Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,580

it is usually sunny here

the next person is craving something sweet

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,173

Yep. Hubby's got a pie in the oven, and it smells sooooo gooooooodd.

The next person would rather graze on snacks than eat large meals.

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502

That's often true.

The next person has a chocolate and snacks drawer.

• oceanbum
    oceanbum Member Posts: 3,644

I have snacks and sometimes chocolate in my pantry at home. At work we have a chocolate and snacks drawer, though. And unfortunately it is right next to me. Lol

The next person is trying their best to eat right during this pandemic and spending more time at home.

• aussie-cat

I am in the process of moving house (it looks like it will be on Tuesday) so I'm spending way less time at home than I'd like. We are trying to use up things from our fridges and freezers.

The next person is organised when they move house.

• oceanbum

I haven't moved in 22 years and before that it was 11 years. But I feel like I was more organized with my second move than I was the first time around.

The next person doesn't move often.

• aussie-cat

I have moved approximately every few years my whole adult life but I hope I won't have to move again for ages!

The next person has been sorting out their house.

• ceanna
    ceanna Member Posts: 3,120

No, but I should!

The next person made a sweet treat recently! (Brownies for me!)

• aussie-cat

No, but I want to when I have a chance.

The next person has a lot of recipe books.

• oceanbum

Yes, I do. I have 3 Betty Crocker cookbooks among many others. Two of those are my sentimental cookbooks. One was my mother's, one was my grandmother's and the other one was a wedding gift. I also have a very old one that was my grandmother's. It has measurements such as a smidge of this and a pinch of that. I love that one! Though I don't use it. I have all of my paternal grandmother's and my mother's handwritten recipes and their cookbooks. The handwritten recipes I cherish. I have my Mom's apple pie recipe framed in a shadow box with one of her pot holders, one of her wooden spoons and teaspoon sets, and a picture of her. For the background I chose a red and white gingham pattern. That was the pattern of the kitchen curtains we had when I was a child. I love that shadow box. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

The next person has recipes handed down from generation to generation.

• aussie-cat

Thanks for telling us all that, Ocean. I have a few recipes from my Mum but not anything else.

The next person likes to make desserts.

• ruthbru

I like to make them if I am taking them somewhere.

The next person has zero willpower when it comes to having sweets around the house.

• ceanna

Unfortunately true!!

The next person, fortunately, has had very little junk food in the house during the stay-at-home orders!

• miriandra

True! We've been very good about not buying junk. Can't say that about ice cream, though. You need one indulgence.

The next person has been maintaining their exercise routine during the lockdown.

• ruthbru

True. I have been walking a lot & my fitness center is doing classes on Zoom.

The next person is wearing a mask when she has to go out in public.

• aussie-cat

No, we don't have any masks. I would consider it if I could find some though,

The next person has been using hand sanitiser when they go out.

• ceanna

I haven't been out in public for 3 weeks but plan to use mask and gloves and hand sanitizer when I do finally go for some groceries!

The next person is enjoying the new thread "Remember When" on BCO. Okay, a shameless plug for a thread I started a couple of days ago where lots of people are sharing memories of things, people, events, they remember from "the good old days." Come join us at Remember When!!

• aussie-cat

Ceanna, I plan to check out your thread in a minute. It's a good idea to plug it here.

The next person loves to reminisce.

• ruthbru

true

The next person saw the big full moon last night.

• aussie-cat

False.

The next person likes to watch medical TV shows.

• oceanbum

Some, but I prefer crime/law dramas over medical shows.

The next person had to cancel plans for Easter.

• ceanna

Not cancel plans cause nothing got planned, but going to miss being with family!!

The next person is discovering things in their pantry during the stay home time they didn't know they had!!

• aussie-cat

That's true - we just moved house.

The next person has been cooking interesting things.

• ruthbru

if interesting means throwing stuff you have on hand together.....true

the next person did buy some Easter candy

• ceanna

Nope, haven't been to the grocery store since this all started.

The next person has cravings that can't be fixed by things left in their cupboards--I'm now eyeballing a can of chocolate fudge frosting to get my chocolate fix because I don't have the ingredients to make any sweet to put the frosting on!!! LOL!!!

• ruthbru

Fudge frosting sounds good! I tried a recipe called Quarantine Cookies with only 3 ingredients; peanutbutter, sugar and an egg. They weren't that good but I was desperate!

The next person spent some time outside today.

• aussie-cat

Only walking to and from the car.

The next person watched some TV today.

• ceanna

TV is kind of always on but did I watch it today? Mmmmm.....

Ruthbru, I can relate to the 3 ingredient recipe. I tried making brownies without eggs and subbed almond butter--satisfied my craving for sweet treat, but texture was more like floury fudge than brownie--but tasted okay!!

The next person made a real meal today instead of mining the refrigerator and cupboards--mine was a long roasting beef roast and mixed veggies!! I hope it is as good as it smells cooking!

• miriandra

I actually did! And I'm not the cook of the family - DH is. (Lucky me!!) I made stuffed pasta shells. A very simple recipe with ground beef, pasta sauce, cheese, and large shell noodles. DH rolls his eyes like it's beneath him, but the kids love them. Plus, they reheat very easily for leftovers.

The next person does chores stereotypically handled by their spouse. (e.g. My hubby cooks, but I fix the plumbing.)

• aussie-cat

I'm not sure - I pay the bills and do all the paperwork.

The next person is good at paperwork.