next time the lounge has one :0)

Hope it feels better soon!

• nativemainer
    edited September 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Another brisk fall day in store, hope this one will be a little less emotional and unpredictable.  Slept like a log, though, so that 's good. 

CynCyn--if your friend was truly hemorrhaging she wouldn't have been allowed to leave the hospital, that's a medical emergency. She may well be bleeding some from her stomach,  especially if she has h. pilori, but again a course of antibiotics and prilosec or nexium, or protonix or the like will fix it.  Sounds like she will be better off at home! 

DorKable--Your PS sounds like a true jack a$$. Make sure you stay on his case, get some help with it.  Skin prep is great stuff, should be used on everyone, in my opinion!  What kind of bottle are you having trouble opening up?  What new torture have they devised for us drinkers?????

Cammy--I really do need some vacay time, need to pick a week and put in for it, even if I just stay home and putter around the house.  Today should be better. 

Wahine--I've looked for the green flash for years, haven't seen it yet,  wonder if it's a Pacific Ocean thing?  Sounds like you are having a great time, keep enjoying! 

Becs--dr  dicksmack didn't repack the wound 'cause he's lazy or stupid or both. 

4sew--looking forward to a better day (but have my reservations about the second visit on my list)! 

BBBBBernie--Holy Shmoly, Bernie, toe AND kneecap??????? So not fair!!!  And walking like a ruptured duck--what a mental pic that give me!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Green Flash

1 oz vodka

1/2 oz Peach Schnapps

1/2 oz Blue Curacao

3 oz orange juice

3 oz sprite

ice

orange slice for garnish

maraschino cherry for garnish

Directions:

Mix ingredients together, serve over ice.

Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry

Lean back, savor the tropical evening and enjoy.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Good Morning everyone,

NM I like the sound of u'r DOTD today. I want ot now--I hope u'r day is mch better today with no surprises.

BBBernie--BBBernie a broken knee cap, OMG tht has to hurt so so much to try to walk-and a broken Toe==Oh u are a mess my sweet--and U'r D H isn't home yet. I hope u have some help.

And Lynn u screwed up ankle--Everyone is clutsy here--including me so I'm not judging I'm just saying.

Dork have we heard from u yet? I want to know what the Dr. did?

Kat it sounds wonderful, everything u'r saying, And I never heard Green Flash I thought u were talking aboit a Crime Fighter Hero. I'm so worldly.

LARA how is u'r mom, is she staying all week, she wasn't sure but she's in pain herself. Damn, I'm drinking tonight. I think

I have to take a shower--this is a big deal as u know for me--hahaha--why u ask--not only as I'm lazy and well, I'm lazyest.

It's in the low 50's now and will be around 70 today--sounds good to me And nothing happened with that county job, we were to late I know when they put it in, someone has already been hired so we have to keep my SIL's name--out there now. What a crazy way to get a job.It's a mess here. Oh well. Gotsta have me coffee.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited September 2013

Dork I am so sorry u have another dick PS dr. dickmore left me open for 3 weeks

I hate these PS we need to make complaints and sue

there are alot of dick more dick mahs out there

you told him to do this and he is but did not suggest it not good moler fucker

cam remember rosmarys baby I am trying to collect all the good scary movies

never got a phone call but they operate strange

found another university that needs my skills so we will c I will get something soon

got another A this week on school work

Bernie jeez feel better

NM crazy day that was

hi cyn cyn

Mass general yup stayed right there the hospital district

who wa shemorraging

kat my cousin lives in Hawaii first cousin

thats my next desintation

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited September 2013

Oh mom doing better just overwhelmed with her and school