Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Options

Comments

• hope_m
    hope_m Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2010
    Options

I'm so glad to see this thread!  Now that I am almost 7 years out, I am not on the boards as much, but many of my posts here over the past years have dealt with faith issues.  I suppose they are still out there in cyberspace somewhere!

I have just turned 46, but as my doctors can confirm, the physical issues I face are more like those of a late 50's woman--I always say, "It's not the age, it's the mileage", and BC certainly puts on the miles!

My cancer experience was a turning point in my faith-- a real leap forward and a culmination of many threads in my life at the same time.  I have three sons and a wonderful husband of 22 years.  Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hope M.

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hope, I welcome you also.  Like JO I am 6 years out and so happy you found the thread.  Never would have made it through everything with the Lord carrying me.  My faith is what kept me going and  of course my family.  yes, BC sure seems to age you in so many ways. 

Thinking of you today groundhog and hoping your spirits are up.

Jackie thinking of your strength as you feed the animals no matter what the weather. 

Hope everyone has a God blessed day.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Kathleen, I was just rereading your above post and I had to laugh, everytime I get "puffedup" I get the air knocked out of me. LOL

Hope everyone is having a good day and a better evening.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Happy Friday everyone, hope all has a great weekend.

Hope how old are your boys?  My kids are grown with their own kids now.  I still wonder where all that time went.

My daughters MIL has colon and small intestine cancer and I would like to ask for prayers for her, her name is Betty.  Her first onc appt is Monday.  She already had surgery to more part of her colon and small intestines.

Our church is starting the Daniel Fast Sunday at 6pm so DH went to stock up on fresh veges and fruits and unsalted nuts and sea salt.  Can't have anything canned.  Could not find just natural peanut butter without any sugar or anything in it.  I wonder if we put fresh peanuts in a blender if that would make peanut butter.  I need peanut butter on my apples.  LOL

JO, God does know every hair that falls and yesterday sitting on the deck mine was coming out in handfuls and I just thought well I bet the birds will make good use of it in their nest building. The trees have not started blooming yet but there are a lot of birds nests already in the trees. 

Everyone have a God blessed day.

• cakeisgreat
    cakeisgreat Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2010
    Options

Will be praying spar!  BTW, my local Shoprite has a peanut butter grinder near the deli counter.  You can grind it there, and they have some already ground for you if you dont want to do it yourself.  Just peanuts.  Really tasty!

• Sierra
    Sierra Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Options

Well Hello there Spar:

I just popped in ce soir

and saw your thread

What a great idea!

Please know that I am

praying for Betty .. and you too

You know, I am a Christian

believer, and ..

10 years out, very much a lover of life

and chatting on nature, movies, books

having a good laugh often is important to me

Thanks for the thread

and Ill pop in as much as possible

feel free to PM me any time

I am in Canada, a young senior

and very active, 

anyone from San Fran, Montreal

or Maine or Bermuda, do drop me a note

lived all these places

Namaste

to all

ps.. Lots of birds nests around here

and robins abound :)

Sierra :) 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi everyone.  I love clicking on here and seeing all my sisters-in-Christ.  10 years out; 7 years out; 6 years out... - yes, God IS in control.

Blessings.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday was such a pretty day - the trees are greening up and the cherry blossoms are opening and the birds twittering and although overcast, the glory and splendor of our Lord was everywhere.   It uplifts me and makes me realize I am but a teensy tiny part of the overall picture.   But I am one of God's children and HE is there for me.    Hugs and Blessings, Nancy

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good morning sisters.

Spar ... so far so good!  I haven't been on this thread in a couple of days or I would have posted earlier.  I will join the prayer circle for Betty.  I'm so sorry.  As you study the Bible, it is apparent man hasn't changed much.  Those examples in the Bible constantly repeat their mistakes.  I guess we do that too!  So glad He is so understanding.

There is a cartoon which I cannot post that shows a boy on God's lap which says "How about if instead of giving you everything that you think you want for Christmas, I give you what you need."

May God touch your life and bless you.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Kathleen, love the cartoon picture above.  Yes, when you read the bible there was so much evil going on then too.  One day though there will be no evil, pain, or sorrow.

thank you all so much for your prayers for Betty, my heart is so sad for her and all her kids.

Sierra, it is so good so see you here.  I miss you dear girl.  You are an animal lover like me.

Nancy, you certainly are part of the picture.  I mean if God knows every hair on our head, we are part of it all.  It is greening up here too slowly but surely.  DH has got some baby cabbage sprouts coming up in the house, waiting for the right time to plant them.  I think he already got the onions all planted. 

Cakeisgreat, this is a very small town and we don't have a shoprite but I think I will check out homeland and see if they have natural peanut butter, the only other place is walmart and they didn't.  Thank you so much for your prayers.

Hope everyone has a God bless day.

• spar2
    edited March 2010
    Options

My sore throat is gone, nausea is gone, ear ache is gone, the only thing left is a cough but I am gonna take dose of cough syrup and head to church in the morning anyway.  My soul needs feeding by my spirited pastor.  Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.  hope to talk with you guys tomorrow.

• cakeisgreat
    edited March 2010
    Options

spar2--I just noticed you live in OK.  How cool!  I would love to go there sometime...sounds like an interesting state.  We bought our boxer puppy from someone in OK and they flew it out to us.  Love it!

I am so glad you're feeling better!!  I just watched my church service on the internet, LOL.  I am not going next week either because of Easter (way too crowded in my church), but will start back up the following week.  I should be well enough to go then.

• Sierra
    Sierra Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good Morning Spar

and all Sisters here:

I am glad to hear you are

getting better. these things can

hang on tight

I am starting to de-clutter

now, bit by bit

here is a link that came my way

My apt is v. small, so really

needs getting rid of some junk

http://www.lifetoolsforwomen.com/h/10-myths-clutter.htm

Be well all

and enjoy this Blessed Sunday!

Sierra :)

• BulldogluvrBeck
    BulldogluvrBeck Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hey Cake Is Great!  BulldogloverBeck here, I knew I liked you!

My motto is this.  Good days, bad days, but everyday through God's grace.

Watched church on TV this fine Palm Sunday. 

God is good. His peace passeth all understanding.

• cakeisgreat
    edited March 2010
    Options

heya bulldog!  great to see you here too!  LOVE your motto!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2010
    Options

Thank You Lord, for this Day and the Gift of your Son through Whom we are Saved. Amen.

I'm having a better today than yesterday, hope the same is true for you! {{hugs}}

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited March 2010
    Options

I figured this was the place to ask for non BC prayers.   Amy, a widowed friend of mine (widowed in early 30's with 4 children).  Amy met John, who lost his wife to BC in her early 30's - he had 3 children.  They fell in love and married, combining the 2 families.   Dear Amy died Friday of metastatic lung cancer - never smoked in her life, age 47, leaving behind a family that has already suffered the loss of a parent and spouse.   She had several rounds of chemo, radiation, bran surgery, surgery for blocked intestines and just kept going downhill the past 6 months.   I sit here with tears running down my face, blurring my vision.   

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250
    edited March 2010
    Options

Dear God, I hate this disease.

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2010
    Options

I have posted here often and love the thread you started. I got dx in 2006 recurred in 2008, had bilateral mast.and saline implants. I also am a Christian who tries to serve faithfully. I know all my cancers were part of His plan. The Lord as he has allowed me to meet and minister to so many who I would have never been able to relate to before these trials.( I am an ovarian cancer survivor too stage 4 DX 2003)I am 60 yrs old PTL. ....still on the earth for His reasons and His Glory..

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2010
    Options

{{GramE}} so sorry for the loss of your friend {Amy}.

Prayers for her husband John and their family!

• cakeisgreat
    edited March 2010
    Options

Grame-I am so sorry!  Many prayers for you, John and all the kids.  That is so not right :( ( (

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

I am posting before the last page so I won't forget what I want to say!

BulldogluvrBeck ... I, too, love bulldogs!  it is something about that smushed in face.  I grew up with Boston Terriers.  Bull dogs require (usually) daily care - like washing in those wrinkles they are so famous for, eye problems and skin problems but well worth it.  Our last Boston had his own opthalmologist!

My next dog, if I ever have them again will be a humongous pitbull.  I LOVE those big 'blocky' heads.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

Nancy ... I am so sorry about your friend.  Cancer is a hidieous disease.  It simply is not fair.  My prayers for her family.

Glory ... if your avatar is a picture of you - no way you are 60!  I feel petty much like you do - God has a plan for me and it must be pretty darn big because he keeps saving me from death.  I'm starting to get scared!

I'm so glad I found BCO.  Had I not I would definitely have been  basket case.  I love all my sisters and I am delighted they are in my life.  All of you enrich my life.  Thank you.

• lbmt
    lbmt Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2010
    Options

its been such a long time since i have login. i am so very glad that you have started this thread. i found such wonderful peace when i was dx in 2006, there where alot of ups and downs and complications, but both my hubby and i felt such a wonderful calm. its been just over 3 yrs, know.

i love the Lord, and have been saved since i was nine, but for a long time i lost my way. but in the last 15 yrs, God has brought me back full circle. i have a very loving and wonderful husband, i never had children of my own but have 4 step grandchildren, and two step sons and their wonderful wives. i am closest to my yungest grandchild she is such a joy to me.

my dearest friend just died this summer of bc. i felt very lost with out her and missed her companionship. my dad know has lung cancer. he loves the Lord and is at peace. i lost my aunt and my grandma to bc. many years ago.

may God bless you all, i will look forward to getting to know you better.

laurie

• cakeisgreat
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi, Laurie...welcome back!  I am so sorry that your friend, aunt and grandma lost their battle with BC.  And now your dad has lung cancer...I am so sorry.  Cancer is so evil...it seems to affect so many.  I look forward to the day when we are all peacefully in His kingdom with no sickness or death or anything else to hurt us. 

DITTO what you said, Kathleen!

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2010
    Options

Laurie - I want to echo cake's sentiments - Welcome back!!!!!  My goodness, you poor thing, I believe your plate is flowing over.  I am so sorry for all your losses.  That's simply too much for one person. Big, comforting hugs.  I look forward to knowing you better.

Cake ... wow! Only 499 miles to go and here I am

at the starting line!

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited March 2010
    Options

I have been reading this topic but not posting. I won't admit that I have been a 'perfect' Christian but who is? I was raised in church, baptized at 11, was active in the youth group as a young person, am active in the women's ministry, help teach the pre-schoolers, and sing in the choir. Sometimes I do have doubts about why I do what I do in the church, is is just habit or do I do it because it is what I truly believe. I do look forward to the 2nd coming of Christ when the dead in Christ shall be risen from the grave to life everlasting and those who remain in Christ shall be given life everlasting and the end of sickness, sorrow and death.

Sheila

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hang on! We don't have to wait until the second coming to get everlasting life with Christ do we? I thought when I died in Christ that I would meet the Lord?

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited March 2010
    Options

I don't want to get into a big discussion about what happens after death, but I believe in the sleep of the dead until the return of Christ. (eccle 9:5 living know that they shall die but the dead know not anything). That is why I was reluctant to join this topic since the beliefs of my church are opposite of what 95% of the Christian world believes. I think of death as a sleep, just like when you go to sleep at night, you don't know anything until you wake up, you have no knowledge of the passing of time until you look at the alarm clock to see what time it is. If my posts offend anyone I will remove them and not add anything else.

• cakeisgreat
    edited March 2010
    Options

JO--Preach away!  We all have to encourage each other in God's love and be reminded of His Word so that we dont fall away.  That's why we need each other!  I am sure we are all strong enough in the Lord to be gentle to each other's convictions.  I love talking about God!

Sheila--I've been saved for 23 years(ish) and since BC, I have had doubts creep in here and there.  What helps me the most so far is reading my Bible every day.  Then I am reminded what I have believed in and it sets me back on track. 

I just started reading Hebrews...here's one verse that stuck out to me today...

"And He is th radiance of HIs glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of HIs power."  Hebrews 1:3a

Have fun today everyone!