Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thanks, moth. Will be praying for her.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2021
    Options

Moth, thank you so much for letting us know that AmyQ needs support in prayer. May God bless her and keep her ALWAYS.

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited October 2021
    Options

Prayers here, also.

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2021
    Options

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:

and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

Wishing everyone a happy, holy and safe Christmas.

• elainetherese
    edited December 2021
    Options

May be an image of flower and indoor

My parish church is ready to celebrate! Merry Christmas to all!

• tinkerbell107
    tinkerbell107 Member Posts: 289
    edited December 2021
    Options

thanks for the beautiful picture of your church. Unfortunately due to Covid cases in my area,I will be watching mass online. May the gift of Christmas be in your heart and mind always. With gratitude.

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2021
    Options

this year we put up a wooden nativity set which I got when my eldest was small. We remembered how in our previous house a camel from this set once fell off a mantlepiece directly into the fire below. Without thinking I snatched it out of the fire and both myself and the camel were (fortunately, miraculously) completely unharmed.

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2021
    Options

You can see the camels here!

Today we received an unexpected Christmas gift of a Child of Prague statue which makes and interesting juxtaposition with the scene! Nerdy

In Ireland there is an old rural tradition of putting the Child of Prague outside overnight before a wedding or important event, as a manifestation of a prayer for a fine day the next day. Well he certainly brought a change in the weather with him as today is beautiful, yesterday, Christmas Day we had rain and gales and a severe weather warning.

• feelingfeline
    edited December 2021
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited January 2022
    Options

Blessings to everyone on the Feast of the Epiphany

• mcbaker
    edited January 2022
    Options

And blessings for you!!

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

• elainetherese
    edited April 2022
    Options

Happy Easter, feelingfeline!

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

Happy Easter Elaine Therese and all on BC. orgimage

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

Our PP lighting the 2022 Paschal candle from the Paschal fireimage

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

Our church on Easter Sunday. It was such a joy to be ae to celebrate Easter as a community again (we were in lockdown with no public worship for both Easter 2020 and 2021) image

• feelingfeline
    edited April 2022
    Options

Easter 2021 (not that I am knocking bring-your-cat-to-mass, that bit was great.) image

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited March 2023
    Options

I just wondered who all has listened or is listening to the "Bible in a Year" podcast. I have been listening to it and on day 196. It's a great way to gain a better understanding of the Bible.

• tld2017
    tld2017 Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am so happy to see this group for Catholics! I did a search for one a few weeks ago and did not see this!

Cowgal, I'm listening to Father Mike Schmitz' Bible in a year and Catechism in a year, and I love them! I've read the Bible before, the year I was first diagnosed, but this is much better because Fr. Mike explains the difficult parts!

• weninwi
    weninwi Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2023
    Options

Cowgal and tld21017,

Nice to find some activity on this thread and like your suggestion about Father Mike Schmitz' Bible in a year.

• mcbaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

I did most of Bible in a Year, but I lacked the self-discipline to do the whole thing. It was good. I prefer Bible Study with a group of live peers.

• cowgal
    edited March 2023
    Options

I live in a rural area and can't make the time that they have Bible study in the town we travel to for church so the podcast has been great for me. I try to listen to it every morning on my drive to work but some days I have trouble concentrating on it and I will skip that morning and either listen to it later or try again the next day. I definitely see the benefit of listening to it or being in a Bible study class where things get explained that you don't pick up on when you are just reading on your own.

• tld2017
    edited March 2023
    Options

Just wanted to share a photo of Our Lady of Fatima with some daffodils from my garden. :)

• cowgal
    edited March 2023
    Options

That is beautiful!

• elainetherese
    edited March 2023
    Options

I haven't listened to "Bible in a Year," but I probably should! I feel like I know the New Testament so much better than the Old Testament, but know I should know more.

• mcbaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

He doesn't read straight through, as some parts are infinitely boring. It is a bit of this and a bit of that, but the map of the process shows that he did the whole Bible. The number of those participating in the first year broke some records. I was able to participate early, as my parish is closely tied to those media sources.

• cowgal
    edited March 2023
    Options

Like Mary said, the Bible in a Year podcast jumps around a little bit but you end up reading/hearing the whole Bible. Here is a link to how the reading plan is if people want to read along as well as listen: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1125/2740/files/the-official-365-day-reading-plan-for-the-bible-in-a-year_2.pdf?v=1611238365 .

• tld2017
    edited March 2023
    Options

I think I love the Catechism in a Year and Bible in a Year with Fr. Mike mostly just because of his calming voice, his explanations that are not over my head, and really just because he makes sense of a lot of what I've been confused about for my whole life - some of the Bible is truly difficult to understand! I listen to it on the Hallow app. Speaking of the Hallow app, I can press the emoji for my emotions that day and it'll give me some good prayers or meditations to listen to, to fit how I'm feeling at that moment, plus so much more. When my cancer overwhelms me, listening to prayers and meditations is my "go to" thing to calm down.

• mcbaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

I probably ought to try this again soon. Right now I have four church-related classes going on. Putting myself through a particularly rigorous Lent because of upcoming knee replacement surgery.