Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

FEMARA

Comments

• jacee
    jacee Member Posts: 219

dsgirl....I am post menopausal due to an oopherectomy, so from what I understand can't take Tamoxifen. But, as stated above I'm confused about those who are taking it well past menopause??  Seems there is no standard at any stage of this disease.

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468

I've been taking Femara for about 9 months now and right from the start the oncologist recommended taking calcium and Vitamin D with it. So far, I have some general aches and pains that don't bother me once I get moving and there are some effects on my hands. Even then, I can still manage fine on my own in the house, use the computer, play bridge and hold my grandchildren. All the important things carry on.

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

Tamoxifen can be taken by any age woman because it blocks estrogen (produced by the ovaries and/or the adipose (fat) tissues of the body) from getting to the cancer cells.  The Aromatase inhibitors (Femara, Arimidex etc) work by blocking the production of estrogen in the adipose tissues so it is more suited to post menopausal women. Pre menopausal women do sometimes take AIs it but they have to take a drug to stop their ovaries working for it to be effective.

The decision of which to take can be influenced by existing medical conditions and the drug side effect profiles as well as menopause status.  Eg if you have bone loss it may be better to take Tamox as bone loss is not a side effect but if you have thrombosis problems AIs might be better as Tamox has that listed as a side effect.  And if you prefer to worry about achy joints rather than an increased risk of uterine cancer you might choose and AI over Tamox.  Having said that, some women, probably as they are at greater risk of recurrance, are prescribed both - 5 years of Tamox then 5 years of an AI.

Hope that clears things a little

Rae

• jacee

Thanks Rae...good info, and nice to know there are more options.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Yes, thanks gals!  When I first went to the Breast Surgeon, she said she would do a lumpectomy, then implant the MammoSite device, & have radiation for the 5 days....She said after that I could take Tamoxifen....Then I went right over to the Radiologist, & even she said, yes, Tamoxifen for 5 years....I was kind of happy, because my dear friend, who is even older than I took it for 5 years, & that was 11 years ago, so I kind of knew what path I was on.   It would have been kind of hard to hide the fact, that I'm almost 73, ha!  But at the time, I didn't know about any other drugs that follow up BC.  Also, we didn't know what type of BC I had....So after the surgery, & knowing that I was ER & PR positive, I DID go to an Oncologist & he thought I should have Chemo, without even checking anything else.  It was such a shock, because I hadn't heard this before.  I said, but I don't think so....my Docs didn't say anything about this....And I want to start on Tamoxifen.  He gave me a prescription, & ordered the Onco type test....And it confirmed MY thoughts, that I didn't need chemo...I was "20"...I changed Oncologists after that....He scared me to death, advising I should have Chemo, without even knowing.  I think SOME just think that they should do EVERYthing to prevent cancer from coming back.  

And I trust you gals....I know some have terrible SE's, & some don't!  And I have been taking the vitamins all along with the Tamoxifen....So maybe if I have to start Femara.....Maybe if I am NOT metabolizing the Tamoxifen, I will stop being such a baby, & go with you gals, & be on Femara.

I know the Doctors know more than I do....Maybe I should trust them more...But these tests will help!  Thanks....

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

Good info Rae. My grandmother died in the mid 80's.  She was on tamox at the time from having BC many years before.  My mother took Tamox until she died in 1997 before these other meds came out.  What many don't know is that it was the ONLY drug out for many years. 

• jacee

Exactly....my mom and her sister both had bc. They both had a mast and did nothing else except tamoxifen for 7 years. My mom died of lung cancer...totally new primary, not related to her bc. My aunt lived almost 24 years, never any more cancer. So yes the AI's are good, but tamoxifen isn't past its prime, and worked for many women for many years.

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932

I had to stop the Femara after 10 mos due to SEs.  Then I went to Arimidex with same SEs.  At that point, I told the onc. I was DONE!  He had me try Tamox and, I must admit, it is tolerable.  I feel I can stay on this another 4 years if I have to, whereas I never would have done that with the AIs.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Ladies, good input & lots of food for thought.

• wblibrary
    wblibrary Member Posts: 66

I agree with the posts about the Tamoxifen - it's suitable for pre or post menopausal women - it's been around forever and it's been shown to work.  My onc had suggested it when Femara was giving me so much trouble with the side effects.  I back on the Femara - but ready to give the Tamoxifen a shot.  I can't handle the night sweats and hot flashes.  The aches and pains are better with Gluclosamine and Calcium/Vitamin D tablets. 

• nanna
    nanna Member Posts: 138

I had mammogram it showed up something and now will.  have a breast biopsy. I have been taking femara for 18 months has anyone had developed cancer in other breast  while taking femara.

• Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146

Hi Nanna,

Sorry to hear about the results of your mammogram, if it's any concellation I had something show on my mammogram last year and they were sending me for a biopsy but then the onc decided to send me for another ultrasound instead just to be sure and that came back clear, so no biopsy.  They do have me still go for 3 monthly checks with the onc.  Maybe if my mammogram in August comes back ok then they'll change the check ups to ever 6 months?  Did they automatically do an ultrasound when you had your mammogram, my onc now insists as she says mammograms are not 100% reliable?  I do have various lumps and bumps on my BC side but hopefully it is just scar tissue and nothing more sinister, guess I'll find out in August!  For now I'll try not to get fixated on it.

Love & best wishes Gaynor

• moemom
    moemom Member Posts: 6

I just found this forum and am glad to know that I am not losing my mind. I was disgnosed in June of 2009 in the midst of my father's final bout with bladder cancer. I had 2 lumpectomys last summer and then 10 radiation treatments with mammasite device, I had the balloon catheter put in the first day of funeral visitation for my father. I think that I just put everything out of my mind in my grief. I sailed through the radiation and then had a total hysterectomy in September, took 2 and a half weeks off work then back to regular routine, taking care of my mother and 17 year old son and working. In January I had a little fall apart (which I figured that I was due) and then back to my old routine again. In April 2010 I started taking Femara, within weeks I was having terrible hot flashes/night sweats and was just miserable. I talked to my oncologist and he suggested an anti-depressant and/or accupuncture. I have a friend who is certified in  accupunture and Chinese Medicine. The accupunture has helped hot flashes/night sweats, but now in the past month I have started noticing joint pain, problems sleeping and forgetfulness, I thought perhaps I was getting depressed. Now, I think that it is due to the Femara. I had an EMG last week because I thought that my carpal tunnel had reached the stage where surgery was required. I am an attorney who is employed as a Magistrate (like a judge) and I write constantly, my thumb and index finger on my left hand are numb and both my hands and fingers ache constantly. As a diabetic I worry about neuropathy and permanent nerve damage. Has anyone had carpal tunnel surgery while on Femara, if so, did it help your symptoms? I also use a computer frequently, but that is a problem also because of my hand pain. Thanks

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468
    moemom I have mentioned here before that Femara seems to be affecting my hands more than most other parts of me as well. The encouraging thing is that it doesn't (after 10 months) seem to be getting worse and worse, just that different parts of my hands quit working from time to time. Fortunately, I have never had to stop using the computer or the mouse. My handwriting is worse, but still doable. I am counting on this being temporary (considering five years as temporary) and much better than the alternative of a BC rerun.
  • raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

moemon

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a heavy burden to carry in the last year.  It is hard enough dealing with your own dx without losing your Dad as well. 

I know just how you feel - I thought I was losing my mind at one stage too.  I lost my Dad 18mths before my dx and although I had passed the worst of my grieving, the same deep emotions came flooding back once I had got through surgery and started Femara.  I too thought I was getting depressed but my doctor said it was normal to greive and it could take up to two years to get my head and heart back to a new 'normal' and was loath to put me on medication.  Physically I was ok on Femara for about 3 months and then, like you, the pain in my hands, feet, elbows and knees started.  I started taking glucosamine/condroitin tablets and that has eased the pain to a bearable level.  I used to run 8 kms a day but cannot do that now and even walking a long time is a challenge.  I manage to keep playing tennis by using painkillers/anti inflammatory the day before I play, on the day and the day after. I don't have carpal tunnel problems but different fingers pose problems at different times - some days they will all ache, some days one or the other will have very sore joints like arthritis setting in, other days the pain will be more in my hand/wrist area and very rarely I will have a day without noticeable pain. Feet and knees are sore most of the time. Hot flashes/night sweats were certainly revved up for about 12 months but are starting to ease again now after 15 months.  Sleeping has been a mission since dx and Femara only made it worse.  I started bike riding and tiring myself out physically seems to at least help me get to sleep but the night sweats still wake me about 3 times a night.  The forgetfulness is what actually annoys me the most because I am usually not like that at all and can't do anything to fix it.  For example not long ago I went from my car into the coffee shop to get my husband and I a coffee - he wanted a flat white and I have a latte - and in the space of about 2 minutes I ordered 2 lattes - forgot completely that he wanted a flat white!!!!!  What do you do about a goldfish memory like that?!!

However, despite the pain and frustration, the best things in life are usually the ones we have to work hardest for so I am with lassie 11, I will deal with these (fingers crossed) temporary SEs hoping it means not having to deal with BC again! 

My thoughts are with you as you fight to find some level ground in your life now.

Rae

• Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146

Hi Moemom,

I just read your post and I could identify immediately with the "forgetfulness" syndrome.  I was diagnosed back in June 2008 and started Femara in February 2009 following surgery, chemo, radiation and an oopeherectomy.  I have suffered the joint aches and pains in fits and starts, they are always worse when I am anxious or stressed about something but once I calm down the side effects of Femara seem to calm down also, apart from the hot flashes and night sweats which continue with vengance.  I cannot fully remember the last time I had a full nights sleep and before BC I never had a problem sleeping through the night, apart from my husband's snoring (LOL).  I have considered stopping taking Femara many times as I hate the side effects, it's no fun being 45 and feeling like 90 some days but I'm hoping it's all worth it in the end.  I have recently been told that I am in now in the early stages of osteopenia thanks to the Femara also, and we are looking at my options right now.  Unfotunately Zometa is not considered a standard of care in Ontario right now so it's not covered on OHIP or my husband's health insurance through work.

As I said earlier I have found that the SEs are much worse when I am stressed or anxious about other things in life, lets face it having a teenage son and working in a somewhat stressful environment can be difficult, so maybe you should talk to your onc or family doctor about taking an antidepressant for a while and see if that helps.  You have been through so much of late and you deserve to have a break. 

Take care, love

Gaynor

• nursecal
    nursecal Member Posts: 34

Moemom, I had carpal tunnel surgery while on Femara.  I have been on Femara going on 6 years this year.  My onc has kept me on it due to the number of nodes (14/32) involved in my situation.  I am truly blessed to be alive today, and I believe it is due to several things, Femara being one of those.  I have experienced SEs from it but believe it is my best option.  I had osteopenia in one hip that my Gyn had been watching prior to my dx in 2004.  I am taking Boniva (have taken Actonel and Fosomax also).  The generic Fosomax did not improve my situation so my Gyn changed me to non-generic.  I wanted to take a once-a-month med so we switched to Actonel.  That worked great.....bone scan at Gyn shows strong bones (even though on Femara) and the osteopenia gone.  I have just recently switched to once-a-month Boniva because my co-pay is less for it than the Actonel.  I had taken it before and it had strengthened my bones, so I feel it will do the same now.  I also had trigger fingers which may be contributed to the Femara, but had surgery for those as well (about 3-4 years ago), and so far so good.  The main SE I am experiencing now I believe from the Femara is pain in my feet, but after walking around for a bit it gets better.  I have suffered from hot flashes/night sweats long before my Dx.  They seem to be really bad..........then a reprieve..........then bad again.  I do take Effexor and that has given me some relief.  It is a difficult drug to withdraw from however.  I wanted to see if I still needed it for the flashes (never taken for depression) so went off for a while.  The flahses were much worse off the Effexor so I am now back on 37.5 mg.  It seems to help.  So.........no problems with carpal tunnel or trigger finger surgery while on Femara.........it just corrected the problems.  Hope this helps.

• emegram
    emegram Member Posts: 60

NURSECAL:  Want you to know that I really appreciate your posts.  They are informative and very helpful.  My onc just prescribed Effexor today for my SE's on Femara.  I have tried to tough it out for the past 2 months, and now I feel like I need some relief.  I feel like crying all the time, I don't sleep well at night, hot flashes come and go.  My co-worker has noticed a change in my disposition, and I know that I am hard to get along with.  I feel like the world has gone on - and I've been left behind somehow!!  It is embarrassing when other people notice and ask if I'm OK!!!  

I still wear my wig to my full-time work, and just not having enough hair to go topless is discouraging.  Plus the wig drives me crazy by mid-day, and I can't wait to get home & take it off.  With my hot flashes, it is now super hot here in Nebraska in July! 

Lastly, my left hip is screaming at me on a daily basis.  I'm tempted to try a chiropractor, but feel that it is joint pain from the Femara.  Will I experience any relief right away from the Effexor? 

I should add that my life has been blessed - and I am extremely grateful to be alive.  (This message was starting to sound like a self-pity party!!!)  

• nursecal
    nursecal Member Posts: 34

emegram, so glad to hear that I am of some help during this journey.  It is long but gets better each day.  I completely understand the wig thing.  My daughter got married 5 years ago and I asked her if she preferred me in a wig or al natural.  She chose the latter, for which I am greatful.  I hated the wigs.  My hair, at that time, was like a buzz cut, had just started growing back.  I have a wonderful picture displayed at home of me helping her with her pearl necklace.  I simply love it.  I worked throughout all my rads and did not wear a wig (worked in hospitals).  Don't know where you work, but I would think that scarfs could be substituted for a wig, if you feel comfortable with that.  The Effexor can take anywhere from two weeks to four weeks, depending on the person.  It is a very gradual change and is not something that will necessarily stand out to you, at least it didn't to me.  When I tried going without it is when I really noticed the difference in the flashes, aches and pains and mood, I guess since I had been on it for quite some time.  Now that I am back on it, like I said the only true ache I have now are my feet, and I work through that.  I work out daily on the elyptical (? spelling).  At first it was quite difficult on my feet but it seems now they don't even burn any more when doing it, only when I get up in the morning for a bit.  Hope this helps  Feel free to PM me if you would like.  Take care and keep your chin up....it does get better.

• navygirl
    navygirl Member Posts: 369

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I jump in here too? I'm going on my second month of Femara after a failed attempt at Arimidex. I'm getting a lot of good information from all of you; I so appreciate the input. I see my onc tomorrow and I plan to ask her what I can do to help alleviate some of these SE's. I don't want to get more prescriptions if I don't have to, so I'm hoping she has some ideas for natural remedies for the night sweats, muscle and joint pain, fatigue, etc. I tried glucosamine to no avail, I know I'm Vitamin deficient and currently taking 2,000 iu's a day -so if my D is still low I might need to increase that. I'm reading back through the posts for ideas on things I can ask her about...I have carpel tunnel in both hands and at the moment the right one is so bad some days I can barely use it. I'd really like to get that under control without having to have another surgery (I've had 3 in 3 years so I'm a little surgeried out!). 

Does anyone here get vitamin b12 shots? It's something a co-worker recommended to combat the fatigue, but I'm not sure if the onc will agree with that one?  Any tips are appreciated...

• kmf
    kmf Member Posts: 4

I switched from Tamoxofin to Femara about 4 mos. ago -- I do believe the jt./muscle/bone pain is worse -but I did have all that on Tamox.  Due to a bad case of poison ivy I was put on Prednisone 2 days ago -- like a miracle -- all pain is GONE!!  I feel like I have my body back -- but it makes me sick to know that when the Pred. is gone ( and it's terrible stuff too) the pain will be back. So, I am on a search for natural herbs/supplements to replicate the anti-inflamatory affect of the Pred. -my onco confirmed by message today that it is the anti-inflam. affect of the Pred. that is making the difference.  So far I've seen Curcumin as a good supplement and Tart Cherry Juice - I'm on Calcium and D-3 already.  Any other suggestions?  I'm 53 and have been in great health other than BC -- always exercised and careful w/diet -- so it's distressing to be hobbling around like I'm 90 and not sleeping due to bone pain!  Thanks.  Karenanne

• Caya
    Caya Member Posts: 46

navygirl, I get Vitamin B12 shots, once a month.  Just started doing this a couple of months ago, but I do have more energy.

My GP prescribed Meloxicam, 7.5 mg.day for my joint/muscle aches - it's an anti-inflammatory, I have noticed an improvement.  Taking a warm bath with Epsom salts or Dead Sea salts a couple of times/week also helps.

I also take glucosmine chondroitin, Omega 3, 4,000 units of Vitmain D3, Curcumin, Calcium w/magnesium, a multi-vitamin. I've been on Effexor 75 mg./day for 3 years now, which basically stopped all the hot flashes and eased my anxiety. 

• moemom

Thanks to lassie 11 and raeinnz for your encouragement, it helps to know that I am not imagining things, it is a little harder for me to admit to others (the attorneys and others that I work with) that I am having a hard time. Although the attorneys all knew my father, as he was a practicing attorney for over 50 years, many of them didn't know about my dx until after I had my hysterectomy (I told very few people as I didn't want my parents to find out until I knew how the lymph node biopsy turned out, my dad never did know). Oddly enough, my aunt (who is only 5 years older than me, had almost the same dx just a few weeks after me, so we are supportive of each other, she is having some of the same issues on Arimidex that I am having on Femara. It's hard to talk about the things with people who have not been through the experience. I had my first check-up mammogram in January and it was clear, my next one is in about 30 days, I am confident that it will be clear also, but there is always that little voice in the back of your head...I am going to start walking again, I was doing 5K and 10K and was supposed to do a half marathan at Walt Disney World in March but was having some trouble with my back and had to sit it out, so I am going to try and start slowly and work back up to my prior level, 3 miles a day, perhaps that will help clear my head and help my aches. Thanks again, Megan

• moemom

In the time it took me to write a post at least 3 more messages were posted, this information is great! I am taking notes and will talk to my dr when I see her in 2 weeks, don't see the onc. until Aug., so will start with my GP. I am also diabetic and have HBP so I will have to see if any of these meds/supplements will interfere with those meds. I am taking Calcium with Vitamin D and fish oil. Thanks to all for posting your great info, I feel very encouraged! Megan

• weety
    weety Member Posts: 378

I started femara about a month ago.  My thumbs are driving me crazy--they are so sore.  I am dropping stuff all the time because it feels like that grasp using the thumb and bones that connect the thumb to the hand is not working correctly!  Also, my big toes feel the same way.  LOL

• activern
    activern Member Posts: 111
    To all: Femara is a monster drug!  At least to me and to most of the posters on this thread.  I stopped this drug after only 5 months of use and it did nothing to decrease the tumors in my liver as the chemo did.  Even though I did have some self-limiting SEs of the chemo; Femara has taken the crown!  After a trip to the Urgent Care and ER, an MRI did show a development of a Bakers Cyst in my right knee and a benign tumor that showed up as well.  I am currently scheduled to see an orthopedist to determine what's next. My oncologist has stated that these new developments are a result of the Femara.  So - please ask your oncologist to send you to a rheumatologist or an oncologist.  Specialists are there for a reason.
  • mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250

I completely agree with Vilma.  See a Rheumatologist.  Mine told me that after having cancer/chemo, etc. our bodies can be attacked by something that may have been lurking there anyway.  I have pseudo-gout in one knee.  Right now with Vitamin D, I'm sooooo much better, but I know I will have flare-ups again.  I've been on Femara for 16 months.  I'm not going to stop taking it, it is the best for me, but I got to where I could hardly walk.  See a specialist if your symptoms don't get better.

• emegram
    emegram Member Posts: 60

Is anyone else having pain in their hip(s) since taking this drug?  I'm trying a chiropractor - and lots of Advil.

• schneesmom
    schneesmom Member Posts: 2

I had my lumpectomy in March, where they took out a very small tumor (3mm) and got all the margins.  I had 33 radiation treatments and started on Femara on June 25.  I have felt terrible since the second day.  I have bouts of extreme nausea and diarrhea, my back and hips hurt so bad I can barely stand, and feel generally lousy.  I first took them at night with 75 mg of Effexor and the hot flashes were awful.  I switched to taking them in the mornings and split the Effexor into two doses a day of 37.5 each.  The hot flashes are a bit better.  I have not slept more than a few hours a night since I started taking Femara.  I was already on a Women's vitamin pack plus Vitamin D and Black Cohash.  

I had a full hysterectomy in 2006 at the age of 43.  I used the Estrogen patches for several years but they did not seem to make any difference.  Last July, I saw a doctor who specialized in hormone therapy and we started working on bio-identical hormones.  I upped my does in November and when I had my usual yearly mammo in January, they found the tumor. As soon as I was diagnosed, I went off the hormone treatments and the doc prescribed 37.5 mg of Effexor for the hot flashes.  I had some, but they were not severe and did not interfere with sleep.  

It seems to me that the hormone therapy had a hand in the BC, but the oncologist doesn't want to make that association.  I am only 47 and the idea of spending 5 years feeling as bad as I have felt since June 25 does not sound great.  I felt better and had more energy the morning after my lumpectomy!  I am seriously considering stopping the Femara.  I see the oncologist on July 23 and plan to let her know that I would rather take my chances and feel half decent.  My Mother had BC in 1993 and hers was bigger than mine.  She had the same treatment and has been cancer free for 17 years.  She never took any meds after her surgery and she still has her ovaries.  My check-up mammo is Tuesday, so if it is clear, I am going to talk to the doctor about stopping the Femara and staying on the Effexor and being diligent about checkups.  I am not overweight, do not drink, and eat a very healthy diet 99% of the time.  

Has anyone else made the decision to take her chances on going off the Femara?

Denise

• kdeit
    kdeit Member Posts: 20

Hi Denise,

I'm sorry you're having so many lousy side effects with Femara.    I had a terrible time with Arimadex, and was switched to Femara, which has been much better, for me.

You might want to ask your oncologist about putting you on a different Aromatase Inhibitor - there are 3, I believe, and some of us have side effects to one, but not the others.

Hope you feel better soon!!  And I have no idea what all the garbage is after my message.  I'm sorry Cry

I/******************************************************** This Script will be included in all web pages to show an Icon on Mouse over, Clicking the Icon will show a Zoominto Viewer (a Flash made viewer) to Zoom the Image Content ********************************************************/ var tmppluginServername = "http://www.zoominto.com/software/ieplugin/"; var versionswf="1100"; var tmppluginSwfname=tmppluginServername + "imgviewerpremium" + versionswf + ".swf"; var protocol = "http://"; var isInternetExplorer = navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1; plugin_run(); function BrowserZoomPlugin() { var ua, s, i; this.isIE = false; this.isNS = false; this.version = null; ua = navigator.userAgent; s = "MSIE"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isIE = true; this.version = parseFloat(ua.substr(i + s.length)); return; } s = "Netscape6/"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isNS = true; this.version = parseFloat(ua.substr(i + s.length)); return; } s = "Gecko"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isNS = true; this.version = 6.1; return; } } var browser = new BrowserZoomPlugin; var dragObj = new Object; dragObj.zIndex = 0; function zoominto_dragStart(event, id) { var el; var x, y; if (id) { dragObj.elNode = document.getElementById(id); } else { if (browser.isIE) { dragObj.elNode = window.event.srcElement; } if (browser.isNS) { dragObj.elNode = event.target; } if (dragObj.elNode.nodeType == 3) { dragObj.elNode = dragObj.elNode.parentNode; } } if (browser.isIE) { x = window.event.clientX + document.documentElement.scrollLeft + document.body.scrollLeft; y = window.event.clientY + document.documentElement.scrollTop + document.body.scrollTop; } if (browser.isNS) { x = event.clientX + window.scrollX; y = event.clientY + window.scrollY; } dragObj.cursorStartX = x; dragObj.cursorStartY = y; dragObj.elStartLeft = parseInt(dragObj.elNode.style.left, 10); dragObj.elStartTop = parseInt(dragObj.elNode.style.top, 10); if (isNaN(dragObj.elStartLeft)) { dragObj.elStartLeft = 0; } if (isNaN(dragObj.elStartTop)) { dragObj.elStartTop = 0; } dragObj.elNode.style.zIndex = ++dragObj.zIndex; if (browser.isIE) { document.attachEvent("onmousemove", zoominto_dragGo); document.attachEvent("onmouseup", zoominto_dragStop); window.event.cancelBubble = true; window.event.returnValue = false; } if (browser.isNS) { document.addEventListener("mousemove", zoominto_dragGo, true); document.addEventListener("mouseup", zoominto_dragStop, true); event.preventDefault(); } } function zoominto_dragGo(event) { var x, y; if (browser.isIE) { x = window.event.clientX + document.documentElement.scrollLeft + document.body.scrollLeft; y = window.event.clientY + document.documentElement.scrollTop + document.body.scrollTop; } if (browser.isNS) { x = event.clientX + window.scrollX; y = event.clientY + window.scrollY; } dragObj.elNode.style.left = dragObj.elStartLeft + x - dragObj.cursorStartX + "px"; dragObj.elNode.style.top = dragObj.elStartTop + y - dragObj.cursorStartY + "px"; if (browser.isIE) { window.event.cancelBubble = true; window.event.returnValue = false; } if (browser.isNS) { event.preventDefault(); } } function zoominto_dragStop(event) { if (browser.isIE) { document.detachEvent("onmousemove", zoominto_dragGo); document.detachEvent("onmouseup", zoominto_dragStop); } if (browser.isNS) { document.removeEventListener("mousemove", zoominto_dragGo, true); document.removeEventListener("mouseup", zoominto_dragStop, true); } } function imgplayerprogress_DoFSCommand(command, args) { var imgplayerprogressObj = isInternetExplorer ? document.all.imgplayerprogress : document.imgplayerprogress; } function zoominto_addElement(divIdName, htmlval) { try { var newdiv = document.createElement("div"); newdiv.setAttribute("id", divIdName); newdiv.setAttribute("title", ""); newdiv.style.position = "absolute"; newdiv.style.display = "none"; newdiv.innerHTML = htmlval; document.body.appendChild(newdiv);; } catch (e) { } } function zoominto_addmyelems(divIdName, htmlval) { try { var newdiv = document.createElement("div"); newdiv.setAttribute("id", divIdName); newdiv.innerHTML = htmlval; document.body.appendChild(newdiv);; } catch (e) { //_L(e); } } function zoominto_initializelements() { zoominto_addElement("plugpanel", "ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos "); zoominto_addmyelems("plugincheck_0909", "

"); } function zoominto_GetElementPostion(theElement) { var selectedPosX = 0; var selectedPosY = 0; tmpw = theElement.width; tmph = theElement.height; while (theElement != null) { selectedPosX += theElement.offsetLeft; selectedPosY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } var tempelement = new Array(selectedPosX, selectedPosY, tmpw, tmph); return tempelement; } function plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(Xwidth, Yheight, divid) { var scrolledX, scrolledY; if (self.pageYOffset) { scrolledX = self.pageXOffset; scrolledY = self.pageYOffset; } else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.scrollTop) { scrolledX = document.documentElement.scrollLeft; scrolledY = document.documentElement.scrollTop; } else if (document.body) { scrolledX = document.body.scrollLeft; scrolledY = document.body.scrollTop; } var centerX, centerY; if (self.innerHeight) { centerX = self.innerWidth; centerY = self.innerHeight; } else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientHeight) { centerX = document.documentElement.clientWidth; centerY = document.documentElement.clientHeight; } else if (document.body) { centerX = document.body.clientWidth; centerY = document.body.clientHeight; } var leftOffset = scrolledX + (centerX - Xwidth) / 2; var topOffset = scrolledY + (centerY - Yheight) / 2; var o = document.getElementById(divid); var r = o.style; r.position = "absolute"; r.top = topOffset + "px"; r.left = leftOffset + "px"; r.display = "block"; } function pluginalertShow(layerid) { document.getElementById(layerid).style.visibility = "visible"; document.getElementById(layerid).style.display = "block"; plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(280, 115, layerid); document.getElementById("plugin_btn_activate").focus(); } function pluginalerthide(layerid) { document.getElementById(layerid).style.visibility = "hidden"; document.getElementById(layerid).style.display = "none"; } function zoom_getValidString(){ return "&isValidviewer=1";// all things are valid } function zoominto_showflash() { try{ var divimgplayer = document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player"); divimgplayer.style.display = "block"; divimgplayer.style.visibility = "visible"; plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(600, 371, "div_plugin_img_player"); zoominto_setImage(document.getElementById("plugpanel").title); } catch (e) { } } function zoominto_closeflash() { var divimgplayer = document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player"); divimgplayer.style.display = "none"; divimgplayer.style.visibility = "hidden"; } function hidezoomicon(){ document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } function getMouseX( e ) { return e.pageX || ( e.clientX + ( document.documentElement.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollLeft ) ); } function getMouseY( e ) { return e.pageY || ( e.clientY + ( document.documentElement.scrollTop || document.body.scrollTop ) ); } function dhtmlLoadScript(url) { var e = document.createElement("script"); e.src = url; e.type="text/javascript"; // document.getElementByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(e); document.getElementById("addiv").appendChild(e); } function getactualimgdimensions(imgsrc){ zoomintoheavyImage = new Image(); zoomintoheavyImage.src = imgsrc var tempelement = new Array(zoomintoheavyImage.width, zoomintoheavyImage.height); return tempelement; } function plugin_run() { var image = document.getElementsByTagName("img"); var totimgLength=image.length; zoominto_initializelements(); for (var i = 0; i < image.length; i++) { if (image[i].className.match("myplug_img")){ image[i].onmouseout = function (evt) { document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } }// Zoom icon hidden zoomarrdim= getactualimgdimensions(image[i].src); //arrdim[0] - width arrdim[1] - height if (!image[i].className.match("myplug_img") && zoomarrdim[0] > 50 && zoomarrdim[1] > 60) { image[i].onmouseover = function () {imgvals = zoominto_GetElementPostion(this); document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.display = "block";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "visible";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.left = imgvals[0] + "px";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.top = imgvals[1] + "px";document.getElementById("plugpanel").title = this.src;}; image[i].onmouseout = function (evt) { imgvals = zoominto_GetElementPostion(this); strx=imgvals[0]; stry=imgvals[1]; endx=imgvals[0] +imgvals[2] ; endy=imgvals[1] + imgvals[3]; tmpcurx=evt.pageX; tmpcury=evt.pageY; if(tmpcurx > strx && tmpcurx < endx && tmpcury > stry && tmpcury < endy ){ l=1 } else{ document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } }; }// End of Condition Image smaller if(zoomarrdim[0] == 1 && zoomarrdim[1] == 1){ // remove Image element image[i].style.display="none"; image[i].style.visibility="hidden"; } } } function zoominto_URLEncode(clearString) { var output = ""; var x = 0; clearString = clearString.toString(); var regex = /(^[a-zA-Z0-9_.]*)/; while (x < clearString.length) { var match = regex.exec(clearString.substr(x)); if (match != null && match.length > 1 && match[1] != "") { output += match[1]; x += match[1].length; } else { if (clearString[x] == " ") { output += "+"; } else { var charCode = clearString.charCodeAt(x); var hexVal = charCode.toString(16); output += "%" + (hexVal.length < 2 ? "0" : "") + hexVal.toUpperCase(); } x++; } } return output; } function Closeiepluginpanel() { closeflash(); } function zoominto_setImage(txturl) { zoominto_changeobject(txturl); } function logme(txtstr) { // try { //alert(txtstr); return ""; } function zoominto_changeobject(url) { //Method to Display the Viewer for Image trkval = "?chkme=" + url + zoom_getValidString(); pagetitle = ""; urlstr = zoominto_URLEncode(document.location); document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player").innerHTML = "

\n"; } /******************************************************** This Script will be included in all web pages to show an Icon on Mouse over, Clicking the Icon will show a Zoominto Viewer (a Flash made viewer) to Zoom the Image Content ********************************************************/ var tmppluginServername = "http://www.zoominto.com/software/ieplugin/"; var versionswf="1100"; var tmppluginSwfname=tmppluginServername + "imgviewerpremium" + versionswf + ".swf"; var protocol = "http://"; var isInternetExplorer = navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1; plugin_run(); function BrowserZoomPlugin() { var ua, s, i; this.isIE = false; this.isNS = false; this.version = null; ua = navigator.userAgent; s = "MSIE"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isIE = true; this.version = parseFloat(ua.substr(i + s.length)); return; } s = "Netscape6/"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isNS = true; this.version = parseFloat(ua.substr(i + s.length)); return; } s = "Gecko"; if ((i = ua.indexOf(s)) >= 0) { this.isNS = true; this.version = 6.1; return; } } var browser = new BrowserZoomPlugin; var dragObj = new Object; dragObj.zIndex = 0; function zoominto_dragStart(event, id) { var el; var x, y; if (id) { dragObj.elNode = document.getElementById(id); } else { if (browser.isIE) { dragObj.elNode = window.event.srcElement; } if (browser.isNS) { dragObj.elNode = event.target; } if (dragObj.elNode.nodeType == 3) { dragObj.elNode = dragObj.elNode.parentNode; } } if (browser.isIE) { x = window.event.clientX + document.documentElement.scrollLeft + document.body.scrollLeft; y = window.event.clientY + document.documentElement.scrollTop + document.body.scrollTop; } if (browser.isNS) { x = event.clientX + window.scrollX; y = event.clientY + window.scrollY; } dragObj.cursorStartX = x; dragObj.cursorStartY = y; dragObj.elStartLeft = parseInt(dragObj.elNode.style.left, 10); dragObj.elStartTop = parseInt(dragObj.elNode.style.top, 10); if (isNaN(dragObj.elStartLeft)) { dragObj.elStartLeft = 0; } if (isNaN(dragObj.elStartTop)) { dragObj.elStartTop = 0; } dragObj.elNode.style.zIndex = ++dragObj.zIndex; if (browser.isIE) { document.attachEvent("onmousemove", zoominto_dragGo); document.attachEvent("onmouseup", zoominto_dragStop); window.event.cancelBubble = true; window.event.returnValue = false; } if (browser.isNS) { document.addEventListener("mousemove", zoominto_dragGo, true); document.addEventListener("mouseup", zoominto_dragStop, true); event.preventDefault(); } } function zoominto_dragGo(event) { var x, y; if (browser.isIE) { x = window.event.clientX + document.documentElement.scrollLeft + document.body.scrollLeft; y = window.event.clientY + document.documentElement.scrollTop + document.body.scrollTop; } if (browser.isNS) { x = event.clientX + window.scrollX; y = event.clientY + window.scrollY; } dragObj.elNode.style.left = dragObj.elStartLeft + x - dragObj.cursorStartX + "px"; dragObj.elNode.style.top = dragObj.elStartTop + y - dragObj.cursorStartY + "px"; if (browser.isIE) { window.event.cancelBubble = true; window.event.returnValue = false; } if (browser.isNS) { event.preventDefault(); } } function zoominto_dragStop(event) { if (browser.isIE) { document.detachEvent("onmousemove", zoominto_dragGo); document.detachEvent("onmouseup", zoominto_dragStop); } if (browser.isNS) { document.removeEventListener("mousemove", zoominto_dragGo, true); document.removeEventListener("mouseup", zoominto_dragStop, true); } } function imgplayerprogress_DoFSCommand(command, args) { var imgplayerprogressObj = isInternetExplorer ? document.all.imgplayerprogress : document.imgplayerprogress; } function zoominto_addElement(divIdName, htmlval) { try { var newdiv = document.createElement("div"); newdiv.setAttribute("id", divIdName); newdiv.setAttribute("title", ""); newdiv.style.position = "absolute"; newdiv.style.display = "none"; newdiv.innerHTML = htmlval; document.body.appendChild(newdiv);; } catch (e) { } } function zoominto_addmyelems(divIdName, htmlval) { try { var newdiv = document.createElement("div"); newdiv.setAttribute("id", divIdName); newdiv.innerHTML = htmlval; document.body.appendChild(newdiv);; } catch (e) { //_L(e); } } function zoominto_initializelements() { zoominto_addElement("plugpanel", "ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos "); zoominto_addmyelems("plugincheck_0909", "
    "); } function zoominto_GetElementPostion(theElement) { var selectedPosX = 0; var selectedPosY = 0; tmpw = theElement.width; tmph = theElement.height; while (theElement != null) { selectedPosX += theElement.offsetLeft; selectedPosY += theElement.offsetTop; theElement = theElement.offsetParent; } var tempelement = new Array(selectedPosX, selectedPosY, tmpw, tmph); return tempelement; } function plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(Xwidth, Yheight, divid) { var scrolledX, scrolledY; if (self.pageYOffset) { scrolledX = self.pageXOffset; scrolledY = self.pageYOffset; } else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.scrollTop) { scrolledX = document.documentElement.scrollLeft; scrolledY = document.documentElement.scrollTop; } else if (document.body) { scrolledX = document.body.scrollLeft; scrolledY = document.body.scrollTop; } var centerX, centerY; if (self.innerHeight) { centerX = self.innerWidth; centerY = self.innerHeight; } else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientHeight) { centerX = document.documentElement.clientWidth; centerY = document.documentElement.clientHeight; } else if (document.body) { centerX = document.body.clientWidth; centerY = document.body.clientHeight; } var leftOffset = scrolledX + (centerX - Xwidth) / 2; var topOffset = scrolledY + (centerY - Yheight) / 2; var o = document.getElementById(divid); var r = o.style; r.position = "absolute"; r.top = topOffset + "px"; r.left = leftOffset + "px"; r.display = "block"; } function pluginalertShow(layerid) { document.getElementById(layerid).style.visibility = "visible"; document.getElementById(layerid).style.display = "block"; plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(280, 115, layerid); document.getElementById("plugin_btn_activate").focus(); } function pluginalerthide(layerid) { document.getElementById(layerid).style.visibility = "hidden"; document.getElementById(layerid).style.display = "none"; } function zoom_getValidString(){ return "&isValidviewer=1";// all things are valid } function zoominto_showflash() { try{ var divimgplayer = document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player"); divimgplayer.style.display = "block"; divimgplayer.style.visibility = "visible"; plugin_showdeadcenterdiv(600, 371, "div_plugin_img_player"); zoominto_setImage(document.getElementById("plugpanel").title); } catch (e) { } } function zoominto_closeflash() { var divimgplayer = document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player"); divimgplayer.style.display = "none"; divimgplayer.style.visibility = "hidden"; } function hidezoomicon(){ document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } function getMouseX( e ) { return e.pageX || ( e.clientX + ( document.documentElement.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollLeft ) ); } function getMouseY( e ) { return e.pageY || ( e.clientY + ( document.documentElement.scrollTop || document.body.scrollTop ) ); } function dhtmlLoadScript(url) { var e = document.createElement("script"); e.src = url; e.type="text/javascript"; // document.getElementByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(e); document.getElementById("addiv").appendChild(e); } function getactualimgdimensions(imgsrc){ zoomintoheavyImage = new Image(); zoomintoheavyImage.src = imgsrc var tempelement = new Array(zoomintoheavyImage.width, zoomintoheavyImage.height); return tempelement; } function plugin_run() { var image = document.getElementsByTagName("img"); var totimgLength=image.length; zoominto_initializelements(); for (var i = 0; i < image.length; i++) { if (image[i].className.match("myplug_img")){ image[i].onmouseout = function (evt) { document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } }// Zoom icon hidden zoomarrdim= getactualimgdimensions(image[i].src); //arrdim[0] - width arrdim[1] - height if (!image[i].className.match("myplug_img") && zoomarrdim[0] > 50 && zoomarrdim[1] > 60) { image[i].onmouseover = function () {imgvals = zoominto_GetElementPostion(this); document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.display = "block";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "visible";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.left = imgvals[0] + "px";document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.top = imgvals[1] + "px";document.getElementById("plugpanel").title = this.src;}; image[i].onmouseout = function (evt) { imgvals = zoominto_GetElementPostion(this); strx=imgvals[0]; stry=imgvals[1]; endx=imgvals[0] +imgvals[2] ; endy=imgvals[1] + imgvals[3]; tmpcurx=evt.pageX; tmpcury=evt.pageY; if(tmpcurx > strx && tmpcurx < endx && tmpcury > stry && tmpcury < endy ){ l=1 } else{ document.getElementById("plugpanel").style.visibility = "hidden"; } }; }// End of Condition Image smaller if(zoomarrdim[0] == 1 && zoomarrdim[1] == 1){ // remove Image element image[i].style.display="none"; image[i].style.visibility="hidden"; } } } function zoominto_URLEncode(clearString) { var output = ""; var x = 0; clearString = clearString.toString(); var regex = /(^[a-zA-Z0-9_.]*)/; while (x < clearString.length) { var match = regex.exec(clearString.substr(x)); if (match != null && match.length > 1 && match[1] != "") { output += match[1]; x += match[1].length; } else { if (clearString[x] == " ") { output += "+"; } else { var charCode = clearString.charCodeAt(x); var hexVal = charCode.toString(16); output += "%" + (hexVal.length < 2 ? "0" : "") + hexVal.toUpperCase(); } x++; } } return output; } function Closeiepluginpanel() { closeflash(); } function zoominto_setImage(txturl) { zoominto_changeobject(txturl); } function logme(txtstr) { // try { //alert(txtstr); return ""; } function zoominto_changeobject(url) { //Method to Display the Viewer for Image trkval = "?chkme=" + url + zoom_getValidString(); pagetitle = ""; urlstr = zoominto_URLEncode(document.location); document.getElementById("div_plugin_img_player").innerHTML = "<div onmousedown="zoominto_dragStart(event