Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited June 2009

Single sex! I LOVE it..means something a bit different now that I'm over 50 than it meant when I was just over 20 though. hehehehhehe

• Mizsissy2
    Mizsissy2 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2009

Among other things, Lynn, for me there was lots of good advice here...that helped me and my marriage..YES.. too many of the pros are too timid to talk about these things...but now I am a happy camper!  It took Mena the courage to get this started.  And she did it in such a charming, engaging way.  She knew how to walk the very delicate line between vulgarity and good taste.  I will be happy to pass on all your good wishes...

She hasn't posted for a very long time here, but the last time she did it was pretty funny, it was something like

"Mojo ladies still bumpin & grindin...you make Momma proud..." !!!

XXXXOOO 

Foot in mouth 

• cookymkr
    cookymkr Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2009

Hello Ladies~

I put this question at another location and was referred to the MOJO site. Here's my question.....I know you can have sex after reconstruction, but what I really want to know is does the nipple sensation ever come back?  I'm guessing no, but just wondering what everyone else has experienced.

Thanks!  

• Firni
    Firni Member Posts: 521
    edited June 2009

cookymkr, did you have nipple sparing mx or a lumpectomy?  If so, there is always a chance the sensations can come back.  I had BMX with implant reconstruction.  I had nipple sparing on my prophy side and while the nipple is reactive to touch and temp., I don't have sensation in it.  I do have sensation in the entire breast on both sides.  The scar on the cancer side actually has sensation very close to if the nipple was there.  Almost don't want to have a nipple put over that spot.  I haven't heard of anyone having nipple sensation in a reconstructed nipple.

• cookymkr
    cookymkr Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2009

unfortunately, i wasn't eligible for a lumpectomy. My tumor was larger than 1 cm and I wasn't interested in the time committment for doing radiation. So I had BMX & chemo. I'm not sorry about that. At least I know that the cancer is gone! & I'm gonna get [hopefully] nicer boobs than I had before! There's always a trade off isn't there?  I just always enjoyed the nipple stimulation during sex and wondered if that would ever return, but I'm guessing no. Sometimes people who lose a limb have fanthom sensations....I just wondered if nipples had that same possibility.

Thanks for your input! :D

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Well, like I said, the scar on the cancer side does have some pretty good sensation, much like when the nipple was there.  I may just get a nipple tattoo there.  Altho, DH likes the side with the nipple, but I can't feel that.  I'd prefer he paid attention to the non-nipple side, but that kind of freaks him out yet.  You won't really know what kinds of sensations you'll get back until you've done some healing from you exchange surgery.  I'm almost 3 months out from mine and they are feeling pretty good.

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2009

Hello, my chicas! Just popped in quickly (my summer promises to be insanely busy, but in a good way Laughing!) to report some success that a friend of mine has had with KY jelly, the kind that really is gel or jelly and comes in a tube. She had begun to experience atrophy and thinning of the tissue and intercourse was becoming extremely painful, even with liquid lubes. So she bought some of the "old-fashioned" KY jelly and began applying it after her showers and before bed every night. She also applied aton of it every time she anticipated making love. And, well, it seems that she has totally recovered her mojo! And it lasts too, although when sex is more prolonged than usual, she says that she has occasionally has stopped off for a few seconds to apply more jelly.

So I thought that I'd pass that on, in case anyone hasn't tried the thicker stuff and wants to give it a try. HAPPY MOJO-ING, my friends! I'll pop in again soon and, surely, whenever I hear of something new and/or helpful to our cause!

~Marin

• Tabbygirl521
    Tabbygirl521 Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2009

I am so happy to have found this thread!! Very fun to explore. I even learned how to say "G spot" in Spanish. LOL

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited June 2009

Does anyone have nipple memory.  I seem to react to cold and um..... thoughts with the usual sensation and it isnt there any more. 

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Well.  I got my order of Pink silicone lubricant.  It's actually very nice and silky feeling.  If dryness is your problem, this stuff is really nice.  However, my problem isn't dryness.  It's thin walls that tear.  The Pink did nothing to help with that.  We actually used so much, DH said he couldn't feel any friction.  I still tore tho.  I really don't know what I have to say to convince my drs. this isn't a dryness problem.  Three years and 4 docs, (5 with Onc) and they still don't believe me.  Anyway, it wasn't the whooo hoooo mojo weekend we had hoped it would be.  I see Onc on Thurs and will ask for some local estrogen.

• barbe1958
    edited June 2009

{{{{ Firni }}}}}

Dream, yes I have nipple memory but had no idea what to call it! I'd go into the frozen section of the store and sort of feel the sensation...but of course no nipple responds! I asked a number of pages back, that if the nerves were cut to my nipples, then the sexual sensation must be SOMEWHERE in my chest!! But I haven't found it yet....sigh. Cry

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited June 2009

It is like those that have legs cut off and swear their foot is itchy.

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    edited June 2009

Firni, you hang in there and keep persisting, I'm rooting for you!

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Thanks Rose.  I feel like I'm at the finish line now as far as the Estrogen.  My Onc said ok at the persistence of my PCP if I tried that other stuff first.  I saw my Gyn today and she said if Onc doesn't write the RX for me on Thurs, to call her and she'll call it in for me.  She made it sound like  Oncs will OK the use of estrogen, but they usually won't Rx it. 

• Mizsissy2
    edited June 2009

Well, here I am at one of the best medical communities in the country... U of M where everyone is up on research, and they don't worry about local estrogen at all.

What they do worry about is drinking, apparently drinking is the worst thing you can do if you're worried about recurrence.

Miz 

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Hmmmm.  I had one doctor tell me to get drunk before sex if it hurt that much.  I don't see that doc any more.

• Mizsissy2
    edited June 2009

There are lots of irresponsible practitioners out there.  I come from a family of doctors and I was warned about this over and over.  Fimi...you're on a good course.  Can't wait to see how things turn out in a week or so!

Smile 

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Me too!!!

• sakura73
    sakura73 Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2009

Firni I hope the local estrogen is the answer for you. I am noticing that the walls are thinning after 3 months of no estrogen in my body due to ZOladex/chemo. But the worst thing is how tight it all is.  It is awful but I do find myself saying no to sex because I just know it will be painful for the first 5-10 minutes while my vaginal muscles get over their freak-out and open up. After that it feels good on the inside but by then I know I have limited time before the entrance to to the vagina gets chafed. 

I can't wait for chemo to end and my ovaries to come back to life. Until then I am turning into the oral sex queen!

• Firni
    edited June 2009

Thank goodness there are other things to do for the short term.  I was a lot like you a few years ago.  Just before I went into menopause.  The first 5-10 min were rough but then it was all good.  Not any more.  I do have to say that the more you say no, the tighter things will become.  You do need to keep things loosened up some while you're waiting for your ovaries come back to life. Tylenol or whatever you take for pain will help with that initial painful few minutes once in awhile.

• Texas357
    Texas357 Member Posts: 332
    edited June 2009

Firni, I'm watching your progress since I'm dealing with the exact same thing. I don't see my gyn for another 2 months.

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited June 2009

Does anyone know what drinking has to do with recurrence?  Not that I'm a lush but a glass of wine in the evening sure makes sleeping easier.

• barbe1958
    edited June 2009

I just read yesterday that it increases IMMENSELY the rate of recurrence. I had stopped completely as of mast date and am glad I did. Apparently it is huge now, the reports of how much difference it makes. Was quite startling! The report said it was the highest influence. Kinda freaked me out!

It even said that a single glass of wine is bad. I used to drink an entire large bottle EVERY night as spritzers with my DH. EVERY night! I'm glad I don't 'need' to drink, that it was just a habit.....

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited June 2009

Calling all cali breast cancer sisters... can you do me a favor?  I know this is off the topic and I hope it's okay to post this but...I am trying to win a contest for my son (to meet his idol - Joe Perry, Aerosmith)... all you have to do is click on this link and click on the thumbs up icon to vote for our entry (legit site, legit contest, MOST deserving young man!)... can you please help me?  Just trying to bring a little joy into my son's life after all this depressing /chemo stuff... voting is only June 23-26... please vote?  It'll only take a second... help me bring joy to this boy! :)  Thank you so much!  P.S.  It says you can only vote once, but if you have more than one computer I think you can vote twice.. lol  We are only in second place by about 30 votes and voting ends Friday!!!

http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/1177058/pid/1175576

• ktym
    ktym Member Posts: 673
    edited June 2009

Firni, was thinking of you today.  Met a fellow survivor who said she had started using local estrogen and how much it helped.  Sure hope you can get someone to give it to you soon

• Firni
    edited June 2009

kmmd, I keep hearing what a miracle it is.  My fingers are crossed.  I see Onc tomorrow.

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    edited June 2009

Barbie, that's scary stuff.  I too enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or sometimes, a nice cold beer.  I am cutting down, to just one and occasionally, none, a night, as opposed to 2 or sometimes 3.  Where did you read that?  I've also heard that increasing folic acid or B vitsamins might help to counteract some of the effect, don't remember though where I read that.

• barbe1958
    edited June 2009

Rose, I'm not sure which site I read it on, but I've been searching breast cancer metastasis on Dr. Google and was stunned to come across those findings.

• ktym
    edited June 2009

Sorry I know links always mess up the width of the page, but found this interesting.  Note they say alcohol use disorders, not moderate alcohol consumption.  I think it just goes to show how you have to be careful about studies that show correlation not causation. As compared to excercise and breast cancer where they have done randomized studies, most the alcohol studies show correlation and interpretation of those will always be troublesome.  Doubt you'll ever see randomized studies, unethical to ask a group of women to drink a lot and see if they get cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19491282?ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

• ktym
    edited June 2009

Sorry guys, my browser is annoying right now. Not sure if the link will work. Anyway it is a publication on line ahead of print from 6-2-09. I'll paste in the whole abstract

1: Alcohol Alcohol. 2009 Jun 2. [Epub ahead of print]Click here to read Links

Cancer Incidence among Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders--Long-Term Follow-Up.

Thygesen LC, Mikkelsen P, Andersen TV, Tønnesen H, Juel K, Becker U, Grønbæk M.

National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark.

AIMS: The aim of this study was to compare the cancer morbidity in a large cohort of patients with alcohol use disorders in the general Danish population. METHODS: We included 15,258 men and 3552 women free of cancer when attending the Copenhagen Outpatient Clinic for Alcoholics in the period from 1954 to 1992. The cancer incidence until 1999 of the patients and the general Danish population was obtained through linkage with the Danish Cancer Registry. The incidence rates were standardized (SIR) according to sex, age and calendar time. RESULTS: A total of 2145 men developed cancer compared to 1140.8 expected cases (SIR = 1.9; 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.8-2.0), while 601 women developed cancer compared to 239.1 expected cases (SIR = 2.5; 95% CI 2.3-2.7). Highly significant and strongly elevated incidence rates were found for cancer of the tongue, mouth, pharynx, oesophagus, liver, larynx and lung. A higher incidence rate was seen for renal cancer for both men (1.4; 1.1-1.8) and women (2.1; 1.0-3.8). The incidence of breast cancer in women was non-significantly elevated, but significantly elevated incidence rate was found for cervical cancer (1.8; 1.2-2.6). We did not observe increased incidence of colon, rectal or urinary bladder cancer. CONCLUSIONS: In conclusion, this study confirms the well-established association between high alcohol intake and cancer of the upper digestive tract and liver. In addition, the results indicate a significantly elevated occurrence of renal cancer, but not of breast cancer and colorectal cancer, in patients with alcohol use disorders.