Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin

Options

Comments

• Carolina59
    Carolina59 Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2007
    Options

Congrats, Nan and LG123--y'all made it! I can't wait to be where you are. Well, Nan, I know you have the SEs to deal with, but still, DONE! Yay!

Cindy, sorry you're suffering from radiation burns. Ugh. I'm glad you're so near the end. It must feel good. The herceptin will soon be done, too.

Had 4th chemo on Oct 18. I have a question about dry eyes. The last few days my eyes have felt "wet," the rims feel swollen and almost "sticky" when I blink. Today I put on mascara for the first time in a few weeks, and I could swear my eyelashes have thinned out. Then tonight my husband noticed that I have no nose hair (have had up until now). So my question is: do I have the chemo dry eyes, or is it like the weird scalp sensations when my hair started falling out that I am now feeling on my eyelids? It is totally annoying and I feel like my vision is a little blurrier also.

Thanks for any tips on dealing with this symptom, whether it is dry eyes or my eyelashes falling out (or both). :-(

xo Carolina

• mrs7148
    mrs7148 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hello ladies of the TCH club!  My onc changed my cocktail this morning from 4ac & 4t then herceptin during rads to tch for 6 cycles starting today.  herceptin weekly during the 6 cycles, then every 3 wks until 11/08. they will decide then if i am pre or post menapausal.  i am 50 with sporatic periods (been having flashes and night sweats for years) so the chemo should push me over the edge. (in more ways than one i am sure!)

My muga scan came back perfect preparing for the big A, but I am not sure what herceptin does. Is it as bad for the heart? Unfortunately, i am a metabolic syndrome patient with high triglycerides, high blood pressure, diabetic and obese. I was thin my entire life until my husband was dx with non hodgkins lymphoma back in 2001 and I gained weight probably due to the stress being a caregiver.  He is in total remission now and losing his steriod weight, but i cannot for the life of me lose mine.  I was hoping (sorta) that a positive of the cancer would be weight loss, but i have been told different by the onc and nurses.  Since i will be off work for a while i hope to get a walk in every day and ride my stationary bike, I hear the exercise really helps with the side effects.

Sorry this is sooooo long!  I woke up and cannot get back to sleep, the dh is snoring away and I dont want to interuppt him when tomorrow is a work day.

Cheryl

• lwy
    lwy Member Posts: 116
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi Girls,

I'm feeling much better this week. Didn't mean to be a downer with my last post.

the dry eyes and wet rims and sticky feeling- I experienced the same thing and it went on for almost 1 month after my last chemo. I even went to see an opthomologist because I thought maybe it was an infection because sometimes it burned. She said it was just from the chemo and the best way to treat it is to use saline eye drops. Sounds weird since the problem is watering but the dry eyes cause you to secrete more tears. It actually worked for me.

My hair is growing back slowly. i think the femara and zoladex might be slowing it down a bit. still not long enough that I would feel comfortable going to work without a wig.

My last radiation treatment is monday. I had some skin breakdown in the armpit but thankfully after the radiation to the area was already done. didn't get any oozing. using neosporin which helps. My tumor was also along the underwire line so I've been wearing cotton bras without underwires that I purchased at gap.com   They weren't very expensive and they are fairly comfortable. they do flatten my boobs though so my clothes don't fill up quite the same!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Leslie

• Poppy_Spruce
    Poppy_Spruce Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2007
    Options

Carolina,

The dry eyes are a strange experience because they do water and itch. I have heard other people talk about this and it seems to be par for the course.

I can't wait for you (and all the ladies) to be where I am. It is great to have it all behind you - even if rads and Hereptin still lie ahead!

I still have my eyelashes, although my brows are pretty thin. I saw a product on Rachel Ray called Brow Boost by Billion Dollar Brows. Women who have had chemo have used it with great results. I ordered some and will let you know how it goes. In real life, I never had a problem with fullness - go figure! http://www.billiondollarbrows.com/

I also read about Revitalash. It was developed by a doctor whose wife had chemo for breast cancer. He developed this eyelash boost for her. I have heard that it works wonders. It's pricey, so I bought it on ebay (it's new - not used or anything icky!). I will let you know how that goes as well. http://revitalash.com/

• Poppy_Spruce
    edited November 2007
    Options

Cindy - HELP!

Okay - I am getting ready for my rads consult and I have heard that women have permanent and significant shrinking of the breast with rads. Has this happened to you? I already have a dent - now I am going to be lopsided? This hardly seems fair!

Please tell me that this is not true - or at the very least - not common!

• lwy
    edited November 2007
    Options

Nan-I have my last rad session tomorrow and I haven't noticed any significant shrinking of my breast. in fact, right now it may be more swollen than normal because of the irritation. My rad/onc didn't mention anything about this to me, and he's been very straight forward to me about everything. hope that helps.

Leslie

• cinrae123
    cinrae123 Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi ladies,,,,,,,,,hope all is well.

Nan,,,,,,,,,,I have 3 more boost rads to go,,,,,,and my doctor never mentioned anything about shrinkage either,,,,,,,,and like Leslies doctor, he has been so explanative about everything and not once mentioned shrinkage.

Leslie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good for you,,,,,,thats so exciting to almost be done huh?  Just having to go to the doctor every frickin day is getting old.   My left boob also seems to be swollen,,,,,,,,and I think its just cause of the irritation from the radiation.  My burns are getting a little better every day, but not all the way cleared up.  The rad nurses guarantee me it will all go away and be back to normal soon........and by George, I'm holding them up to that promise.

Nan,,,,,,,,,,,if you ever have any questions about rads and all,,,,,,,we are all here to help ya ok?

And welcome mrs7148.  I hope the doctors changing your chemo will be good for you. I'm sure it will be fine.  I will continue to do the herceptin till May 2008 and my doctor has me go in every 3 months for an echocardiogram of the heart, which I bet  your doctor will have you do as well.  Since doing the herceptin along with chemo since May,,,,,,,,,,my heart hasnt changed one bit. Sounds as though you have a lot on your plate, huh?  This is a great place to come for information or just vent, thats for sure.  Chin up girl.

Carolina, Nan and Leslie,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah the dry eye thing,,,,,,,,that was weird.  I could never figure out why they call it dry eye when they water constantly.  The doctor had given me a presc for that,,,,,,but I swear,,,,,,,,I dont think it really ever helped.  It just went away in time.

omg,,,,,,,,,two months out of chemo and I still see a lot of scalp.  This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.  I am getting some hair in,,,,,,,but there is still one hell of a lot of scalp showing.  How is everyone elses hair growth coming along?  Its gonna be months and months before I can even feel comfortable about going commando.  I see a few eyelashes coming in but nothing that screams out at me in excitement.  That seems to be slow growing too.  Am I human??  lol

Have a good week ladies,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cindy

• lwy
    edited November 2007
    Options

welcome cheryl- i know that it is unnerving to have your chemo plan changed at the last minute, but I think you will be pleased that you are doing the TCH instead of AC/TH. from what I've been reading, the TCH is much better tolerated in terms of side effects (nausea/vomiting/diarrhea) than AC. It is better for your heart. Herceptin can decrease your heart function, but it is usually reversible, meaning they hold a couple of doses and it goes back to normal most of the time. doing A with Herceptin increases the chances of irreversible heart damage (at least that is my understanding). I am on herceptin until May 2008 too, like Cindy, and so far my heart is fine (knock on wood).

Cindy- The hair on my head is growing, but the growth has slowed down a bit. still can't go without a wig. I can't wait to stop wearing the wig. my wig, despite washing it often, has seen better days. I'm not kind to it. I've given up on my real hair wig and just wear the synthetic. in fact, I have no idea where in my house my real hair wig is! I'm also sick of bandanas  because it just reminds me that I have (HAD) cancer. I'm getting moderate back pain and joint pain from the femara so my oncologist just emailed me and asked me to stop it for a week and see if my pain goes away. if it does, then it's just from the drug. if it stays, then I have to get more studies (probably bone scan).

cindy and katymom- almost done with radiation huh? I'll be so so happy to be done. the boost is really irritating my nipple because it is included in the boost site. my whole boob started to itch this weekend. it is so uncool to be scratching my boob at work. no one wants to see their doctor scratching her boob when she is talking to you!!!

Leslie

• cinrae123
    edited November 2007
    Options

Leslie,,,,,,,,,,,,the comment on scratching the boob had me laughing.  I know that I have asked you this before,,,,,,what kind of doctor are you,,,,, whats your specialty?  I just got one synthetic wig,,,,,,but I have heard that the real hair ones are very hard to keep up.  I know what you mean about wearing the wig,,,,,,,,,I ammmmmmmmmm so over it, but not ready to go commando by any means.  Too much scalp showing for my comfort level.  lol

Have a great week,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cindy

• sarahlouise
    sarahlouise Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2007
    Options

Nan,

Thanks for toasting me during your premeds.  Our last chemo is over fantastic, but I am not feeling too great yet.  Had to have 2 hrs fluid yesterday and then again today and still feeling dizzy.  I am spending more time at the clinic which wasn't in the plan. 

Everyday I will get a little better and at least I don't have to take the steroid or emend again.  Still have herceptin every 3 weeks once my heart has returned to normal until July 08 but at least there are no side effects just the hassle of going to the appointments.

Good luck everyone and hang in there.

Sarah

• Poppy_Spruce
    edited November 2007
    Options

Sarah - I will pray for you.Hope that doesn't offend you - I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Like Cindy said...there are better days ahead!

Cindy/Leslie - Thanks for the reassurance about shrinkage. The doc I saw today said that is pretty rare, and if it does happen it is minimal. What a relief - that already is the smaller girl! When you get a chance - you can see my update on the traumatic rads consult. I saw another doc today and it was a much better experience.

Cindy - Have you tried Rogaine? Some people had good results with that. And as far as the eyelashes so, I am looking forward to starting that Revitalash. I bought it on ebay cause I am cheap!

Leslie - Congrats on being done with rads! I didn't know you were a doctor. I am a nurse! Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes a little information is a bad thing, huh?

Mrs, Carolina and Goodvibes....hope you guys are doing well. Nobody wants chemo that's for sure, but I know that we are lucky to be on this regime. It is about time that medicine recognizes that there are safer alternatives to AC! Leslie is absolutley right about herceptin and heart effects. I think you caught a break, Mrs, when they switched your cocktail.

Thanks for the support!

• cinrae123
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi girls,,,,,,,,,,

Nan,,,,,,,,,good to see you are doing well.  I think my problem is that I am just very impatient,,,,,,,I want a full head of hair like tomorrow,,,,,lol  Cool that you are a nurse,,,,,,my husband is a nurse too,,,he works in the cardiac cath lab.  What kind of nursing do you do?  Even though he is a nurse,,,,,,there are lots of things he didnt know about cancer and chemo and all,,,,,,he has learned along with me. 

Tomorrow is my last day for rads,,,,,,,,,I am soooooooo jazzed.  One less thing to have to do.  Herceptin every three weeks is doable.  But I am sure as time goes on I will be tired of doing that too.

Hang in there Sarah,,,,,,,,,,,you are almost there.  Good for youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Have a good rest of the week,

Cindy

• Carolina59
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks for tips re: dry eyes. They are much better now--it may have had something to do with the upper respiratory/sinus infection as well.

Cindy and Leslie--congrats on finishing your rads! You're done (well, except for the Herceptin). Some of my hair is growing in--it's probably about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch, but it's very thinly distributed, and mostly what I see is the stubble which has not grown one iota since I shaved my head right before the second tx. But at least something is growing--and so far, it's not gray! But I have a feeling I'll be wearing this wig for many months to come.

Sarah, sorry you're feeling so bad. I have to get fluids the first week after tx also. I find that it helps me get over the worst of it, but it still takes a week and a day before I feel halfway human.

Nan, thanks for your good wishes. Yes, glad I'm not on ACT regimen. Between the Adriamycin and the Herceptin, the heart really takes a beating.

I go for my 5th (next to last!) tx tomorrow. I so hope it is not as brutal as the last one. But I'm prepared for the worst. I've been feeling pretty good since late last week--hate to have it end. Oh well. Last time I lasted until Sat. after my Thurs. tx before I collapsed. (good ole decadron kept me going for a day or two).

Hope everyone is well.

xo Carolina

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

Today was my weekly herceptin drip, the chemo nurse explained that they give a mega dose with the TC at the first tx, then they split the herceptin in 1/3 so it isnt as hard on the heart.  The TC smacked me down on days 4-6 and i actually feel pretty good today.  I hope the herceptin by itself doesnt knock me back a step or two.  I am lucky enough to be able to stay home during this, but I would like to be able to do a load of laundry or two.  The past few days I have been a very wet dishrag just napping the day away.  Of course, i was a bit nausous so i took a compazine and that means nitey nite to me. 

My onc said it was ok to take the claridon-d for my sinus.  I spent a night awake all stuffed up trying to breathe thru the mouth. One of the joys of living in ohio is constant temp/barometer changes that wreck havoc with the body systems. I am breathing much better now.

• Carolina59
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hey everybody,

Just checking in. We're getting ready to drop off the 2nd page, so better bump us up.

I am a week past my 5th tx, and this one was better except that I caught another cold--without a fever this time though, so I'm able to function.

For those of you who have finished TCH, did any of you experience neuropathy? I seem to have more numbness and tingling in the tips of my fingers after this last treatment. I'm wondering if it went away after the chemo was done? I hope so.

Hope you're all doing well. I'm looking forward to feeling good for Thanksgiving, and then my last chemo is on Nov. 29. Can't believe I'm almost there.

Best,

Carolina

• Poppy_Spruce
    edited November 2007
    Options

Congrats, Carolina! You are so in the homestretch now!

I had tingling throughout my treatment - but nothing debilitating. I am two weeks past my last treatment and the tingling in the hands is better, but I have swollen feet. That just started. No pain or anything, just fat, puffy feet. I am hoping that it passes as I get further away from chemo.

I have been noticing peach fuzz and stubble on my hair, so I have been using the Nioxin shampoos and treatments for a few days now. Will let you all know how that goes!

• sarahlouise
    edited November 2007
    Options

Carolina, you are nearly there.

I had some tingling and still have a little in my feet and hands so hopefully it will go away soon.  My dr did reduce the dose on my last 2 treatments due to the neuropathy.

Since my final treatment I have very watery eyes and my dr tells me it is from taxotere which causes scaring of the tear ducts.  Has anyone else had this and what I can do?

Apart from my eyes and a bit of tingling I am feeling great, 10 days after my last chemo and just so pleased I will never have to feel like that again.

Nan when my feet swelled up they took me off the herceptin for a while, ask your dr.  I am now back on Herceptin and every week.

Bye for now girls

Sarah

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

Today is day 16 after my first tx and no hair loss yet. I feel normal even though yesterday was another herceptin tx, I think that by taking the antihistimine it stops my nose from dripping and I dont have the achey feeling. I go back for tx2 on 11/21, so i should be ok during thanksgiving, just all wound up on the steriods. 

When you think that 20-25% of all breast cancer is her2+ and that tch is the "standard" treatment for it, not many posters for this thread!  Our chemo cocktail is much less vicious than the ac both with side effects and on the heart.

Carolina, i envy your being so close to the end!  If everything stays on track I will do my 6th tx on Valentines day.  With the holidays ahead, it sure seems like a very long time from now.

Cheryl

• Carolina59
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi all,

Nan, I hope the swelling in your feet goes down. Sarah's suggestion is a good one about checking with your dr., since we know Herceptin is hard on the heart.

Sarah, I didn't think the tear duct thing was permanent. I've had some watery eye issues, although it's better now. I sure hope it goes away in time. I think it takes a while for all this crap to get out of our systems. I'm also hoping the neuropathy won't be permanent.

Cheryl, are they giving you antihistimine with your H tx alone, or just when you have the TCH together? So far I haven't had H alone--will start after my last chemo--and I don't know if they will give me the Benedryl that they've been giving me with the TCH tx. I'll have to find out more. I remember when I set up my chemo schedule after my first tx, and the end looked so far away. The receptionist said, "it'll fly by." Well, it hasn't exactly flown by, but we just slog through the chemo months doing the best we can, and before you know it, the last one will be just ahead of you.

I agree that this board is slow. Where are all the TCH women?

Best,

Carolina

• lg123
    lg123 Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm sitting at my desk at work--TGIF. I'm just now catching up with all the paperwork that piled up because I missed a week after each chemo treatment.

I sure like reading all the posts but I don't post too often because a lot of the stuff I would say has already been said, and so much better, by others.  

I finished chemo Oct 18 and I feel good. The best thing is knowing that there isn't a treatment # 7!!!

I sometimes get the watery eyes but not every day so........ I hope that means it is temporary. It got really cold  last night and my eyes are watering today but they had been fine for almost a week. The natural tears solution I got at Target works good for me. It does seem weird to treat watery eyes with liquid so thanks to Leslie for that information.

I have some neuropathy in my feet--none in my hands. I hope that goes away but it's nothing serious. I noticed it after treatment 3 and it got worse as I  went along. 

My feet and legs started to swell after treatment #3. Each time they would start to swell on the weekend before the next treatment. They are still a bit swollen but once again nothing serious.

I also noticed horizontal ridges on my fingernails after treatment # 3.  I was told they will grow out.

My taste buds aren't back to normal yet either but definitely much better.

I don't know why I thought that all the SEs would magically disappear after the 6th treatment. Wishful thinking I guess. 

I have peach fuzz on my head but it's colorless so all you can see is scalp.  I can feel it blow in the wind though. Funny. The onc nurses said it would take 2 months after chemo before it started to grow properly.Maybe by the winter holidays I'll be able to celebrate having a little hair again.

My brows are thin but I haven't lost my eyelashes. Hey Nan, I'll be interested to read what you say about the products you are trying.

Carolina--I get the Herceptin alone now every three weeks--no benedryl.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Leslie2

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

My onc has broke up my Herceptin into weekly doses instead of once every 3 weeks while i am doing the tc, he said it is easier on the heart that way. After my 6th tch I will get the herceptin every 3 and will start radiation. After my year is up on herceptin, nov 2008, I will start on hormone therapy.  We don't know what that will be yet cuz i have been irregular with the periods for the last year starting menopause and that puts me on the border of which drugs to take. I have seasonal allergies anyway so I take antihistimines alot for those and the onc said they would make the herceptin almost se free.  Other than feeling like I am coming down with a cold today, i feel pretty good.

The hair shedding has begun.  Today is day 17 after my first tx of tch, my scalp is itchy and sorta tingly.  When i take my fingers and comb thru it I get a lots of loose hairs so I told the hubby before he left for work that tonight might be the shaving night. I already cut my hair short to a "pixie" so it shouldn't be too hard for him to buzz the rest off. I ordered a wig from http://www.tlcdirect.org/, the american cancer society website yesterday.  When I went to a local wig shop they had lots of choices and I found two that I felt I looked good in, but the two wigs would have been $400.  One was more than the other and the stylist said she was giving me a good price and the other one at half price!  My insurance will reimburse me but I just cannot spend that much money on my hair.  I am a low maintenance kind of gal so I bought some really cute caps at walmart and will try the scarf/bandana route first. The wig from tlc was only $46 including shipping, so I am curious to see what it will look like on. I will not be going to work at least through my next few tx so the wig will be for Church and any "special" events during the holidays.  I have noticed at my tx a few ladies in scarves, a few in caps, and one very obvious wig. Out of the 20 or so just the few stand out so maybe the rest are wearing really good wigs and they look great.

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

Cheryl

• vhqh
    vhqh Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2007
    Options

I started TCH 11/15/07, actually did the Herceptin yesterday but will get all three the same day from here on out.  No side effects yet, a brief moment of queasiness from time to time and a little dry mouth however I'm sure this will change when all the meds wear off.  I'm just hoping for a good day Thanksgiving as we have a big extended family get together.

I am stage IV with a bone met, 2.5 cm tumor with 5 of 11 nodes positive, triple positive.  Current plan is for 4 rounds of TCH then tests to check progress, decision will be made then whether to finish 2 more rounds of TCH, change chemo or break for a mastectomy.  I had a lumpectomy but didn't get clear margins, oncologists didn't want to delay chemo so the second surgery was put off.

I will be working through chemo, my supervisor and coworkers have been absolutely wonderful and supportive.  I've been able to change my schedule to get treatments on Thursday and have Friday - Sunday off.  I am a little concerned that it may work out to put my bad days on the first of the work week but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Martha

• Poppy_Spruce
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hey, Mrs..it was between days 14-21 that my shedding began. I cut my long hair to my shoulders and then it went downhill from there. I have a few wigs that I use because I am not a scarf and hat person. I found this wig and it looks a lot like my hair did in real life http://www.ultimatelooks.com/tonyofbeverly/kttob.htm

My other wigs have come from Wilshire Wigs. They are reasonable - but I have found that all wigs need to be shaped before they look right.

Thanks to everyone for the concern about my ankles. I am keeping my feet up and it seems to get better when I do that. Hopefully, this is all chemo's last stand and it isn't a side effect of herceptin. I don't want to have to break and I don't want a year of cankles! As if being bald and bloaty isn't bad enough...isn't cancer beautiful?

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

Nan- that is a reallycute wig! I cant wait for the tlc parcel to arrive and I will sit infront of the mirror shaping away.  I do have a beautician friend that would help if i need it.  Have you told your onc about your swollen feet?  I am diabetic and they watch my feet like an obsession, and any fluid could be serious. Elevation works, cutting out salt too, but do tell your dr.

I wishyou all a great week, side effect free!  The sun is shining in the midwest so I am going to take advantage of a good day. After my tx on Wednesday I should crash by Saturday for at least a week, I want to have some things done so I can just veg out for that week.

Cheryl

• sarahlouise
    edited November 2007
    Options

After my muga scan came back normal, I am back on herceptin every week.  I have swollen up again though, in my feet and my legs feel like weights.  My jeans don't fit either which is depressing.  I thought after the chemo everything just returns to normal, guess I will have to wait afew more months for that to happen.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

• katymom
    katymom Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2007
    Options

Leslie:  I was sorry to hear of the loss of your friend....I haven't been on in a while.  I'm trying to stay connected though because we're all in this together.....Hope you are doing well.  I finished my radiation 2 weeks ago, so I guess you have been done for 3 weeks.

Cindy:  You should be done, too!  Hurray for us!  Now just the herceptin and ER+drugs.....

Have a great thanksgiving everyone and count our blessings!

• cinrae123
    edited November 2007
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving every one.  I havent posted in a while,,,,,,been a tad on the busy side.  I will write more later,,,,,,,but just wanted to pop in to say Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and have a great Thanksgiving Day.  We all do have a lot to be grateful for,,,,,,,,,,,,,we are here living and kicked this cancers butt big time.  Thats enough to be thankful for I think,,,,,,,,,,

Take care and,,,,,,,,,,,ooooooooo and dont eat tooooooooo much.  lol   I know I will be,,,,,,,,I have been salivating for turkey dinner.  lol

Cindy

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

Happy thanksgiving to all!  I am taking my zantac early to be prepared for food I know i will eat, even though I wont be able to taste most of it.  I had the dh clip the hair short, I lost 2lbs instantly! The scalp was hurting so it was time to go.  We will probably shave it close on Sunday if my pillow still has hair on it in the morning.

I did ask the onc yesterday at my 2nd tx why I still had hair on day 21 and he said it was because tch is milder on the body than ac. Less nausea and it takes a little longer for the hair to fall, and we tend to have very loose stools compared to their constipation issues.  I took my imodim before bedtime and was much better this morning than I have been in days.  I will take my zantac before I leave for dinner so I can eat and enjoy a meal that I probably wont be able to taste!

Enjoy the holiday!

Cheryl

• GoldenEyes
    GoldenEyes Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi

I was on this treatment last summer. I did have nausea and hair loss. tingling fingers, hands...No Vomiting, and I was exhausted.. I had my treatments every other week for 4 months. I wish you ladies all the best and keep the faith and keep fighting...

• mrs7148
    edited November 2007
    Options

I get my neulasta shot today, My numbers were at little low at my tx on wednesday.  Dinner went off without a hitch and I was able to taste pretty much everything!  I know that starting tomorrow night i will start with the deep bone aches and I will crash from the steriods on Sunday.  Hopefully, by next thursday I will be getting better day by day and back to sometype of normal.

Take care all, you are still in my prayers.