Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I know I cant be the only lesbian out here?

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Lovegolf
    Lovegolf Member Posts: 75
    edited February 2019
    Options

My wife had lumpectomy ..got clean margins. Just started Anastrozole and having side effects. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• JES_in_LA
    JES_in_LA Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2019
    Options

Lovegolf,

I am not familiar with Anastrozole so I can't help. I am following another thread about starting Chemo in January which is very helpful, you might want to check that out.

• Rn1972
    Rn1972 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hello ... my wife is a breast cancer survivor, double mastectomy and on tamoxifen. Hope you are doing well

• Rn1972
    Rn1972 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Options

wish you both well. My wife is post double mastectomy and on tamoxifen.

• Lovegolf
    edited April 2019
    Options

I am back here...she now has 9mm lump in neck that they scanned Thursday. Pretty sure it is cancer back in lymph nodes in neck. I really could deal with it better if it was me.

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited April 2019
    Options

Lovgolf...so sorry to see you back here while you are awaiting further test results. I hear you re: dealing with one's own diagnostics vs. someone you love. So hard to just be there, but you seem to be doing that hard work. Keep us posted.

• Lovegolf
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thanks ..She is having biopsy of lump in neck 5/6. We will know for certain then but it does not sound good

• magiclight
    edited April 2019
    Options

(((hugs)))

• magiclight
    edited June 2020
    Options

GAY PRIDE MONTH

• magiclight
    edited July 2020
    Options

Today an old woman said I looked like a tomboy.

I am proud of that characterization.

Author Michelle Ann Abate stated that, 'in nineteenth-century American culture, the usage of the word tomboy came to refer to a specific code of conduct that permitted young girls to exercise, wear "sensible clothing", and to eat a "wholesome diet". Because of the emphasis on a healthier lifestyle, tomboyism quickly grew in popularity during this time period as an alternative to the dominant feminine code of conduct that had limited women's physical movement.' She does not mention old ladies, which I am.

I cut my hair very short by choice during this pandemic, had both breasts removed 5 years ago because of cancer, experience pain every day that is diagnosed as post mastectomy pain syndrome, wear comfortable, bright clothes, because anything close to my chest or underarms causes more agony. I want to be as visible as possible walking my neighborhood today as I did when I biked. I have developed neuropathy in my legs due possibly to chemotherapy so wear bright compression socks. Go ahead and label me, I'm old and I don't give a f*^k what others think.

I'm free to be that young girl who in mid 20th century wanted the freedom to be herself. I'm now wearing 'sensible clothing' but still striving for a 'wholesome diet'.

• Lovegolf
    edited September 2020
    Options

I am back.....we are back. She had 3 needle biopsies and all 3 are positive including node, grade 2. So now looking to decide where to go for treatment etc. I did better when it was me.

• mutt1963
    mutt1963 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2020
    Options

Lovegolf, Hope everything is going as well as possible and the plague hasn't caused any problems.

• Lovegolf
    edited November 2020
    Options

She also has 2 places in the lymph node in her chest so it is Staged as 4. She is on Imbrance and hormone suppression shots every 2 weeks. She is having pain in her legs etc really bad.

I did better when it was me. I do not know what to do. She is not sleeping at night so days and nights mixed up. I fear she is going to just give up. If not for our 2 granddaughters I am sure she would.

• Astrid1986
    Astrid1986 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hey all. There is another lesbian here... I am new here. I was googling to know if I am the only lesbian person who struggle with post-mastectomy challenges, especially isolation and fear of physical intimacy. I am happy finding that I am not alone and I hope to be able to find some queer friends here (:

My post-mas experiences of dataing and love have not been rich honestly. It is a long story... I was being cheated and I often think the only reason was my body and it really kills my sexual self-esteem. I am afraid of another rejection so I really prefer to date someone like myself.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited November 2020
    Options

Astrid, thanks for sharing your personal experience with this. Glad you found our community. Medicating

• magiclight
    edited June 2021
    Options

Pulse Night Club 5 years ago today