Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2008
    Options

Beautiful leaves and trees Valerie.  Trees are still pretty much green here but can change in a

day.  

I'm thinking of all the crafts and wonderful decorations we could make with all those amazing

leaves.

• SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2008
    Options

I found this picture of Idylwild

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2008
    Options

I used to make these with my children.  We would gather the leaves and it's an easy

craft they could make for home and the grandparents.  Which they loved to receive.

kids leaf craft project - make a mobile

Needs.

A variety of different shaped leaves
    Two equal sized twigs
    Raffia, ribbon, fishing line, string or thread (we used raffia)
    A roll of wax paper
    Scissors
    Punch

Warm iron and ironing board to be used by ADULTS ONLY

Method

1. Make a cross with the two twigs and tie them together at the centre.
    2. Arrange a few leaves at a time on the wax paper and cover it with another piece of wax paper.
    3. Iron the wax paper so that the wax melts and the two layers stick together with the leaves inbetween.
    4. Let the children cut around the leaf shapes leaving a border of wax paper.
    5. Punch a hole in the paper around each leaf help the children insert the raffia, ribbon, thread or fishing line and tie the ends.
    6. Hang two leaves together as shown in the photo.
    7. Hang your leaves from the twigs and then suspend your mobile in a well-lit position so that the light will catch it.

Variation - add pressed flowers, berry clusters or small cones to your fall leaf mobile.

Have fun.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited October 2008
    Options

1651968qqa3iz6cf2.png poems of falling leaves image by generangel

Valerie:  You captured what was part of my imagination. Thanks for that Fall mountain picture.

Sheri:  So that is what inspirational point looks like?  Just beautiful.  The misty ground is cool.

Shrink:  I never had a chance to congratulate you on getting married.  Im just so happy for you.

I found myself a good old fashioned Log Cabin.  Todays menu will start with some apple and pumpkin pie.  Can you just smell the aroma, penetrating through the paths, upwards toward the mountains peaks? 

Nicki

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373
    edited October 2008
    Options

Spar I know your busy working this weekend. I'm glad you had a wonderful time last night. You never know where you will find caring people that go above & beyond what you would expect. I just wanted to say Thank You! For the wonderful Gift I just got in the Mail for my Grandson. Such thought & Caring in your Heart! I think you are one of those people. When you do nice things for someone no matter how great or small, it's amazing how those things come back to you in different ways so unexpected!

Sahalie what a fun craft to make with the kids for special times to remember. Thanks for the cabin to shelter us & keep us warm. Today will be a beautiful day to take a hike in my woods. Temps in the 70's with warm breezes & lots of sunshine. Good Idea!

MaryLou you travel safely on your journey this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more views from your state.

Shrink how is the lymphedema going? Is it getting better? The Leaves are just starting to turn where I am. I think another 2-3 weeks & we should be at peak. We are at the same level in pa so it's probably similar.

Biker enjoy your travels & hike today. I think you will have the same wonderful weather as us southerners. We stayed at the Summit, but I can't find any info. on it anymore!

Hi Celia! Look for some more pics for us!

Enjoy Your Mountainous Adventures Today!

RayesTown Lake in PA.....

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

bob_ross_csg001_mountain_retreat.jpg mountain cabin image by schnauzeroo1

If I could live in the mountains for real - this is how I would picture in my mind.

Nicki

• livesstrong
    livesstrong Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2008
    Options

Very cool, Nicki.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited October 2008
    Options

Gee...what a neat group up here...

I took these at Mammoth Lakes, CA

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

BeautifulSunrisePNG.png Mountain Sunset image by FireFytingNut

Good night to everyone.  Im gonna find me a forest ranger and sit by a campfire for a bit.  Watch the sunset in the mountains and listen to the sounds of the night.  Even your breath will echoe in the winds.

SoCal:  Soooooo coool.  How did I know you would have mountain pictures.

Really, to everyone - I wish you a wonderful evening and a peaceful night.  Will check in when the moon is ready to fade away and the sun is combing back to warm our hearts.

Nicki

• shrink
    shrink Member Posts: 131
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thanks for asking, People.  My new husband is wonderful except he's freaked right now due to the stock market. What a crazy ride this week.  Many valleys, no peaks yet when it comes to the economy.

I'm learning to wrap my LE arm which is pretty tricky.  It's not getting any worse however and isn't painful or, more importantly, lethal.

Have a calm, cool evening.  Tomorrow, I'm going out to crunch a few leaves. They're just starting to turn bright oranges, yellows and reds with the green pines in the background.

"My lifetime is just a moment in eternity.  But for me it's quite an important moment." - Ashliegh Brilliant

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,005
    edited October 2008
    Options

This seems like a very nice and welcoming thread.  I trust that everyone posting on it will continue to support one another.

Tami, moderator 

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

I agree Tami...

• livesstrong
    edited October 2008
    Options

Good night all,

Starry Night Over Wilderness Mountains Pictures, Images and Photos"

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

I loved this...Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail...nice to sit and enjoy the mountians there..quiet and serene

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

One for a nice calm evening...

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited October 2008
    Options

This is a thread that is open to everyone.  Enjoy the mountains ladies. Beautiful pictures.

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thank you for the clarification Spar.  I don't post often.Smile

Here's a nice one.

• pinoideae
    pinoideae Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2008
    Options

Great thread spar

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

nc-mountain-sunrise.jpg Layout example image by StrawberryWine12

Good Morning!  Nothing is prettier than seeing the sunrise in the mountains.  I remember when I was in Las Vega, the Sierra's looked golden as the sun was rising. 

Spar:  Hello to you and thanks for creating such a nice place.  I know you are working alot this week-end, and just sending warm thoughts to you.  How do you do it?  Raisng children, working all those hours, and still taking time to send someone a little surprise in mail.  Your heart is filled with love - we all can see that.

Summer: Cool pictures.

Blue: Like I mentioned earlier, its nice to see you.  Loved the picture - it took my mind away to another place.  Peaceful and filled with beauty.  

SoCal:  Hi to you.  I cant imagine living so close to the mountains like you do.  I have to pretend mountains are clouds here in Chicago.  When will your next get together be with all of you SoCal gals?  I love seeing those pictures.

Tami:  Hi to you.  After seeing the information by Dr. Marissa on Comcast, about bco.org - one can only be reminded what a wonderful place this is.  

Shrink:  When you talk about your DH you sound so happy.  I think we all are going a little crazy with whats happening with the economy.  My biggest concern is that many will lose their jobs and health insurance.  I know I have lost alot from my 401 plan and I didnt have much to start with.  Sorry about the lymphedema. 

Hello to everyone else.  Breakfast is on my mind.  Bacon is cooking, for those of you not on a low fat diet.  The aroma is permeating the mountains.  Throwing together some omelets too - made to order.  SoCal I have a egg white omelet that is superb.  Hope you like vegetables.  Have a wonderful day.  

Nicki    

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

good morning mountain gals...

• livesstrong
    edited October 2008
    Options

Mornin' Ladies

Let's take a walk in Ausable Chasm in the Adirondacks of NY - 

Photobucket

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

Well I thought this picture was pretty cool.  Since it's Sunday and there are lots of good football games going on.  Hope everyones team wins.  Would love to have mountains surrounding soldiers fields.

• livesstrong
    edited October 2008
    Options

SoCal - is there a place on this earth you haven't been too???  LOL.  I love all your pictures - they are all beautiful.

Valerie

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Valerie..I am fortunate  to have been soooo many places...and I count my lucky stars

that I have been  able to do it...and hope to see more...

Nicki...that is the place to play football alright 

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

thanksgivingwebsite.gif Thanks Giving image by ella0o

Wanted to mark my spot and wish all of our friends from Canada a Happy ThanksGiving.  Bet it would fun to celebrate it in the mountains.   All of your kitchens must have the most wonderful aromas.  I have enjoyed spending time here...back to work for me.  Im hiking down the mountain path, but wont be far...only a pop in away.

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

take a look at this pic I took nicki on the way down...

those from the Columbia River area of course know this place...

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited October 2008
    Options

I'm home, will catch up tomorrow.

Photobucket

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2008
    Options

This is a picture my son took of a waterfall in the Amazon when he was in Ecuador last year.  It was taken with a cell phone, so it's not terribly clear.

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880
    edited October 2008
    Options

What a beautiful thread...born in Colorado myself. 

Breathtaking memories....

The aroma of nature...crisp pine

The cool weather...peaks of snow

The wild flowers...natural beauty

http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/005/005AZt-12908684.jpg