Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited April 2020
    Options

I was not knowledgeable about this before the pandemic, but now we have a recitation of the Act of Spiritual Communion at online mass (as no doubt is the case at all online masses) https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/devotions/act-of-spiritual-communion-339

We'll all emerge as theologians by the end Winking

Love the Last Supper. A chuckle to help us all along.

here's one my son sent me

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited April 2020
    Options

So glad we have relatively easy access to at lest one Scrament.

• superius
    superius Member Posts: 310
    edited April 2020
    Options

I saw the Last Supper one with caption: "OK. Hello everyone. Judas, you on?"

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 658
    edited April 2020
    Options

This is a reading that I love for Good Friday through Easter. May the darkness of Good Friday pave the way for the revelation of the empty grave and our redemption.

Silence is Not Absence

Jesus is silent on Saturday. The women have anointed his body and placed it in Joseph's tomb. The cadaver of Christ is as mute as the stone which guards it. He spoke much on Friday. He will liberate the slaves of death on Sunday. But on Saturday, Jesus is silent.

So is God. He made himself heard on Friday. He tore the curtains of the temple, opened the graves of the dead, rocked the earth, blocked the sun of the sky, and sacrificed the Son of Heaven. Earth heard much of God on Friday.

Nothing on Saturday. Jesus is silent. God is silent. Saturday is silent.

Easter weekend discussions tend to skip Saturday. Friday and Sunday get the press. The crucifixion and resurrection command our thoughts. But don't ignore Saturday. You have them, too.

Silent Saturdays. The day between the struggle and the solution; the question and the answer; the offered prayer and the answer thereof.

Saturday's silence torments us. Is God angry? Did I disappoint him? God knows Jesus is in the tomb, why doesn't He do something? Or, in your case God knows your career is in the tank, your finances are in the pit, your marriage is in a mess. Why doesn't He act? What are you supposed to do until He does?

You do what Jesus did. Lie still. Stay silent. Trust God. Jesus died with this conviction: "You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay" (Acts 2:27 NIV).

Jesus knew God would not leave him alone in the grave. You need to know, God will not leave you alone with your struggles. His silence is not his absence, inactivity is never apathy. Saturdays have their purpose. They let us feel the full force of God's strength. Had God raised Jesus fifteen minutes after the death of His son, would we have appreciated the act? Were He to solve your problems the second they appear, would you appreciate His strength?

For His reasons, God inserts a Saturday between our Fridays and Sundays. If today is one for you, be patient. As one who endured the silent Saturday wrote: "Be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord" (James 5:7 NKJV).

Max Lucado

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2020
    Options

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2020
    Options

I just discovered this forum today thanks to one of your posters who posted on another site. Just want to say thank you Feeling feline for the sweet poem and video by Brother Manning.

I have the Laudate App and Word on Fire is posting daily mass there, I also just discovered last week, maybe God is trying to tell me something.

Easter Blessings to all of you,

Faith (in the future).

• mcbaker
    edited April 2020
    Options

I am also a fan of Laudate (and Universalis) and Bishop Barron's Facebook pages. This massive slowdown of life gives us more chances to practice devotions. I am now using my online calendar to remind me of rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, stations, and various online masses, as well as morning readings from Laudate and Universalis. In between that and walking my dog and making masks, I am actually busy.

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2020
    Options

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2020
    Options

He is not here, for he has risen, praise the Lord! | He has risen

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2020
    Options

A beautiful Taizé hymn recorded for Easter Sunday 2020 by young people all over the world who have previously visited the monastery at Taizé. A couple of DS's Taizé friends involved!

• sunnyjay
    sunnyjay Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hello all, it's been a while since I visited this site and starting to be more active since I am having reconstruction to exchange an expander I've had for 3 years for an implant. My surgery is scheduled for May 27th and want to start a novena this Sunday but I don't know which one to do. I'm looking for a novena to help with strength since I'll be alone (no visitors at all), healing, and hope. Any suggestions?

• iamloved
    iamloved Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2020
    Options

This morning I received the news of a recurrence in the same breast as before. And I have to wait until June 8th for further tests at Mayo which means the surgery will probably be scheduled towards the end of June. But who knows. I am asking for prayers to accept this for the second time. This first time I was dx I looked at it as a great mercy from Jesus because I have not always lived as I should have. He gave me a chance to evaluate my life and for almost 2 years I have felt great. Now today I am afraid. I know there is nothing I can do to gain salvation... He did that already but I am so afraid that I will lose that salvation because of unforgiveness towards others. Please pray for me to find a way to humble myself before Him and rest in His peace. I will offer prayers for all on this form also.🙏😇🙏

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2020
    Options

Iamloved the waiting must be very difficult. I will pray for you. XXX

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2020
    Options

Sunnyjay there is a site called Pray More Novenas which has a wonderful selction. I will post a link

https://www.praymorenovenas.com/novenas

XXX

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    edited May 2020
    Options

Iamloved,

I am sorry to hear your news; I hope your doctors find a treatment path that works for you. I always pray for my BCO sisters, but I will pray especially for you. ((Hugs))

• mcbaker
    edited May 2020
    Options

Iamloved, my prayers are for you. The breast cancer clinic at Mayo in LaCrosse was great for me.

I got a new TV, 30 inch, and I am able to stream Bishop Barron's masses onto it. Definitely much more "real." Our Diocese is going to begin having Masses next month, with many limitations. I would suppose no Sunday obligation, any day will do. It has been such an empty place in my life. It will be so fulfilling to be able to participate in reality.

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2020
    Options

MC I can believe you about the mass being better on the big screen, am using about a 18" screen, which is not small but its defo not like the real thing. bishop Barron is very popular here too.

• sunnyjay
    sunnyjay Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2020
    Options

Feelingfeline, thanks for the website! I also reached out to my parish priest and he suggested the novena to St. Therese. So I will be praying that starting tomorrow and will offer everyone's intentions as well.

"LET US NOT GROW TIRED OF PRAYER. CONFIDENCE WORKS MIRACLES."

-SAINT THERESE

• mysticalcity
    mysticalcity Member Posts: 184
    edited May 2020
    Options

Iamloved,

I am so sorry to hear about your recurrence. I will be praying for you, your healing and for your physicians who will be treating you. Like ElaineTherese I also always pray everyday for my BCO sisters, but will offer up prayers especially for you. We can never know why crosses are sent for us to bear. Try to pray the rosary if you can and also Psalm 91--the rosary is definitely powerful. My sister had just recently sent me a book Psalm 91--real life stories of God's Shield of Protection--by Peggy Joyce Ruth. This Psalm is also very powerful. The author is not Catholic--she is Christian, but the miracles in the book are very powerful.

• iamloved
    iamloved Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thank you Mysticalcity for the prayers. I often prayer for BCO sisters who may be in purgatory. I know our Lord brings many home daily! I do like psalm 91 as one of my favorite hymns is Eagle's Wings!! This waiting for 3 weeks to get more testsand possible treatment plan is a cross in itself. 🎶Lord teach us to be patience....even as we wait🎶 Another favorite Hymn! I will ask my guardian angel "Louy" to take to the altar in heaven my prayers for you today!

• mysticalcity
    mysticalcity Member Posts: 184
    edited May 2020
    Options

lamoloved--thanks so much for the prayers! hugs and prayers continue for you!.

• mcbaker
    edited May 2020
    Options

Went to Mass last night. It was by reservation, they filled the back first, so I went in later to "hear" better. The echoes were distracting, and the sun was shining in my face, so I had to put my hand up to be able to lipread. I had no problem paying attention to my first Mass in months. My post-Communion experience was intense. I pray that all of you return soon.

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2020
    Options

Great news MC!

This weekend we had a conference online that was due to have been a real live conference hosted by the Dominican Friary in Cork. They managed to put the entire event live online including daily mass, the international speakers Fr, Mike Schmitz and Dr. Scott Hahn speaking from the US, and interactive questioning online. Said to DH this morning after listening (I found listening via bluetooth was acually better than watching) all weekend I actually feel as if I attended a conference - same joy and immersion! Wonderful that they managed it under the circumstances.

• mcbaker
    edited June 2020
    Options

Wow! That had to have been great!

• Astrid
    Astrid Member Posts: 1,033
    edited December 2020
    Options

hi gals!

Back around the threads for a bit with a couple of issues. Writing to you whilst I wait for my surgical onc appt.😁

Gonna ask for comfort scans. see what I can get. I want to share a couple of photos I was sent from Fr Dan in Assisi. So beautiful.

One of their 40' tree this year and the other of a Giotto fresco in lower basilica being projected to upper basilica wall.

Hope you enjoy them and that you are all well.

All good blessings

Astrid.🎄🙏🕊

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi Astrid, what a beautiful scene with the projected fresco.

This is the outdoor crib at our parish Office.

First Sunday in Advent (churches were still closed as we were under high level lockdown on that date) AKA Bring your Cat to Mass Day.

(Alannah is happy to attend mass. Our other cat Elliott prefers wildlife programmes.)

Our Advent wreath the same day.

God willing you had a good appointment and that all will be well. XXX

• Astrid
    edited December 2020
    Options

thankyou F.F!😀

The cat who went to mass...

I feel a children's book coming on..

Gorgeous photos.

I love your advent wreath.

The visit was good...hip pain...x ray and u/sound show osteoarthritis.

Bone scan in a month..so not urgent...

A few other issues which surgeon thinks could all be explained by more arthritis in the body (sigh...)

And naturally my mind runs to other possibilities. See GP soon and will talk about what the hec having OA means for me, and will also ask if I can get a CT scan for peace of mind.

Tough Christmas ahead for many...we did a really tough lockdown here in Melbourne until recently. We got the numbers down to zero daily cases and zero active cases

So Going to midnite mass at St Patricks Cathedral here.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited December 2020
    Options

Beautiful pictures everyone! Merry Christmas!

• Astrid
    edited December 2020
    Options

joyeux noel JACK5IE

• mcbaker
    edited December 2020
    Options

My local parish started taking reservations for Christmas Mass last week. The bishop is allowing Masses in the afternoon of the 24th to be in fulfillment of the Christmas obligation. So I will be going at 2:00 pm. The numbers are high right now; positive test rate is 38%. People are not masking. I have decided to quit going to Tuesday evening Masses. It is really not safe to walk home in the dark, and cars are confined places if I get a ride with anyone. I might start getting the self-discipline of going to 8:00 AM masses on occasion.