Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Options

Comments

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited April 2010
    Options

Des, am praying for your dad to be pain free, is it too late to treat his glucoma?  You ended your post with may God richly bless you which reminded me of dr. vernon McGee i use to listen to him every single day on back through the bible and he always ended his sermons with and may God richly bless you my beloved.

lbmt, i have always craved love and acceptance from my mom also and it still hurts but she made it plane in front of my husband and grandson last month that I would never be on her love list and that my brother who was the sweet and loveable.  He died in his 40's of alcoholism and a artery rupturing in his stomach.  Also had a bad experience with my past church that I was active in.  We visited different churches for a long time until we found one that we fit, felt like home.  I pray you find what you are looking for and you have the strength to finally let your mom go,  I am 58 and it just happened for me.

Arnie, love love love the braclet how very special.

Thank you all for your prayers and the onc office called, the xray is clear and the white count is really high but she doesn't want me to take anymore antibiotics, she wants to see what it is going to do and get more lab done in a bit.  Actually I am feeling a lot better today and after fasting and the whole church praying I  have a feeling the xray tomorrow will show I am healed, will be very shocked if I am not.

Sheila and JO, to both of you I say I LOVE YOU

• bygracealone
    bygracealone Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    Options

HEALING

God's healing hand reached out to me
    When I was hurt by life.
    His arm wrapped 'round in comfort
    protecting me from strife.

My prayer was answered in His love.
    His saving Grace the key
    To finding peace I had not known.
    And joy came back to me.

Sandra

• spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

Sandra, that is beautiful.  Today is the day for the xray also the good Friday service tonight at church.  Am feeling so much better today.  One of the leaders of the church called last night and asked me if I would be the official editor of the church for monthy bulletins and weekly newspapter articles and pictures.  I have done the newspaper articles 3 times now but am kind of nervous I don't know if I am qualified to do it.  Will have to do some praying about it today.  Need to start getting ready to go to the city so everyone have a God blessed day. 

• lbmt
    lbmt Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2010
    Options

Innocent spar, grace, arnie, jo-5,,, what an encouragement to me. I am so thankful God lead me to this thread. until know i have not open up to anyone, the verse 1 thess 5:16-18 is the one i have been holding on too, since this all began. and the song turn your eyes, me and randy use to sing that all the time, and the poem touched me,,,,,, sooo.  and many hugs, for sharing with me. i always wondered if we made the right choice leaving. and now i know it was okay.

and i will keep all of you in my prayers also, and the struggles you are facing.

love laurie

• arnie2two
    arnie2two Member Posts: 374
    edited April 2010
    Options

Awwwwwwwwwwww lbmt... so glad you shared with us!  I have been praying for you sister, my husband and I were just listening to music and when I Can Only Imagine came on I  got chills.  We just have to finish this journey and then we'll be free of all the pain and sorrow Smile 

love ya all,

janet

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2010
    Options

Janet, that song always brings tears to my eyes.  It is one of my favorites.  Anyone ever really stop and wonder what they might do when they stand before Him.  Awesome!

Had Good Friday service this evening.  Such a precious, blessed time.  What He did for all us on that old rugged Cross. ' ...and the greatest of these is Love.'

• spar2
    edited April 2010
    Options

What a blessed day this has been.  I feel good!  the xray finally is showing I am healed enough to walk without a walker, have to wear the brace for 6 more weeks and then a cat scan to make sure.  Went to Good Friday service and man oh man the holy spirit was moving.  there was not a dry eye in the place, men, women, even teenagers were so moved.  What a wonderful blessing tonight has been and looking forward to Easter Service Sunday. 

Laurie, thank you for opening up and sharing with us.

Patoo, Arnie, JO, and all my sisters in Christ, hope you all have had a God blessed day.

• patoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi spar.  That is good news but please continue to take it easy even with the brace.  You know you and JO are prone to "accidents"!!  Kiss

I am also looking forward to Easter Sunday service.  Good Friday was wonderful but Sunday is traditionally when my tears flow.  I can't wait.  It's like a renewal of faith. 

• arnie2two
    edited April 2010
    Options

Spar...great news!  Slow and easy...slow and easy Wink 

Patoo... I know...I think I'll dance and laugh and sing!  With a new voice...never had a good one on earth..lol

Love all you gals and hope you have a blessed day!

janet

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited April 2010
    Options

I thank God everyday for leading me to you ladies.  You enrich my life.  God bless you.

Patoo ... to say I was not 'blessed' with a good voice is like saying Katrina was a little bit of a wind storm.  I hope to rectify this when I get to Heaven because singing is one of the best ways to rejoice in the Lord.

Have a blessed Easter!

• arnie2two
    edited April 2010
    Options

lol...Kathleen... me too!!!!  That's why I love that verse that states..."Make a Joyful noise unto the Lord". Wink  I used to love to rock and sing to my kids...as soon as they could talk they's say, "Mama no sing".  That's the truth!!!  lol

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2010
    Options

LOL, I remember my grandpa "singing" in church, really he honked like a goose, and he'd say the Lord said make a joyful noise not beautiful music...

Patoo, I thought of you yesterday as I drove a 15-passenger van to work.  I'm in a van pool and a back-up driver when the main driver needs the day off, like yesterday. 

Bear in mind, these people have not seen me for a couple of months because of surgery and chemo.  I've been driving myself and/or telecommuting since end of Jan.  But am healed enough now to "manhandle" the van - good thing, it was real windy yesterday afternoon - and at a place in tx's where I felt well enough to drive other people approx 100 mi RT. 

The last time they saw me, I had a long gray braid.  Yesterday I had the punk grandma look with half-inch spikes of thinning white hair. I get into the drivers seat and say good morning to six or seven people.  You cut your hair, someone said.  Yes I did, I replied.  And said no more...'nuf said I thought, and started the van. 

It will become apparent soon enough.  I am going to work without camouflage.  If I have to go bald, so be it, this too shall pass and remember I'm shedding sins as I shed hairs, right?  So I hold up my head by the grace of God, and I hold up my spirit by the gift of Jesus Christ.  

Happy Easter everyone!  Anyone ever go to a sunrise service?  I did years ago at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado.  Very beautiful and very moving!

You're in my prayers sisters and here are some {{hugs}} if anyone needs one today. 

• lbmt
    edited April 2010
    Options

just wishing you all, a very very blessed Easter,

we are going to go to an Easter Service and then to our extended family for a brunch.

even though i have been on only a short time, i feel so close to all of you.

May God bless.

ground hog, i went bald too, as soon as i had some sprouts.

i would just grin at folks, if they asked, i would tell them about the chemo, in case someday one of them might have to walk this path we all have.

love and hugs, laurie

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi ladies...my name is Lucy and I am a Christian......Unfortunately my DH and DD do not follow my beliefs.....I have tried for some time but have gotten no where.....I know in time they both will come to the Lord as I have......I have been very blessed by the Lord and feel He has healed me as no one else can.....I just saw Spar's post on her leg healing and just wnat to say a quick Thank You, Lord for the healing.........I don't attend church but I do pray and do as much as I can for others........The church i used to attend was not much about community service but about how much they could acquire for themselves.....Also there was a lot of in fighting with the parishioners........

I want to wish you all a very Happy Easter tomorrow..........May the Good Lord bless you all today, tomorrow and always......

• patoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi Hollyann, my DS who lives with me and was raised in the church has also turned away.  It's not easy living in the same household with those that don't believe.  He challenges me at times but I refuse to rise to the bait.  I just live my life for the Lord and he sees the Holy Spirit that lives within.  I pray for him to return but it have left it on the altar and it is between him and God.

Have you thought about visiting other churches?  We had visitors to our church not long ago from the Roswell Assembly of God church.  Don't know if that is anywhere near you but they spoke highly of their church.  I think they have a website you can check out if you are interested.

Groundhog, I went to a sunrise service several years ago.  It was on a mountaintop and I only remember that it was so cold you couldn't think of anything else except when was it going to be over so we could get back in our cars and warm up.  I don't think they ever did it again.

Everyone have a wonderful Easter.

• kmccraw423
    edited April 2010
    Options

Good morning everyone!  Only my aunt and sister are still close to our church.  For other reasons the rest are not.  When you turn away from God who do you turn to for comfort?

Arnie ... also true story, one of my cats when I sang would come over and bite my arm - very gently - as if to say shutupm you're hurting my ears.  I swear - everytime I sang!

Lucy ... good evening.  I truly hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Groundhog ... I LOVE what your grandfather said and he's so right!  I now have a new outlook on my voice.

To Jo, Laurie, Patoo, and everyone whose name escapes my befuddled brain, Happy Easter.

• kmccraw423
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. for god so loved the world
  • patoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Wow, the original Ten Commandments is coming on now.  Of course they have 'colorized' it but I haven't seen it in years.  Hope I can stay awake.

• patoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

JO, thanks for those words.  Although I know they are true and speak them myself, it is hard sometimes.  Your words brought tears because I'm the only one in my family.  True some others profess to be believers but some of the things they say and do, and the choices they make, attest to the fact that they just don't know.  I will continue to pray for them all.

Only a few more hours to the empty tomb!

• arnie2two
    edited April 2010
    Options

I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold,

I am alive forevermore. (Revelation 1:18)

Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday everyone!!!!  xoxoxo

• cakeisgreat
    cakeisgreat Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hi, all!  Just wanted to say Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone!  My sweet MIL is here visiting, and I am enjoying her stay.  I ate my first treat since my surgery a month ago...tasty.  I will eat one tomorrow and that's it...prayers for self control please!

LOL--maybe I should post this on my diet thread or ELAB, ha ha!  

• bygracealone
    edited April 2010
    Options

God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, that everyone who has faith in him may not die but have eternal life. It was not to judge the world that God sent his Son into the world, but that through him the world might be saved.John 3:16, 17 NEB
  • BulldogluvrBeck
    BulldogluvrBeck Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Options

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Happy Resurrection Day to all my sisters in Christ.

May we all have a glorious Easter, filled with love, faith and grace. 

• patoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Yes, He has risen.  What a glorious day.

• lbmt
    edited April 2010
    Options

MY SAVIOR LIVES, MY SAVIOR LOVES, MY SAVIOR HE'S ALWAYS GONNA BE..

MY GOD HE  IS, MY GOD HE WAS, MY GOD HE'S ALWAYS GONNA BE.

HUGS, AND PRAYERS

• bygracealone
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
    Where, O death, is now your sting? Alleluia!
    Dying once, He all doth save, Alleluia!
    Where your victory, O grave? Alleluia!

Christ Is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!

• kmccraw423
    edited April 2010
    Options

I pray all had a wonderful Easter.  I couldn't help wondering how the celebration of eternal life turned into bunnies and eggs. 

Jo ... I am really trying to be a good example of a christian - its really hard.  I am always looking on the negative side - that needs to change!

Spar ... thanks for starting this thread,  Each and every day I need the faith of all these ladies to see me through and help me change.  Gosh, it is so easy to stray.

To all of you, thank you.

• lbmt
    edited April 2010
    Options

what a neat song, i don't think i have heard it.

my bible verse for today, was about staying in constant prayer, because of all the the sin around us.

Hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter.

love laurie

• bygracealone
    edited April 2010
    Options

kmccraw423  Don't know about the bunnies but This is what I had heard about the eggs.

The egg was a symbol of the rebirth of the earth in celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus.

There is quite an interesting article on Wikipedia     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg

Every day I try to remember to say thank you to God for all he does and gives in my life!Especially the gift of Jesus!

Sandra

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited April 2010
    Options

Sadlly I had to work Easter Sunday and take peoples' money! Dirty lucre....