Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Options

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,309
    edited February 2023
    Options

OOooooh you sure gotta wonder!

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    edited February 2023
    Options

I found this in a FB comment.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited February 2023
    Options

Good ones ladies

• cardplayer
    edited March 2023
    Options

• alicebastable
    edited March 2023
    Options

AWWWW. Boo hoo, Eme.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited March 2023
    Options

booo hoooooo

• bagsharon
    bagsharon Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2023
    Options

I've recently been diagnosed with mets after 7 years of remission and my tolerance for those praying for me is gone. Some good your prayers did last time.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2023
    Options

An old friend and her DH came for a visit after the first go round. And laid hands on me and prayed for it to be gone , in Jesus name!!

About a year later it did come back.

So much for their prayers. 😂

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    edited March 2023
    Options

Not sure I can explain this clearly, but as a genealogy buff, I was reading a newspaper article from 1955 about a five year old boy named “Craig" who had leukemia and how his parents took him to bathe in the grotto waters of Lourdes, France to be healed (apparently a last ditch effort after all medical treatment failed). But, sadly, he died. His parents lives continued, they raised four other children, and eventually had grandchildren and even great grandchildren before they passed away, the father in 2011 and the mother in 2020. So, after taking all that in, I came across a memorial page for Craig and someone left the following note:

I read that and thought, “wtf? God is so good???" First, a five year old goes thru the pain of leukemia and its harsh treatments, then his parents and other family members' lives are forever altered by his young death as they grieve for a life cut so short. Oh, but how about that nifty way God “healed" Craig, by taking him to heaven? Just couldn't do it here on earth, maybe the parents forgot to specify that part in their prayers? But to the person who wrote the memorial note, apparently the most wonderful conclusion to this story comes when Craig’s mom dies 65 years later and now she and her son are finally together. I mean, what kind of convoluted thinking does a person have to romanticize a story like this? I shake my head wondering how people can rationalize reality in this way.

• alicebastable
    edited March 2023
    Options

Divine, that is so sick. It's also proof that religion is a cult that completely brainwashes the members while fleecing them. It isn't an accident that words like flock and shepherd are used!

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,058
    edited March 2023
    Options

That was downright ghoulish

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited March 2023
    Options

One thing about Leukemia in kids is that they used to not treat it with chemo- it was basically a death sentence- then an oncologist said - I am going to try chemo- and doctors and hospitals vehemently said- No!, you'll kill him!- he's going to die anyway lets try chemo- he went against everyone and his patients survived - it is now standard of care. people are so nuts-

My other issue is when something goes wrong (get cancer, get a progression etc) no one blames god, when they get a good result (often due to their suffering through a scientifically discovered medicine) they say all the glory is to god. Huh???

• alicebastable
    edited March 2023
    Options

nkb, same with disasters. It drives me to rage when some smug shit who survived a tornado or hurricane blathers on about "god is good" while surrounded by the corpses that same dick of a god just murdered. If they believe they were saved by divine intervention, they damn well better admit the deaths were from the same cause.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    edited March 2023
    Options

All such valid points, ladies.

• miriandra
    edited March 2023
    Options

Tim Minchin is delightful, and so on point

Tim Minchin - Thank You God

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2023
    Options

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2023
    Options

Please may I join your elite group?

• alicebastable
    edited March 2023
    Options

Jo-jo2018, that's hilarious! Welcome aboard!

• jo-jo2018
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks alicebastable!

• jo-jo2018
    edited March 2023
    Options

• AKJ
    AKJ Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2023
    Options

Miriandra, omg, that was so funny and true

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,151
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yeah, I did not grow long legs nor stay thin either. So much for prayers; right up there with bald.

• jo-jo2018
    edited March 2023
    Options

nopink2019, that is hilarious 🤣 I dont understand the sacrifice at all! Its just like Ramadan or as I say Rumadumb

• miriandra
    edited March 2023
    Options

I always give up sacrifices for Lent. 🤣

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2023
    Options

Me too🤣🤣

• alicebastable
    edited March 2023
    Options

I give up everything I don't like for lent and don't do a damn thing I don't want to. Hmm, think I'll turn that into a permanent thing.

• jo-jo2018
    edited March 2023
    Options

I honestly don't understand how people believe/worship/pray to a so called god. If infact he was real, not a spaghetti flying sky daddy, why would he not save good people? I dont understand why people worship this kind of thing.... there are good people dying and there are monsters living.

The more life happens the more I stand true to being athiest. There are no god's!!

• jo-jo2018
    edited March 2023
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited April 2023
    Options

• jo-jo2018
    edited April 2023
    Options