Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Success Stories!

Options

Comments

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2016
    Options

bumping for Laura ~

• sharita
    sharita Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    Options

i am so impressed by a lot of these stories which are so inspiring and encouraging

but i think what we alll want which will hell a lot of us in our community is

what those who have survived really did to be such a success

what you ate ! what you changed in your live !

i think cancer cure will be very near if people can pay attention and share what made them able to do so well for so long

i remember nursing someone who was 98 yrs old who said she had breast cancer in her 40's so she was more than a 50 year survivor

then i did not have cancer but she was my rock

now i have breast ca but an not doing very well

I wish i could get someone who can reccommand me aan on on oncologist who is willing to help breast cancer patients- ampathy

let me know if you can reccomment me your oncologist to save my life

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2016
    Options

bump

• kiks1
    kiks1 Member Posts: 118
    edited February 2016
    Options

I just want to share that when I was first dx, my mil was an inspiration. We weren't always on the best of terms but the last few years we have managed to become more understanding towards each other. She is a 45+ year survivor of bc. Back then, she just had a umx and went on with life. My husband was a 6+ year old then, he is 51 this year. Her strategy is to take one day at a time and enjoy life. She has not even mentioned it once until my dx. She can't even remember the details anymore. I aspire to get there at some point.

• Nico1012
    edited February 2016
    Options

Bumping for Lydia ~

• Srh242
    Srh242 Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2016
    Options

bump

• Nico1012
    edited March 2016
    Options

Bumping for Shawna ~

• Nico1012
    edited March 2016
    Options

Bump ~

• funthing42
    funthing42 Member Posts: 236
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi everyone I need a boost.

I really am not sure. Why not one has stated my stage to me. I'm afraid to ask.

Most of my hx is below. Except my reccurrence this year.

I finished Rads for the skin mets recurrence in 2015.

It occurred after finishing TCH I had 2 more doses of herceptin and it was back in my skin locally. Reason for Rads.

So it would have been a year but I didn't make it. Rads did a awesome job locally.

Feb I received a call tumor markers are up and pet showed nodes on the opposite side axilla and pectoral area. I also discovered a skin nodule which I had for a while 6mos. Tiny thought to be a cyst. No testing for this.

Anyways my pet and scans are good except this.

Everyone is pushing ibrance and latzrole. I am hoping to cure them this way. I'm not sure if I am curable. Worried sick.

I wanted surgery but was talked out of it .

3 nodes some in pect. One deep axilla. I guess because it's in my skin. Well Im basically @#%@ out of luck.Im looking a trials also. I'm so afraid I will make the wrong choice or be to trusting. I original dx 4% chance of coming back.

Sorry to whine. I'm just seeking courage.

• Nico1012
    edited April 2016
    Options

Bumping for Craig ~

• Srh242
    edited April 2016
    Options

HappyBump because we need Hope

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have been through 4 cancer and am not giving up, My last was

stage 3 IDC and been 10 years, I keep a grateful journal and when

I have challenges I write them in the back of the journal and leave it.

I was told my tumor in my thyroid is growing but not cancer YAAAA

Stay positive and love everyday and love Yourself with positive

thoughts and if You believe prayer. It sure help me and is still. You

can do it! Will be think of You all and praying for You too.

Heart

• Srh242
    edited May 2016
    Options

thank you footsprint💘💕❣💖

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2016
    Options

Very wise words Footprints. Xx

• Ter
    Ter Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2016
    Options

hi, im Ter, and haven't been on line for many years. I still see my onc 4 times a year, n so far so good. I thank God for the years he has given me. Not sure if u remember me as after 5 years of my Dr belling me it was a fatty tissue, his PA came Inn saw me as he was my reg doc his PA said no more restrogen that had been over 23 years n sent me to a surgeon. I was very uninformed on BC at the time, the surgeon did a core bx. Which I didn't know was the wrong kind, but wk after did a FNA two days later I got a call from Dr informing me I had cancer. OMG I was in tears n next day was in hosp. He removed my R breast, and then found 27 met lymph nodes under an n down my ribs. I was a basket case, as right after that my mom had a horrible stroke. I tried to care for her at home but couldn't going thru chemo. Very long years ahead, plus many other physical problems. I made alot of friends here at BC.org, but my lap top broke was broke, and had mom to worry about.

I would like to volunteer w groups here in town w older people, as last year on my bday y best friend my mom died.

I sure hope someone here remember remembers me. I made friends w two gals up I Washington state area, and I went up there to visit my sister the two friends didn't know each other but got a hold of each other, and came down to my sis home for the day, it was one of the beautiful days I've had in long time.

Not sure how this works, but hope someone remembers me, please write n let me know.

Thanks for listening

Ter

• Nico1012
    edited May 2016
    Options

bump

• sheropesem
    sheropesem Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Options

bump

• Nico1012
    edited June 2016
    Options

Bumping for Craig ~

• Nico1012
    edited June 2016
    Options

bumping for Helen ~

• Srh242
    edited June 2016
    Options

bump

• carmelle
    edited June 2016
    Options

Bumping!

• Nico1012
    edited July 2016
    Options

A bump for the Newbies ~

• Srh242
    edited July 2016
    Options

bump

• Srh242
    edited July 2016
    Options

bump

• Nico1012
    edited August 2016
    Options

Bumping ~

• carmelle
    edited August 2016
    Options

Bump

• Nico1012
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bumping ~

• ClarkBlue
    ClarkBlue Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2016
    Options

My mom and 2 of her sisters (she is one of 8 children) had BC at the same age as me (45) - mom had single mastectomy, one aunt had lumpectomy and Tamoxifen, other aunt had lumpectomy. None had chemo or radiation. One aunt had minor recurrence in breast 20 years later, then chose to have double mastectomy last summer. Still no chemo or radiation. My cousin (daughter of one of the aunts with BC) just had a double mastectomy as well - she will not need chemo or radiation either. None of us have tested positive for the BRCA gene, and we all live in separate areas of the country.

Despite 5 women in my family having breast cancer, no one has died, and they are ALL (myself included) living happy and fulfilling lives. Breast cancer is not a death sentence!

-Keely

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2016
    Options

wow Clark blue. That is really interesting that many in your family had bc. I'm happy if you had to get this disease that you find comfort in knowing your family has shown there is life after BC! So grateful you shared that. Keep posting and doing great.

• lilyp6
    lilyp6 Member Posts: 130
    edited September 2016
    Options

So good to see you here Keely! Hi all, I have a next door neighbor who had breast cancer 20 years ago. She's not only thriving today, but she's checking in all the time to support me.