Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• Imkopy2
    Imkopy2 Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2016

Wow! What an idiot... orgasms are never over, maybe they're not achieved as easily but a person can get there. I think simmering shoudk take your docs orgasms away and see how he likes it!?!?! He'd be begging for a pill, ring, lube, hooker or something that would help him get there. Sometimes men can be so flipping g insensitive. I asked my RO today and she also called BS, she confirmed some of the things we already know ...body image issues, stress, fear, etc. She is also a fan of coconut oil but she did say to try what works for you, trial and error will help you to get there but it's not an overnight process. Love her.

As for you doctor would it be wrong for all of us to show up and just give him a piece of our mind...he'll hath no fury like a bunch of women battling breast cancer. We are all ready to pounce haha!

I like and agree with the oral thing but I think my biggest problem (other than the weight gain, etc.) my port and TE keep my mind so occupied I think that's part of the reason I can't O Andy have lost my desire, I don't feel desirable. But I'm trying to get back to where I was before.

Has anyone tried Sliquid, trying to stay away from all of the unnatural stuff? Any advice would be great thanks!

• ClarkBlue
    ClarkBlue Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2016

So I met with my MO Friday to discuss my options and see what her recommendations were for endocrine therapy... she suggested Tamoxifen and OS based on SOFT trial. She was okay with my choosing an AI instead - my family members who have used Tamoxifen have had to have hysterectomies eventually, so I'm staying away from that.

My question is, I was perimenopausal prior to chemo. Have been in chemopause since May (hot flashes every hour, night sweats, the whole deal)... Once I begin OS, do you think I'm going to experience any worse symptoms or am I already experiencing the worst of it? My hubby and I have resumed sex and it does feel a bit more snug (not a terrible thing! LOL), and I have never had a great libido...

I fired my last MO due to lack of empathy and caring - this new one was a little better, but when I asked her directly about sex and intimacy she suggested "more lube" and to see my gynecologist. So frustrating.

-Keely

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited November 2016

ClarkBlue, it seems logical to me that OS wouldn't feel much different from chemopause as far as hot flashes. I think it more likely that the aromatase inhibitor could increase dryness, etc. because it moves you to state of more extreme estrogen deprivation than menopause does. So I would suggest being proactive with the moisturizer and lube so that you never start a cycle of pain and avoidance and loss of function.

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited November 2016

May I join this conversation?

KB870, you can buy applicators from Amazon to use the coconut oil if it is solid. They are similar to the ones you get with Replens or Estrace. I have several tubes of Estrace from before BC. MO won't talk about sex problems other than his other patients don't have issues (hmmm). Said to see my gyn but he also said NO to Estrace. I have gotten desperate enough a few times to use a gram here and there. The last time DH and I had intercourse my labia was burning. The next morning I put a tiny bit of estrace on it and the burning went away. BTW, whoever mentioned Good, Clean Love lubricant. I like it but it stings me for a several seconds. I am rethinking it and probably will go back to Astroglide. I have been using KeyE vaginal suppositories and they work well but the dryness is getting too much for just that. I think I will add coconut oil to my routine as well.

I had my ovaries out in 2011. That has never stopped me from orgasms. I still can get there but working up the courage to actually do the deed is my problem. Poor DH has been patient.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2016

KB870 coconut oil is easier to use in solid form. I just get a small amount on the end of a spoon, squish it into a "ball" and insert. It does melt very fast on warm hands so you have to be quick.

I had a Pap Smear yesterday and the Dr commented on the "extreme dryness" down there.

• amylsp
    amylsp Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2016

I keep my bottle of coconut oil in the refrigerator so it stays solid. When I'm ready to use, I just use a knife to cut out a small hunk and then insert it as far up as I can in the vaginal canal simply using my fingers. I usually do this right before bed so as much of the coconut oil remains in the vaginal canal as possible. It's really quite easy. :)

• chicopeach57
    chicopeach57 Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2016

I have made little "balls" of coconut oil and froze them, insert right before bed

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2016

I still can't get over the moron doctor who thought orgasms were dependent on the ovaries. I can't even begin to think how he got that lame idea.

• Licata519
    Licata519 Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2016

How often do you use this coconut oil therapy? 😃

• amylsp
    amylsp Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2016

I do the coconut oil once a day at night before bed. Or twice a day, if needed. :)

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited November 2016

Fingers are the best applicators. Big ol' glob on the end of your finger, gently push it up there.

I only use coconut oil before sex. Are you all recommending it daily?

• Molly50
    edited November 2016

Here's some good news . I am going to be talking to my MO about it . Intravaginal Testosterone or Estradiol ring in women on AI's

• Lamp
    Lamp Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016

Hi Molly50, I wish I could understand what was said in that study...

• Molly50
    edited November 2016

Lamp it's saying it appears to be safe for ER + breast cancer patients to use vaginal testosterone or a estrogen ring

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2016

Linsey, thank you for the suggestion of my husband "going south" AND for remembering my post from some time ago!!! I'm always amazed and grateful about the support I receive here.

Hugs, Peggy

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    edited November 2016

Molly I saw that study too and you beat me to posting it Let me know what your doc says. Mine is on maternity leave so I dont see her until February.

• paintThesky
    paintThesky Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2016

15 year survivor here. I was around 42 when diagnosed. I still can't believe, and it's been 15 years, how quickly my body changed. I had my first chemo in Jan of 2002, and I had my last period in Feb of 2002. Slippery Stuff personal lubricant is good. I have not used anything else, and was interested in the coconut oil you all were talking about. I am glad I found this page. I have found over the last 15 years that you keep looking for solutions, so thanks for the tip on the coconut oil! I have been married for 30 years, and for over half of my marriage, this has been an issue because of breast cancer treatments. I asked my gyn, and her attitude is, "that's the hand you've been dealt". Oh well!

• FoxRoxy
    FoxRoxy Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016

A little background on us. we have been together for 5 years . Sex life has never been off the charts because he believes his diabetes stops him from being like a typical guy and always having sex on the brain (unlike me). I am always down for fun with him. It makes me feel closer. Anyway my question is has anyone experience severe dryness that it could rub/cut skin raw? Basically when we do get it on he feels like I took tiny razer blades and cut him :( sometimes after I feel pain below but have always brushed it off on dryness. His pain and cuts lasts for days. which means we are on pause until his "friend " heals up. He is uncircumcised which traps my friend in it's shellbut cause it can not get out. It forms cuts or even yeast and it gets super red. Honestly don't know who to talk to. I'm embrassed and he is mortified. last time this happened they said he had a yeast infection . I'm/we are getting annoyed with all this. Was thinking of starting to use condoms but my husband is already hating that idea.

Sex can bring people together or can bring them apart. if this is a side effect and my fault I don't want him running to someone else for our spousal duties :(

Please help.... Or tell me who to talk to... Down for suggestions , tips, anything

• chicopeach57
    chicopeach57 Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2016

Before using coconut oil I would tear and bleed vaginally and tender area of vulva, also would have friction blisters. GYN explained it is like any skin, needs moisturizing, with our mess we do not make enough of the natural oils to do that. So after every shower I coconut oil my hoohaw inside and around, use lotion on the rest of my skin. My hair is very dry now, no oils there either so have to get good quality conditioners, all part of the same issue. Use estrace cream also, just a little shot of hormones to help the skin, MO prescribed it. Use Platinum Wet for lubricant. I never needed lubricant before, ever. Yeah, we are stuck with what we have but do not need to roll over and give up

• Frill
    Frill Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2016

I spoke to a sex psychologist a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember if I posted here or not about it. To answer some specific questions though based on what she said, the coconut oil should be used daily because it's not only being used for lube - it's great for that! - it's also to help repair the tissue.

She also recommended Hyalo Gyn as a lube that has a restorative effect on vaginal tissue. This is only once every 3 days, but it's more expensive than coconut oil - $30 a month. I bought some to check it out, but haven't been home yet to really test it. Anyway, this stuff has Hyaluronic Acid in it, which is great for my face so I figured it would be good for the other parts, too. Has anyone else tried this?

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2016

No, but now you made me wonder if the "health" of my vaginal walls have anything to do with the amount of hyaluronic acid I take in my supplements. I've been taking various supplements that have Biotin, hyaluronic acid as well as collagen and elastin for years and years. For a little over a year now I've been taking a "hair skin and nails" supplement from Puritan's Pride, mostly for my hair and fingernails.

You can find various formulations they have for this purpose.

http://www.puritan.com/hair-skin-and-nails-059

• kareenie
    kareenie Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2016

I use Gynatrof gel which has hyaluronic acid. I buy it online from Canada. Frill where do you get the Hyalo Gyn?

• Molly50
    edited November 2016

The Gynatrof is expensive but worth it . Is the other stuff available in the US ?

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2016

Ang7894, perhaps you can switch to something that your insurance will cover. I know that the vagifem, which I use, is minimally covered by insurance. But when I used Estrace cream, my copay was only $5. I found it to be very helpful, although a bit messy if I used too much.

It also might be worth your while to try calling the drug manufacturing company to see if you can get some type of a discount card.

I also find coconut oil extremely helpful. I actually put some in a little jar that I keep by the bedside, so that I can dip into it as needed. It doesn't burn like most of the commercial products that I've tried.

• Frill
    edited December 2016

Hi, everyone. I've only managed to use the HyaloGyn a couple of times - I left it at home this time. Drafts! But I noticed a difference between the one dose and the continued coconut oil. I was able to have painless, blood free sex for the first time. I hadn't used anything in the last 24 hours.

I get it at the hospital shop that sells breast forms and that kind of thing. I imagine they carry it because one of the doctors that used to work there was so impressed by it. However, they do have a website and I imagine Amazon has it. No, they don't - lol - but the website is a little cheaper than the hospital: http://www.hyalogyn.com/buy-hyalogyn/

And Seachain, I agree. I've been taking Biotin, collagen chews, D3 made with lanolin. I didn't know you could take hyaluronic acid, but I'd be curious!!!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2016

Frill, that's great! Hope it only gets better from here.

• gardengypsy
    gardengypsy Member Posts: 499
    edited December 2016

Awesome, Frill!!

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited December 2016

Frill, Puritan's Pride has it in various compounded supplements for joints or hair/skin/nails, but it also has it by itself, either in pill for or liquid

http://www.puritan.com/puritans-pride-brand-0102/hyaluronic-acid-50-mg-014860

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    edited December 2016

Frill, congratulations. That's good news for you. I have also been using a gel with hyaluronic acid in it, and I do believe it works better than the Replens did. I have been using hyalofemme. was ordering it off of amazon and its made in Italy but came from the UK. Last time I just purchased 6 boxes of it. I use it about every three days and coconut oil in between on other days. Of course, I just opened my last box and I went to reorder and can't find it on amazon now. Hyalogyn seems to be the same product but costlier. Seachain, maybe I'll look into taking it in supplement form. I didn't even know it existed. Or could we use a capsule or the liquid vaginally? Do the capsules have a liquid or powder in them?

P.S. There are studies I was looking at last night and these gels with hyaluronic acid work nearly as well as the vaginal estrogen.

• Frill
    edited December 2016

TwoHobbies - that is sooo good to know about hyaluronic acid and estrogen. I will stop asking for it and just stick it out with what I'm doing for awhile. I also looked for Hyalofemme on Amazon and didn't find it. But it's available through a site referred by their website: http://www.purpleorchidpharma.com/product/hyalofemme-vaginal-moisturiser/ I hope that helps. I may have to try that, because it's cheaper than Hyalogen even with shipping and conversion, at least from what I can tell.