Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Options

Comments

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    edited December 2011
    Options

I posted tis in Ann's I can't breathe thred:

sent an e-mal to Ann at the e-mail address she has on he blog checking in on her and letting her know about all of our good wishes on this thread so she could read them if she was up to it. She responded and let me know I can post her resoponse to update everyone:

Hi, thanks.

I'm fresh out of the hospital with fulminant c-diff colitis. I'm now worried I have toxic megacolon as my belly is so swollen I can hardly stand up. I fear I'll be back in the hospital be end of the week and possibly have to have my colon removed. It's a bit difficult to manage a computer right now since I can't sit up.

It's nice to know people are thinking about me!

• belleeast
    belleeast Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2011
    Options

adding more wood to the fire, prayers and positive healing thoughts to you, coolbreeze!

• PlantLover
    PlantLover Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2011
    Options

Good morning ladies.

There's a breeze in the air this morning ... a cool breeze.  I like to think it's blowing from the west & it's getting stronger!!!

Ann - keep on fighting!!! We're all here for you!

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited December 2011
    Options

Ann, sure hope you are feeling better; know this has not been easy to deal with.  Just a big hug to you and warm wishes for brighter days.

Hugs, Brenda 

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited December 2011
    Options

"There's a breeze in the air this morning ... a cool breeze.  I like to think it's blowing from the west & it's getting stronger!!!"

I love this plantlover.  that is so sweet.

Ann - be well.. i'm so hoping and praying for you.

• PlantLover
    edited December 2011
    Options

Apple ... you know, I don't think I'm a very good writer and that just came to me very quickly & out of the blue. I really do think it "came to me" from Ann -   I've often wished I could write as well as she does.

Still talking to you, Ann!  Hope you can feel it! 

• PlantLover
    edited December 2011
    Options

Okay ... I'm going to snuggle in for the night.  Someone please keep the fires going for Ann! 

• belleeast
    edited December 2011
    Options

fire is still going, praying you are doing better,coolbreeze!!!!

• angelsister
    angelsister Member Posts: 49
    edited December 2011
    Options

Fires still going and the coffee is on. There's such a lot of warmth comes from here. Best wishes cool breeze hope you can join your friends here soon x

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited December 2011
    Options

Keeping the fire going! Ann, I went to your blog last night and read til I couldn't keep my eyes open. The story you wrote for the contest was so moving. I would've been crying my eyes out when everyone started clapping for me. I made a comment and added a story about my school and how good they were to me. I think teachers, by nature, are such loving and caring people. We are lucky to have a school family, as well as our family here, who loves us. I also found your FB site. You are one very busy (and very entertaining) writer!! Get well and come back to us! We miss your wit and your knowledge here at BC.org!

Glenna

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited December 2011
    Options

i keep checking.  I so hope you beat this stupid c diff.  even the name is stupid.  hoping and praying that you rally Ann.and have the strength to beat it.

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    edited December 2011
    Options

Prayers and white light for you Ann

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hold on for better days ahead, Ann.  We're sending you peace and strength, and I hope you can feel it.  Hold on.

• clariceak
    clariceak Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2011
    Options

If you have had c-diff, or know someone who has recovered from a severe case of c-diff, Ann is interested in hearing which alternative therapies worked.  It doesn't seem that the first round of antibiotics is working for her and she will probably be returning the hospital tomorrow.  By alternative, I mean the less used treatments such as

Some reports indicate that cyclosporin A may be beneficial in the treatment of severe ulcerative colitis or toxic megacolon (toxic colitis). Leukocytapheresis (LCAP) has been reported in the treatment of toxic megacolon (toxic colitis). A series of 6 patients whose conditions had failed to improve after treatment with Hyperbaric oxygen has also been reported to be of use in the treatment of toxic megacolon (toxic colitis).[19] Further studies are needed to confirm these results. Shetler et al demonstrated that colonoscopic decompression and intracolonic vancomycin administration in the management of severe, acute, pseudomembranous colitis associated with ileus and toxic megacolon (toxic colitis) is feasible, safe, and effective in approximately 57% to 71% of cases.[28]

The fecal transplant is too experimental at this point.

• PlantLover
    edited December 2011
    Options

Please tell Ann I can't help with her questions but I wish her the very best.

I'll be taking a break from the BCO for awhile. Keep the fires burning ladies!!

• belleeast
    edited December 2011
    Options

fire still going, prayers and positive wishes/thoughts for coolbreeze!

• belleeast
    edited December 2011
    Options

keeping the fire going! strength and positive thoughts for coolbreeze/ann!

• TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited December 2011
    Options

Just popping in to lay another log on the fire... too late in the day for me to have coffee, but thinking we should all have a cup of cocoa and enjoy the fellowship.  My prayers and best thoughts go out to Ann....but also to my Brenda (naniam).   Brenda... sending you hugs and wanting you to know we are here for you!!! 

• Naniam
    edited January 2012
    Options

Ah, Pam, isn't it interesting how we all seem to manage to come back to the Wagon Circle - where we gathered so many times around so many sisters fighting and so many that lost their fight. 

Never thought I'd be back in the circle now considered Stage IV - kind of boggles the mind.

Ann, sure hope that you are feeling so much better.  Has been a really tough road for you to long now. 

Blessings to all - may 2012 bring us lots of smile, great memories and good scans

Gentle Hugs,  Brenda 

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited January 2012
    Options

Dropping by the circle to say hi to Brenda and Pammy.

Brenda ... it still is so hard for me to accept your Stage IV diagnosis.  It breaks my heart.  I hope you are feeling okay today and the side effects from the medications aren't too bad.

Pammy .. love you dear friend.

Hoping Ann is feeling better and getting stronger.

Hugs to all in the Circle,

Bren

• Naniam
    edited January 2012
    Options

Bren, thanks.  Hard to believe too.

Ann, haven't seen an update so hope you are doing much better or well by now. 

It is cold today and I'm tossing on a few more logs to keep us warm.  Hugs and blessings - Brenda 

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited January 2012
    Options

Time to do abit of camp fire cooking. Cocoa to warm the soul. A nice stew to warm the heart. Stay close and feel the love. Keeping you all close

• Naniam
    edited February 2012
    Options

Find on difficult days, I come back to the place where we gathered and made lasting friendships.

Tossing on several logs - keeping us warm & safe 

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited February 2012
    Options

Brenda I hope you don't mind but I want to come and sit by you.........

I have smuggled in some Guacamole and chips (not sure it is campfire food)

and some homemade tamales.........

the fire feels great...........

and the friendships are priceless............

shokk

• Naniam
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ah, glad you could join me. - love to have you beside me

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2012
    Options

Guacamole a circle girl favorite. The fire is wonderful. Come join us, hold hands, share the love.

• Naniam
    edited February 2012
    Options

Happy Valentines Day all the wonderful ladies I met at the campfire

• angelsister
    angelsister Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2012
    Options

Happy valentines lovely campfire ladies. Even tho I'm a newcomer to the circle, I feel good when i sit here x steph

• dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Options

mmmmmm - chocolate!

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2012
    Options

It's wonderful to see so many gals back around the Circle.

Brenda .. hope you're feeling okay with your radiation treatments.  Are they helping with the pain?

Hope everyone has a happy Valentine's day.

Bren