Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HER2 Positive-anyone 10 years out?

Options

Comments

• margun
    margun Member Posts: 385
    edited May 2021
    Options

September. Congrats and I thank you for your post.

• jduvallsmith
    jduvallsmith Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi ladies! (and maybe a few men) I am now 11 years out! I have not been on this forum for quite a while, though it was a life save for me as I navigated the process of dealing with breast cancer. When I was diagnosed, my boys were8 and 4 years old, and they went to the hospital with me for chemo. I had many positive experiences with volunteer groups who helped me and my boys deal with treatment. I have since separated from my husband (who "hijacked" my cancer to gain sympathy for himself) and am in a much better place now! I have a good job and am saving to buy a house, and am closer to family... God is amazing! I would love to hear stories of other people who have gone through this journey...

• AlwaysMeC
    AlwaysMeC Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thank you for the encouragement! Hope this new period in your life proves to be awesome.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    edited May 2021
    Options

love reading the wonderful posts on here

• kathleen1966
    kathleen1966 Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2021
    Options

11 years now for me.

• redcanoe
    redcanoe Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2021
    Options

That's wonderful Kathleen! Thanks for coming back!

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,463
    edited August 2021
    Options

Kathleen-YAY for you! I am headin for 20 years this December!

• soccermom
    soccermom Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2021
    Options

So happy to read these posts! My original DX was Oct. 2003 so I'm almost 18 years out! Congrats and well wishes to all!

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited August 2021
    Options

I have my last infusion of herceptin and Perjeta today and then I should be done with treatment. It’s weird how time went so slow when I was first getting started, but then somehow I blinked and I am already at my final treatment. This whole website has been an amazing resource since I was diagnosed, and this thread in particular has been very reassuring as I have learned more about my particular type of breast cancer. Hopefully I can check in here years down the road reassuring others that for many of us this is a horrible detour in life, but not necessarily the end.

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited August 2021
    Options

I just had my 10 year checkup two weeks ago! It was a bad situation 10 years ago! Was Stage 3C, Her2+++ and had to stop Herceptin after 3 months because heart ECHO went from 65 to 29. I didn't think I had a chance with only 3 months of Herceptin, but my Oncologist insisted it was enough. We just had a long conversation about it during my last checkup.

My heart has caused me issues the entire 10 years, but I'm still here and there is nothing that could have been done to change it.

Sending hope to all !!!

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2021
    Options

Melbo, Congratulations. I have learnt a lot from you during the last couple of months. I hope you have many healthy years ahead of you.

Denise, Congratulations on 10 years!

• margun
    edited August 2021
    Options

thanks to all for posting. You are my inspiration and hope. Wishing you many healthy years to come.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    edited September 2021
    Options

hi Everyone

10 years out this past August...i remember looking at this thread and waiting for the day I could post on it!

hope there are lots of posters on here every day!!!

• Pipandor
    Pipandor Member Posts: 130
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks for coming back Rozem. 🌞

• denny123
    edited September 2021
    Options

Rozem-Yay for you! I am heading towards 20 years....

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    edited September 2021
    Options

rozem - yay! Congrats - that is awesome! Good to "see" you!

denny - look at you go! So great! Thank you for posting on this thread regularly!

I am at 11 years this month - so grateful for every one of them!

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    edited September 2021
    Options

SpecialK - so good to "see" you too!!! you helped me so much when i first found these boards! thank you!!!

Denny - 20 years as stage 4 is incredible, I love reading stories like yours. The power of targeted treatment! Herceptin truly is a game changer. So many new drugs now for Her2 even since I was diagnosed, I am truly in awe of the Science

• denny123
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks ladies! I might now have a liver recurrence so I asked for an increase of Xeloda to see if that will help.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited September 2021
    Options

I was 12 years out in June and it's amazing.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2021
    Options

Blessed to be in my 17th year

• margun
    edited September 2021
    Options

Cowgirl, Linda and all survivors who post here, congrats and thank you. I hope I will be able to do this for others who will be impacted by cancer. I mostly hope that science will find some preventive tools to prevent cancer altogether.

• racheldog
    racheldog Member Posts: 209
    edited September 2021
    Options

Denise G: OMG, your echo went from 65 to 29 in 3 months? I am heading to #4 Herceptin and have my Echo next Monday, three days before the infusion. That will be 3 months. My echos have been 66, 61, and 63---which were very ok for my age. I would like to hear from others how their echo %'s were during Herceptin?

I have been mildly short of breath and way more tired lately but still try to exercise.

On another note, I am thrilled to hear that you are so far out of treatment and doing well! All of you who are doing well give great vibes to all of us. Thanks for coming back on to post.

• denny123
    edited September 2021
    Options

Rachel-I have been on an off Herceptin for 16 years (only off during my 4 years of Kadcyla). My EF has always been in the mid 50s, which is normal.

• melster
    melster Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2021
    Options

10 years for me on 9/19! Yay!

And RoseM....I also remember you helping me so much...congrats!

• denny123
    edited September 2021
    Options

YAY Melster!

• huntreiter3
    huntreiter3 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2021
    Options

11 Years and 5 months out today. Haven't been on these boards in years but back to do some research and see if what I've perceived as depression for years could instead be hormonal. No re-occurrences to date. Now off to find the forum about how to help with hormones when you can't take estrogen.

IDC - 6/8/2010

4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    edited November 2021
    Options

Thanks for posting Huntreiter3- I am very close to 5 years. I hope you find answers to help you with this new thing. Always something.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited November 2021
    Options

I have 12 years out. It seems like so very long ago. Diagnosed at 63 and now 75 and in very good health.

• denny123
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yay Cowgirl!

• margun
    edited January 2022
    Options

in July 2019 i had my last chemo. I am on Letrozole. My white and red cells were always low rang of normal. Today they come up lower than normal. White one 4 and red ones 3.88. I have some occasional lightheaded or dizzy situations so I do not know if it is the reason. Do you have any explanation why my white and red cells are low than the normal considering that chimio was over 2 years ago.