Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited October 2008
    Options

Deb can't wait to see all the pictures out your window.

Very nice boots, wonder if I can walk on concrete for 16 hours in them so my feet don't hurt so.

Everyone have a great night on the mountain.

P9280467.jpg

got us a fire going,

Marshmellowfire.jpg Toasted Marshmallow image by cactusbloom07

and some marshmallows to roast.

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sail-Boat.jpg little girl with sail boat image by islandbabe97
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited October 2008
    Options

wolf.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Sounds of the night animals.  A charming way to wake up don't ya think?  A wolf howling at the moon right before the sun comes up.  Such a beautiful animal and wonderful sound.  Another magnificent animal from the mountains.  Strange thing is I have heard my dog Mister howl the same way!  Usually when he hears a siren! 

Coffee is brewing and the aroma is penetrating the mountain tops.  Threw a log on the fire, so chilly this morning - the dew sitting on the trees and ground is almost frost!  Just put some bacon in a pan and plan on some special eggs to order.  Egg white omelets included. 

Time to wake up - what mountain adventures shall we take today?  Sore feet...one of the low down blues of a caring nurse. 

Nicki 

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited October 2008
    Options

Oh good morning Nicki...am I too late for an omelet and coffee??

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Here is a neat place in the mountains of Spain...

Granada...

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

spanish-dancer-1.jpg SPAIN 2008 image by rxnrxn

SoCal:  Ahhh Spain, what a good visual that is.  Love the mountains, love the music, and love the dancing.

• livesstrong
    livesstrong Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2008
    Options

I don't know about you ladies - but I am staying close to home - just taking a stroll -

Photobucket

Valerie

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

Valerie: Oh boy, Mister is loving the looks of that trail.

Found this old video.  Sure fits here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZiL1PMF3xA

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

Valerie, that pictures is awsome, such beautiful fall colors.

meadows_and_mountains.jpg Boulder Spring image by lv2bjpn

• BMD
    BMD Member Posts: 215
    edited October 2008
    Options

Valerie-That is probably what the road to Pinkstock is looking like these days.

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2008
    Options

I agree BMD.  I can almost picture it.

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2008
    Options
  • LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi everyone...again beautiful photos! 

I miss listening to the creeks...such a tranquil sound....

http://www.desktopscenes.com/Scenes%20from%20Glacier%20National%20Park%20(2004)/Avalanche%20Creek%20Cascade.jpg

Gotta catch some powder....

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg189/marnold77/funny-cat-ski.jpg

then its Mount Everest .....

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/artsAndMusic/LSE_Perspectives/nov06/P104038111.jpg

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Blue that is one beautiful picture....

Nicki..I want to go where that rainbow is..bet there is a pot of gold ... 

Wink

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

here is a city stream...

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

DSCF2172.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Look what I found as I was going for my morning walk.  Mountain goats, just relaxing in the mountains and taking in some of that good ol fashioned sunshine.  The thought of walking through the mountains makes me want to reminisce about the good old days.  The days before breast cancer.  My youth which seems so long ago now.

We have had to climb some mighty tall mountains as we have walked through this journey.  Today Im picturing myself, sitting on a log - a tree that fell long ago.  Sitting there makes me look around and think about life.  The ground around me is covered with leaves.  Crunchy when you walk on them.  Echoing into the wind.  I shout out hello and can hear my voice echoing.  When I take a look around, I see all the wonderful people I have met here.  Some are gone, but there spirit is here.  Strong as ever. 

Spar:  I do believe you captured the best of both worlds.  The moon and the sun...almost in alighment with each other.  Both representing strength and change.

BMD:  Hi to you.  The road to Pinkstock?  Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

Blue:  Magnificent.  The colorful trees reflecting in the water.  Makes me think about life and just enjoying it while I can.

SoCal:  Ha, I have been chasing that pot of gold.

Luv:  Yes, yes, the sounds of a creek or a waterfall.  So relaxing and powerful.  Filled with many healing qualities. 

I think I will take another hike today.  Me and Mister (my dog).  I will be thinking about all of our friends who are struggling and being thankful - that today - I can go for a walk and imagine living in a perfect world.  I will look for the small things today that are filled with natures beauty.

mountain.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Nicki  

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options
  • socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Nicki onward and upward Ho...

Found these by the stream...

• Indigoblue
    Indigoblue Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thanks Spar2 (Jan),

Kierkegaard kindly says it all.  Nice arrowheads. 

I haven't visited Breastcancer,ord for a while, but it hasn't been that long.  I haven't figured out how the Discussion Boards are working.  Comp-noggin-not, sorry.  Vision stuff is going on and meanwhile I've been looking for some of magnificent mountain pictures I rescued when losing most of the pics in a fire.  Thanks for post on this site everyone; it looks like you have great attitudes and we need attitute!!!

Love,

IndiSmile

• Indigoblue
    Indigoblue Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thanks Spar2 (Jan),

Kierkegaard kindly says it all.  Nice arrowheads. 

I haven't visited Breastcancer,ord for a while, but it hasn't been that long.  I haven't figured out how the Discussion Boards are working.  Comp-noggin-not, sorry.  Vision stuff is going on and meanwhile I've been looking for some of magnificent mountain pictures I rescued when losing most of the pics in a fire.  Thanks for post on this site everyone; it looks like you have great attitudes and we need attitute!!!

Love,

IndiSmile

• saint
    saint Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2008
    Options

Meeska Mooska Mountaineers!

I have been VERY busy with kids/school stuff this weekend--I'm just stopping to say---hugs & blessings to all you climbers!

be well & stay strong. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

The week-end is coming to an end. Leaving the tranquility of the mountain, with all its power and courage behind me for a bit.  I hope everyone has a great week.

Saint:  Hi to you.  Busy with kid stuff is good!

Indi:  So good to hear from you.

SoCal:  Love that fish in the bears mouth.

See ya later mountaingators.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAsoLm1Ges

Nicki 

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

I took this in the Mountains in Northern Spain, Los Picos de Europa, the town was

Covadunga where Pelayo started his campaign to kick the Moors out of Spain

Centuries ago...

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

Indigoblue, am so glad to see you post here, hope you enjoy it.  I know how you feel about losing your pictures.  We lost everything in the May 3rd 1999 tornado in oklahoma.  I love your user name, ever since I read the book indigo I have loved that name.  Lisa beautiful place in Spain, you have traveled so many places and have taken such awsome pictures all over the world.  We are so blessed for you to share them with us.  Everyone have a great evening on the mountain sitting around the campfire.  I had a short walk and I sounded like fire crackers going off stepping on all the acorns.  Yep, it really is fall now.

Go to fullsize image Got my little tent put up and sleeping bag laid out and am listening to the night sounds, crickets, frogs croaking, a rolling stream in the background, seeing lightening bugs still out in the cool dark air.  Goodnight, my friends.

• bonny1963
    bonny1963 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2008
    Options

I am going to join you ladies on the mountain.  I live int he foothills of the Smokey Mountains.  Friday my dh and I went for a hike and went to Laurel Falls.  We had packed a lunch and sat there in the glory of the falls and the beautiful leaves enjoying ourselves.  Had a wonderful time.  Laurel Falls, Tennessee. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (color)

Love my mountains.  Love you all too. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

Morning_Mountain.jpg picture by chemosabi1

A picture of "Morning Mountain."  Hi to you Bonnie.  Ok - its off to work for me.  Hope the sunshine warms your hearts and gives your strength.

Nicki

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

Bonnie, welcome, that sounds like such a wonderful day with your dh.  That picture is gorgous.  Am so glad you are joining us on the mountains.

Go to fullsize image

here are some pancakes and coffee to start our day off right.

Go to fullsize image

pull up a chair and make yourself at home

• BMD
    BMD Member Posts: 215
    edited October 2008
    Options

More wonderful pictures to start my day. I really do feel better just looking at them. Thank you.

• livesstrong
    edited October 2008
    Options

Jeez, had trouble finding my way back to the mountain, not sure what was going on but I found this fellow along the way -

Moose Pictures, Images and Photos

Isn't he cute?????

Hey Bren - how the heck are you????

Valerie

• livesstrong
    edited October 2008
    Options

I'm heading to the top of Whiteface Mt. in NY - anyone want to join me?

Whiteface Mountain Pictures, Images and Photos"

Valerie