MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

((( FAITH)))

"even awful cookies are tremendous"

David Letterman just said this.

Cookiegal hungry after day of healthy balanced eating and exercise.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Cookiegal, what is your favorite type of cookies?  I will bake you up a virtual batch and we can all enjoy them.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

OK-I raise my hand as being one of those people who thought a serving of Thin Mints was 1 "sleeve".

It's late on the East Coast, cookiegal should be in bed!  Nighty Night.

Joni 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

It's even later here and now I want cookies! Dang it all...I've been good about dumping sugar. I know I will have hiccups in my journey out of Sugarland, but if I don't keep them in the house, then I can't grab them in the middle of the night...right? I had DH pick up fruit today for my sugar rushes. My bad?

• Meece

I like buying two boxes of thin mints, one to share with the family, and one to hide and eat by myself.

• susu1976
    susu1976 Member Posts: 94
    Meece, you are too generous.  I buy one for the family and TWO for me!  hehehe
  • Meece

We really don't eat a lot of sweets, but I do love my Thin Mints.  The price makes me think twice about how many boxes I buy.

Yesterday DHs secretary sent home a box of cookies from Trader Joe's.  They look like Oreos but they have candy cane icing in the middle.  I will be in trouble once we open that box.

• barbe1958

OMG Meece! Step away from the box!

I had candycane fudge once....ooooooooooo to die for!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

mmmmm, frozen thin mints.  I love them frozen and buy several boxes and put them in the freezer.  Then, DH eats them all before I can get to them.  I think I'll have to look into a secret freezer just for me.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

How do our favorite snacks stack up nutrition wise?  Let's have a look:

Cheetos (1 oz.):           G/S Thin Mints (4 cookies):

Calories                 160                             152

Total Fat                10g                              8g

Sat. Fat                  1g                               4g

Sodium                   290mg                        116mg

Carbs                     15g                             20g

Fiber                      1g                                0g

Sugar                     1g                               12g

Protein                   1g                                4g

Hmmm.   Cheetos sodium bad.  The cookies have the sugar and (surprise) more saturated fat.  Name your poison? 

I like the Thin mints too, but I probably won't buy any.  Then my husband will bring home his favorite, Samoas, and I'll get one before my kids devour the whole box.  Are they sacrificing to take that bullet for me?

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Helpful tip: Buy a big bag of frozen broccoli florets. Eat the broccoli or just throw it away. Open the box of Thin Mints and place the sleeves inside the empty bag from the frozen broccoli. Close with a twist-tie. Voila! They will NOT be stolen by family members! Cheaper than a separate freezer which would require a pricey combination lock to be effective...

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

And  good as thin mints are now, they are a hundred times better frozen when you find them in the back of the freezer in the middle of July and it is hot hot hot outside!!!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Kleenex, Excellent idea to hide the thin mints in the broccoli bag.  I knew I needed all of you and more than ever I know why!  I agree Patmom, finding them in the middle of July on a hot day - nothing better!

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Meece - have you tried the Candy Cane Jo-Jo's from Trader Joe's that are then covered in chocolate?  They are divine!  I had a box of the regular Jo-Jo's, but sent them off to college with my oldest DS yesterday.  I was afraid of even opening that box.

Now it's on to avoiding the Girl Scout cookie temptation...something tells me I won't be as successful with that!

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

OK...Thin mints in a milk shake....yummy! I did go to Yoga yesterday morning and to the gym last night. The Biggest Loser was quite the inspiration I needed! Oh...and as I was attempting to make my yogurt and berry smoothie, my blender decided to leak and not blend. I finally gave up and just poured the mess into a cup. I took the blade off and...the gasket was broken and wrapped around the blades. See what happens when I try to eat healthy??? Even the blender is saying NOOOOOOOO!!!

• Meece

Kleenex, I love it!!!!  I used to put it in unmarked feezer container, but I got found out.  Now they check the containers. But Frozen broccoli... great!

The box we got is the Candy Cane Joe-Joes. SO you say they are good, CarolinaChick?

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

The bag for frozen broccoli is too funny.

• Hannahbearsmom
    Hannahbearsmom Member Posts: 266

Meece and carolinachick:  I love those candy cane cookies!! Someone brought them in to work last year. Do they have them year round? They had oreos with the mint centers at our Walmart before Christmas--had to get them..yummyLaughing

I'll definitely keep the broccoli freezer trick in mind. My daughter is a girl scout too.

TCK

• smithlme

I bought a new gasket for the blender, made my healthy smoothie and now I want a cookie...or two...

• barbe1958

Where the HECK do you buy a blender gasket??? I would just toss it and buy another...my bad?

• smithlme

Our local Coast to Coast Hardware store. $5.91 for two. The blender is over 20 years old so by the time I need the other one either the blender will be broken or the gasket dried out!

• cookiegal

They gave me cookies at the hospital today!!!!

Cookies from cancer centers have no calories right?

• Meece

You are so right, cookie!

I tried to be good at Taco Bell for lunch today.  I got an al fresco burrito which was very good, but then I added a small order of nachos, very bad.  When I got back to work, I checked the Taco Bell website and found that my nachos had as many clories as the burrito!  Luckily I opted for water and not soda.  But there went 660 calories straight to the hips!

• barbe1958
    You STILL need calories through your day, you just have to decide how you "spend" them! Laughing
  • cookiegal

actually I have been doing pretty well overall the past three days, and feel and look less puffy.

Actually had yummy vegan porridge for lunch. 

BTW NYC'ers SMK is doing a study on lymphadema and accupuncture, but you need to have ARM lymphadema to participate. You get free accupuncture.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Girl scout cookie sells start this friday, the 8th.....can I interest you in any!!!!  DD is a girl scout and the prizes are what she likes best about selling the cookies.....

• Marple

Oh gosh, I've not had Girl Guide cookies in eons.  I LOVE the vanilla ones the best.  Split them in two...........lick up the centre and then throw the cookie part away...........ahhhhh, bliss.

• Marple
    Hey, I'd bet they are easy to hide in a frozen broccoli bag.Wink
  • one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

You girls are just evil.  I am with you on the GS mints.  They are also my fav.  I don't know any little Girl Scouts, so I guess I will just have to do without.

Juannelle.

• bbd
    bbd Member Posts: 18

Oh, no...I am too late.I should have checked this site first.  I just polished off one/half container of Trader Joe gingersnaps in 30 minutes Embarassed !  am such an emotional eater and I am cracked tonight waiting for my first treatment tomorrow. I will check the site before my girl scouts arrive. Cookies are a weakness of mine. I am glad so many can appreciate.