thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited September 2016

Nancy, that is a powerful verse, thank you for posting it. I'm feeling sad today I went to see my oncologist and my latest treatment (Ibrance/Faslodex) has failed after four months. I am starting to get a little apprehensive about going through so many treatments and afraid I will run out of options, please pray for me that I may cling to faith that God will provide relief to my anxiety. Thankfully even though there seems the cancer is on the move again this time to my left femur and knee but I have minimal pain, so that's why I'm thankful for. Next week I should start 10 treatments of radiation to the femur and knee and in three weeks I should start a new treatment (Xeloda) which is oral chemo. Trust in the Lord with all your might, and lean not in your own understanding.

Thanks

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2016

Aurora,

I was just getting ready to fix dinner and I saw your post come through before shutting down my computer. I am so sorry that your treatments did not have the results you needed. I am certainly praying that your next treatment plan will work and praying you can get through your radiation treatments. I know this is a big blow but don't give up. Praying for you dear sister. Keep reading that verse above.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2016

Praying Aurora. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited September 2016

Aurora

Lifting you up in prayer!!!!!

God has you. We all love you. G

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2016

Amen G and it is GREAT to see your post. I hope you are gaining strength daily.

Aurora, you are covered in prayer.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2016

Good afternoon, ladies;

Today is an anniversary of sorts...six years ago today I had a mammogram because of finding an area of thickness in my left breast. Deep down I knew what it was....but was in a state of shock. The next month was a blur...surgeon appts, lumpectomy, SNB, and recovery. One month later on October 29, I was told the surgery was successful and had no evidence that the IDC tumor had spread. One moment I remember vividly was God speaking to me in church, the Sunday before my lumpectomy. He said "Give it to me." As much as I humanly could, I gave this to Him.

Although I had a second diagnosis in 2014 of DCIS, I thank God daily for His healing. I have not endured chemo therapy, but I have seen the effects on so many women. This journey is still ongoing today, but it has provided me with many opportunities to talk with others about God's healing, and the importance of early detection through self examination. I was able to work through both surgeries and radiation treatments, so my coworkers were able to see God's grace, mercy and healing. Even though painful still, I would have never met my friend Fonnie who was such an inspiration to me and to so many others if I hadn't been going through radiation. For me she was the face of dignity through her fight...Looking forward to that reunion in Heaven

For those who are experiencing pain, side effects, loss of energy, financial difficulties...I pray for you daily. None of us know the future...but we know Who holds it.

Love you all....Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2016

Ellen, thanks for sharing your journey. The world doesn't quite understand how we can feel blessed during our journey but I know so many of you could share the blessings you have received in your journey. I know many of you are in that part of your journey where fear is your challenge. This scripture is for all of you who need to have victory over fear which we all understand and we have all been there.

God bless you today dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 34:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
    5 Those who look to him are radiant;
    their faces are never covered with shame.
    6 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
    he saved him out of all his troubles.
    7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them.

• auroaya
    edited September 2016

Amen and thanks for all the prayers sisters. I'm still feeling a little bit disappointed of my latest news but praying for peace and acceptance. His Will be done and not mine.

Thanks

Auror

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2016

Aurora, I think you are incredibly brave and I pray that the Lord will give you peace as you move forward.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Joanne, you know I am praying. I felt this was a fitting banner as so many of you dear ladies are going through such deep waters. It has rained here for days and I know many of you have been dealing with your personal storms for a very long time. I am praying for you and I know God is STILL in control no matter how dark it may look and as you watch the rain still falling.

There will be a rainbow at the end of these storms for every one of you that are Christians. I keep hearing and singing that song that says Thy Will Be Done. God Bless You dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

I was about to post a pic or a rainbow. You beat me to it! Yours is prettier anyway!

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Sometimes God is waiting for us to come to the end of ourselves so He can do His perfect work in us.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2016

Jo, praying for you and your husbands continued strength and your daughter.

Aurora, praying that you have the next treatment plan in place soon. Also praying for peace as they come up with the next plan.

Praying for all always.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Good to hear from you Angie. Pray all is well. I know this is a busy time for us and feel we are all scattered right now. I continue to pray for you.

My Dad who has been gone for quite a few years was an avid Cubs fan as some of you know. The Cubs are a team that has broken the fans hearts for years but they keep coming back for more. This year they are expected to win the world series and if they do it will be the first time since 1908. My Dad would have been so thrilled to watch them this year winning their division very early in the season. I just had to post this in his honor. I will be at my mom's in a few days and will be staying with her about nine days. Her 91st birthday is next week and we will be celebrating that.

The sun is out today. First in many days. I am so thankful for that. Take care dear sisters.

Love,l

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Hi Dear ladies,

I know that some of you may be in the path of this hurricane and some have family in the midst of it. My neighbors had a big family vacation right where the storm is supposed to hit in Florida. I know Joanne has family in the path as well and they are having trouble getting out of town.

I pray for protection for those who are in danger, for those who have been ordered to evacuate and for those trying to fly back home and can't get a way out. I pray for the victims families that have already been taken in Haiti and possibly other places.

I will be traveling to my mom's soon and may not be online for a short while until I get settled at her house.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited October 2016

Nancy, thank you for the prayers. I live in Orlando and it looks like a direct hit is unlikely but still close enough to the coast to receive rain and winds. I have a radiation appointment tomorrow at 9:30 am and then at 1:30pm my PT therapist is coming to see me at home, after that we'll hunker down in place. God bless us.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Aurora, I have been praying for you and praying your treatments go well. Is your radiation apt tomorrow just to get you set up or is this your first treatment?

I have not seen the thread this slow in a very long time. I know many are very busy and I am as well. I am in a mess with my bp meds because someone at the pharmacy made a huge mistake and now I am paying for it. Trying to get this mess straightened out before I leave for my mom's.

I know several of you ladies are in the midst of a treatment change and I have especially been praying for you along with the other stage four ladies.

Praying for all of you dear ladies and praying that the Lord will encompass each of you with His love and provision and peace.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited October 2016

Echoing the prayers for all those in the storm's path and also for the poor people of Haiti who have been hit so many times with these kindsof storms.

I pray also for so many of you who are having so much to deal with in addition to cancer. I've been reading and praying along but not posting much. I do have a request for your prayers tonight though. I'm having a PET scan on Friday the 4th and I'm asking for good results. My anxiety this time has been pretty bad. I know I just need to trust in God that all will be well, but that's not always so easy.

Nancy, your posters are always right on target. Thank you for keeping us going. Have a safe and good visit with your mother.

God bless us all, Love

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Faith, is that Nov. 4th? Will be praying for that.

• auroaya
    edited October 2016

Nancy praying for your meds issue to be resolved swiftly. Tomorrow is just visit with the rads onc to get the scope of treatment. Thank you for praying.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Thank you Aurora. Will be praying for your upcoming rads.

Faith, here is a banner for you for peace in your personal storm and for all that are in the path of this hurricane and or feeling the effects of it or needed peace for whatever storms are swirling around you.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited October 2016

Nancy, I had the date wrong. It's actually tomorrow, Friday Oct. 7th. Thank you for your prayers and banner. Safe travels.

Joanne, I will keep your family and all those in the path of the storm in my prayers.

Love, Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Faith, I had just had a feeling you were not talking about in Nov. I am praying for peace and for a good outcome for your scan tomorrow.

Joanne, I have been praying hard for your family and will continue to do so.

I couldn't sleep as my heart was racing due to a big mistake that my pharmacy made and that I have no choice at this point but pray that they have some for me downstate that I can get on Friday night. This is a med you can't just stop taking. My pcp is not in the office on Thursdays but I have alerted him to the issue.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited October 2016

Nancy, thank you for your continued prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about your meds issue and the racing heart. That's awful, that this mistake was made.

Jo I will continue to pray for your family and all those in the storms path. I actually have many friends down in the southeast coast of Florida and my brother is in Jacksonville. Praying for all!

Love, Faith (in the future

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

My granddaughter Alexia's probation officer refused to sign for her to get into the rehab the court gave pemission for. She was suppised to go this morning. My daughter got a call from the probation officer this morning at 10am after the car was packed. My daughter called the lawyer and he is taking over. Hopefully a court order to override the probation officer will be issued so she can get in tomorrow and Valentina next week....with no interference from child protective services which she was threatened with!

Storms of all sorts. My husband's brother is in Titusville where evacuations have taken place. He's chosen to ride it out at home. Also a very dear friend and her husband were camping in their trailer north of Orlando. They are driving west now then north to try to get to safety.

Nahum 1:3 The Lord has his way in the storm and the whirlwind and the clouds are the dust of His feet. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

My husband's brother is ok. My friend is also ok. God kept the storm off the coast and protected all out loved ones. All glory to Him who calms our storms.

My daughter is waiting to hear from the lawyer about my granddaughter Alexia getting into rehab. God is able. Love, Jean

Praying as I read for all the needs.

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2016

Good afternoon, ladies;

Thankful that the storm didn't make direct hit on FL...watching it carefully as it moves north...I live inland in NC but our immediate area had 8-10" with flash flooding last Thursday. Friends from our church lost their home from flood waters, many roads were closed so praying that heavy rains don't create more problems. Had to drive 20 miles further on a different route to Bible Study because of closed roads. Praying not only for those in its path but for farmers who are racing to harvest crops before the rain and winds hit; our emergency personnel and law enforcement, doctors, health care professionals who risk their own lives to help others; those who depend on oxygen and machines for health issues and face losing power for days...so many people affected....

Blessings to you all...Praying for your needs...Elle

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Alexia is finally scheduled to go into rehab on Monday. Not the place that will take Valentina right away. They are supposed to take her after Alexia has been in for a month. My daughter is disappointed that she wasn't approved to go in with Val immediately and she will have to care for her in the meantime while working full time. Please pray all goes smoothly.

Continuing prayers for all affected by the hurricane. Also for all of you dear ladies needs, especially Jo, Nancy, Faith and Aurora.