thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2016

Lynn, never feel guilty for being happy. It's what we all strive for. We have ups and downs. Enjoy your up!

Praying for all of the concerns here.

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2016

Today I am grateful for my 12 step meeting tonight that focused on of all things...gratitude! I am begining to realize God wants me to be as His word says, thankful in all things. It's easy to be grateful for the good stuff. Natural even. It's a little harder to thank Him when everything seems to be falling apart. So tonight I am grateful for my granddaughter and for her mess. Sounds a bit crazy but that's what God says we are to do. "Be anxious for nothing". Love from your crazy, gratefull sister Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Today I am grateful for a quiet morning. The rain outside sounds so soothing. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2016

Thank you God for prayers answered for a personal issue.

I started radiation to my left knee and femur Thursday and today I'm feeling horrible, I have the chills and I'm light headed. I've done two of ten so far. Please pray.

Thank you

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited October 2016

Amen to Mini and Jeans post.

Joanne, love the banner and the message.

Aurora, I will be praying that you feel much better. I have not heard of a reaction to rads like that. I am praying that the cause is some other thing so you can finish the rads as needed. Praying dear sis.

I hope this weekend is a blessing to you dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2016

Joanne love the post. Praying for all those unspoken requests and for all of us.

I saw the onco on Friday. He is giving me a break from Xeloda due to the hand/foot syndrome. Feet and hands really bad and not much appetite. Also he agreed I can now get the gallbladder out so I will be having surgery on Nov. 3. I'm praying no complications and the 2 week break from Xeloda will give my body time to get stronger.

It has been very windy here and cold. Snow was flying just over the ridge in WV. Winter is on the way. I love all the seasons God gives me to enjoy.

Praying all of you have a good nights sleep

Charlotte

• tatatootsie62
    tatatootsie62 Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2016

Hi Lita, your experiences and your indestructible faith in God is a beacon to those still in the

crooks and crannies of darkness...and to me. I am newly diagnosed, found the first "lump"

myself, subsequent test, MRI's revealed smaller lesions undectable to ultrasound. Well, my surgeon

and my plastic surgeon and my radiologist feel that bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction is the

wisest and best option for me. Not sure yet if I have to have chemo or radiation, but after the tumor

is staged, my oncologist will proceed with the best appropriate plan of care, I am confident. My surgery

is scheduled for Nov 1st. I will keep everyone posted....in the meantime I have to make lists and notes

so that I won't forget anything. I have a wonderful support system...an I have God in my life.!!!

• tatatootsie62
    edited October 2016

Nancy, all is going smoothly...it's almost too good to be true, but I know that it is

because God is answering my prayers, desires, thoughts, wishes, etc and also

the prayers of those who are all praying for me; surgery is set for Nov 1st. As I

have a million things to do before that date (or so it seems) I will keep all of you

posted on my progress and prognosis. Godspeed to all!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited October 2016

Thanks, tatatootsie

Capinva, my hand and foot syndrome from the Xeloda is getting pretty bad, too. I'm thinking of taking a break in December (around my birthday). I can't make a fist or open jars anymore, even on my OFF CYCLE week. Just feels like I have carpal tunnel all the time, plus stiff, burning, tingling, and throbbing. Miserable! But I hear some of the Aromatase Inhibitors are even worse when it comes to SEs :o(.

Did you get major discoloration of your hands and wrinkling below your finger nails? It looks like I have monkey fingers!

Enjoy that extra week to recuperate.

Lita

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Welcome Tata...will be praying. Prayers,for all here. Lita, you are an inspiration.

I am grateful for going with hubby to see my daughter her hubby and my great granddaughter after church today. Love, Jean. PS No word from my granddaughter yet.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Dear ladies,

I will post more later. There is a marathon in town this morning and my neighborhood is blocked so I have to go way out of town and around to get to church today so leaving early.

Praying for you dear ladies as I know your needs are great.

Love,

Nancy

• tatatootsie62
    edited October 2016

Lita, I take it that you either have severe arthritis or another auto-immune debilitating condition. Are

your maladies side effects of the medications you have had to take for the BC? I am hoping that I

will have as few side effects as possible. I am still new at this, but I am reading all the literature my

nurse navigator gave me.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Patty we will be praying for your surgery on Nov. 1. I find it interesting that you had an MRI that showed more things, At first I was surprised you were going to have so much surgery but then read your post again and realized why, I am curious how it was determined you needed an MRI or is that usual procedure in your clinic. I am sure you have a million things to get in place but i remember once I had a plan it place it seems like things get somewhat less crazy because now you know something is about to be done. You will go into battle mode and I think it is a relief to know things are moving forward.

Have your oncologists said anything about an onco type test. You may now about that already but it is just another tool to help them determine if chemo is neeed.

Charlotte, we will be praying for your gallbladder surgery on Nov, 3. I know another lady on this thread had trouble with Xeloda with her feet and hands I believe. I am glad you will get a break from it, Praying that your surgery will help alleviate your symptoms and that you will have a quick recovery. Dealing with more than one thing can be a lot to deal with,

Aurora, praying that you feel much better.

Faith, praying that your sore throat will go away and they this infection will be completely gone.

Take care dear sisters and know I am praying for you,

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

For those of you who know Foots (Debbie) please pray for her. She is struggling with many physical challenges. She has been so faithful for years posting her poems and prayers on our thread and on another thread and she needs our prayers now.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited October 2016

Tata: I have degenerative arthritis in my lumbar spine, along with four compression fractures PLUS the cancer mets back there.

I also have carpal tunnel syndrome from my decades of work in accounting. I have it in both wrists because I started using my left hand to do menial tasks around the house to spare my right hand/wrist. The Xometa makes the carpal tunnel worse, unfortunately.

I told my MO that I'd rather stick to Xometa because I hear the SEs from aromatase inhibitors are even nastier.

Thanks for asking :o).

Lita

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Lord, I pray that you will increase the power of the weak and give strength to the weary. There are great needs on this thread and many do not know what their future holds. None of us knows your divine plan for us because if you gave us a road map of our lives from the beginning we would have no need to trust You. We may be frightened by the obstacles and treacherous ground that lie ahead that we would be afraid to live our lives the way you intended us to live. Your Word tells us that we are strangers in a foreign land. You never intended for this life on earth to be it. We are only passing through this sin laden world to a much greater eternity that you have made for us that believe in you. Let us not waiver in our trust because of the trials of this earth. Let us grab hold of you and never let go. You are our strength when we feel like we have none left. You are made strong in our weakness. Nothing in your kingdom makes sense to our human intellect. Our college degrees and many letters after our name can sometimes be our biggest stumbling blocks because we try to figure it all out for ourselves. Lord, help us to trust you more each day and to enter into the peace that only you can bring in the storms of our personal life and the storms of this earth. Amen.

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Today I am again grateful for the beauty of fall. I am grateful that Jesus has entrusted me with my dear hubby to care for. Grateful too for whatever he is doing in my daughter's family during this difficult season. Grateful finally for a beautiful visit with my daughter, son in law and great granddaughter. No word on Alexia yet. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Today I am grateful for falling back to sleep after getting up at 5am. Jesus gave me 2 more hours of sleep. Love , Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Today I am grateful for God's plan for my granddaughter and to save my family, even though I don't know the details. Love , Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Aurora, how are you doing? Have you resumed rads or was that why you were feeling so awful?

Faith, are you getting over your lung infection at this point?

Jean, still praying for your family.

Joanne, still praying for your family's court situation.

All dear ladies, I am praying for your needs as I know many are great needs.

Have a good weekend and look for God's blessings for YOU.

We have three ladies having surgery in November. Let's lift them up as they prepare for their surgeries.

Patty, mastectomy.

Ellen, hip replacement

Charlotte, for gallbladder removal.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Psalm 23King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

King James Version (KJV)

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2016

Amen on those verses Nancy! Yes I'm still getting rads three more sessions to go. Last weekend was the worse I'm feeling better now I asked the doctor for more náusea medicine and they gave it to me. Also yesterday I started my new systemic treatment (Xeloda) which has its whole set of side effects so please pray they are mild or non-existent. Praying for each one here.

Auror

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited October 2016

Nancy, your verses and banners always seem to be the right words at the right times. They are always comforting. I am feeling better, I think the lung infection is better. I still have some fatigue but I think it's just the SE's of the meds. Thank you for asking and praying for me and everyone here

I haven't posted much because I'm having trouble with the keyboard on my iPad. There's a lag that drives me crazy ever since I updated it. I'm going to have to take it in but there's just too much going on to take the time to do it. I'm not sure if I congratulated you on getting your calendar published and into a gift shop. I hope it's selling well. You should be very proud of yourself. That's quite an accomplishment.

I've been reading and praying for all the needs here as there seem to be so many. Satan is really working hard all over the world. We need to pray for our dear sisters who are so ill and have family problems too. It just doesn't seem fair. And we need to pray for this country, no matter who wins this election, I feel there will still be so much turmoil in this country and the world.

May God bless us all,

Love, Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Thank you Faith. I continue to pray for you. Computer problems when you are dealing with so much is very disappointing I am sure. After having my computer with the Geek Squad for several days a few weeks ago it is still not right.

I am watching a nail biter with the Cubs and the Indians in the 7th inning stretch.

My calendars are going over well. It is a gamble to know how to prepare if I need to put in another order or not. This is new territory for me for sure. I am just amazed at what the Lord has done and I am happy that it is published and out now. I put a ton of hours into this project but it was a lot of fun and a lot of work all at the same time.

I am enjoying this weather. I still have flowers in bloom as if it was the middle of summer. Pretty unreal for this late in October but I am not complaining.

Aurora, I am so glad to hear that you have been able to continue your rads and so glad to her you only have three more treatments. I will be praying for you new chemo drug. I hope the nausea meds will help you deal with all the SE's. I continue to pray for you.

I hope you and all the ladies have a good weekend and that the stress that so many are going through can be alleviated by some pleasant distractions or better yet by a miracle of God.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Nancy, your post of Psalm 23 was an amazing conformation. I gave a testimony last night and opened with a meditation on that very psalm! Thank you.

I am grateful this early morning that I was finally able to share with my hubby about what's going on with our granddaughter Alexia . Such a blessing to be able to share, comfort each other and pray for them. Please pray for my daughter and her husband as they decide what to do about the baby. Also for their marriage as they've been living apart since the my granddaughter had the breakdown in July. They have been married for 28 yrs and they say they're ok but I worry. I hope my daughter goes back home soon.

Praying as I read the posts. Love , Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2016

Jean, I love it when God does those type of things.

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2016

Today I am grateful for a wonderful visit with the kids and my great granddaughter Valentina . It looks like they are leaning toward keeping her! We offered any help, financial, emotional, actual caregiving and anything else we could do. Please keep praying for them and my missing granddaughter. I also think we need to pray earnestly for the election and the future of our country. Hope you all had a blessed weekend. Love , Jean

• tatatootsie62
    edited October 2016

Charlotte, Nancy, Jean, Lita and all of my sisters on this website....sorry for radio silence but this past week has

been anything but uneventful. My doctors where I work here in Huntsville, AL ( I am a nurse at a 6 surgeon ophthalmology

practice) have overwhelmed me with support, love, friendship and you name it ! I have completed my pre-op labs, EKG and

chest x-ray and am good to go. My surgery is Tuesday at 3 pm; I have a wonderful surgical team, and working in the medical

field I sort of have carte blanche of who I want....and I have the two best surgeons in Huntsville. My co-workers and the

doctors all wore pink on Friday in support and honor of me; I cannot begin to tell you how touching that was; I had all I

could do to get through the day. My family is assured and at peace to know that I am loved and cared for by my peers. My church

has set up a meal plan for me and my at home care-taker once I leave the hospital.....there are no words to express the happiness

and gratitude that I feel in my heart. And most importantly, my heavenly Father has seen to it that everything has fallen into place for

me.

Charlotte, I am praying for your grand-daughter...I can relate to substance abuse; my youngest son went through a "mess" in

his life, but triumphed over it.

Lita, have you ever heard of "bone broth"? Amazon sells the powder form and it helps connective tissue problems...also taking

turmeric twice daily is suppose to help inflammation from any joint or musculo-skeletal issue; I have tried it and the arthritis

in my neck does not bother me as much as it use to. I have no oncology follow-up as yet, but it's coming soon pending the

pathology results of my cancer and the lymph nodes, then my oncologist can better map out a proper care plan, I am confident.

Praying for all, big hugs to all and will keep you posted, in Christian love, Patty.