Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HER2 Positive-anyone 10 years out?

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks for posting.

• formydaughter
    formydaughter Member Posts: 121
    edited December 2022
    Options

I’m 9 years out. Was declared “cured” after 5 yrs. Just got dx of recurrence. Triple positive. Either stage three or four pending pet scan results. I can’t believe this in part. But I was feeling that something wasn’t right. It’s on the same side as my first cancer despite bilateral mastectomy it came back This came with a simultaneous onset of diffuse, cutaneous, systemic sclerosis, also known as scleroderma. my scleroderma was triggered by the Covid vaccine booster. It is a type that commonly coincides with active malignancy. So we went to have a baseline scan to make sure all was good, and it was not. The Covid vaccine made my immune system go so crazy it’s attacking my body, trying to kill me in nearly every system with the scler derma, and apparently let cancer back in

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    edited December 2022
    Options

formydaughter - I am so sorry, my heart dropped to my stomach reading everything you are going through. I got the covid vaccine, but have not gotten any of the boosters. My daughter in law has developed Myocarditis from the covid booster. This is a scary time we are living through. I am hoping that you will do fine with whatever treatment you receive. I have said a prayer for you.

• sydneybased
    sydneybased Member Posts: 25
    Options

Hi all, I'm 13 years out (from surgery) this coming October. Love to all those who supported me on this board in 2010-2012 and all those who have been diagnosed since. Stay strong xxx

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,450
    Options

sydney-congrats! I am 21 years, 8 months of MBC de novo. I was Her2+++ until about 7 years ago when I turned into Her2- Somatic.

Denise

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just had my 12 year checkup and all is well. Diagnosed in October 2011, Her2++++, 6 cm tumor, 9 positive nodes, only was able to have 3 months of Herceptin as it severely damaged my heart.

I am a grateful every day. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would be here 12 years later.

I still suffer from heart failure as a result of Herceptin and A/C chemo, but I am doing so much better with great treatment. Do have your heart checked. Problems from these drugs can show up years later.

The PTSD never goes away, but it certainly does get better!! Sending prayers, hope, courage, and strength to all of you!!

• margareteleanor
    margareteleanor Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am more than 13 years out from the frightening diagnostic mammogram that started the ball rolling. I started chemo on my kid’s 11th birthday. Since then, I’ve been with her for high school and college graduation and I now I have the privilege of watching her make the big decision on buying her first house! Now I have hair again and my husband has less, but I appreciate having him more. Every day isn’t sunshine & roses, but every day is a blessing. In our house, we’re HUGE fans of Herceptin and we still have a magnet framed picture of Dr. Dennis Slamon hanging on our fridge.

Science is a good thing, y’all! It works!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    Options

I was on vacation last month when I passed 13 years, totally forgot about it. Realized about a week later. Like you, margareteleanor, I was in California a number of years ago and passed the Genentech facility in the car, rolled down the window and yelled THANK YOU!!! So much appreciation for bringing Herceptin to the market.

formydaughter - I am so sorry to read of your recurrence, it is a sobering reminder of how much of this is random. Thinking of you, and wishing you the best.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

I was 14 years out in June and all is well.

• greenbean2468
    greenbean2468 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Thank you all! I'm coming to the end of my year of HP and my mind goes to worrying about it coming back. Sharing your number of years after treatment gives me a lot of hope. This board has helped me so much this last year. I wish you all happy, healthy days. 💕

• denny123
    Options

Margareteleanor….my oncologist went to medical school with Dr. Slamon!!!!!

• pinkest
    pinkest Member Posts: 32
    Options

Hello Ladies,

18+ years after diagnosis and treatment and counting my blessings each and every day. I don't know what lies ahead, nobody does, but today I am healthy, grateful and happy to be alive.

Wishing each and every one of you the absolute best that life has to offer.

PinkEst

• jenny5
    jenny5 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Im 6 1/2 years and counting!! My body feels beat up by the covid shot tho! I wish i never took that thing!!

• denny123
    Options

I am one month away from 22 years after being dx'd with Stage 4 MBC de novo.

I had the Covid booster a week okay with no problems at all, TG. I will continue to wear my mask…forever….

Denise

• harrow
    harrow Member Posts: 59
    Options

Congratulations @denny123 ! That is an amazing achievement! You are an inspiration, particularly those of us who are also MBC’ers. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

• denny123
    Options

@harrow Thanks! Doing my best!