Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited February 2023

Teka, I love your picture. Made me laugh on a day I really needed it!

I have been quietly reading of everyone's medicare woes. The government pays insurance brokers to help with medicare insurance issues free to us. The broker I used is Boomer Benefits https://boomerbenefits.com/ Boomer Benefits. They are out of Fort Worth but help anyone. I would contact them immediately and tell them of your issues. They really helped me when I moved from California to Colorado. I got immediate help and I have been very pleased with my medicare coverage and help since. It is worth a try. Make sure anyone you contact does not charge you for helping. The government already pays them.

Carol, I woke up in awful headache pain today and am praying my pain meds take care of it. I am sure my onc office would only tell me to take the medicine and see if it works. I had a brain MRI six weeks ago and all was clear so there is no fear in that, and my labs last week were good. I think it may be associated with my tooth issues. I am trying to manage for three weeks until my appointment. I think they would take me in an emergency but I am not sure that is necessary. The pain meds seem to be helping already.

It is predicted we will have 50 degree weather three days in a row starting tomorrow. I am sure the warmth will help too.

Jean, I am so pleased with your results.

Blessings, Chris

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited February 2023

Wow. I didn't have a chance to post and a lot of news. I apparently missed an important phone call from the HOA board while I was on my Zoom Bible study with ear buds in. I had made a lunch date with a good friend who lives about an hour away from me. We met at a place out of town. While I was getting ready I checked my voice mail on my landline and I had missed this call from a HOA board member saying there is a pre meeting for Wed night. What a day. I had a good time with my friend and then spent a long time at this meeting at one of our board members homes. Trying to squeeze in my homework from my Beth Moore Class today to make up for no time yesterday. Then a board member called today and we talked forever so I am really trying not to get overwhelmed.

On a positive I have felt peace about the credit score fiasco. There is more to the story and I have to wait until things are officially resolved and then I will talk to my credit card billing dispute dept after I found out my rights on how they report to the credit bureaus. So I am very grateful for this peace that I feel even though not much has changed but I know this is the Lord.

Teka, your post was so funny. I have been so busy today I don't know if Phil saw his shadow or not and then I don't even remember what that means if he does. LOL I just know there is snow on the ground and it's winter and spring will come when it comes. I am SO happy for you to hear your PT has come to and end and how well you are doing. That is awesome that you are pain free standing at your stove. No more flamingo stances!!!!

Chris, thank you for sharing that devotional. That was really good. I am sorry you are having such headaches. That is one of the side effects of my suppositories and so I can sympathize. I wish you didn't have to wait so long to get into your dentist.

Hershey, I was at my pharmacy late last night giving them my new Medicare card. The thought that occurred to me is if you have meds you need which I imagine you do could you have the pharmacy call UHC and see if they could take your information from them. Of course you could pay out of pocket and then submit your claim to insurance but that might be very expensive and take a long time to get reimbursed. You probably feel as helpless as I do regarding my credit fiasco. I just had to give it to the Lord because I was going to have a stroke if I didn't. As unfair as both of our situations are I know God is in the fixing business and can work behind the scenes for both of us. Praying for a quick resolution for yoHa u.

On a positive note Cammie has used her box four days in a row. She hasn't done anything today but God allowed me to try something that really worked.

Have good night all.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited February 2023

Nancy, I've found the Beth Moore studies to be truly life changing. I just did Breaking Free on my own (we're between churches, long and painful story there). I found the videos on YouTube and ordered a book. I'm doing Believing God right now. I also really liked Living Free, which taught me to pray God's word.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited February 2023

Have any of you gone through the Experiencing God workbooks? We did a number of years ago when we had a home Bible study group at our house. It was wonderful and changed our prayer lives. The authors names are Blackaby and Blackaby. I think they're a father and son team, but I'm not sure.

gb, I'm sorry about your "long and painful" church experience. We've had a few of those. They are really hard, and although I wouldn't say it tested our faith, it was a truly awful experience that I hope I never have to go through again. It did strengthen our grasp on our God because there was nothing humanly possible we could do. But then, isn't that how it often works?

We're here visiting my dad. He turned 90 last weekend. Last night we sat up and he told us stories of his younger days when he was an orthopedic resident and later a hand surgeon. He talked about re-attaching fingers on a patient's hand and how he prayed through the entire procedure. Marty and I always pray with him before we leave each time to head back home. I think he really appreciates it, and the presence of the Holy Spirit in his home there is very evident. We feel so blessed to be able to spend time with him and pray with him.

We had his new oven and dishwasher installed yesterday. The refrigerator and microwave probably won't come until June, but that's OK. The microwave still works and he has a mini-fridge which he loves. The old dishwasher still worked, but it didn't match the new appliances, so we decided to replace it. The new one is quite nice, but I couldn't bear to think of the still-good old one to go into a landfill somewhere. Best Buy hauled off the old oven, but they left the dishwasher in the garage. Our gardener is going to take it. I felt like it was God speaking to me when I got the idea of asking Manuel if he wanted a perfectly good dishwasher. He's the sweetest man and his wife has been coming to clean for my dad once a month.

Sorry for the ramble. Guess I'm feeling chatty this morning.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Littlebear, how did your apt with your surgeon go yesterday? How are you doing?

GB, I agree that Beth Moore's teaching are really life changing. I can't believe how much I have learned in just a few days by doing her workbook. How are things going? I am really sorry to hear about your church situation. I have never gone through that before but my church downstate when visiting my Mom when she was still living had an awful break and it was really bad. That church closed it's doors right before the pandemic. Very sad.

Carol, I am not familiar with that study but whenever we are delving into the Bible and really studying it it has to bring life because it is the living Word. Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!!! Can you hear me singing to himSmile. I am glad that some of his appliances are in and that Manuel was gifted with a dishwasher. I love it when those things happen. How are your headaches? I will have to share some day about my Mom and how a hand surgeon played a huge part in her life. Your Dad would enjoy hearing this story as well.

I had this very strong prompting for several days to go to my local bank and talk to the chief loan officer about my credit card fiasco and ask his advice. He was so kind and helpful and several times we laughed out loud and I am sure the whole bank could hear us. I showed him my credit report and he said your score should not have taken this huge dive because of a dispute with your credit card account. He said the score "should" go up within 6mos to a year. That was hard to hear. He did suggest some things and even though the cc company didn't insist I do this I am going to bite the bullet and have a new card issued. He didn't suggest this but I think I am going to put a lock on all three credit bureaus so no one can fraudulently open an account posing as me.

My reading through the Bible in a year and then with the Beth Moore study I am getting the Word in my head and heart several times a day which is just what I need to give me peace. I can't believe the difference from Monday when I realized my score had dropped to what I feel now. I won't say it has been constant peace but when I start to feel that helplessness I realize that God has got this and I can rest in that. He will guide me in how to proceed.

Take care dear sisters. It is bright and sunny today and I am loving it. Temps to rise from yesterdays frigid temps to the 40's today. Spring is coming. YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2023

Hello ladies,

I am back from AZ, I had a good time although the flight home which was to be direct was diverted to Denver because of a medical emergency. A poor lady was taken off the plane needing oxygen and medical attention. So we sat in Denver on the plane for almost 4 hours before we left again. I thought of you Chris and prayed that you were resting comfortably at home and feeling well. Jean I am so thankful for your good test results and Carol thank you for sharing about your Dad's 90th birthday and praying together. Nancy, I'm continuing in prayer for your credit card issue to be straightened out and relief from any pain or discomfort from your recent surgery. Hershey I'm also praying for your insurance issues to be worked out and Littlebear we are praying for you and a peace that passes all understanding.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Welcome home Wheatfields. I am glad you had a good time at your sisters and I am glad you made it safely home. The emergency trip to Denver was hopefully a God send to the lady needing medical attention but it is too bad it created such a long wait time for everyone else. Thank you for your prayers. I see my surgeon on Tuesday and unless a miracle happens between now and then my suppository treatment has not made much of a difference but plenty of side effects which have made me feel miserable. I would appreciate prayers for guidance going forward.

Have a good night. Thanks for posting and letting us know you are safely home.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited February 2023

Wheatfields, you wrote a lovely note. I am sorry to hear of your long wait in the diversion to Denver. Usually planes get diverted around Denver for weather issues.

Nancy, I am sorry to hear the suppositories are not working. I have been praying for a miracle for you. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am also praying Cammie continues to do well with her box. Hershey, have you received your insurance cards yet? I am praying God moves mountains for you. LittleBear I join wheatfields and the others in praying God sends you peace and adds many blessings to your days.

Next week is quiet but the week after that I have two scans and a Dr appointment. Hopefully I will feel better by then and my teeth issues will remain quiet for the week after when I have a dentist appointment. Tomorrow my daughter is taking my granddaughter skiing for the first time. In the past I would have gone with them but I can't trust a long drive anymore. I do miss skiing and all the fuss and fun of ski lodges. I stay home a lot more now except for medical appointments.

Blessings, Chris

• gb2115
    edited February 2023

Carol, I recall doing Experiencing God many many years ago, like possibly 20 or so. I remember liking it, will have to take another look! It's interesting though...since we left our church I have weathered my mother's death and my second breast cancer, and have grown closer to Jesus than I ever had before. Doesn't speak well for my former church, which was sadly focused on growing numbers and telling us what we were doing wrong. I kept being pressured to serve in areas which were not a good fit and that fueled my anxiety--I would dread going. When I brought this up I was literally told to "change your personality" by leadership. Also the sermons on how anxiety is sin and you don't know Jesus if you're anxious were getting to me. I will never forget how defeated that made me feel. I needed help and encouragement, not scolding. My husband was burned by leadership in ways too, worse than me. When we left because we couldn't take it anymore, all of our "friends" ghosted us. I've since realized they weren't genuine friendships like I thought, which was devastating. It makes it hard to want to step out and try a new place. But I'm praying about this regularly because it's something we do want. It's hard too because I don't like being in crowds, so sitting in a sanctuary, I'll just be sitting there imagining who's droplets I'm breathing.

Anyway, Nancy, to answer your question I'm hanging in there. My daughter and I caught the crud going around, so I'm getting over that. Next Zoladex this week, antsy about it because of the last one!

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 703
    edited February 2023

Great news! Our insurance cards arrived yesterday!!

I spent the afternoon uploading images of the cards to our patient portal accounts and going to the pharmacy to pick up my husband's heart medication. Good thing, too, because his last pill on hand was tomorrow's dose.

GB, I'm so sorry about the experiences with the previous church. My family dealt with that in the past; it was difficult and sad to walk away, but assurances were broken and we no longer trusted church leadership. I pray that you find a local church that meets your family's spiritual needs.

Wheatfields, welcome home! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with your sister.

Carol, your father sounds like a wonderful spirit-filled man.

Chris, I hope that your teeth are not bothering you too much. Are you able to take any pain relievers if they act up?

Nancy, I'm glad that you are considering freezes to your credit reports. If you suspect fraud, you may also place a free fraud alert with the credit bureaus. A business will be required to verify your identity before it issues new credit in your name. You don't have to contact all three bureaus. The credit bureau you notify must tell the other two to place a fraud alert on your credit report. The alert lasts one year; after a year, you can renew it.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

• sunshine99
    edited February 2023

Nancy, thank you for the good wishes for my dad. We're having a really good visit with him. I'd love to hear the story about your mom. My dad is/was very well known in his field and has written numerous journal articles and co-authored a book on hand surgery. His name is James R. Doyle. He practiced in San Francisco for a number of years and then in Hawaii. We spent 2 years in Illinois while he was in the Air Force.

I'm glad you got to talk to someone face-to-face at your bank. I'm glad you got to laugh together. I'm sure people were wondering what was so funny! Yay for the warmer temps!!!

Wheatfields, I hope the passenger was OK and am glad you're back home.

Chris, will be praying for you with your upcoming scans, doctor's appointment and dental issues. DH wants me to go with him on his next ski trip. Apparently, there is a lodge halfway up the mountain. I can ride the gondola both directions and can hang out there. He can meet me for lunch and I can hang out, drink hot chocolate, read, and knit. I'm intrigued by the idea.

Gb, the pain of church-related trauma can be awful. The one place you expect to feel safe and loved turns out not to be that at all. I haven't heard squat from our former pastor about my Stage IV diagnosis. I was diagnosed right when COVID shut everything down and we were doing Zoom church. He retired during that time, but I thought it was strange that he never reached out. My DH is the head elder at the church (small church, no one else wanted the job) and he's never responded to any messages from my husband. It's just weird. Fortunately, our eyes are fixed on Jesus, not on any pastor or church.

Hershey! YAY!!! I'm SO glad to hear that your insurance cards arrived.

I'm sitting here enjoying my second cup (decaf) of coffee and some pumpkin bread my dad bought. It's earlier than I usually start eating, but hey, it was calling my name.

Blessings to all,

Carol

• intolight
    edited February 2023

Hersheykiss, yay! I am so glad to hear you received your insurance cards. What a relief!

Gb, it always hurts to read of leadership problems in the church. My husband pastored churches for 25 years. He did well and then God called him to training pastors which he did in various universities until he retired a couple of years ago. But we watched painfully many churches struggle in this way in our journey. I have no answers for you other than prayer. I know there are good churches out there and it is sad that we have to seek them out. A good friend of mine recently published a book "Trauma in the Pews." I just ordered my copy and haven't read it yet but it has rave reviews by parishioners and pastors alike, some whom I know. I will let you all know what I think once I read it. She is now in high demand as a speaker and highly qualified.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Hi everyone. I have come up for air and will try to remember all the posts that I have read.

GB, I am praying that your next infusion will be MUCH easier than your last one. I will also be praying that your family can find a really good church that will be a good fit for all of you. As you can tell just from our little community here that what you have experienced is not just you but quite a few others have mentioned issues with their churches as well. It is very sad but once you can find a church that will really challenge you to grow and accept you for who you are it will be a wonderful thing.

Hershey, all I can say is YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Isn't it just like God to come through right before your DH needed his heart meds.

Thank you for sharing your past incidence of credit card fraud. There is actually a difference between a lock and a freeze on your credit report. I have to go back and reread that but it sounds like a lock is easier to do and undo. I just received a communication with one of the credit bureaus that I spoke to that told me they would remove the remark on my credit report that my credit card company sent basically saying I disputed something on my account. This multi page document I received sounded like a lot of legalese that I am trying to digest and not doing a very good job of it. I may call them and asked about it. Nowhere does it specifically say what was removed. They said I filed a dispute with the credit bureau which is inaccurate. I simply called for clarification and then the agent offered to remove the remark. I never officially filed a dispute so at this point I am not sure what I will do next. I wanted to receive the communication from the credit bureau before calling my credit card company again.

Chris, I will see my surgeon tomorrow and then see what he will want to do. Frankly I would like to do nothing for a month and see what happens since the last many weeks have been pretty miserable with the treatments offered. I know you have a big week next week. I pray you can have a good and relaxing week this week and that you feel much better than you have. I can just imagine how excited Bria was to go skiing. I remember my very first time skiing when I was a fairly new teacher and we had a day off of school so several of us young teachers went skiing. I remember all of these little kids whizzing by me like little pros and I was falling and getting up and falling.......... I know it must be very difficult to not be able to do the things you used to do.

Carol, I am not sure if you are still visiting your Dad but hopefully you are enjoying being with him. Since this post is already very long and I have to fix dinner I will promise to share my Mom's story with you and you can pass along to your Dad, who I did look up. He sounds like he was quite famous in his field. I know you must be so proud of him.

Littlebear, we are praying for you.

Teka, I am so glad you now have graduated from PT. I imagine you will still have to do a lot of home exercises but in your cold north country I am sure staying home will be a wonderful thing in February.

Have a great night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    edited February 2023

Hello ladies,

I don't understand how it is with this website but it is much easier to read posts than to log in to say something. GB we will be praying for your next infusion and that it will go very smoothly, and also for your church situation that you would find one that meets your needs and as Nancy says will accept everyone as they are. Chris, I'll be praying for your scans and dental work and that all would be well and you'll be feeling better. Nancy, I'm continuing in prayer for your pain and a solution, also the credit card frustration. Hershey, I'm so thankful your medications and insurance trouble is being resolved. Littlebear, we are praying for you!

While I was in AZ my one eye was burning all the time, so when I returned home I went to the eye doctor and he said it appears that there is a scratch on the surface of it. So I've been doing antibiotic drops, and he said to keep it flooded with preservative free over the counter drops and to do a warm compress several times a day. Then I go back tomorrow and if it still is inflamed then he will add a steroid drop. Also, I've had this other new problem, and both times I've asked a doctor about it they say its' bladder irritation or a sensitive bladder. But it's a dull ache way down low. I'm wondering if it may be brought on by fruit, I love fruit and can eat lots of it. But I noticed in AZ at my sister's, they don't eat that much fruit, and it was much better, until one day my brother in law made a fruit smoothie for everyone and then it acted up again.

Oh, and the temperatures are in the 30's pushing 40 and our snow is melting and I'm very happy about that. I wish I knew how the lady who was taken off the plane in Denver is doing? As a librarian in a law library I did a fair amount of research and I tried to figure it out but have not yet. And with all the privacy laws they probably wouldn't dare let information like that leak out except that a plane made an emergency landing.

Have a wonderful week.

Love, Wheatfileds

• sunshine99
    edited February 2023

wheatfields, I'm sorry about your eye and your bladder thing. I've never heard of fruit causing bladder issues, but I guess that would make sense when you think about the acids (or whatever) in fruit that cause your bladder discomfort. I hope your eye feels better soon.

I pulled the trigger on signing up for Medicare - YIKES! How can I possibly be old enough for Medicare? I found a good agent (it that what they're called?) who was recommended by an attorney friend of mine. I'm going to go with the original Medicare with A, B, D and G (which I think is the "supplemental" or what they used to call Medi-gap.) I also decided to start collecting Social Security. The amount is lower than it would be if I waited, but with my health issues, it makes sense to start collecting it now.

I also called my insurance company to check on the status of the authorization for my brain MRI. I figured it wouldn't hurt to check directly with them, rather than waiting for the authorization letter to come in the mail. They told me that it was approved, so I got on the phone with ancillary scheduling and was able to schedule my MRI for March 3. So, right now, I have my CT and bone scans scheduled for 2/27, an appointment with the pulmonologist on the 1st, the MRI on the 3rd, and then I'll see my MO on the 6th. Whew! That's a lot of appointments. I'm going to ask my MO whether my husband can go with me to my appointment with her in the event that the scans show something new or bad.

I'm praying for peace in the meantime. I don't have a good feeling about this MRI but will hold onto the promises of God.

Nancy, thinking of you this morning, and hoping you are getting some relief from your issues. This may sound weird, but sometimes I'm a bit jealous of my husband who has NO issues in the bathroom - if you know what I mean. It just ain't fair! ;)

Love to all,

Carol

• intolight
    edited February 2023

Carol, wow, that is a lot of appointments, but it is what we do... I have medigap and it has worked well for me. I am happy with my coverage. I will be praying for your MRI and scans. We will go through them together! My scans are next week. My brain MRI was clear, thank the Lord, but I know your fear. If I hadn't already had it I would be asking for one but I think my headaches are due to dental issues. We shall see.

Wheatfields, I will be praying for your eye issue. That is so weird! Littlebear, you are in my daily prayers.

• hersheykiss
    edited February 2023

Wheatfields, I'm so sorry about the scratched cornea. That can be quite sensitive and painful, and I hope the antibiotics quickly heal it. I am a big fruit eater, and YES! Fruit can irritate the bladder. Other foods can too, but acidic fruits and beverages are the usual suspects. Vitamin C supplements are bladder irritants as well.

Chris, I'm so happy that the MRI was clear! Praise Jesus!

Carol, we will be praying for good outcomes on the scans and at your appointments. And congratulations on getting the Medicare and Social Security applications rolling! Those are big steps forward.

Nancy, I hope you are beginning to see a light at the end of the credit bureau tunnel.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Hi Ladies,

I have read all of your posts and will respond to each of you tomorrow. Cammie will be put under tomorrow and have an extensive ultrasound workup. I have to get her to the vet very early and it is out of town. I have been waiting just a little as i have to take up her food at midnight and I really want to get to bed but she hasn't eaten much all day so I want to give her every opportunity. I am a little fearful of what else they might find.

A quick note regarding my surgeon's visit. Post surgery when I ran into problems the two different treatments he gave me basically didn't work. I had real doubts as his logic wasn't making sense to me since I know my body pretty well. So this time around I finally know what the problem is and I don't necessarily have to see him anymore but basically I have a break in the skin which is the culprit. I have several modes of treatments which to me finally makes sense. I said so this will eventually heal and he said it should. So I have to say that when I left his office even though the present circumstances have not changed at all I finally had hope that there would be an end to this and I was almost giddy driving home. I am not sure why the products I have used for this are so expensive but they are. I will try them out tomorrow. I did already have some of the things he suggested such as the sitz bath again. Not sure if you all knew there is something called a peri bottle which is like a cheap portable hand bidet. I bought one before my surgery and it does help. With this new lotion I hope this will finally heal this thing that has seemingly had no ending.

So Teka I think maybe we were both feeling some similar joy in our situation.

Take care dear sisters. if you think of it pray for Cammie. She has had a rough time with this chronic pancreatitis she has been dealing with for quite a long time. She will be 14 and that is a concern having her being heavily sedated more than her usual tomorrow morning.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited February 2023

Nancy, my heart almost stopped when I started reading that you were having Cammie put under. I got as far as "put" and immediately thought of the worst. I will pray for her. We used to sing a kids' song in church, "God sees the little sparrow fall, it meets His tender view. If God so loves the little birds, I know He loves me, too." God loves little Cammie, right?

I pray that you get relief soon. You've been going through this WAY too long.

Love, hugs, prayers, and blessings,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Carol, Cammie has been at the vet all day. I just picked her up at 3:30. The vet called me at home before I picked her up. That is nothing unusual but I just didn't have a good feeling about this ultrasound work up.

Cammie lost a considerable amount of weight when I took her to the vet in Dec. I was stunned. She has a lot of hair so can hide these things. She has been eating more and I was just absolutely sure the vet would say she has gained weight but she didn't. She lost more weight. She possibly has cancer and I am in a horrible situation. I am taking a conservative route first and it is a compounding drug so I won't get it until next week. She has irritable bowel disease besides the chronic pancreatitis and there were changes to her intestines. To nail down a cancer diagnosis she would have to do a biopsy of the intestines which is of course very expensive and then if it was cancer I didn't even ask her on the phone what that would mean as far as treatment but when I picked her up the vet was already gone. The tech spent a of time talking to me and she said she would have the vet call me tomorrow. They will check her weight in a month and that will tell if this new med is working. The vet told me that this med using the transdermal method is not as effective as the pill form but Cammie in the past has not been successful with pills hidden in her food. She won't let me give her a pill orally. The vet did say if it is lymphoma that cats can live quite a long time with that. There were no tumors and the lymph nodes that looked okay.

Then if that wasn't enough of a blow we were talking on the phone about her living to be 16. My previous cat had to be put down at 16. I thought Cammie was going to be 14 and she is actually going to be 15 in March. I read that on the way home and I just wanted to cry.

I know of people who have literally paid many thousand dollars on their pets with cancer and I can't see putting her through that at her age.

So I finish my compounding suppository yesterday only to have Cammie go on one. Actually I had more pain today without the suppository so now I am in a quandry.

So this has been a difficult time for sure.

I know you have many apts and an MRI and have so much on your plate I am sorry to unload on you like this. I do pray everything will be alright.

I will post another time for everyone else. Wheatfields, I know you have a lot going on too. There has been on our news the last couple of days about these eye drops that have been recalled because they were causing blindness. It was natural tears by Ezri or something like that. You might want to google that and be sure you don't have that brand.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited February 2023

Nancy, we had a cat with lymphoma once...she had to get steroid shots for a long time. Sorry you have to go through this. It's hard to watch the kitties have a hard time.

I have Zoladex shot this afternoon. I figure if I don't end up in the OR, I'm winning. Lol.

• hersheykiss
    edited February 2023

Nancy, I'm so sorry that yesterday was stressful and upsetting for you. I do hope the vet can provide some helpful information and guidance. How is Cammie feeling today? I will be praying for her and for you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Hi everyone. I will try to remember everything that has been posted.

Wheatfields, here is some info I found for you. Last week, the CDC warned about two contaminated brands of eye drops that are the subject of a recall – Delsam Pharma's Artificial Tears and EzriCare Artificial Tears. I hope your scratched eye heals quickly. Whenever I hear of anyone talking about a dull pain down low I think of when I strain my hip flexor muscle. It presents by a dull pain down low. One of my friends I had lunch with recently was going to see her doctor after our lunch for a dull ache. I told her I bet it is only muscle as she was fearful of bladder cancer. She is also a bc survivor. She texted me after her apt and it was in fact a muscle strain. I used to see a muscle therapist for many years until I retired and I had issues with that muscle quite a bit. I have not experienced bladder issues with fruit but obviously from reading the posts that can be an issue. Praying for both things to resolve for you. I imagine you are happy with the warmer temps as I am here in IL.

Carol, welcome to the senior crowd!!!!!! I remember thinking the same types of things when I started Medicare. I thought that was only for old people. Then I looked in the mirror and said I guess I am old now. LOL Age is just a number, right? I am glad you have a plan now and feel good about that. I don't get much at all from Social Security from the gazillion clarinet lessons I taught besides my band directing positions in the schools but I took mine early too. I know you have a lot of apts starting the end of Feb. Praying that all goes well for your typical scans and for your brain MRI.

Chris, I know you have scans next week and praying that all goes well for that. How are you holding up until you see your dentist? Praying you are feeling better.

GB, praying for your infusion this afternoon. Thanks for sharing about your cat experience. In fact the timing of reading your post came in handy because I still had questions for my vet so she called me again today and I asked her about the steroid injections. I will be using a daily ear ointment for Cammie which is a steroid. I have used an appetite stimulant with her which is also an ear ointment and it had to be refrigerated. I swear Cammie has a sixth sense and when I opened up the fridge and got that med out she knew what I was up to and would start to run. Now how in the world did she know since I open the fridge many times in a day!!!!

Teka, yes Cammies weight stabilizing would be a God send. She was eating well but apparently was not digesting in such a way as to get the needed nutrients. Hopefully when the compound med is ready on Thursday it will have a positive effect. How are you feeling now that you have been released from PT? Are you still like that young colt kicking it's legs up in that open field. LOL

Hershey, thank you for your prayers for me and for Cammie. I am doing better today after reading through my Beth Moore study. Today Beth got very personal and it hit me right where I needed it. I spent another long time on the phone with my credit card company. It is frustrating how each company wants to point the area of responsibility towards each other. God is teaching me much patience and I already thought I was pretty patient!!!! I have not had time to write one of the credit bureaus who could not properly authenticate my ID on the phone and yet this agency gives me a credit score. That is quite interesting and disturbing all wrapped into one.

Cammie is sleeping off the anesthesia as she had much more of it than her usual. She has to be sedated every time I take her to the vet. Last night her poor hind legs found it very difficult to jump up on things. She couldn't get settled and kept walking around and trying to jump up on things. She looked like a drunken sailor and I was a bit concerned but the vet said that is normal. She is sleeping a lot today but that is what she usually does.

Carol, yes I believe God loves Cammie too. He is giving me mercy and grace for this day. Today we are studying the manna from heaven. It is so good. I could feel God's comfort seeping into my whole being as I read portions of Beth's commentary. God is good. Thank you for your concern.

Littlebear, how are you doing?

Thank you all for being an encouragement to me. I have to say i have been in a long period of trial and testing and each week seems to have brought another challenge more difficult than the others. I appreciate each of you so much. Hershey, my sister wanted me to tell you how she appreciated your post about the Prolia shots. She stopped the oral meds and her doctor has suggested those shots. She is afraid of the side effects. She is older than I am and has been very fortunate to not have to be on a lot of meds so this is a big step for her. I hope she at least tries it.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

• hersheykiss
    edited February 2023

Beautiful banner, Nancy.

I completely understand your sister's apprehension and fear about trying Prolia. I felt the same things. I am the worrier in my family, and I built up the fear of Prolia, its side effects, and possible reactions. When all was said and done, I thought to myself "now that wasn't so bad." I hope your sister's experience will be smooth sailing, and I will be praying for her peace of mind.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

Thanks Hershey. My sister is currently wearing a heart monitor for the second time as she has some issues the doctor hasn't been able to pin down yet so I know she is concerned about the side effects regarding the heart. I have never had any meds that lasted for 6mos so I understand the fear of that regarding side effects. She is in great shape for her age and does a lot of physical work as she is a master naturalist and spends hours of volunteer work to keep up her certification. I fear she could easily break a hip or something like that if she doesn't do this treatment. I will pass along your encouragement for her.

Have a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    edited February 2023

Nancy, that is a beautiful banner, thank you for sharing. I had kind of forgotten about that verse. Thank you also for your information concerning eye drops. I don't use any of those in question but stick just to Refresh and Systane preservative free drops. Also, about a pulled muscle, I do remember the doctor asking me once if I had pulled a muscle. Keeping you in prayer and also, Cammie. Praying that the pain you have can be easily resolved. Hershey, thank you for mentioning the Vitamin C supplements, I did cut those out and noticed a big difference, plus if I limit the fruit to 2 servings a day I seem to do pretty well. I was back to the eye doctor Wednesday and he said the eye looks better but there was still some inflammation and so he prescribed a steroid drop to use along with the antibiotic drop twice a day for another week. GB I'm praying that this afternoon went well. Keeping you all in prayer!

Love, Wheatfields

• gb2115
    edited February 2023

Nancy, that's one of my favorite verses. Actually 2nd Corinthians is, in my opinion, one of the best books in the Bible. I keep coming back to it. Isaiah too. It would be nice to do an in-depth study on both of those.

My Zoladex shot went great! It was a new nurse (to me) and I barely felt it. I feel better about all of that now.

The next hurdle for me is deep cleaning around two of my molars next week. I have pretty bad dental anxiety so I already feel bad the periodontist has to deal with me. She offered me oral sedation but it was $300 for them to monitor me taking Ativan. That's expensive (!!!) so I said no. I will get my entire upper numbed, but not the bottom. It's a molar on each side where the gum has been chronically irritated for years, ever since starting Tamoxifen way back when. I think the cancer meds have made my gums tissue dry, weak and puny because I only have a bit of tartar under there and the pockets are only 4 mm. So she's just cleaning around those two teeth to see if it will help. I worry about jaw necrosis of course but she said this should help prevent rather than cause it. We'll see. I was supposed to have my next Zometa in a few weeks but oncology bumped it to April when I expressed concern over the timing. I want the gum stuff to be over and well-healed.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2023

GB, I'm so glad to hear that your Zoladex shot went so well. PTL I will be praying that your dental apt next week goes just as well.

After starting this Beth Moore study I am blown away at how there are so many layers of discovery in the Bible. Stories and verses I knew really well I am now seeing that I didn't really know them and their true meaning at all. It is pretty exciting.

I would appreciate prayers for my sister. I had mentioned to Hershey just yesterday that my sister has been wearing a heart monitor trying to figure out her racing heart issues. She told me yesterday she had another episode while she was wearing the monitor. I am praying this will give her doctor wisdom and needed information in how to proceed with her. It is a blessing that this happened while she wore it because the first 30 days she wore it she had no episodes. When her doctor told her he wanted her to wear it for another 30 days I know she was not thrilled but thankfully he will be able to properly treat her now.

I was up most of the night with issues related to my surgery. There has to be an end to this sometime!

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited February 2023

GB and Chris, I am thinking about you and your upcoming dental appointments. I hope your hygienists and dentists are gentle, capable, and deliver excellent results.

Nancy, I hope your discomfort resolves very soon. It must be so discouraging for you. Teka makes a good point. Perhaps it's time for a second opinion. You are in my prayers.