Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wardrobe pics for boobless days

Options

Comments

• starzhere
    starzhere Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2010
    Options

Linda you look great!  I hope it's O.K. if I say that you are more stylish and look younger than you did when you posted your original photos.  Way to go!

~elaine~

• LindaLou53
    LindaLou53 Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2010
    Options

starzhere wrote:

Linda you look great!  I hope it's O.K. if I say that you are more stylish and look younger than you did when you posted your original photos.  Way to go!

~elaine~

Elaine... of course it's OK!  Thanks!  I feel better the further I get away from treatment.  Plus this year I finally decided to wage war against my weight gain and have lost 30lbs since January.  That is motivating me to pay more attention to my clothes and appearance in general. This July is the 10 year anniversary of my first BC and November will be the 5 year anniversary of my second BC so I think its time to reward myself a little with a healthier body and some new clothes!   Smile

• BoobsinaBox
    BoobsinaBox Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2010
    Options

Congratulations, LindaLou!!!

• lovemygarden
    lovemygarden Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2010
    Options

It's been a while since the last post in this topic, but I wanted to let everyone know that I was in Dress Barn yesterday and they have a lot of new stuff in fall colors. One thing I picked up is a sleeveless top with a fairly large "soft pleat" falling down from the neckline. It's dressier looking than something that is gathered uniformly all the way across, and the fabric is I'd say midway between casual and dressy and so could work for either. Colors are beige, chocolate brown, and aqua, with details in black; so it would go with any of those four colors in pants or skirt. It could be worn in warm weather by itself, and later on with a jacket or something over it. I don't have the means to post photos but the SKU number on the tag is 0799791, price $32.99 -- would be less if you happen to have coupons of course. The item name on my receipt is "Safari Signal".

I also bought a couple of 100% cotton button-down shirts, one in a grey/white pinstripe with 3/4 sleeves and a removeable self tie belt; very soft fabric, very comfy, kind of like a guy's shirt or painter's shirt but with shaping darts in the back. SKU #0806174, regular price $26.99, on sale for 30% off, so $18.89. Item name is "3/4 Belted Stripe".

The other shirt is a bright vibrant funky kind of print (orange/turquoise/yellow but they have the same shirt in two other different prints and different color combos) that also has a button and an interior tab on the upper part of the sleeves, so you can roll the sleeves up from full wrist length to 1/3 length and they'll stay put. It looks really good with the front tied in a knot under the boob(less) area; poofs it out nicely and there's no flatness at all. Can also be worn full length for layering, because it (and the pinstripe one too) is very generous lengthwise. This shirt seems to run large; normally I'm a Medium but in this shirt that was way too big and I took a Small instead. SKU #0365478, regular price $29.99, on sale for 30% off so $20.99. Item name is "RTB Button Multi" in Orange.
    Yes, I was a Bad Girl that day. I even bought (*gasp!*) chocolate on the way home!!!  Tongue out  Which didn't even make it as far as my front door before being devoured, LOL !

• starzhere
    edited September 2010
    Options

I love this thread and I'm just bumpin it up.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited September 2010
    Options

hey you guys..heres a new one (maybe just to me?) met a girl at onco's office.we were "unstuffing our bras HOW inappropriate, doing our own showntell.. she has shower puffs that she just cut flat on back, so theyre flatter, and stuffs them in her masect. bra.. i tried it.. great for pool.  sweeze them out, just like in shower. i added velcro for my bras, and swimsuit.am cking on softees, too, since u guys recommend them. its so hot this yr in ft.laud, i dont want anything unless going "out"  light and love, 3jaysmom

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited September 2010
    Options

hey FAITH>> your much more spiritual in nature than me.. i woulda swung.. i have had plle ask me to "see".. some friends, some not . i always answer..ok, you go first..works like a charm. i'm sorry there are such RUDE people inlife..sorry you found one.. light and love, 3jaysmom

• take_two
    take_two Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Options

Sorry I don't have a pic yet, but I just got a great summer dress at Title Nine that looks pretty good breast free.  It's gathered in the center of the chest which makes it work well. It also has a shelf bra if anyone wants to get creative with their shower scrunchy.  www.titlenine.com  Under dresses look for the Impress Dress.  Under bathing suits the Stay Put and Salvation bikini or takini worked pretty well too.  Summer's coming, I hope!

• seafoobs
    seafoobs Member Posts: 127
    edited February 2011
    Options

This thread is great.  Thank you all!

• Faithroad
    Faithroad Member Posts: 165
    edited May 2011
    Options

Awesome thread!  Thank you everyone, I'm not so nervous about thaving my implants removed now.  *Big sigh of relief*

• starzhere
    edited July 2011
    Options

Time for a Bump

• Karina
    Karina Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2011
    Options

Thanks everyone. This thread is awesome. 

Just want to share my trick. I had left mast. in January. No reconstruction yet and not sure If I want to go thru more surgery... But anyway my summer dresses and tops are mainly low cut. I was so concerned about summer time, which is so hot where I am ( in Armenia ) , and there is no way HERE to go without a bra. My trick is: I wear the prosthesis bra and small tops matching the mail color of my dress or blouse.They cover the 'dangerous' area of my chest and I CAN wear all my dresses. BTW it even looks stylish and I feel very comfy and secure.Wink                                          Karina

• robinlbe
    robinlbe Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2011
    Options

Ladies, I just shared this on another thread, but it bears repeating....just came from our mall's New York and Company store.  There are ever so many tops that are perfect for us with no reconstruction!  I tried on two and *I* couldn't even tell I was totally flat (I no longer wear my forms).  They are having a sale, too.....BUY ONE, GET THE SECOND AT 50% OFF.  I would have loved to have gotten more, but the budget is limited.....you know how *that* is.....

blessings...robin

• firebird
    firebird Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Options

FYI for those who tend to avoid synthetics (nylon, polyester, etc) and prefer all-cotton for comfort and coolness, this summer Jones New York Signature produced a really nice 100% linen button-front sleeveless blouse with a ruffled not-too-deep-V neckline. Very smooth weave linen that feels incredibly comfortable against skin! I found the white one on sale at Macy's a couple of weeks ago, and also a lime-green-and-white small-check version at the local Jones NY Outlet store at Tanger. Unlike the synthetics, the fabric has enough substance not to just "hang limp" in front, while still being super soft and comfortable. Sorry I can't find an online pic anywhere. :-(

It's a challenge to find 100% cotton ruffle front tops that are not so thin and flimsy that they seem like they wouldn't survive more than a couple of washings, or that cling to the body too much (which nylon and poly also tend to do).

Added p.s.: Just got back home from checking out sales at Lord & Taylor. They too have the Jones NY Signature ruffled blouse on sale, and they carry it in white, navy blue, and bright turquoise. Original price $64, interim markdown to $47.99, less 25% current sale = $36, then less 20% off coupon, final price $28.80 plus tax. :-)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited July 2011
    Options

I can't wear cotton! It's all stiff on me. I need the 'give' of the man-mades....sigh. I know I sweat in them more but at least they move when I do.

• firebird
    firebird Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Options

Isn't it amazing how we all react differently to fabrics? :-) The 'sweatiness' of the synthetics is something I can't deal with but I also find that the synthetics are often too clingy to a flat front and so unless there are other design elements (either ruffles or a print IMHO those emphasize flatness rather than minimize it. I've discovered that a vertical stripe draws attention to flatness, while horizontal ones seem to fool the eye. And a top with TOO many ruffles makes me look like some kind of geriatric Pollyanna, LOL ... not a good look for me. ;-) I can't carry off busy or bold-color prints either. I gravitate toward the understated styles, natural fabrics, and soft blends of color.

But I am fussy about what kind of cotton; I don't like the soft filmy cottons (voile) for 'public wear' unless I can wear them loose over a tank top. On the other hand I don't like the very stiff sateen cottons either. I find some (not all) of the 100% cotton shirts from Coldwater Creek and Talbots have enough substance to them to not lie flat and clingy in front if not tucked into a waistband, and will also poof out enough to look "foob-ish" when tucked in. I put back far more cotton tops than I buy, even so! :-)

I don't even like ALL linens: many are a semi-scratchy weave. The JonesNY top is very very finely woven though, and feels almost as smooth as any high-thread-count bedsheet. :-)

• starzhere
    edited July 2011
    Options

Firebird, I can't wear synthetic fabrics unless their is snow on the ground.  LOL  I feel like I'm perspiring in a plastic bag.  I have to have fabric that breathes.

• Starak
    Starak Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2011
    Options

Barb Xmas 2011

I thought it would be fun to reactivate this thread.

Barb

• Starak
    edited December 2011
    Options

Barb Xmas 2011

Thought it would be fun to reactivate this thread.  Hopefully the picture now works.  Still wearing a ¼" silicone pad from the dog ear removal surgery but no foobs.

Barb

• Erica
    Erica Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2011
    Options

What a nice photo! You look so elegant. Thanks for sharing.

• BoobsinaBox
    BoobsinaBox Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2011
    Options

Stunning, Starak!  Thanks for sharing!

Dawn 

• lilylady
    lilylady Member Posts: 478
    edited December 2011
    Options

You look fabulous. I had my bilatmx in Aug and found all kinds of summer stuff that was flattering. All the peasanty floaty things were the style. Have been way less succesful with winter stuff. I thought it would be the opposite. I did find a couple of sweaters that look nice but I hate the way my stomach looks now. It isn;t that big but no breasts makes it look bigger.

Starak you inspire me to do better!!

• Starak
    edited December 2011
    Options

Lilylady:  I have lost nearly 50 lbs and have an extra skin roll around the middle which is why I have become such a fan of wide belts which serve to minimize the problem and give the illusion of an hourglass figure.  Here is another photo taken the next day.  Again foobless though do have the ¼" silicone pad.  This one seems to make me look a whole lot thicker in the middle than the other one.

Barb 2011 purple bl

Barb

• barbe1958
    edited December 2011
    Options

You do NOT look thick!!! Your arms are slender, so you'll always look svelte. You look wonderful and carry your new look well! Congrats!!

• barbe1958
    edited December 2011
    Options

Another trick, I use gorgeous earrings to draw the eye up....

• Starak
    edited December 2011
    Options

I have had good luck with creating focal points most anywhere.  Today I am wearing a t-shirt with the local college team name in big bold letters right across the chest.  There's so much attention on the team logo that what is missing underneath isn't even noticed.  Essentially hiding in plain sight. 

• barbe1958
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yep, that's my logic too Barbara!! Hidden in plain sight....I think that's why no one catches it with me. I even had one young girl (20 or so) who found out say "But you walk around just like normal!" Was too cute a comment to get offended by! I like to say that I walk around like I have the best two out there!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2011
    Options

LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV seeing this thread in the active list!!!!!!!!!!!

Starak. You look sooooooooooooooo fabulous!!

Seriously. Not in a million years.

Nice to meet you & very sweet of you to think to get some new holiday inspiration for any newbies.

I'm nearing my 2 years of being totally flat. I too use some little 'fluffies' to take away the indent and bring me just past flat. I have found myself going totally 'flat' (which means dented) around the house on a pretty regular basis these days.

I'm so much less hyper about any of it. So that's been apparently about an 18 month 'acceptance' rate -- to not even caring if I have the fluffies in place.

Your pictures are absolutely awesome!!!!!

I found a perfect dress to wear to hubby's reunion, which I have since worn to a wedding. I need to go find the picture to share here.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Tonight I have a company xmas party I will try and remember to get someone to take a ohoto of me in this JonesNewyork dress.It can be worn with or without foobs.Best of all I got it on sale at an outlet for 30$Laughing
  • barbe1958
    edited December 2011
    Options

Mum, do not tell me that you were at the Cookstown Outlet Mall, about 10 minutes from my house, and didn't tell me!!! I look forward to pix from both you chix....ehehehehehehe