Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Options

Comments

• diannemc1957
    diannemc1957 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2018
    Options

Snickersmom, I just started Zoloft about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Will be glad when it really kicks in and hope it helps...My nerves are shot! I am now scared to try anything else...does the fear ever go away???

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited November 2018
    Options

diannemc ...yes !!! The terrible constant fear after diagnosis does go away !!!!!..it's always in the back of our minds ..but there are days now when the only time I think about bc is when I pop my little white pill ...I remember the first year I was diagnosed all the extended family were there ..making Christmas plans for menu etc ...I was sitting there .. pretending to be interested ..but all I was really doing was thinking I'd never care about Christmas or parties , or holidays again ..But I do ...!!!! ...time helps us heal ....Hugs ..

• wised
    wised Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2018
    Options

Dianne, Zoloft takes about 3/4 weeks to be effective, you can ask for xanax for break through anxiety in the meantime. My doctor offered me an RX when I was first diagnosed. I was starting to forget I'd had cancer when I got this diagnosis, so yes, you will be able to live your life again without constant reminders of cancer.

Snickersmom, your posts are filled with common sense, humor, and hope. I wish there was a like button on this forum, I would go through and "like" all of your posts.

Lucy, exactly! I did exactly that 3 years ago w my colon cancer dx. When I got this dx, I knew I wouldn't die immediately, but I did wonder how badly this was going to f up my life!

• oceanbum
    oceanbum Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November 2018
    Options

Good morning all!

I saw my oncologist yesterday. I am being switched off of Tamoxifen to Arimidex. I will be starting injections of Xgeva every 6 months as well. He is sending me for a baseline DEXA scan next Wednesday. I am also having a CT scan afterwards. I have a pain in between my shoulder blades that has been there for going on a month. It is a steady, sharp pain that has gotten progressively worse. It hurts the most when I go to bed and put pressure on my shoulder to lay down. I am hoping it is only a muscle strain due to everything my body has been through in the last 18 months. Please keep me in your prayers!

• wised
    edited November 2018
    Options

((((Oceanbum))))

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you DWiseley!!

• diannemc1957
    diannemc1957 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2018
    Options

Will be praying for you Oceanbum!!

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you diannemc195! I'm really nervous and more than a little scared. My husband keeps telling me it will be alright. I was Stage 1 with no nodes involved. So it should be OK, shouldn't it?! I had chemo before surgery and I have heard that chemo can spread cancer and that is what my biggest concern is.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oceanbum ..will definitely be in your pocket for the scan on Wednesday...sending turbo prayers for great results..hugs

• GreenHarbor
    GreenHarbor Member Posts: 187
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oceanbum, I’m sending you all my positive thoughts for a good result from the scan!

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

This is for you all!! Thank you!!

• wised
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oceanbum chemo cannot spread cancer. I had chemotherapy 3 years ago for colon cancer and a really tiny tumor in my breast now.

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you, DWiseley!! That makes me feel SO much better!! That gives me one less thing to worry about!!

• egregious
    egregious Member Posts: 145
    edited November 2018
    Options

Gentle ((hug)) for Oceanbum.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you, egregious!!

• wised
    edited November 2018
    Options

O ceanbum, you've already been through so much, it's hard not to worry! last week when I started coughing really badly my first thought was oh great lung mets, but when I went to the doctor at turned out to be just bronchitis. I'm hoping you have a very simple thing as well.

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

DWiseley, every little ache & pain I worry is something more than it is. But this one is really worrying me. It's a pain like I've never had. I just hope I'm worrying for nothing.

• dani444
    dani444 Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oceanbum- I am sending you good thoughts and I just paused to pray for you. Gentle hugs for you.

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you, Dani444. Hugs to you.

• DeeBB
    DeeBB Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oceanbum, you will be in my thoughts and prayers

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you, DeeBB. Hugs to you.

• DeeBB
    edited November 2018
    Options

Good afternoon! Hope everyone is doing well today. I tell you what, it feels like if it's not one thing it's another. I had to go the doctor today because of a sore on the breast I had a lumpectomy on and guess what? I now also have the shingles.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Oceanbum; I was thinking about you today hope you're feeling ok. Gentle hugs to you.

• oceanbum
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oh no, DeeBB! I pray that you heal quickly!

I'm feeling ok today. I'm still very sore but working through it. I am using a heating pad in the evening when I get home from work and that helps some. My scan is still a week away so the worries will continue for another week. Thank you so much for thinking of me! Hugs to you, too!! I hope you are feeling OK and aren't experiencing too much discomfort from the shingles.

• wised
    edited November 2018
    Options

DeeBB, oh dear lady that sounds miserable! Lots of light and love coming your way.

• DeeBB
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you and you will continue to be in my thoughts Oceanbum

• DeeBB
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thank you Dwiseley much appreciated

• Hmissy34
    Hmissy34 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hello all, I’m new to this page and I was a stage 1’er also who decided to go with a double Mastectomy as well. I felt that was best for me. The whole process was way too emotional and stressful.

I just had part 2 of my reconstruction on 11/29/18, and looking forward to putting this whole thing behind me!

By the way, I love this page and I hope everyone’s recovery goes well. ❤️

• egregious
    egregious Member Posts: 145
    edited December 2018
    Options

Welcome Hmissy34!

Hope your recovery goes well too!

• oceanbum
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi Hmissy34! Welcome! Wishing you a speedy recovery as well!! I love this page, too!!

• Robyn57
    Robyn57 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

anybody use tissues expanders for reconstruction ? I’m worried they will hurt