Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• Tanzie
    Tanzie Member Posts: 115
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hey ya'll,

Horselover,  I am so sorry to hear that tx is giving you such a hard time!   I'm praying that things will get easier for you as they go along.  One treatment down and 3 more A/C to go!

Emily, 2z54, kmg1015,  and jacquelyn heads up chickies!  I know you girls said that you weren't feeling great either.  Headaches are the worst.  I get migraines, so I can empathize a bit. :/  Hope things are better now for you.  As for the breakouts.  I feel for you girl.  Oy,  I never even bothered to try and take care of my skin up until a year or two ago.  (I'm 37, soon to be 38) Now I'm playing catch-up and trying to undo sun damage.  Dryness I've considered as an SE, haven't even thought about breakouts. Undecided

SingaporeChris and yuyu - A great big whoohoo to the fact that you guys are doing so well!  I hope that continues to be the case!

MissWinkster,  Butt Paste is tops on my list. lol  I'm going either today or Mon to get my 'supplies'.  

Take care of yourselves,

Tanz

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited September 2008
    Options

Tanzie,

It's so funny that you called me Miss Winkster!  Sorry, this is a long story, but it's an amazing story.  I was adopted and grew up in Florida.  Moved to North Idaho when I was 35; lived there for 10 years, moved back to Florida (ailing mother), remembered why I left FL in the first place; moved to the mountains of NC almost three years ago (closest thing I could find to the mountains of N Idaho).  Last Jan, I got a bug in my butt (good thing I didn't know about Butt Paste then haha) and decided to search for my birthmother.  Long story made less long, I found my entire birthfamily!  AND they live (and have for generations) 70 miles from my house to their house!  My mother and father eloped a year after I was born (they were only 15 & 16), a year later my first brother was born; two more years and my second brother was born.  Our reunion happened at the end of April 2008.  We all fell in love with each other and I can't even begin to tell you how my life has changed.  July 2008 I'm diagnosed with BC (never had a family medical history before; come to find out that there's no family history of BC); I don't know what I would have done without my new family (my adopted mother passed away 3 years ago and my adopted father is almost 90 and still lives in Florida); they have been incredible.  When I had my surgery, my Mother, Father, Brother, and two nieces came over and stayed with me and my husband all day; my Father came over to stay with me the day after I was released, the following weekend, my parents came to our house and stayed the weekend.  They brought enough food to feed an army and my brother cooked and froze two weeks worth of my favorite dishes (my sister-in-law e-mailed my daughters to find out what I liked).  I have been so very blessed!  The funny thing is that my parents last name is Winkler - so I refer to myself as The Missing Wink!  I truly believe that God has a plan (and a sense of humor).Wink

• priz47
    priz47 Member Posts: 161
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hey all! Finally backonline. I had complications with port placement on 8/28, ended up with a collapsed lung when they put tthe port in. Surgeon told me "less than 1% chance" and it happened to me. I was in the hospital with 2 chest tubes till yesterday! Now I probably have an infection since I have a fever of 101 and am exhausted. needless tosay, I was unable to start chemo and have a new date of Sept 17th. It has been a LONG week for me, no cell phone, no laptop I have alot to catch up on.Hope all went well with everyone else.

D

• 2z54
    2z54 Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi again!  I thought this was a good time to give Horselover some more hugs and support. Sorry you're having a tougher time than most of us. I'm sure it will get better, and eventually.... be over! 

Wink, that was a great story about finding your birth parents/family! Like you, I too will be working through this. So, KMG.... there's probably more of us than we think who still have to make mortgage and insurance payments thru chemo.  Fortunately for me, my employer is letting me work from home during chemo.  With weekends and evening hours it should be easy for me to find 40 hours in which to do my regular work schedule comfortably.  It would certainly be more difficult if I had to work a regular shift, etc. and I have utmost respect for any of us who do that. I would think it's doable, but not without it's moments!  In fact... it's gettting difficult for me to distinguish between nausea and chemo brain, lately.

But still, 1 down and 7 more treatments to go!

• yuyueno
    yuyueno Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi, KMG.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  Hopefully your pain will go away anytime soon.

I do plan to work on chemo.  I live alone and can't afford not to.  I hope things continue to be easy so that I can work (full time) :)

Yuyu

• Tanzie
    edited September 2008
    Options

MzWinkster, that is such an awesome story!   Talk about a shower of blessing!  Were you an only child before you found your birth family?  Isn't it wonderful how God works things out?   

priz,  a collapsed lung?!   That's awful, girl.  Please watch that fever and take it easy!  Infection, as I'm sure you know, is nothing to play with.  I know its frustrating to have to postpone.  Just think of it as time to recharge, so you'll be able to go into the Frey with both barrels blasting.  I'll change your tx date the next time I update our list.

A question to those of ya'll that are looking at impending hair loss. Surprised   I'm curious to know what sort of headgear ya'll have ordered?   Is a 'night cap' really necessary?   I ordered two hats,  one 'hair halo' that looked like a yorkie terrier out of the box *lol*,  a chemo cap and two scarves.   I tried to tie the scarves on my head but my efforts were awful!   

Take care of yourselves girls,

Tanz

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited September 2008
    Options

Priz - I had my port put in yesterday. A lot more pain than I expected. I didn't know you could get a collapsed lung from that. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Tanz - what is a chemo cap?

Juli

• yuyueno
    edited September 2008
    Options

Tanzie,

I have two wigs ready to go already!  One is more expensive one that I plan to wear everyday to work.  The other one is for a weekend look.  I have a few hats/caps, and I just bought a night cap and chemo cap (turban, correct?).  Oh, and I also bought a scarf.  I bought them from local wig shops and tlc (american cancer society website). 

My mom is now sending me a "halo" wig (a really funny looking thing, but I think it will come pretty handy) and a bunch of hats!  I am more than ready, I think!  I am just curious when I will be starting to have a lot of hair fall out....  I just don't want to be too shocked when that happens...

My day 2 of 1st chemo went okay.  Woke up with nausea but it went away as soon as I took med.  I got a cramping and diarhea after eating dinner but it calmed down after immodium.  Just a little tired but no way I call it being sick.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be easy, too.

How is everyone doing?

Yuyu

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited September 2008
    Options

The missing wink, what a fantastic story, I am so glad you have love and support around you when you need it most!

Jacquelyn32, my first round of chemo I had some sports appear on my chest and was quite worried as I have never had any there before, but they soon went away and never came back for the next chemo sessions, hope this is the case for you too.

Yuyu good luck with working full time, I hope you have some suppport around you if you live alone.  We are here for you if you feel lonely.

Priz47 sorry to hear about the port and collapsed lung, sounds awful. At least the thing is in and will be there when you need it now, take care.

2z54 good luck fitting your hours in, like you say at least you can work when you feel like it.

Tanzie, I have been onto "Headcovers.com" and ordered lots of things, great hats, I did also use a bed cap when my hair was falling out as it gets everywhere and was very annoying and itchy.  I mostly wear a little white hat and put matching scarves around it to go with whatever I am wearing. I wear my wig if I go out for dinner at night or for work or going into school. It was soooo much more comfortable after I ordered a little cotton cap to go inside my wig.  A must!

Horselover, hope you are feeling better!

Sam and Lili46 good luck for tomorrow, I am sure it will be fine, you can do it girls!

Singapore Chris

• Seven11
    Seven11 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi all,

I am starting TCH this Thursday, 9/11.  It's neoadjuvant to shrink the tumor then will have a lumpectomy.  I have already had 6 nodes removed and 1 was positive (and to put the port in).  I will have 6 treatments, 3 weeks apart.  

The unknown has been the worst part from the beginning, so I am looking forward to getting the first treatment behind me. 

• Lili46
    Lili46 Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2008
    Options

Singapore Chris, Yuyu, Sue and Emily...glad you are all doing well.

Horselover and Priz...hope it gets easier. Hang in there.

I start tomorrow and the anxiety is starting to grow. However, like most of you, I want to get the ball rolling and put this behind me. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Emily2008
    Emily2008 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2008
    Options

Okay, day 4 and have had headache and jaw pain, like with a sinus infection.  My mouth tastes funny and I'm tired.  I took 2 naps yesterday, and between the naps, I rested, LOL!

Stomach is so-so, not queasy, just crampy like Yuyu mentioned.

I can't think too much about the next several months of this txt, I gotta take it one day at a time or I get too depressed!  

Lili, I pray all goes well with you...let us know!

• 2z54
    edited September 2008
    Options

OK....I'm on day 4.5.  It's a gorgeous day at the NJ shore after a wonderfully stormy Saturday that gave me the final excuse to lay in bed all day. Now I've decided to get off my butt and get stuff done.  I just wrote a letter to the IRS about a retirement account mistake I made 2 years ago, and pleaded with them to resolved it ASAP (I've been waiting for their response since May '08)  as I don't really have room for the additional stress - or payments- right now.  

Today is the first morning I don't have the pre-prescribed anti nausea med (generic Kytril tab) to take, but I feel fine.  Hope this keeps up. Will probably take some Compasine or Ativan before I venture out on my long walk to the pier village and perhaps a hot cup of coffee or juice drink.  It will feel good to get my limbs moving again (although I was never all that active to begin with ).  I've decided that exercise will become much more of my daily routine in the future, as I'm determined to get through this and at least make it past the 12 years I need to collect any social security checks!   I certainly want to spend a few years of life kicking back a little and can see now that I will need to stay in shape to make that happen!!

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited September 2008
    Options

I got a wig at ACS that was the youngest looking one there (no hint of blue), plan on returning it.  Ordered another wig from Headcovers.com; got it yesterday - it's going back tomorrow.  The color swatch was supposed to be strawberry blonde (looked like my hair), but when I got it, it also had bright red highlights and dark, dark roots as if someone had not had a touch-up for months!  I did try it on and I looked like an anemic Tina Turner from Mad Max (minus her killer legs and bod).  I will call them on Monday and ask for help because apparently I'm not able to do this on my own.  I have a hat, several scarves, and some polartec ski hats (nice and warm).  I will probably order a halo (to wear under a surgical cap), hope I can find it in Golden Retriever instead of Yorkie!

priz47 - what an awful experience!  I get my port installed tomorrow Frown, kind of nervous after hearing that it's not the "piece of cake" my surgeon made it out to be!

Tanz, I grew up with two brothers in my adopted family; they both live in Florida.

2z54, I sure wish that I could work from home - but I kind of feel like the hospital is my home.

Lili, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow; please let us know.  I understand your anxiety.  Even after reading all of the posts I realize that everyone reacts in different ways.  It sure would be nice to know exactly what is going to happen; makes it hard to plan your life around such uncertainty.

KLFH; I'll be thinking about you on the 11th, that will be my first treatment too!

Yuyu, do you have to work on Monday - have you worked since you got your first tx?  I'm actually scheduled to work the evening of my 1st tx, but think that I might have my standby work it for me until I have a better idea of how I'm going to tolerate chemo.

Emily, rest, drink, pee, repeat....try a little food in there if you can; this is what I plan to do if needed.  And you are right - today is the day that counts.

Chris, do you feel like you're missing out on the hurricanes over in Singapore?  Didn't you have an evening out the other day?  How did that go?

Love & Hugs to you all, Girlfriends!

• 2z54
    edited September 2008
    Options

Wink and YuYu.... From my own experience last week; I came home from my first chemo feeling great. But, as time wore on - maybe 4 or 5 hours from the pre meds they gave me before the real chemo, I got a huge headache and some nausea while sitting at my computer.  Ibuprofen and ativan helped, of course. But, for me, I think I learned that the day of chemo will be a short/slow day - minimal work if I can help it.  And I would plan it that way if I had to.  The other days were up and down, but mostly doable. So I would have to say that a few hours after chemo is when I stopped working and will in the future not bother to try to.   We're probably all diffferent, but that was my take on it and I was on Adriamycin and Cytowhater??? (can never remember the name of those ACs).

Good luck!

sue

• priz47
    priz47 Member Posts: 161
    edited September 2008
    Options

TheMissingWink-Don't be scared of the port! It is great to use, especially if you have bad veins. I was stuck so many times while in the hospital, all bcs my admitting MD was a pulmonologist and my surgeon had no say so in my case. The nurses all refused to cal to ask if they could access the port. I finally stopped letting them draw blood etc. Only was bad the last day, as they ended up taking both chest tubes out and i had no IV access for morphine.

I know bad things happen and I do no blame anyone. It is just my luck (all BAD at the moment!) I plan on getting on with life and moving forward. i do feel very exhausted and need to get my strentgh back. I want to feel good before chemo starts.

I also went to Headcovers.com I got one "bed cap" but it fits well and is comfortable, so I plan on wearing it around the house. I have 2 other "turbans" and one silk scarf. I need to learn to tie it!!! I do not plan on using  wig. I might change my mind, but for now, no wig! I do not feel it is worth the money for me.

Hope all are recovering well and you are in my prayers.

D

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hope all the ladies who already had chemo are feeling better today. Priz, hope you are on the up and up. Horselover, you feeling better this evening?

Woorus, Lili, cjh,Tanzie,klfh, Missingwink, and the prettiestmess (hope I am not missing anyone) I will be thinking of you this week as you undergo your first chemo. Tanzie, I hope the port insertion goes well for you.....alot for you to go through in one day.

Missingwink, what is a halo cap???? I decided to chuck the wig idea. I was laughing at your Tina Turner comment! I have red curly (SUPER DUPER curly)  long hair and no one seems to have wigs that even resemble my own (Ok, I guess I do not wish this hair upon anyone!) so I decided to stick with the caps/scarves. Did anyone order the paperboy hat from headcovers.com?  Maybe I should go blonde and straight, no one will recognize me and will have the hair I always wanted, lol. I have no idea how to tie a scarf either, any suggestions anyone? Does it come with instructions?

Hope everyone has a great week, thoughts and prayers are out to you all. ((((((Hugs))))))) K

• Lili46
    Lili46 Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi all...

I ordered a wig from paulayoung.com. My hairdresser said that their human hair wigs look great and the price is reasonable. Well, I had shoulder length hair so I ordered a wig that length in what I thought was my color. Wrong, the color was blah so I sent that back, cut my hair short and ordered a short hair wig in a different color. I have a feeling that it too will be going back and that I will stick with the hats and scarves like many of you. Headcovers.com has a great selection.

Woorus...it's you and me tomorrow. Good luck!!

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi girls, glad to hear most of you are doing well, hope Woorus and Lili46 had a smooth ride today. Good Luck to Tanzie and cjh for tomorrow.  It is true that when you know what you are dealing with you feel better.  I am on day 5 of my new chemo drugs and I am doing really well.  Not so tired and have managed to go to three functions since Friday. I have only been out at night in the last 5 months a couple of times, but now feel pretty good,  Enjoyed the museum trip and dinner Friday evening in really nice restaurant. Rested most of Saturday in order to go out to a friends surprise birthday dinner and enjoyed that too.  I looked pretty good even if I say so myself.  I put on my wig, drew on some pretty cool eyebrows, wore my sequined top and a matching skirt and didn't look even a little bit sick!  Of course I didn't have any alcohol, so was a bit more sensible than everyone else. Also went out for lunch on Sunday with friends and had a nice time, the only down side is that I feel a little sick ALL THE TIME! but when distracted I can handle it.  Will try some new meds tomorrow.  I have part 2 of my first round of chemo Thursday, so then I can say one down 3 to go.  In case anyone is wondering this is my second time on chemo, finished the first lot 6 weeks ago and needed more.  So any quesitons about hair loss, I have been there. My my hair everywhere is starting to grow back again, only to fall out again soon :( at least I know it will grow back. 

Take care girls, we can win this battle with or without hair!  Chris

• Tanzie
    edited September 2008
    Options

Changing Priz's tx date!

Sept ChemoGals!

Sept 01 -   FloridaMom     TAC (Port placed Aug. 29)

Sept 02 -   Jacuelyn32    TC or TAC

Sept 02 -   kmg1015    TC x6

Sept 03 -   2z54    (Port and SNB Aug. 28)

Sept 03 -   horselover     A/C x4 every two weeks  T x4 every two weeks  (Port placed Aug. 29)

Sept 04 -   SingaporeChris    FAC

Sept 04 -   Emily2008    A/C x4

Sept 05 -   yuyueno    TC x6 every three weeks (Port placed Sept. 29)

Sept 05 -   BrandonMom   

Sept 08 -   woorus     6 tx every three weeks

Sept 08 -   Lili46    TC x4

Sept 09 -   Tanzie    A/C x4 two weeks between (Picc Line inserted same day)

Sept 09 -   cjh   

Sept 09 -   HeatherL      FEC x3 / TC x3 

Sept 10 -   theprettiestmess     FAC & T

Sept 11 -   TheMissingWink      (Port placed 9/08)

Sept 15 -   Sue508    TC x4 three weeks between

Sept 17 -   Priz47     A/C (Port placed 8 / 28)

Sept ?? -   Curlieqz

Sept ?? -   bettysgirl    FEC+T

Sept ?? -   Juli50    (Port placed 9/05)

Sept ?? -   HopefulLady 

You girls please let me know if I need to add, or if I've forgotten anything!

• Tanzie
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hey girls,

I took yesterday off from the computer.  I spent the day at church and with family.  We hung out and made homemade strawberry icecream.   My fav is homemade chocolate, but the strawberry was nothing to throw a shoe at. ;)

Juli, I hope your port site is healing and feeling better.   And a chemo cap is somewhat like a beanie / turban hybrid.

yuyu - today was your first day back at work,  yes?  How'd it go?

klfh -  Oooops!  I just caught ya.  I'll add you right after this post!

lili - You won't  be starting alone!  I'll be starting with you, and so will woorus.   I'm anxious too, but I find myself worrying more about the piccline stuff than the tx.   I guess because I'm not scared of vomiting, and I've been sick for much less important reasons.   (That's what I keep telling myself, anyway!)  I also keep reminding myself to --  "Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.."  Gotta love Dorie.

Winkster - You got your port yesterday?  How are you?

Your experience is exactly why I haven't ordered a wig online!  Though I'm getting desperate enough to do it.   We have only one place here that does wigs.   And I was told that it could be up to 4 weeks on top of the time I'd have to wait to get a 'consult' appointment.   4 weeks?!    I'll be nearly halfway done.   Guess I shouldn't have waited so long.   But then I didn't know I was going to have to do chemo until a few weeks ago. 

Mind telling us which wig was the Tina Turner monstrosity? lol   So, I'll know to ver away from it.

One interesting thing I read about wigs is this.  That they come with like 20% more hair than necessary.   So it helps to take it to your stylist and haven them thinned and styled a bit to make them look more natural.

Priz - I'm ordering myself a bed cap after reading Chris's advice!  I've been having trouble sleeping like it is, and certainly don't need a itchy/prickly head making things worse!  Oh! And a halo cap is what I like to call 'hat hair'.  Laughing  Basically a headband with bangs, sides and hair in the back.  So it looks like you have hair under your cap, without fooling with a whole wig.

2z54 - I'll be starting A / C tomorrow.    I'm sorry things haven't been great,  but it's such a relief to me to know that at least the se's are bearable.   I know everybody is different in the way they react.  Still, I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best!

Curliqus - I am so hatin' on your curly red hair!   I have very fine, stick straight blonde hair, and I'd trade with you in a second!   Funny how we always want something other than what we have. Tongue out

I guess if I did get a wig, I could go red...

Chris - It's heartening to hear that you're up and at'em!  I hope that you continue to have the energy and feel well enough to go out and enjoy life.   I think getting out some is a key factor.  I know after my surg., when I was trapped at home and fairly isolated, it just made things worse.

Take care of yourselves,

Tanz

Everyone else!

• Tanzie
    edited September 2008
    Options

Changing Priz's tx date!  (And adding klfh!) 

Sept ChemoGals!

Sept 01 -   FloridaMom     TAC (Port placed Aug. 29)

Sept 02 -   Jacuelyn32    TC or TAC

Sept 02 -   kmg1015    TC x6

Sept 03 -   2z54    (Port and SNB Aug. 28)

Sept 03 -   horselover     A/C x4 every two weeks  T x4 every two weeks  (Port placed Aug. 29)

Sept 04 -   SingaporeChris    FAC

Sept 04 -   Emily2008    A/C x4

Sept 05 -   yuyueno    TC x6 every three weeks (Port placed Sept. 29)

Sept 05 -   BrandonMom   

Sept 08 -   woorus     6 tx every three weeks

Sept 08 -   Lili46    TC x4

Sept 09 -   Tanzie    A/C x4 two weeks between (Picc Line inserted same day)

Sept 09 -   cjh   

Sept 09 -   HeatherL      FEC x3 / TC x3

Sept 11 -   klfh        tx x6  three weeks apart 

Sept 10 -   theprettiestmess     FAC & T

Sept 11 -   TheMissingWink      (Port placed 9/08)

Sept 15 -   Sue508    TC x4 three weeks between

Sept 17 -   Priz47     A/C (Port placed 8 / 28)

Sept ?? -   Curlieqs

Sept ?? -   bettysgirl    FEC+T

Sept ?? -   Juli50    (Port placed 9/05)

Sept ?? -   HopefulLady 

You girls please let me know if I need to add, or if I've forgotten anything!

• HeatherL
    HeatherL Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2008
    Options

Tanzie and cjh;  we are starting this journey together tomorrow.  Little nervous now as it has become a reality.  We will do this!  Have all my chemo shopping list ready and hope for the best.  Good luck to everyone.

Heather

• woorus
    woorus Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi everyone

Lilie46 - hope chemo went well for you today.

Tanzie, cjh and HeatherL - all the very best for tomorrow.

Theprettiestmess, TheMissingWink and klfh - all the best in advance. i forsee being woozy and unable to log on to wish you well later in the week.

had my first chemo today. the doctor had a hard time inserting the line/catheter on the left. that hurt. he said my vein was abnormal. which meant he had to try the right side. and the anaesthesia caused me to loss control and tears just fell. but it was not because of the procedure or the pain (there was hardly any pain then). i cried because i thought about my 3 kids. and dear hubby. they give me strength.

the nurses were extremely kind. and they hooked me up with an easypump which i have to carry for 72 hours. so far so good. but i have been warned that things could turn "ugly". and i say "BRING IT ON!!!"

We can do this ladies!!!

Sam

• tammyintexas
    tammyintexas Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi everyone,

My name is Tammy and I have breast cancer.  saying it never gets easy. 

I will start my dose dense chemo on the 22nd of sept.  I have the port in, and have had my ups and downs, i feel strong one minute and then bammmm im crying the next.  I am 39 and this has just blown me away.  I have been lurking for awhile, just trying to get a grasp on the whole situation and i finally decided I would like to join your group.  I will have chemo every 2 weeks followed by a wbc shot.  then 40 radiation treatments.  I go wednesday for my bone scan, ecg, and cat scan then friday to get the results.  i am terrified, everytime i see the doctor it seems that i get more news that i just dont like.  I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hello all.  My AC chemo went well on Friday!  I kept remembering my son who really sailed through chemo.  I brought 2 liters of water with me, and drank both of them while I got chemo, so please remember to drink a lot!  I had a slight headache on Sat AM, but it went away with some tylenol.  Sunday I was tired, and today I feel tired too, but I'm back at work.  I don't necessarily feel more awake after I take a nap, so I just keep going.

So I will have AC every other week for 4 treatments.  That leaves 3 more.  Then I will have Taxol for 4 treatments every other week.  Not sure beyond that.  I know they are holding surgery until the tumor shrinks a little.

Maybe it was my imagination, but where my tumor is definitely burned when the chemo was all in!

• lyn1117
    lyn1117 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2008
    Options

Dear all,

Please add me to the list.... I start chemo tomorrow.  Your posts and the numbers enduring this at the same time has given me strength.    My chemo starts 9-9 with initially 4 treatments 3 weeks apart, then 12 more weeks given weekly along with Herceptin.  I do have a port.. and it itches.  I will be getting Episubicin- Cytoxan and fluorouracil (5FU) for the first cocktail.  

Good luck to all and here´s to queasy stomachs and the resolve to just GET THIS OVER WITH!!!

Lyn 

• curlieqs
    curlieqs Member Posts: 806
    edited September 2008
    Options

Lyn and Heather, my thoughts and the best of vibes with you tomorrow! (I missed your names on my previous posting, I am sorry)

Tanzie, thanks for the clarification on the halo cap. You are so right on how we always want something different than what we have. Homemade icecream, oh, I am salivating!

Woorus, sorry they had a hard time with your insertion, but glad you are keeping the spirits up! So glad you have an excellent support system. BrandonMom, thanks for advice on the water. I hardly ever drink it (shame on me) but will be sure to bring some. It is hard to change something you have been doing for years..........baby steps.

Tammy, welcome. You have come to the right place. Everyone here is so supportive which is so imperative while going through this ugly process. Lean on those who support you and stay positive. We are all here for ya girl!

Good day to all. My prayers are with everyone Smile

K

• floridaeyes
    floridaeyes Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options

Ok team September 2008!!! Here I am ready to rock n roll. Hair loss, easier to get ready for work in the morning, metalic taste, gotta lose about 20-30 lbs anyway. Echo tomorrow, PET Monday the 15 with Chemo most likely starting then.I have pledged that I will make lemonades out of lemons, just not sure if I will like lemonade in a few weeks. Hang in there gals. I am trying to work through all of this and would love to keep in touch, but here we are and we will all be GREAT!!!! 4 3/4 years ago after my lympectomy in stage 1 I thought I would never be back here, but here goes and Radiation was a breeze, this will be too. I appreciate all of the advice.

Debbie 

• yuyueno
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi, Everyone.

Not doing too well, but not so bad either.  First day at work, I feel really tired...  Couple more hours to go, can't wait to go home and just sleep. 

I had fever, body aches, and general tiredness on Day 3.  Today is Day 4, it is getting better, no more fever.  Just tiredness, nausea, and GI issues.  I think yesterday (Day 3) got me mentally, I felt really lonely.  I was realizing that I have cancer all over again.  I just could not believe I am going through chemo.  Things got rolling so fast, and now I am realizing I am really going through this.  This is my battle.

Hope everyone is doing well, and good luck to those who are starting this week!

Yuyu