Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Options

Comments

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2023
    Options

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2023
    Options

spookismom & miriander LOL

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
  • elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Can I still say "amen" to cardplayer's comment? Okay - I won't use something loaded with religious weight. I'll say "right on, sister"

• miriandra
    Options

My eldest child really likes the soundtrack to the "Frankenstein" musical. (It's got some interesting pieces, but it's not one of my favorites.) One of the pieces is when they are about to hang the person who becomes the body for Frankenstein's creature. He sings about the injustice of the system that is condemning him, then ends with a plea to god and, "Amen". In context it could also be heard as, "Ah, men!"

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

I can see why your child likes the song.

If you haven't read the actual book- it is amazing-

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    edited May 2023
    Options

Some friends and I were texting about the ongoing random shootings. One of them talked about a friend who is in atheist and Afraid to go to work after shooting at her place of work yesterday. I don't try to engage or come across as an atheist, if people have beliefs different from mine that's okay. But this comment really threw me. I can't even put a context to this. Is it good that five people were killed instead of six? Is it good that the shooter was killed also? Is good even part of the discussion? I guess the Believers were even stumped, as nobody continued the conversation.

"Prayers that she sees God in this tragic incident."

• miriandra
    Options

That's just ghoulish.

• miriandra
    Options
  • miriandra
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,016
    Options

Hahahaha! Love the pdf meme!!!!

• cardplayer
    Options

🤣🤣

• rae7200
    rae7200 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I’m one also.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

Perfect Miriandra. Thanks for posting

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,867
    Options

Welcome Rae700.

Very very funny.

• divinemrsm
    Options

I’m doing better this year speaking up about not being a Christian. The last couple years I seemed to be plagued with women who were so over the top about their faith in God and how prayer helped them through every single crisis they went through, blah blah blah. These women act like they have all the answers to life, the answer being God, God and more God. I had to extricate myself from different situations because it was a main focus of their lives.

I think I mentioned that I told the garden club I was not Christian (the other eight women are). To their credit, they were accepting and not one has tried to get me to attend anything religious. Another time, at the Y, a man was talking to several of us women, and he made the comment about people in our area. He said, “It seems around here, you either believe in drugs or you believe in Jesus.” I said, “I don’t believe in either.” That surprised them all. I was asked what did I believe in and I said, “Love and compassion.”

Today at the pool, a woman I’d had several great conversations with before brought up something, I forget exactly how she said it, maybe something about how the Bible guides us, and I shook my head and let her know I did not profess to any religion and that I could have a good and wonderful life without it. Well, that knocked some wind out of her sails. I think she took for granted I was Christian. We continued talking, but it felt like she was having a hard time processing what I told her. She said, “so you don’t have a home church ?” and I said no. I mean, why would I? But I could tell it was a foreign concept to her that I, this nice middle aged woman from the pool, was not bubbling over with joy for the Lord like she was.

Please forgive me, but I am starting to like putting a pin in the balloon of these self important Christians who think their belief is the only way.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,129
    Options

Go get'em Divine. I am right behind you. LOL

• ralphie113
    ralphie113 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Agnostic here. Don’t know and will find out later - hopefully much later! It’s been liberating for me to not have a strong belief one way or another. I do have strong feelings about religion being in the schools, govt. and laws ( specifically abortion and LGBTQ laws: not happy at all to have Christians deciding on fundamental rights for people.)

2011- H+, Her2 - lumpectomy, chemo, radiation Tamoxifen AI for 8 yrs

2019 recurrence Rt. breast, DCIS Left breast. Dbl mastectomy, no reconstruction, chemo.
    2020 recurrence rt. Breast - additional Rt mastectomy, Rt total lymph node dissection, w/bypass, radiation - no distant Mets.

Now on Letrozole and Kisqali

• miriandra
    Options

Some of y'all may know that I was fired from my job at a massage therapy studio for organizing a union. In January the NLRB found that my termination was unlawful, and they told my boss to reinstate me with backpay. He has yet to do so.

If you want a laugh about "good Christians", here's the same guy who fired me talking about giving 10% to god. Quote: "People say, 'Are you paying your way into heaven?' I say, 'Absolutely!'"

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

EWE! he is awful. so slimy and weird.

I am glad for your judgement and I hope you get something out of it. is there recourse if he doesn't re-instate you with backpay?

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 188
    Options

@miriandra ewwwww!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,129
    Options

I hope all you leave him with is his tithe. He's the poster child for sleazy Christian.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2023
    Options

miriandra, since it’s a YouTube video, are comments allowed? I wonder if anyone would out his un-Christian behavior that way, by commenting on how he’s treated his employees? At any rate, his pious words on the video are empty and hollow and the sad part is, he probably believes he’s so friggin godly. Puuuuukkkke!!!!!

• miriandra
    Options

We are in the "settlement phase" of the complaint. He has time to either reinstate us with backpay, or come up with a better incentive to make us go away. We have a hearing date before a labor judge set for mid-September. If we haven't come to a settlement on our own by then, we have to accept whatever the judge says.

Since we are in contract negotiations for the union, he is also under many other legal obligations by NLRB rules. He cannot withhold repairs or supplies to the workplace, he cannot declare bankruptcy or close the workplace, he cannot fire more union members for being union members - all these are considered retaliation against the union. Not that this has stopped him. He has allowed the studio to slide into disrepair. We used to have a team of over twenty therapists. We are now down to 2, and one is leaving at the end of the month. Instead of hiring new therapists, his manager has literally been referring clients to go to other studios.

Every time he breaks an NLRB rule, we file another report against him. I think the worst they can do is the federal gov can fine him for each infraction, but I don't think they can threaten jail or anything like that. On the plus side, the purpose of LLCs is to compartmentalize businesses, so the the downfall of one store won't bring down the others. But due to his management decisions - the manager over our studio also manages other studios he owns, moving inventory from our studio to other studios - he's diluted his LLCs. Which means, the government will be able to recoup penalties from his other studios and businesses that he hasn't been actively undermining. 🤣

• miriandra
    Options

YouTube is open season. The only downside would be the church might take the video down if it got too much negative attention. And he's so proud of being such a privileged slime!

• minustwo
    Options

Interesting statistic from the Harper' Index:

Percentage of U.S. Adults who identify as Christian: 65%

Percentage of members of Congress who identify as Christian: 90%

• miriandra
    edited July 2023
    Options

Congress is not demographically representative of the nation in the least.

………………… Population % …… Congress %

Women - ………. 51% …………………. 29%

Minorities - …… 41% …………………. 25%

LGBTQ+ - ……… 6.5% …………………. 2%

Non-Boomers - 79% …………………. 52%

• minustwo
    Options

Great breakdown Miriandra. Certainly indicative of LOTS of the problems.

• miriandra
    Options
  • cardplayer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Just catching up. Dan Demolli and tithing video is disgusting. Miriranda- All the fired workers deserve a large financial settlement from this hypocrite.

Bye bye My Pillow Guy.