Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2022

Wendy, my ONC prescribed Magic Mouthwash when I received IV chemo. It was dispensed by a compounding pharmacy.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited December 2022

Wendy, yes, it is dexamethasone mouth wash. I have been on Zometa for 6 1/2 years and so far no jaw problems. They do ask me every time I go in. And yes, Hand n Foot syndrom can happen with targeted therapy. I have not had IV chemo yet but did get mild HnF with Xeloda.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2022

teka, it's good to hear from you! I hope today is a better day for you and all of us. I see my MO today, and hopefully will discuss the stuff in my lungs (groundglass opacity).

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited December 2022

Hi ladies,

I did not have a chance to post yesterday. I finally made it back to church since my surgery in Oct. I also went to another church to see my good friend and husband in the choir for this really great Christmas concert with narrators telling the story of Jesus birth. I hadn't been a part of a candle light service in many years and it was very special. I came home and crashed I was so worn out but it was a good day.

Wendy, I am praying that you will be able to tolerate Xeloda. Just an FYI. I did this detox diet last year and am still trying to get back on it. This was under the care of a doctor plus Zoom sessions every week with a nutritionist. Their thought is that you should take your body weight and then drink have of your body weight in ounces of water.

Carol, praying that you will get some good info with your MO today on these spots on your lungs.

Chris, how are you feeling? I am glad you can share with Wendy your experience with Xeloda. Unfortunately Cammie only used her litter box that one day and now we are back to not knowing where she is going. I do have a black light but it shows up all the other times she went on the carpet which doesn't come out even with professional treatment. I am handling it better this time around and not in panic mode which I am sure she can sense in me. Was is a post traumatic reaction after hearing the water main construction outside my house for two months. Who knows.

Teka, SO great to hear from you. Continued prayers for a very successful recovery.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited December 2022

Thank you, Nancy. I had a good visit with my MO today. She is referring me to a pulmonologist to follow the groundglass opacity in my lung. We're both pretty confident that it's related to COVID and not to cancer, but she wants to be sure. They offered me an appointment on 12/29, but that didn't work, so I'll see him/her on January 9.

I'm glad you were able to go to the church service. It sounded wonderful! Were you able to sit comfortably?

I'm looking forward to turning in early tonight. Lately, by about 8:00 pm, I can't wait to crawl into bed! DH turns on the mattress pad warmer and I get to crawl into a warm bed. Just for comparison, our bathroom temperature is in the mid-50s, and the kitchen is not much warmer unless I have the oven on. We're used to just bundling up, but I do like crawling into a toasty bed!

Sweet dreams,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Carol, your heated mattress pad sounds great. I am guessing if you live in San Diego you don't have furnaces. Is that right? Going to bed early is something I gave up for Lent. LOL I did get to bed a little earlier than usual and woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and then couldn't get back to sleep. I just get up and make more tea and that usually helps.

That is too bad you have to wait until Jan. to see the pulmonologist. I hope you can put that out of your mind for a few weeks. I have scarring on my lungs from pneumonia and another incident so hopefully that is all it is.

For those of you who may never see snow this Christmas you can jump into this Christmas scene. Actually you would think in the Chicago area we would have white Christmas's all the time but actually not very much the last few years or so it seems.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2022

Carol, we never turned on our heat in SD except for an occasional space heater in the bathroom. I have no idea what our renters do. I like your idea of a heating pad in the bed...you are smart!

Nancy, We had a little dusting this morning...about an inch or two. It is not letting me show you so I need to figure out why. We lost our heat for a couple of days--not good for Colorado! But they were quick to fix it. Thank goodness for the fireplace.

Slept some last night but had to get up and take a pain pill. Wrapped presents this morning so I am just about done except for the cooking. Trying to get it done early since my son arrives Thursday. I will sit on the heating pad today for the back pain. It is what happens when I do anything.

Stay warm!

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2022

Carol, I'm with you concerning a cool bedroom and a warm bed. When I was a little girl, my grandmother would prepare hot water bottles and slip them under the covers just before my bedtime. Ahhh...perfect winter slumber.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Chris, I know your son was to arrive yesterday. I hope you have a wonderful time with him and I hope you pain is better. You sound like you are doing great in your Christmas preparations.

Hershey, praying that your DH is doing better and that you continue to test negative!!

We have some snow now at by the looks of the weather we just might have a white Christmas.

God bless all of your dear sisters as we look forward to Jesus birth.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Teka, your backyard looks like a White Christmas for you too. Beautiful! Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring a complete healing to you as you recover from your knee replacement.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2022

Teka, nice snow!

Nancy, looks like we may not have a white Christmas but unfortunately it looks like snow when my son is supposed to leave next Wednesday. He flies out of Denver which is always dicey this time of year. We are having a good time. My son loves to cook so we did our menu planning and shopping trip this morning. It is nice having someone else cook! I am not feeling great but today is ok so far. We didn't go out to the Bar B Que dinner last night because it was snowing and it was on the other side of town in the mountains. So we wimped out and ordered pizza since it was too late to cook. The roads are clear today but it is cold 23* and windy.

I pray everyone has a safe and warm Christmas.

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2022

Dear ladies,

Nice snow pictures, thank you for the reminder that it can be beautiful :) We've had rain, snow and wind so now we are left with lots of ice under the snow and bitter cold single digits and below zero temps coming. I didn't make it to my MO appointment on Tuesday because we decided it not worth the risk of traveling that far on ice. I was surprised they didn't want a virtual appointment but wanted to see me in person so I set it up for January 3. I have an EGD next Tuesday, scheduled to be there at 6:00 am . It's supposed to be -10 Monday night and the high on Tuesday is -2 but at least it is right here in town at the surgery center. Thank you for your prayers that there are no more ulcers and that the IV goes real smoothly.

Scarlett, welcome here and congratulations on being a 25 year survivor! We will continue to pray for you! Carol, I'm praying that the disturbance in the lungs is just related to COVID and otherwise everything else is fine. Chris, you are right when you say flying out of Denver this time of year is dicey! I fly to AZ fairly often and it's a popular route to change planes in Denver, but I avoid it at Christmas time. Of course that isn't possible if that is where your destination is. I'm praying that you will be feeling better each day and enjoying all of your family and your son being there too. Hershey, hot water bottles in bed sound wonderful, I might have to try it! Praying that your DH is feeling better and that you are still negative for the virus. GB praying that your work situation is improving and that you've found great shoes for your feet. Wendy, we'll be praying for your new treatment to be effective with very little side effects. Teka, continuing to pray for complete recovery from your knee replacement and that the therapy gets easier each time. Nancy, I'm praying that you'll be able to sleep and that Cammie would use the litter box faithfully, also that you will be feeling as good as new soon.

Have a very blessed Christmas each one of you, remembering you all in prayer!

Love, Wheatfields

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2022

Wheatfields, you are being prudent not attempting a long drive on icy roads. I will pray for your safe travel on Tuesday morning. The temperature predictions sound positively arctic.

Chris, I hope you are enjoying your time with family. I agree about flying into and out of DIA. Every time we are there, major renovations are underway. The terminal seems to be in perpetual construction.

I have taken seven(!) home COVID tests, each one 48 hours apart. All negative. My husband finally tested negative yesterday, praise God. Thank you for your prayers.

• weninwi
    weninwi Member Posts: 777
    edited December 2022

Happy 4th Sunday in Advent to All....the candle this week is purple. Some Advent wreaths have five candles - the fifth candle is white for Christmas. Today at church we sang "People Look East" an Advent hymn written by children's author Eleanor Farjeon (1881-1965). The music is a traditional French carol. I recognized the hymn, but don't recall hearing it very often. There are of course several versions on YouTube. I was convicted by the first stanza, as my house is a mess:

People, look east. The time is near
    Of the crowning of the year.
    Make your house fair as you are able,
    Trim the hearth and set the table.
    People, look east and sing today:
    Love, the guest, is on the way.

Hope everyone has a good week, with continued healing and minimal problems.

Wendy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Hi everyone. I was sure I had posted so either a cyber space mystery or senior moment. I prefer to think of the former!!!

Wheatfields, sorry you couldn't get to your oncology apt but Jan. will be here in a flash. Praying for your procedure tomorrow. I hope they find that your meds were working. Be careful on all that ice and snow. We are expecting brutal weather and I will be driving in it as I will leave for my sister's downstate on Christmas Eve.

Chris, I bet you will have snow soon if not already. I hope you had a good time with your son. I think he is leaving in a couple of days. I hope the big storm coming will not affect his flight. I hope you are feeling better.

Carol, praying for a Merry Christmas and complete healing for you and your DH.

Wendy, yes, this is the last week of Advent. In the devotional I am using for Advent this is the week of Love. Praying you are adapting to your meds. Merry Christmas.

Hershey, I am praying you are still testing negative. I just ordered more of those free kits. I have quite a few but could never find the expiration date on them. Praying your DH is recovering with no lingering problems.

GB, I know this is your busy time. I am praying that your shoes you found are working for your pain. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and hopefully some time off your feet.

Teka, praying you and your family have a wonderful Christmas with continued healing prayers for you.

Scarlett, Merry Christmas. Feel free to post anytime.

Unfortunately I got word yesterday that my cousin's wife passed away. She had been in hospice and was in quite a bit of pain so I know she is in heaven now and pain free. It is a hard time to lose a loved one and my heart aches for their family and especially for my cousin who had a very special relationship with my Mom. At our Christmas family reunions my Mom would play piano and my cousin Donny would play his accordion. Those are very special memories as we no longer have the Christmas reunion anymore.

As we approach this special day of Jesus birth try to take a breath amid all of the stresses that can come with this season. Know that your house doesn't have to be perfect and sometimes less is more.

As Christians we can have that Joy of Christmas every day in our heart if we only allow Him to come in and commune with us each day.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited December 2022

Nancy, you're so good at remembering and mentioning everyone! Thank you, as always, for your kind and encouraging words. I hope you're feeling better, too. We're heading out to the desert, hopefully today, to spend a week or so with my dad, sister and BIL. I'm waiting on an Amazon delivery which includes gifts for my BIL and our kids. DH is going to go skiing for a few days in Mammoth. My BIL will arrive on the 26th and we'll have our Christmas then.

I hope everyone is staying warm, dry, and healthy.

I ordered a couple of books (one for me and one for my sister). The title is "Fasting and Feasting in Worship and Warfare." It's a 40-day devotional book and I heard the woman who wrote it on an Intermittent Fasting podcast. I'll let you know what I think. The intermittent fasting is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be and I'm seeing some positive changes in my body. I'll keep you all posted.

Love to all,

Carol

Here is a link to the book, if anyone is interested:

Fasting & Feasting In Worship & Warfare: A 40 Day Devotional Journal: Goldstein, Jennifer: 9798786540445: Amazon.com: Books

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2022

Nancy, please be careful as you make your Cristmas Eve drive. I read this morning that the Chicago area will be hit very hard by this storm. I am praying for your safety.

Carol, I'll be interested in learning more about your experiences with intermittent fasting. I fast for 13 hours and haven't lost any weight (but haven't gained any either). I am thankful for that, especially during the holiday season.

Wheatfields, I hope your appointment went well today and you are resting at home. Has the omeprazole made a difference for you?

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2022

Nancy, yes, please be careful driving Christmas eve, the temperatures are so bitter cold, and we'll be praying for your safety. Carol, the desert sounds kinda nice right now. Do have a wonderful time. And Hershey I'm so glad you keep right on testing negative, praying for your health and a blessed Christmas. My appointment did go well today, thank you everyone for your prayers. The IV went in well, and I was sitting there quite pleased but then they came rolling in to draw blood and my nurse friend said, well the doctor wanted to test a couple things. So wouldn't you know I started crying, and when I cry it's hard to stop. I wondered if they were thinking is this 7 or 70? But the lady who drew blood was very kind and did well. Also, in the end the doctor said there was no sign of the 3 ulcers and to keep taking the omeprazole. So that was a definite answer to prayer. I had wondered if it was helping because the stomach still burns at times but it must have, and I probably just have the chronic dyspepsia that they had said before. I'm somewhat concerned about staying on omeprazole forever because I've read it's not good for the bones and I already have osteoporosis. I'm in a conflict of what I think about Arimidex, Boniva and now Omeprazole and what natural medicine says about those and bones. I know Arimidex is necessary but it can decrease bone density. So that is why the MO required Boniva with it which I think isn't good for the bones, keeping them brittle. So I don't really want to add Omeprazole to the pot because good bones need acid and Omeprazole blocks acid. But then I don't want another ulcer either. Praying for you all a safe and blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Hi dear sisters. I will NOT be going down to my sisters for Christmas. I think we all came the conclusion sometime this morning that it was just going to be way too dangerous driving. I had about a 3 1/2 hr drive and my niece coming from Iowa had 4-5 hrs. There is predicted white out conditions and dangerously low wind chills and very high winds with snow. So I think we are shooting for another time which hasn't been decided but probably in two weeks to have our Christmas. I don't believe this has ever happened before.

I called the vet today and thankfully they had a cancellation for tomorrow. I knew I needed to have Cammie checked out to be sure nothing physical is the reason for her not using her littler box. I will be anxious to find out what is going on.

Carol, it sounds like if your DH is going skiing for a couple of days he must be feeling good now so that is good to hear. Your trip to the desert sounds great about now!!!! Have a wonderful time with your family.

Hershey, you are doing great warding off those nasty Covid germs. Thank God for that. How is your DH doing?

Wheatfields, I am glad to hear that the ulcers are gone but I can feel your apprehension regarding the meds and what to do and not to do. I just had a bone density scan recently and after being on Arimidex for five years and ending in July of 2019 I have not seen any negatives from taking it. I know that doesn't help your decision but I just thought I would throw that out there. I am really sorry that the blood draw took you by surprise. I have a feeling that you are certainly not alone in your fear of needles and that the person doing the draw has dealt with this before so I hope you weren't too hard on yourself and I am sure they didn't think of you any differently. When I was in high school I was terribly afraid of getting my shots for school. In fact one time I knew I was there to get shots and they were taking my blood pressure first and I felt faint and they had to get smelling salts for me. I think that took the nurse by surprise but fear is fear and it is very real to the person experiencing it.

I will pray for wisdom regarding your meds and how you should proceed. It seems like there should be something you could take for your stomach burning. I saw an alt. doctor along with my traditional doctors for 17 before he passed away a couple of years ago. These acid blockers were definitely meds that there was opposite opinions. I had been on one of them for a very long time and I would only see my gastroenterologist when it was time to have my scopes. I finally stopped taking mine and I know when I told him he was quite surprised. I didn't have any problems from stopping it and I was taking my for GERD but I was not dealing with ulcers. God will direct you if you reach out to him.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• weninwi
    edited December 2022

Merry Christmas to All - Good Tidings of Great Joy

I put a big smile on this snow man as some days smiles are few...I wasn't sure I could still get down on the ground to roll up the snow balls and stack them three high...but my muscles and back held up and Mr. Frosty likes our cold temps. Nancy's comment about her trust muscles getting a work out made me smile. My husband and I plan to drop off small gifts for his sibs who live in the area. The drive gets us out into the country side which I enjoy. My sibs have escaped to Florida and Europe so they get cards. I'm not well enough to stay up for midnight Mass, so will go to church Christmas morning, and afterwards we will have a quiet day at home with a crackling fire place on the TV screen and Christmas music playing in the background - I never tire of the Cambridge Singers. Wishing everyone a safe and peaceful holiday.

Wendy

• intolight
    edited December 2022

Wheatfields, I am happy to hear your IV went in well even though you had a moment with your blood draw. I totally get a mini-melt down. I have had far too many of those lately! After so many years my veins are finally rebelling so I now have a port. Even though there is still a "stick" every time, it is far better than the struggles to find an IV site.

As far as omeprazole, I have been on it since my original diagnosis. My oncologist is not concerned about the lenght of time as long as she continues to check my creatinine level. I have tried to go off it several times but my gerd comes roaring back. I do get Zometa for my bones every three months. Otherwise I do well.

Nancy, I think it is a good call to not travel to your sister's even though it means delaying your Christmas. It is sad and I will think of you! I am cancelling my pt for tomorrow also. It will be minus 20 and it will snow tonight so it is likely to be very icey. It is just not worth it. We live on the plains outside the city so the wind tends to blow also. My son leaves this morning and it is clear so he should be fine. My daughter flies to San Diego tonight for a quick trip so my granddaughter can see her dad. They will return Christmas Eve so it will be quiet around here for a couple of days. Gives me time to recuperate as I am quite exhausted.

Sending prayers for Carol, Hershey and Teka that you and your families will recover and be able to enjoy a good Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all here that you will be able to enjoy this season.

Love, Chris

• hersheykiss
    edited December 2022

Nancy, it must be so disappointing to delay your family's Christmas celebration. However, given the weather predictions, it's very wise to postpone your and your niece's travel plans. I imagine MANY family get togethers will be impacted by this weather system. I'm thankful that you, your niece, and your sister will be safe and sound this weekend. I am thinking about all of you.

Wendy, Mr. Frosty is a handsome and festive fellow. Job well done!

Chris, I hope your daughter and granddaughter have a lovely trip to San Diego. Is the puppy going with them?

My husband has an appointment with his doctor tomorrow after work. Tuesday's rapid COVID test showed a faint positive for him. We both have appointments on Friday for pneumonia vaccines, but my husband may cancel his depending on the doctor's advice.

I want to share a poem. You've no doubt seen it or heard it recited before Christmas. There are many variations, including a children's version featuring Mary and Joe(!). This version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" was authored by Angie Mosteller and is one of my favorites.

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the earth,

Every creature was stirring, awaiting a birth.

The time for Messiah was certainly near,

The prophets foretold it; the Bible was clear.

From the book of beginnings, the very first sin,

God's word made it clear how His grace entered in.

Born of a virgin, He'd come as a man.

The Creator among us, the time was at hand.

The stars were arranged to show marvelous things,

Setting Wise Men to journey and find the true King.

Shepherds in Bethlehem gazed on the sky,

Longing to see him, their Lord the Most High.

How could they know that the very next night

An angel of God would speak words of delight?

How the Savior was born, it was news of great joy.

In a cloth and a manger they'd find the dear boy.

And a heavenly host would soon join to sing

Of the glory of God and of wonderful things.

He entered creation, set position aside,

To show us how deeply his love did abide.

Sin sent us away from our almighty Lord.

He became one of us that we might be restored.

He's the Prince of our Peace; He's the one who makes whole.

He is Wisdom Incarnate, a Shepherd of Souls.

He's the Author of Life; He's the Ruler of All.

He can offer salvation, on His name we call.

The shepherds and Wise Men would bow to adore

Holy God among men, our greatest reward.

All glory and honor is due to this King.

Let all join in worship; let every tongue sing.

Jesus is Lord, all creation proclaims.

He's the first and last, He is always the same.

History turned on the first Christmas day,

When God became man in a humble display.

As we think of the manger in which He was laid,

Let our hearts welcome Him to the world He made!

• weninwi
    edited December 2022

hersheykiss,

I was unfamiliar with the "Night Before Christmas" version by Angie Mosteller. Thank you for sharing.

Wendy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2022

Hi dear sisters.

Cammie went to the vet today. Initially the vet didn't think she had a UTI but after she did some blood work and her white cell count was elevated so she gave her an antibiotic shot so she could have a UTI. I didn't think to ask her when she would feel a difference. Hopefully soon. When I was in the parking lot at the vets before taking Cammie in I noticed my eye was feeling weird. I looked at it in the mirror and it looked really red. UGH I knew there wasn't time to do much about it if it was infected. I just bought some OTC eye drops and praying it is just irritation from some eye shadow. I had errands to run and everyone had the same idea of stocking up for this snow storm. I don't think I have even gone to the grocery store when they were out of white baking potatoes. I have had such a time with insomnia that it has caught up with me and I have basically spent the rest of the day in my recliner. My sister texted me while I was waiting for Cammie and she had a heart racing episode and she passed out and was nauseated. So I am relieved that we are not getting together this weekend for her sake. She wore a heart monitor for a while and never had an episode like she has had off and on for a couple of years. She did not let her doctor know so I am trying to convince her she needs to tell him.

Wendy, I love your snowman. His smile lights up the the whole scene. I do have a fireplace but I haven't used it for almost 14 years because Cammie was such a handful when she was younger I was sure she would try to jump in the fire and ask questions later!! Maybe I need to tune into the TV as well with the safe fireSmile

Hershey, thanks for sharing that version of The Night Before Christmas. I don't think I have ever read that before. I love it! I have heard experts say that you can test positive for Covid for a very long time. I sure hope that won't be the case for your DH.

Chris, I hope your son got back home safely and your daughter and granddaughter made it safely to SD. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and feel well to enjoy it.

I am hunkered down and will probably enjoy some movies during this time of keeping warm and out of the big snow storm that is about to hit us. The weatherman said that tomorrow it will be 60 degrees colder than today and today was cold enough!!!! Thankfully I have neighbors that shovel for me. I do pay them so I don't feel like I am taking advantage of them. They just keep my snow blower in their garage. I am praying that my eyes will not turn into a full blown infection which would not be good with the predicted horrible road conditions.

I have watched most of the famous Christmas movies but I really don't mind knowing that my family will get together hopefully soon. I have not seen them in a year.

Have a good night all.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited December 2022

Wendy, I love, love your snowman. All our decorations are store-bought. A neighbor has put up eight--no nine life-size reindeer and a sleigh. They sent a note to the comunity saying everyone is welcome to stop by and take pictures and climb in the sleigh. It is amazing. I will try to send a photo. It is supposed to reach a high of 6* tomorrow with snow so my DH stopped at the store right stocking up after taking my DD to the airport. I couldn't go with him as I don't feel well today. Fortunately since my son was here we have lots of leftovers and food so we should be good for most things.

Nancy, I love watching Christmas movies over and over again and do a lot of that lately. I also just finished crocheting a Grinch because I can... It's not perfect but it was fun.

Stay warm everyone!

imageimage

• weninwi
    edited December 2022

intolight,

Your Grinch made me smile.....very creative! Thank you.

Wendy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2022

Hi everyone, crazy week. My husband had to have emergency surgery so I've been home with him. He's ok, it was a routine problem. But I think Christmas is going to be a little weird (again). I was going to take all of next week off to relax, but now I don't think that will happen because of taking off much of this week. Sigh. It would be nice to use vacation time for non medical purposes! Coworkers go on vacation. We go to the doctor. Oh well, right?

• intolight
    edited December 2022

GB, so sorry to read of yet more troubles. I will be praying for you and your husband, and that somehow you can squeeze out a little Christmas cheer. God bless you abundantly!

• sunshine99
    edited December 2022

Good grief! Trying to respond here, but mini-crisis going on here at my dad's. His refrigerator was leaking. DH was trying to fix it, but created another problem. Called a repair person to some out today, then decided to just replace the fridge. What a pain trying to find one that will not stick out too far. Found one and it will be delivered and installed tomorrow. In the meantime, I was trying to cancel the repair guy but couldn't reach anyone. Finally did, cancelled the appointment, so I won't have to pay the service call fee. Guess we're cleaning out the freezer for dinner. Thankfully it's not too full.

Hershey, I love that poem. I've not seen that before.

Nancy, haven't you been through enough? Praying for you, your sister, and Cammie.

Intolight, that's crazy and very cool! I love your Grinch!

Gb, I'm sorry your DH needed surgery. I hope he heals quickly.

Love to all
  • hersheykiss
    edited December 2022

Oh GB, I'm sorry to read about your husband's emergency surgery. I hope he is on the mend and the two of you find some Christmas peace and good cheer.

Chris, your neighbor's reindeer display is so lifelike. Mr. Grinch is adorable. I like the way you finished his fingers.

Wheatfields, Chris, and Nancy -- I hope you are keeping warm and not going out today. I feel bad for the farmers and ranchers who are outside tending to their livestock. This arctic cold snap is not fit for man nor beast.