Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Options

Comments

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2022
    Options

thanks for the laughs. Happy

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2022
    Options

wrenn, that is pretty funny. Nobody gets out of this life alive. I think those of us with MBC come to grips with that. I am not offended when my friends tell me they are praying for my well-being, but I find it hard to even answer when they say something that doesn't even acknowledge that I have a terminal illness. Well-being can be a lot of things, I prefer to interpret it as enjoying my life, but not lingering when there's nothing to be done.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    edited December 2022
    Options

it's time for the most heartwarming holiday tale!

https://laughingsquid.com/dear-satan-animated-short/

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,876
    edited December 2022
    Options

Alice, That was great! Thanks for posting.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,058
    edited December 2022
    Options

Ha! That was too funny! The puppy reminded me of the very confused hellhound in "Good Omens".

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Great cartoon.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,587
    edited December 2022
    Options

• alicebastable
    edited December 2022
    Options

There's more than one ass in that picture!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2022
    Options

Great posts ladies! My NY resolution is to take a course on how to upload pictures etc. I recently had success uploading a picture to Etsy ...when it worked, I had no idea how I did it. Thanks for the fun!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited December 2022
    Options

at the top of your screen, the icon that looks like mountains, click that, then follow the prompts.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2022
    Options

• alicebastable
    edited January 2023
    Options

An atheist dies and goes to hell

The devil welcomes him and says:"Let me show you around a little bit." They walk through a nice park with green trees and the devil shows him a huge palace. "This is your house now, here are your keys." The man is happy and thanks the devil. The devil says:"No need to say thank you, everyone gets a nice place to live in when they come down here!"

They continue walking through the nice park, flowers everywhere, and the devil shows the atheist a garage full of beautiful cars. "These are your cars now!" and hands the man all the car keys. Again, the atheist tries to thank the devil, but he only says "Everyone down here gets some cool cars! How would you drive around without having cars?".

They walk on and the area gets even nicer. There are birds chirping, squirrels running around, kittens everywhere. They arrive at a fountain, where the most beautiful woman the atheist has ever seen sits on a bench. She looks at him and they instantly fall in love with each other. The man couldn´t be any happier. The devil says "Everyone gets to have their soulmate down here, we don´t want anyone to be lonely!"

As they walk on, the atheist notices a high fence. He peeks to the other side and is totally shocked. There are people in pools of lava, screaming in pain, while little devils run around and stab them with their tridents. Other devils are skinning people alive, heads are spiked, and many more terrible things are happening. A stench of sulfur is in the air.

Terrified, the man stumbles backwards, and asks the devil "What is going on there?" The devil just shrugs and says: "Those are the christians, I don´t know why, but they prefer it that way"

• miriandra
    edited January 2023
    Options

Laugh Faces - ClipArt Best

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,096
    edited January 2023
    Options

Alice - that is wonderful. Hope you don't mind if I copy some other like minded people.

• alicebastable
    edited January 2023
    Options

minustwo, feel free to copy, I stole it from a joke site for atheists.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,309
    edited January 2023
    Options

Many years ago, while I was waiting at the bus stop near my place, to go downtown, I was approached by a woman and offered an ad card for Shen Yun, by a woman hanging around the stop. While the card and the program looked very interesting (I was enticed) and the show was being held at a nice theater here, I was wary simply because of the method by which I received the ad for the show. I had not infrequently been approached at that same bus stop by people who would come up to me and ask if they could share some scripture with me while I waited for the bus, etc.; so I was already primed for the idea that this could be proselytizing.

I kind of forgot about the whole thing, but would see the ads for Shen Yun over the years and always wondered if I shouldn't go, because it all looked like it would be so beautiful. Somehow I knew it was "anti-communist" Chinese, but wasn't sure about the religion thing, then I did see somewhere that they are attached to Falun Gong. Around the same time I was at the bust stop all those years ago, I had a friend from Beijing and she had told me about all the trouble the Chinese government was having with Falun Gong. She said that some of what they advocated was nice and good, but that they "went to far" and that it made them a very distasteful group to many Chinese people. I think it's a good thing I never went, but gosh it looks like a really well produced and beautiful show.

• alicebastable
    edited January 2023
    Options

threetree, I've been tempted to go see it for years, too. It looks so beautiful and colorful! I thought it might be based out of Taiwan because the show looks like it reflects the old culture. I didn't think much about it making a blatant political statement, but Falun Gong puts it over the line for me. Nutters.

• miriandra
    edited January 2023
    Options

They're based in New York, and they made the point several times that their show could not be performed in China because of the government.

The New Yorker ran an article a few years ago that called into question a lot of their "historical" claims. Like that modern ballet and gymnastics draw their development from traditional Chinese dance and acrobatics, as opposed to Shen Yun's dance style drawing from Western ballet and acrobatics. (Very little of the dancing that we saw could have been performed with bound feet, which was a common practice for women from the 1200's even up to the late 1800's.)

Stepping Into the Uncanny, Unsettling World of Shen Yun

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2023
    Options

• miriandra
    edited February 2023
    Options

• threetree
    edited February 2023
    Options

That's funny!

• alicebastable
    edited February 2023
    Options

Ooh, I love that!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2023
    Options

I have bumper sticker that reads: The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated travel. Just makes me laugh.

• threetree
    edited February 2023
    Options

Ha, ha! Makes me laugh too.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,040
    edited February 2023
    Options

• alicebastable
    edited February 2023
    Options

Mrs. M, That's so accurate AND hilarious!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,876
    edited February 2023
    Options

Divine, really good one

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2023
    Options

Good one Divinemrsm! How anyone can say that the Bible or any other text is the word of God is crazy and weird. It was written by men! BTW I don't see that they asked any ladies for their input! I will say if people lived by do as your neighbor as you would yourself this would be a better world. Unless you have crappy neighbors. I capitalized God and Bible....my catholic up bringing. Oh the guilt!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,040
    edited February 2023
    Options

kidi, I've read that some Biblical texts were written by women, but over time they were omitted, excluded and/or destroyed, as so many contributions by women to everything have been. Women's perspectives are too often suppressed, minimized or ignored. And sometimes their contributions are stolen and credited to a man.

But I agree, any Biblical texts were written by mere humans. This was the part that never, ever made sense to me from when I was a small child and learned of the dead sea scrolls. I went to Catholic school and church. It wasn't a place where a young girl (or anyone, really) was encouraged to question the beliefs being taught to her. But that nagging thought of “wait a minute, how can they say the Bible is written by God?" never went away. My thinking was logical from an early age.

• cardplayer
    edited February 2023
    Options