Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

how about drinking?

Options

Comments

• HERO2
    HERO2 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Pepperoni, onions and tomatoes ! YUM !

I AM SO....FRIGGIN HAPPY FOR YOU! WOO HOO!!

psst: am due my 1 yr checkup.....three weeks ago! Don't say nothin' , pleeze......I know, I know...

HERO , class of '05 (1 yr remission)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 4,011
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Hi Janis -
    Congrats to you! I am so happy you got good news. I hope my 3 month post-chemo Onc visit this Friday goes as well.

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!
    Laura
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Good thoughts for your visit on Friday Laura and we'll raise a glass to you as well. And Hero??? Yes, you can hear me I know you can... Go. Go and make that phone call and book that appointment. Now honey. Go. And I'll be back to check on you...ask my kids...they know I've got eyes in the back of my head!!
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited June 2006
    Options
    That's the best news I've heard all day ronda!!!

Congratulations...

Peggy
  • Rosemary44
    Rosemary44 Member Posts: 272
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Ronda,

Great news! I wish I saw your post sooner, I would have loved that pizza. Enjoy your party!
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2006
    Options
    ronda.......CHEERS!

hero........get to the doc for that appt!

i'm goin for my prophy mast on thursday......gettin nervous........wish me luck ok? i'll be back "toasting" us all over the weekend i hope!
  • JanieMarie
    JanieMarie Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Rhonda - Cheers! Wooo-Hoooo! So happy for you.

HERO...I'm not sayin' nothin' -- durh!---I can't help myself! Go make that appointment.

Easier said than done, I realize. Everytime I see my doctor it's another test..okay, I'm not helping things here...sorry. How about the old cliche` "Just DO it!" ?? Did that help??

Shel - good luck - I'll be sending you good thoughts!

Janie
  • Rosemary44
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Shel,

Yes, lots of luck to you but you won't need it. You'll be fine. I'll look forward to seeing your toast. I know, nothing will help those nerves, but once it's over, it's over. How's that for wisdom of the ages.
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options

Good luck Shel!! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday...you'll do great!

• rondab
    rondab Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Pizza was good, beer was good, time with hubby & friends was great! We had a nice evening.
    Laura, Shel - good luck to y'all!! I'll be waiting to hear your good news. And Hero - I never said a word! But best of luck to you too cause I know you're going to make that appt. That lady with the eyes in the back of her head could make it bad for you! lol! Ronda
  • Rosemary44
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Well this breaks my heart:

Dark soya sauce healthier than red wine: study advertisement
    Jun 06 (Reuters) - Dark soya sauce, widely used in east Asia, may prove to be more effective than red wine and vitamin C in combating human cell damage, researchers in Singapore said.
    Scientists found that the sauce -- derived from fermented soya beans -- contains antioxidant properties about 10 times more effective than red wine and 150 times more potent than vitamin C, Singapore's Strait Times reported on Saturday.

Antioxidants -- found in red wine, fruits and vegetables -- counter the effects of free radicals, unstable atoms that attack human cells and tissues. Free radicals have been linked to the aging process as well as a range of ailments including Parkinson's disease, cancer and heart disease.

The National University of Singapore study also found that the sauce improved blood flow by as much as 50 percent in the hours after consumption.

"There's a preventative aspect, showing that it may potentially slow down the rate of cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases.

The nerve, soya sauce better then red wine??? They have to re-do that test. Tell me it isn't so.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Quote:

Dark soya sauce healthier than red wine...

The nerve, soya sauce better then red wine??? They have to re-do that test. Tell me it isn't so.

I still think I'd prefer my glass of Echo Domani Merlot to a glass of soya sauce!!
  • pdgd
    pdgd Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2006
    Options

Shel and Laura, GOOD LUCK! And Ronda, Wowee! I'm so happy for you! I knew we'd all have a celebration at the finish line. I'm at the library again, but going home to make the margaritas in celebration! Pam

• Rosemary44
    edited June 2006
    Options

Can you imagine going on a soya taste testing spree? Some research news just shouldn't be in print. And why did they pick on red wine to compare it to? As you can see, I'm not over it. I'm going to have to breathe in a bag or something.

• pdgd
    pdgd Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2006
    Options

Go have a glass of pinot noir! PAm

• Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Go breathe in a bag!!! Hang on Rosemary!!! And no -- a soya tasting spree is definitely NOT appealing!!

Soya sauce...okay, I like that in a stir-fry but I don't want a steady diet of it. And now no red wine and the antioxidants in my favourite fruits are no good either?!? But my heart...I use the red wine for my heart...which makes me think I'm going to have a very healthy heart in a very wrinkled, aged body.

I'm sticking with the red wine, I'll put soya sauce in my stir fry and hope for the best.
  • Rosemary44
    edited June 2006
    Options
    "And now no red wine and the antioxidants in my favourite fruits are no good either?!?

Sherry, Heavens, don't even think that. It just has more antioxidants then the fruit and wine.
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options

ooohhh okay...that's chemo brain for you, even months later..I still have shuttles that don't connect!!! I'm getting all confused on my free radicals and antioxidants...and if soya sauce has more, then tonight I'll have stir fry, red wine and blueberries for dessert...Pam's pinot noir sounds good, but I've got a half bottle of cabernet sauvignon....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2006
    Options

Is there a difference between soya sauce and soy sauce?

• Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options

Gee, I'm not sure. The bottle I have in the fridge that I cook with is dark soya sauce...anyone else???

• 2up
    edited June 2006
    Options

no difference, just "brand name preferences" i believe..........ya'll have a drink for me around 5 pm tomorrow ok? i'll be all hopped up on pain killers by then lol! good god i'm dreading doing this again.......yikes!

• Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options

Shel honey, I will do just that...what's your preference? I know you like beer...how about a Keith's? Or something else??

• 2up
    edited June 2006
    Options

lol...........coors lite is always a favourite, plus that way you can have a couple since it's "lite"........but whatever you have on hand will do! thanks........man oh man i will NOT be sleeping tonight, thank god for my boxed set of "sex and the city" dvd's and thank god for you guys!

• Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options
    All righty then, a Coors lite it shall be -- or two if the mood should take me!!! The night before is THE worst is it not?!? You just can't settle to one damn thing...but I think a night of "Sex in the City" is a perfect pre-surgery choice...and YOU get to be Samantha you vixen you!!
  • 2up
    edited June 2006
    Options

oh please have 2!..........and my husband is cracking up at the samantha parallel.........if you only knew lololol!

• Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options
    All right, if hubby is cracking up at the Samantha parallel then you've got to dish...seriously!! Kim's a good Canadian girl too you know!! Thinking about that -- I remember telling my "girls night out group" about my bc over drinks (there are 4 of us) and told them I'm now Samantha...they got that part, but in truth, they told me I'm more like Charlotte!! So I'll have 2 -- one for me, and one for you at 5:00 p.m. and say "here's to Shel, she did it, she's gonna make it" and if you tell me your husband looks like Smith, I will seriously be going, "you rock on girlfriend!!"
  • 2up
    edited June 2006
    Options

bwahaha!..........my husband looks eerily like "sting".......no joke!...........i'll dish with ya later during my recuperation............thanks again!....i look more like curious george right now than anything else!

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited June 2006
    Options
    shel-try not to watch the bc episodes, although I've watched those over and over. You need something a little more cheerful. Well since you'll be playing Samantha, slip in an "adult" movie. lol. Then you and sherry will lots to dish about.
    Seriuosly, good luck w/ sx. I'll be thinking of you.
    edit: just as I hit send I realized the abbreviation for surgery, looks like a typo for sex. Ha Ha!
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Okay, Sting is good...he's no Smith mind you, but...what can you do??!?! heee heee I will hold you to that "dish" when you are recuperating..I am very much looking forward to it. My dear girl..Curious George?!? Well all I can say is, you be very careful of that man in the yellow hat!! Go watch "Sex in the City"!!!
  • 2up
    edited June 2006
    Options

thanks sherry and christine.........i'm goin to water my flowers, grab a "last supper" and then i'm goin to watch the "boob tube" no pun intended..........i will definitely steer clear of the BC season............i swear i'll dish later lol! talk to ya'll on the weekend, cheers!