Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited October 2008
    Options

Ontario has a mountain..... I ran up it once, and down the other side in a cross country race.  Came 73 out of 315... I thought it was pretty good but dad wanted to know why 72 girls managed to get ahead of me.... Oh well have to satisfied with 2nd in Ontario in the 3,000 km indoor games.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited October 2008
    Options

I just loved this place...very cool...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited October 2008
    Options

1AmishFall2.gif amish fall image by dan-e-boy56

Good Morning.  Just taking a ride through a mountain path to catch the sunrise.   Its funny cause the only real mountains I have seen are those treeless mountains in Vegas.  I like to imagine mountains with lots of trees too.  Bet they are beautiful in the Fall.

Have another long day at work.  Marketing event after hours - geesh!  So this is definitely another pop in.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.   I have my own little angel that watches over me.  That would be my sister and I know today she is smiling at me. Everytime I see a butterfly, I know she is at my side.  I have been seeing many lately as it is the season for the Monarks to fly south.

It was a little chilly this morning in the mountains - I started a campfire and have coffee brewing.  Have a wonderful day.

Nicki

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited October 2008
    Options

mountains_001.jpg mountains image by NepuApsadee

Winter on the mountain.  Have a great day.

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

mountain.png mountain image by robinning

Autumn on the mountain.  fall or spring would be the best time for hiking the mountains.  Got to get them mountain boots on and pack a back pack and head out.

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

I was cold when I took this one too..

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Nicki ..that photo is sooooo relaxing...

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options
    MountainsFall.jpg Fall Mountains image by faraboverubies
  • socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

One more of my mountains...

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

DSC_0055.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Another pop in for me.  Already late and must hit the showers.  Look what I found yesterday on my way back up to the mountain after work! 

Nicki

• LUVmy2girlZ
    LUVmy2girlZ Member Posts: 880
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hello Mountaineers ~

I haven't been here in awhile...but I have enjoyed all the beautiful photos!!! 

I sure miss Colorado...I luv Florida but Colorado sunsets are just as beautiful!

I'll brings some Smore Cookie bars, warm blankets and hot coffee to start our day...

then we all can get in the hot tub and melt.....

http://www.tahoehouses.biz/412barrett/image/hot_tub_sunrise.jpg

while taking in the crisp mountain air....

http://www.perth.au.emb-japan.go.jp/hiroba_november06/Towada.jpg

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

I am all for the smores and hot coffee,  and a spa to top it off.  What a beautiful start to any day.

Go to fullsize imageGo to fullsize imageGo to fullsize imageGo to fullsize image

Some of these places are just too beautiful for words.

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Luv, I wanna go to so where ever that photo with the orange leaves is..does the boat go with it??

Spar is that first one taken at arches national park or bryce...kinda looks like it..

this is  a photo of Denali..

• saint
    saint Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2008
    Options

Meeska, Mooska,  mountaineers!

Having been a florist for over 30 years I have handled the flowers from the pitcher plant--but never grown one. I would suspect they need good drainage, lots of sun & kept moist-I think the pitchers may need to have some water in them, too--but these are all just guesses....

Lisa- I'd like to come back as a bug that could live in your camera case!!! HUGS for all the beauty you share.

This seems like a good stop on my quick fly-by! You all be well & stay strong  

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

Sajnt, my daughter has been a florist for years also. She says she just "feels" it when its just right.  She manages a flower shop and owns a snow cone stand and takes kids here and there so she stays really busy.

Lisa, do those cabin houses back up to a lake or a bay?  I am just so curious about them

Happy day everyone.  hugs sherry

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

that cabin up above?? that one is in Denali State park in Alaska...not the National Park...

actually it is a Princess Cruise Boat site I think...

The cabins in the other beach link were in Ketchikan Alaska, on a stream leading into

the bay... 

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

I figured out where I took that picture of NC from..it was Chimeny Rock

• saint
    saint Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2008
    Options

Chimney Rock makes me think of Balanced Rock in Arches-----had to be where the Road Runner & Wile E Coyote got their start before they became famous!

!

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Wow, I love Arches...these are old photos so not so good

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

One More

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

DSCF2760.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Good morning mooskamountaineers!  Was taking another hike through a trail and found a mountain lion!  TGIF!  Hope you all have a peaceful day.  Another cold front came into Chicago so I will be seeing those clouds over Lake Michigan on my way to work - that look like mountains in my imagination.

Nicki

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

Mountain lion

I found a kitty cat on the mountain also.  What beauty and grace.  Lisa, I love those pictures.  It looks like Utah. Everyone climb their mountains today and when they are done take it easy and relax with some hot chocolate and muffins.

Go to fullsize imageGo to fullsize image

and then we need a little humor on here also so:

Go to fullsize imageGo to fullsize imageGo to fullsize image

• BMD
    BMD Member Posts: 215
    edited October 2008
    Options

Spar2- What a perfect thread. I just found it and it made my whole morning feel better. I love the mountains. You guys are making me want to pull out my old photo albums and scan some pictures. Maybe this week-end. Wonderful, just wonderful.

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Glad you found us BMD...we have fun up here...

• spar2
    edited October 2008
    Options

BMD, we would love to see some pictures you have taken.  If I ever get moved and my pictures out I will scan some of mine also.  Love the above picture Lisa.  It is such a different kind of beauty

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited October 2008
    Options

Too cloudy the last couple of days to get pictures of the mountains out my windows.  I loved looking at all of yours.  I'm ready for some winter weather.  we have about 6 inches of snow and it looks like it is staying for good.

Hugs

Deb C

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

So good to see you Deb...can't wait to see your pictures!!

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options

Switching gears..

• socallisa
    edited October 2008
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

fall.gif FALL image by tjrazor

Im home and hip hip hoorah!  The weekend begins.  Man it seemed like the week would never end.  This pic is my version of Fall in the mountainsSmile

Spar:  I'm a cat person too.  Loved that picture of the mountain lion.  A truelly beautiful creature.  OMG!  I have tears from laughing at the "no muffins for you." 

BMD:  Oh cool - glad you found the meeska mouska mountaineers.  I feel like it's been forever since I have talked to you.  Can't wait to see your pictures.

DebC:  Shhhhh!  Your talking snow already?  We only mention those words in whispers here in Chicago.  I bet you have some beautiful mountains pictures being in Alaska.  Cant wait to see them.

SoCal:  Those pictures are so coooool!  I went into wonderland and pictured myself and standing with Mister looking at that lovely view.

Saint:  OMG!  I forgot all about Roadrunner and Willie E. Coyote.  Time for dinner.  It's a bit chilly up here in the mountains but we have a nice fire going and I'm making a big pot of beef stew. 

df29a72f.gif Wille E. Coyote image by MegaXiaolinBell2

Luv:  Hi to you and hope you have some of those smores for this evening.  Think I will make a nice hot apple cider, with fresh cinnamon sticks, and orange slices.

Looks like Im pretty far behind.  Looking forward to spending the week-end in the mountains. 

Spar:  Just for you.

Think Im gonna just lay back in tent, listen to the crackling wood as it burns, enjoy the aroma of hot apple cider in the air, and listen for the sounds of the night animals.  Have a great evening.

Nicki