Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• KJSUN
    KJSUN Member Posts: 17

Thank you glennie19, MinusTwo, and NativeMainer, I appreciate your feedback. It really helps to talk to women that have gone through it. Sometimes even the staff at the doctor's office make it feel like they are just blowing you off.

glennie19, I know, salt water right?!! She didn't even look at my throat.

I did call the MO's office and left a message for the nurse or whoever. They called me back and are going call Magic Mouthwash in for me. I think I may have the flu.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Tomboy, grrrrrr, that is horrible. I was so lucky that a friend had warned me about that and had urged me to be proactive. I also have bony arms and at first the doctors were telling me it was fine. Then one of them circled each bicep with her fingers (to roughly measure) and realized I was right. It was hard to see, but I could feel it.

KJSUN, probiotics help against both thrush and intestinal issues. I took massive amounts all through chemo (with my onc's blessing).

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

Glennie--"only took 6 nodes"?What about women like me who got truncal LE and only ONE node was taken?BS obviously is oblivious to the realities of LE.

Tomboy--I'd feel the same way.Actually, I do feel the same way about the idiot Rad Onc I had.I had a mastectomy to get rid of a breast rotting away from radiation necrosis due to over-radiation."I probably should have taken into account all the radiation you were exposed to from the mammograms you've been getting for the last 20 years."Yah think?

KJ--glad the MO took action.Feel batter soon!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

Oh yeah, NativeMainer,,,, that is what he said:  *you are slim and I only took 6 nodes*  Exact words.   Yes, I realize that my risk factors may be lower due to those facts,, but it doesn't mean I won't get it. Grrrrrrr.   And of course,, you can get it with the removal of only one node.  I know someone who developed it in her leg after a bad bicycle accident and broken ankle. NO nodes removed!!   Grrrrrr.

KJSUN:  so glad you are getting the Magic Mouthwash.  Be sure and ask the pharmacist what your exact ingredients are. There are many recipes for MM.  (I'm a pharmacist in real life)  Want to be sure you have a numbing agent like lidocaine in there for your mouth sores.  Do you have any white patches or spots on your throat?  Do you think you could have thrush? If so, I hope they put nystatin in it for that part. Also MYCELEX troches are an antifungal (RX) that you can suck on for thrush. Another idea to ask for if you might have thrush. Will not help with pain per se, just get the thrush under control.  And Momine has good point about probiotics. Ask about taking them, like Culturelle. (doctors know that name)  Keep us posted.

Doctors not recognizing LE,,,,  GRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

Right?!?!!?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/?s=august+13&submit...

Today is National Left-Handers Day and National Filet Mignon Day. Somebody want to help a sister out with the filet???Winking

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Bon Appétitimage

• Tomboy

All right!!! I am left handed! Thanks, I didn't know that, Elph!

• glennie19

It's also National Middle Child Day!!  And I'm a middle!!  Pass the cake and ice cream!

• Tomboy

I am a middle too! YaY for us, Glennie!

• Jesika63
    Jesika63 Member Posts: 25

Left handed here and also thats where i had my ca.

• glennie19

another FL person.  Hello Jesika.

• glennie19

Oh, look, page 999  !!!!

• Tomboy

Well, we are still having a party, though, right?

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196

Damn right we middies deserve a day!! Wine for me! ✌️❤️Lind

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196

Wine for everybody! Linda

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,312

Looks like we might break both barriers. 1000 pages is probably tomorrow. Only 54 posts needed to reach 30K. Surely we will do that in 7 days before the 6th anniversary.

• eph3_12

so don't watch until the page flips to 1000 and/or we hit 30K. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

• eph3_12

I had to get that in just in case I'm not on-line when those events happen!!!!

• eph3_12

And Loral, thanks for the steak! It was cyber virtual delicious!!!!

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    Everyone  

imageimage
  • glennie19

Definitely having a party!!!

• eph3_12

have any of you been able to catch any of the meteor shower ? I accidentally woke at up at 3AM today so I went out for about an hour and watched. Didn't see anything but had the following stuck in my head from that point till now.

• glennie19

No and I work until midnight,, and take the dog out at that time. You would think I would remember to look up,,,, nope,,,,

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

Adding on to get over to the next page.

As you might know the president or POTUS as we all call him is visiting. Our dog park abuts to the golf course he likes to play. Our walking trail goes right by the staging area for the black SUVs and the press bus. There is always a policeman directing traffic and lots of people hanging around. Secret Service etc. So my crazy excitable overly friendly dog decides she needs to go say hello, she runs under the fence and is making her presence know to all. The policeman starts making comments about my dog not being under control and how she better watch out, there are some working dogs around. Meanwhile, I'm climbing over the fence, yelling the dog's name, waving dog biscuits in the air, imagining my dog getting run over by POTUS. She is still having a great time saying hello to everyone . Finally I get ahold of her and we get on the other side of the fence in time to watch the 12 motorcycle cops and the 15 black SUVs roll by. Can't even see in the windows. So don't nobody tell me I don't get enough exercise.

• eph3_12

What a great story! Maca sounds like Zumba on steroids to me!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

Macatacmv--what away to get your exercise!

• glennie19

excellent way to get your exercise!  Glad you got your dog back under "control".  She just wanted to say hi to the President.

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

I'm just glad there were no front page pictures of the crazy lady trying to harass the president.

l still have pain in my pelvic area even after a month since my procedure so I get to see my PCP on Monday. But today I am going sailing for the first time this summer, I don't care how I feel I'm gonna have some fun.

On Friday I see my MO to talk about my taking or not taking tamoxifen. I have not started back up since the surgery. Has any one here heard of or had any experience with Myomin? It is a natural aromatase inhibitor. My chiropractor is recommending it.