Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

FEMARA

Comments

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740

Day, never heard of thet before but I will def try it as I have bith of those ingredients on hand. GarrdenGumby, thank you as well. Turmeric is another one I never heard of. I do take turmeric every day as well as bosellia as they both work well together for joint pain and to preven brain mets.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Day, I have intense needle phobia, so it sounds extremely scary to me.

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393

Scottee1

From what my primary Care physician has told me and what I have read.  Many of us have low VitD3 levels.  Mine was very low, only 24.  He put me on 5000 iu.  It improved only 4 points.  Next he put me on 10,000 iu a day.  It is now more normal.  My MO told me to continue that dosage. 

From what I read, a LOT of our physical well being can be affected by our VitD3 levels.  I go back to the MO in April.  will have him check it again, when doing the other usual blood work., I have been on the 10,000 iu since last August.

Vickie

• Shrek4
    Shrek4 Member Posts: 519

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Vicks..It is not standard procedure here in Canada to have Vit D3 levels checked , at least none of my doctors has suggested it. I will see my MO next Tuesday and tallk to him about it. I have increased my dosage to 6000IU plus 600mg of Mgand it is making quite a difference already. Thank you for responding.

• HLB

Day, i was not numbed for that procedure either and I hate that Dr to this day and hope something bad happens to him. I complained to the BS and she told me she was trying to get them to let her do it in the OR but NucMed didn't want to give up the revenue. She also told me that of the two Drs that do that procedure, the other one does use anesthesia. She told me she had a lot of complaints and he said he never has complaints. BS! That emeffer made my poor mom cry. Thank God my dad was late getting there so he didn't have to see it.

• Momine

Day, I heard about the dye injection from someone and completely freaked to the point of not sleeping for two days. Then I called my surgeon, who assured me that they waited to inject it until I was under anesthesia.

I still run away from people wielding syringes. It is pretty bad, lol. It is not the pain, because I live with chronic pain and I can deal with that. I don't like it, but I can deal. It is the actual needle and the feeling of it going into by body that freaks me out. But yeah, chemo was fun, lemme tell ya! :D

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754

Amazing - the dye was injected with lidocaine in it.  Can't imagine without it though!

• HLB

I'm so used to getting blood draws that it actually relaxes me because the ladies are so gentle!

• Shrek4

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I don't think I ever had dye injected during this whole stint.  What was the dye for?

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308

I had dye injected the day before surgery. It is injected at the tumor site, and goes out through the lymphatic system. The lymph nodes that receive the dye are the ones that are removed in the sentinel node biopsy.

That injection was certainly more painful than any normal injection. I get 3 allergy shots a week and a B12 injection every month, so I'm pretty much used to having needles stuck in me, but that one definitely made me say OUCH!

• gardengumby

ahhhh - they already knew that I needed an axillary dissection, as they had biopsied my underarm lymph nodes and found cancer - so no dye would have been needed for me, I guess.  Those biopsies (they did both sides) sure hurt, though!!

I've got to admit that I've turned into a weinie.  When they biopsied some spots on my face and chest for skin cancer earlier this week I started to cry, and it really didn't hurt - it was just the whole idea of cancer - any kind of cancer.  I've gotten a little too touchy for my own good, probably.

• Momine

Gumby, don't feel bad. I am convinced that I have medical PTSD from a very unpleasant and botched C-section with my kid 20 years ago. With the whole cancer circus on top, I have had quite a few crying attacks in medical situations. At least the personnel tends to be more sympathetic when you are cancer patient :/

• Shrek4

• bludevil
    bludevil Member Posts: 1

My mom recently changed from a little pink pill to an orange pill (both are Letrozole) and her side effects dramatically incresed. Is anyone else having this problem?

• gardengumby

when I changed from a pink pill (Mylan) to the mustard colored one I'm taking now my side effects changed.  They didn't dramatically increase or dramatically decrease, but they changed. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Bluedevil the difference in the pills is the fillers that are used.  Some people have more reactions to one than they do another.  Talk to her Pharmasist and see if she can be given the ones that effected her the least.  I hope he can oblige as these pills give enough SEs without adding more.  Good luck.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• Scottiee1

Hi ladies....just want to update about my back issues....It's been a little miracle, in that,

as soon as I upped my Mg and Vit D3 my back pain subsided....Wow...talk about getting some QOL...thank you all ...

I also was changed from pink to orange but I can't say that I have noticed any difference.

• Momine

Scottie, that's excellent!

• Scottiee1

Momine....thank you.....I think the anxiety of my upcoming MO appt didn't help either

as I was sure he would send me for an MRI and I'm super clostraphobic....but my back is great now. Hope anyone else suffering the same will at least try upping their Mg and D3

also....BTW...I bought a Mg spray and use it now as a deodorant and also took it

to my massage therapist and she sprayed it all over my back before massaging.

• HLB

I've been using it as deoderant too. Can't believe how great it works!

• Scottiee1

Hi HLB....I was using organic baking soda before but it is a little messy. The Mg spray is so convenient and hopefully beneficial too.

• jittersmom
    jittersmom Member Posts: 79

Scottiee1...i have a lot of pain with femera....my hands and neck? You said you take D3 and MG? Stupid question is Mg magnisium..I had to have an infusion of it when I was on chomo for my muscles

• Scottiee1

Jittersmom.....no question is stupid on here ❤.....yes Mg is Magnesium ....it has made a big difference in my life....600 mg of Magnesium and 6000 to 8000 IU of Vit D3.....don't know if I need this much Vit D3 .....I will ask my MO on Tuesday to give me a blood test.

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308

What is magnesium spray used for? Is the oral magnesium used to treat joint pain?

• Scottiee1

Cfdr.....you can spray it on any muscle or joint pain.....my massage therapist sprays it all over my back and neck before massage....it can also be used as a deodorant...works like a charm.

• Momine

Jitters, what were your musles doing that warranted the magnesium infusion? 

• HLB

I was taking D3 10,000 mg per day when first dx'd in July. Two months later I had the blood test (had to ask for it) and it was 63. Then I dropped it to 5000, just as an experiment to see what would happen and hopefully be able to determine the right amt for me because I have no idea what it was before I started taking it. Well he refused to test it the next time because he said me levels were good. I tried to explain why I wanted it done again but he just repeated it was good. So frustrating sometimes. Maybe I will just go back to the 10,000.

• jittersmom
    jittersmom Member Posts: 79

Momine.... at one point during chemo i could barely walk or stand up it was terrible. it went on for weeks and finally they tried Magnesium. I also took it orally but stopped when i got the runs pretty bad