Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Success Stories!

Options

Comments

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2018
    Options

bumping for the newbies . . .

• ButterflyLily
    ButterflyLily Member Posts: 101
    edited January 2018
    Options

So glad I found this thread! It has been my lifeline since I was diagnosed this past November. I'm 40 yrs old. Thank you ladies for all the encouraging stories. It's helped me so much. Heart

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited January 2018
    Options

Love this post!! I was dx at 29 now I am almost 31. I am planning to live at least another 30 years!

• ButterflyLily
    edited January 2018
    Options

stephilosophy00, i love your positive attitude and I intend to adopt the same approach.

We have similar DX and treatment. I'm starting AC+T on Feb 9th, 2018. Can you please let me know how how SE's were. Were you able to continue daily activities, work etc?

Hugs

• ButterflyLily
    edited February 2018
    Options

just spoke to a friend of mine I hadn't seen for quite some time and told her about my Dx. She immediately told me about another friend of hers who was dx with BC 12 years ago and did 2 lumpectomies and chemo when she was 34 years old. She is 46 now and was recently officially declared by her doctors in remission and "cured".

• PVM
    PVM Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi ladies thought i would jump in here, i just finished my cancer treatment & at this point i am in remission & scared of the dreaded C coming back, i think its a fear alot of us go through. I went today for a fitting for a LE sleeve for LE prevention as again cancers gift is that some people end up with LE & others don't. When i was talking to the lady that did the fitting she told me about her mom that was over 20 years cancer survivor with 6 poss nodes. She said her mom died of natural causes not the dreaded C coming back. She also told me that she has alot of ladies that go for fittings there that have had poss nodes & the dreaded C has not come back. She told me don't stress yourself over what you cannot control & live your life. I know easier said than done but seeing those wonderful success stories gives me hope.

• adelozier
    adelozier Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2018
    Options

bump

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi, I began this thread in 2003. It is 2018...my babies are now growing up and finishing high school. I forget 99% of the time and when I remember it doesn't hurt or contain fear. Many of my friends from bc.org are doing great although we move on from boards. Just a stop in for a big hug on my 15 year anniversary of diagnosis (although i had lump 3 years prior)!. You can do this. Also I work in healthcare production...so many fantastic things in BC, new treatments all the time, non toxic, women in metastatic stage being treated as chronic. that wasnt the case in 2003. xoxo

• Joyseeker
    Joyseeker Member Posts: 247
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thank you Carmell....for the hope ❤️

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thank you so much!! You ladies are awesome!!

• Falconer
    Falconer Member Posts: 801
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Carmell, it's nice to read your annual check in. Thanks!!
  • adelozier
    adelozier Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2018
    Options
    • bump
  • ButterflyLily
    edited February 2018
    Options

Carmelle - thank you for starting this post and I'm so glad it's still going strong 15 years later. It has given me so much courage and hope!

Btw found our my coworker'e neighbor is close to 20 years survivor and her aunt is over 10 years out now. Both living their lives.

Hugs to all of you strong and beatuful ladies!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,998
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks for checking back in again Carmelle and for your positive uplifting words.

Big hugs to you

Heart

• Nico1012
    edited February 2018
    Options

bumping for Bethany . . .

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2018
    Options

when I was just diagnosed my colleague called me and invited me to her house for coffee, I was feeling very down and confused at the same time, when I arrived there she introduced me to her mom and aunt, aunt was 15 years stage 3 survivor she was 32 when she was diagnosed and mom was 9 years stage 3 TNBC survivor.. they looked so healthy and happy both, they told me all these stress and anxiety will get better by time, and by the way they both were eating sinly everything, no diet at all😊

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,972
    edited March 2018
    Options

Do what you love; which includes eating what you love! Happy

• lilyp6
    lilyp6 Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thank you Nas. I love that story. What an incredible gesture from your colleague! People really struggle with what to do and say, and I'd say that she hit that one out of the park.

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2018
    Options

lily, my cousin is a 5 year TNsurvivor, she had 14 lymps positive and still doing great and NED😊

• lilyp6
    lilyp6 Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2018
    Options

Oh, wow, Nas. Thank you for sharing that, especially since she was TNBC. As I say, I'm happy to be anywhere, and I like to think about how (relatively) lucky we all are.

• ToughCookie101
    ToughCookie101 Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thank you for posting that Nas! I was diagnosed late last year at 33, hearing that story put a smile on my face. :)

• Poobrains
    Poobrains Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Options

Do you know what type of cancer she had?

• swimjames
    swimjames Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2018
    Options

Has anyone out there, after a lumpectomy, have no recurrences for 10 years or longer??

• Valentina7
    Valentina7 Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2018
    Options

I have two friends: One 10 years triple negative Stage 3... And one 13 years ago ER+/PR+, Stage 2 (2.5 cm)

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited April 2018
    Options

My husband's great Aunt had no recurrence after her lumpectomy 40 years ago.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,972
    edited April 2018
    Options

Me.....I'm 11 years out.

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited April 2018
    Options

anyone with positive nodes?

• lou789
    lou789 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    Options

i was 5 years clear yesterday yee ha 😃😃

• Nico1012
    edited April 2018
    Options

Bumping for Anjeanette ~

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162
    edited April 2018
    Options

I was just diagnosed 11 days ago at 33 years old, wjth stage 1 ILC, still in the process of developing a plan for treatment. The initial shock is wearing off and I am surprised at how well my spirits are, and coming across this thread has lifted them that much more! I plan on reading through some more pages later! Thank you to everyone who has gone before, and thank you for sharing your stories!