Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In Honor of Alaska Deb, an idea

Options

Comments

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm in just give me the word on the final subject line.

• Deb-from-Ohio
    Deb-from-Ohio Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2009
    Options

Heres the link to the myspace page..I plan on adding a few pics of alaska deb to it.......anyone else have any other pics they want added of others, email them to me at d.caudill@fuse.net and let me know the name of the person and all.......

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=449143750 

If there is anything you feel needs to be changed, please by all means let me know.......it won't hurt my feelings, and sorry Ladies, I just couldn't make it pink..........

Hugs

Deb

• 1Cathi
    1Cathi Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hi everyone -I am in, I just went to the contact us on The Presidents site - we are limited to 500 charace=ters, thats not alot with all we have/can and want to say.

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2009
    Options

Deb...you can now use the myspace site to send a bulletin to everyone who "friends" you about the mass email date of February 14th and they can forward the email to all their friends.  Good way to spread the news.

• Daffodil
    Daffodil Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm in!!! Just talked to Tammy in Alaska......no one knew she was so sick; she just went about her cheerful days....

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

Newvickie, LOL I have a myspace page, added myself, then sent out a bulletin to all of my friends.....alot of my friends will go there and send a friend request........and most of them will send the bulletin out again.........

Deb

• Monique
    Monique Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2009
    Options

I definately will participate in the mass email.  I will also talk to my friends, daughters, etc. and ask them to participate too!  I agree that someone who is really good with organization needs to head up this project so that we can all be on the same page.  Unfortunately I am not good at those things - but I can send an email and I have lot's of friends who can too.

What a great idea :)

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited January 2009
    Options

We can also write to our respective state senators, female OR male.   Can someone come up with a letter we can copy and paste, with all the pertinent information we want and NEED to say?    

If you agree, we could all sign it  with our name and " Cancer Warrior "...    

• Traci-----TripNeg
    Traci-----TripNeg Member Posts: 567
    edited January 2009
    Options

Let's not forget about Twitter ladies!! I know it wasn't Barack doing the postings (prolly) but his Twitter account was definitely active during his campaign! We can all Tweet the heck out of him as well!!

I'm off to get out MySpace.......I'm scared.....lol. (My nieces are all over that!!! They might freak if they see me on there~!!!)

Hugs everybody,

Traci

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

LOLTraci, I have a myspace page and have for years, started out to watch my granddaughter, but found a lot of my friends on there! LOL........it's alot of fun!

• BooBee
    BooBee Member Posts: 288
    edited January 2009
    Options

Count me in.  Just let me know.

Good idea Deb.

• BooBee
    edited January 2009
    Options

Deb  Maybe you could edit the original post at the top with the final details.  Just a thought.

• BooBee
    edited January 2009
    Options

Deb's birthday is on February 4th.

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

Renee,

Actually we have no final details...LOL....don't know what our subject line will be, although I believe if we all use the same subject line, they will pass over alot of them and not actually read them....but then I may be wrong too.....On the other hand, a single subject line shows solidarity. Myself I prefer the solidarity, there's strength in numbers!

.....Two details are we KNOW we will be doing this Feb 14th and there is a myspace page advertising it........ www.myspace.com/curebreastcancernow   (You do not need to belong to myspace to view this page)

Ladies, we have had two subject lines mentioned, how about some more ideas?

Love, hugs and prayers and going for chemo today

Deb

• newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited January 2009
    Options

I am getting here late but I want to be part of this.

• mkibbetson
    mkibbetson Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2009
    Options

How bout something like - We'd LOVE a CURE

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

Everyminute, I think you have it!!!!!!!! That sounds awesome and being as no one else is coming up with anything, we will use that one!!!!!!!!!!!! Fits right in with the theme Love and our mission......ok that's it ladies, we now have a subject line!!! wooooo hooooooooooo.................................

• mkibbetson
    mkibbetson Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2009
    Options

yay!

I am sorry to say that I didnt know Deb but I admired her spirit and sense of humor from her posts.  As a mother of two teen girls also - I appreciated all that she did to keep life as normal as possible for them and seems to have lived life to the fullest - something I strive for every day.

God bless us all.

So - we have a subject and a date. Any suggestions on content?

• JulieC
    JulieC Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm in, too!  I'll keep watching for the details.  Thanks for starting this!

Julie

• newvickie
    edited January 2009
    Options

Deb...I went and copied your great post on Myspace and sent a bulletin to everyone on my myspace. 

Will do the emails when we get a subject line...still thinking.

• newvickie
    edited January 2009
    Options

Ok...just had a good question from Jennifer...if we all send mass emails on February 14th will it be perceived as "spam" and will all of our emails go into a spam folder and be deleted?

Sound like it could happen...I am thinking we could possibly avoid this by making our own subject line.  If the emails come with different subject lines they may be less likely to be seen as spam. 

I also think we should include ALL cancers.  It would be good if we all had a short...to the point story (a paragraph at the most) about someone we have lost to cancer that changed our lives.  We could then include what is written on Deb's Myspace after that paragraph so that it is shown that this is a group effort.

Hugs

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

I wondered the same thing about the subject line, and it they know what they're all about, will they even read them all?  Big dlilemna.............

• newvickie
    edited January 2009
    Options

I think that if an email is sent the day before explaining what we are trying to do in a kind considerate manner then they will read what they receive.  I do think we should all have a different "subject line"...have a short paragraph about how cancer has changed our lives or the lives of those we love and then the following from Deb's myspace...

We are a group of women battling Breast Cancer on Breastcancer. org. (or a friend of someone on Breastcancer.org)
    We recently lost a dear friend, one of the most encouraging, loving, upbeat people you could ever talk to. Alaska Deb......So this email will honor her, along with the millions of others whom this disease has taken from us.

We're fed up with losing people to this disease. We're tired of hearing that one day there will be a cure, we want a cure now.....Too many wonderful women have passed away from this. Enough studies, clinical trials, new chemo's....a cure is what we want.

Sincerely,

*********************************************************************************************************

I could write the "preliminary" February 13th letter and hopefully it will reach the right person to allow all the other emails to come through.  I could also attempt to place a call to the White House the day before explaining our plan. 

Open to any suggestions

• Traci-----TripNeg
    Traci-----TripNeg Member Posts: 567
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hey all,

I just got off the phone with John. He knows. The whole (little) town is talking about us. A reporter called him and everything.

He was thrilled about what we are doing, and he read through some of the posts on Deb's Angel thread and is very moved by the number of people on here that loved Deb and the messages.

He was laughing like crazy (thought it was great!) about us contacting Obama and Palin and is so greatful for the "rally" we are creating in honor of Deb. He said that this is exactly something Deb would do and he is just loving all of it.

He said he would be sending us some links relating to Deb's service. Stories being read, video, etc. I can't wait to see that.

Hugs everybody,

Traci

I'm going to post this message on the other threads so everybody can see it k?

• cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    edited January 2009
    Options

me too - I'm in!

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

Vickie~ only prob with that is 1Cathi checked, there is  a maximum of 500 characters you can use to send emails to the white house.............note not words, characters........we need to come up with something good in that amount of characters............

Deb

• cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited January 2009
    Options

I agree that many e-mails with the same subject line might not get read. What if the subject lines were some combination of names and dates, for example:

Colleen C, dx with cancer 5/05

Ferne D, taken by cancer 2008

Too long? Too random?

I like the idea of saying how our lives have been touched by cancer, and then all end with the same paragraph.

• Deb-from-Ohio
    edited January 2009
    Options

Or we could head it with our name and all such as

Deb Caudill dx with cancer 10/2009  that would be a great idea don't ya think??

• Jenniferz
    Jenniferz Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2009
    Options

I kind of like this idea, Deb.  All of us posting our names will make it have more of an impact --- make it more personal. JMHO.  And, if they know that this is coming, they will be able to see us "coming" and read the emails.

Edited for this question---While this would work for us, what would the people use as a subject that haven't been diagnosed? Use a common one?  Goes back to the spam thing...

Jennifer

• BooBee
    edited January 2009
    Options

I like that Deb. Or the name of someone you know with cancer.

I did mean to edit once the final details had been confirmed.  Sorry for the confusion.

Best wishes at chemo today.

Renee