Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NEW Oncotype Dx Roll Call Thread

Options

Comments

• farmerjo
    farmerjo Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2015
    Options

Bump!

• SchoolCounselor
    SchoolCounselor Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2015
    Options

Oesgirl I had a score of 12 and had chemo. Most of the studies are done on older women and primarily Caucasian. I was 44 when diagnosed and do not fit into the above categories , somy doctor felt given that I should have chemo. I went to Slone Kettering for my second opinion and they also reccomended chemo.

While it is important to be aware of those trials as guides to our treatment. There are other factors to consider and I am grateful that our doctors still look at all of the individual factors we bring to the table and use those to make recommendations.

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited May 2015
    Options

1st time around, my oncotype was 16; 4 rounds of TC. 18 months later, with my recurrence, they tested just one of 2 tumors. The one they tested had a Ki67 of 19; the oncotype was 40! The second tumor had a Ki67 of 40. I do not think I would have even wanted to know the oncotype of that one. It is irrelevant because chemo was in the cards again anyway. Just finished the AC portion.......thankfully!

• farmerjo
    edited May 2015
    Options

KBee - It truly is frightening to see that even with negative nodes, bmx, AND chemo, you can have a recurrence. I see where women with negative nodes develop Stage IV. It truly is a crap-shoot.

Wishing you the best.

• aug242007
    aug242007 Member Posts: 186
    edited May 2015
    Options

I would go for a second opinion.  Although you could do chemo, it would be of very little benefit.  Remember the doctors make a tremendous amount of money off of chemo.

• aug242007
    edited May 2015
    Options

Just fyi, I thought that the TAILORx study results would be available in 2015 but according to the website for clinical trials it will not be available until December 2017.

• farmerjo
    edited May 2015
    Options

It will be interesting to see the results of that study.

Sadly, I've seen women in here that had a low Oncotype go to Stage IV. Scared

• Positive_spirit
    Positive_spirit Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    Options

My oncologist said that at a recent conference researchers presented that both the control and intervention groups of TAILORx study participants are doing well at this time. More time is needed to see differences between the groups. However, it's a great sign that both groups are doing well. YEAH!

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited May 2015
    Options

Contacted one of the researchers with respect to the December 2017 date reported on the clinical trials website for TAILORX. The TAILORX trial's data will be announced later this year in Vienna in September and at San Antonio in December of 2015. A manuscript will also be sent to The New England Journal of Medicine.

The confusion about the December 2017 date is because the researchers recommended additional follow up. So ADDITIONAL data will be released in December of 2017.

• aug242007
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thanks so much for the info.  Looking for to the results.

• Chloesmom
    Chloesmom Member Posts: 626
    edited May 2015
    Options

17% - 25 (Chloesmom)BLM. SNB , T/C x 4),

• OxfordLady1
    OxfordLady1 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Options

Just got my score: 21. This gives me 13% chance of recurrence but as I'm 67 (!) it also shows that if I did chemo I would have the same exact 13% recurrence....so I'm hoping that's good news - I meet with my doctors on Friday to discuss - I thought it was a bit strange to get this in an email but then thought perhaps they wouldn't have given me the results that way if it had been worse news...I'm thankful that chemo looks unlikely - just radiation and hormones. Any other oldies out there who can share their experiences?

• Midgiemoon
    Midgiemoon Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

My score is 15. My MO told me if I were her sister she would not recommend chemo. She did tell me about the tailor x study, but it isn't being offered where I am being treated. I am beginning radiation next week and will be on tamoxifen after that....

Thanks for the thread, this is very interesting.

~Midgie

• 123JustMe
    123JustMe Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Midgiemoon happy your Onco score was low and you can bypass chemo!
  • farmerjo
    edited July 2015
    Options

Midgiemoon...who is your MO? I go to St. Joe's in Towson.

• patrn10
    patrn10 Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2015
    Options

23 for me. Strongly considering chemo. Age 52.

• treelilac
    treelilac Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2015
    Options

first tumor: no Oncotype done

second tumor: Oncotype = 11 (8%), no chemo

• gentianviolet
    gentianviolet Member Posts: 105
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oxfordlady - I was 69 when diagnosed (now 75) and my oncotype was an 11. I did not do chemo but did radiation and tamoxifen. I only lasted for 4.5 years on the tamoxifen because I could not tolerate the side effects any longer. However there certainly are lots of women who do not have side effects so my hope is that what ever they put you on.... you will have little to no problems. Good luck to you, sending good thoughts.

• lynn61
    lynn61 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oncotype 16

• ALittleBitBritish
    ALittleBitBritish Member Posts: 415
    edited August 2015
    Options

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oncotype 36. Started TC August 14 (4 rds every 3rd Friday)

• aug242007
    edited September 2015
    Options

Any word on the TAILORX info from Vienna?

• 123JustMe
    123JustMe Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2015
    Options

I believe I saw it posted on another thread that the outcomes will be announced on Sept 28th.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited September 2015
    Options

yep! Sept 28!

• jctreehugger
    jctreehugger Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2015
    Options

I don't know if folks have seen this brochure from Genomic Health, but I found it very helpful in thinking about my options. It's a brochure called "Chemo or No Chemo" put out by Genomic Health and presents the data on benefits of different adjuvant therapies. Some of the graphs showed up in my Oncotype report, but this gave me the bigger picture.

The link should allow you to download the pdf. It's from 2010 so it has most of the major studies included.

Link to Genomic Health Chemo or no Chemo brochure

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2015
    Options

JC--Thanks for the link! I am almost three years post diagnosis and had a BMX in February 2013. My oncotype score was a 6. I was a Stage IIA with 1 positive node, ER+/PR+/HER+ and chose Herceptin only, tamoxifen, total hysterectomy, and then Femara (Letrozole). I have my annual breast MRI coming up at the end of November so I am getting nervous. Whenever I start to get worried, I do a little research. This brochure made me feel better about my choices.

• patrn10
    patrn10 Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2015
    Options

LoriWNY, Just curious why you had an oncotype being HER2+?

• MarieTherese
    MarieTherese Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2015
    Options

My came back 12 - no chemo recommended

I also had a ki-67 of 35 so I was pleasantly surprised that that the oncotype came in low. I was highlyER/ PR positive though- over 90 percent for both

33 rads and then tamoxifen

MT

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited October 2015
    Options

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,317
    edited October 2015
    Options

Sandy here. Age 64 at dx (will be 65 in Jan. 2016). 10 yrs. post-menopausal. OncotypeDX score 16. L LMP w/SNB. Starting APBI (16 tx) Nov. 2015; FM Jan. 2016.