Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Options
1656657658659660662»

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,606
    Options

I'm looking forward to hearing "the rest of the story" Nancy.

I'm having a bit of a rough day. I'm in a grumpy mood. When DH and I prayed together this morning, I said, "Deliver Marty from Carol." We both got a laugh out of that.

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 162
    Options

Nancy - your photos are beautiful and so thankful you are already going about without a cane. Also, anxious to hear the rest of the story!

Carol - praying for some rays of sunshine there! And that you are feeling better.

Hershey - that does sound like a great gardening tool!

Chris - I am sorry to hear about another UTI but thankful you are on the right AB now. Praying you are feeling better.

Praying also for Teka, GB and Kerry! Yes, my cold is on its way out the back door. My nurse friend is better but still struggles at times for a good nights sleep. I'm going back to AZ to see my sister May 6th. I am able to talk to her most nights, but sometimes it seems like some of the "help" isn't as good about locating her and taking the phone to her. So I do miss a night here and there.

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,739
    Options

Carol, I am sorry you are having a rough day but your prayer made me laugh. I don't have too many grumpy days in my retirement but when I do Cammie is the only one who is near me and frankly I think she could care less as long as I pay attention to HER. LOL

Wheatfields, I am glad your cold is on the way out. I'm sorry to hear your friend is still dealing with a good night's sleep. That continues to be a challenge for me too. I am glad you are going to have another visit with your sister in a few weeks. Yes, it is good to get rid of my cane but I still feel like I am walking funny. I am only half way through my PT so hopefully that will eventually feel better.

Okay I am back from the grocery store and have some time before my Bible study tonight. So here is the rest of my funny but not so funny story. I had put my knee brace on under my jeans which I have done many times before as the brace on the outside tends to start sliding down to my ankles. My PA told me I could wear my brace if I was going to do something that might cause pain. I don't know what happened but I was in the middle of the woods and when I stooped down to get in place for a photo opp in front of me I am dealing with a bunch of dried up leaves and many downed branches which were not always visible. Anyway my brace had shifted and was pinching my leg in such a way I could barely stand it when down on my knees. So in my attempts to get back up my foot was stuck under a big branch and I couldn't get up. This was my surgery leg. I was laughing and telling a friend latter I could see me yelling help with all of these cars going by wondering what was going on. I finally pried my foot out from under the branch. I thought there is no way I can pull my jeans down to reposition my brace as there were many cars going by and I am sure would get quite a show they hadn't counted on. Then the bumble bees started flying at me. They apparently love my shampoo. I am scared to death of bees. So I ended up cutting my time very short because I didn't see any solution to this problem. I was disappointed but I still got some pics I was happy about and the weather was fantastic so all in all I laughed about the whole thing but also realized I could have hurt my surgery knee so I was very fortunate nothing bad happened. There is another forest preserve that is absolutely full of bluebells and with paths that I can stay on and take pictures so my next outing will probably be there. However that woods has a lot of deer and known also for a lot of ticks so I have to be very careful. I bet you are thinking I didn't know being a nature photographer was so dangerous. LOL I got lost in the woods a few years ago. Another story….another day.

Off to do my PT exercises. Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,151
    Options

Nancy, love the pics and you are always good for a fun story!

Carol, I had a "grumpy day" a few days ago too, but it passes. I am praying daily for your continued challenges.

I am feeling a bit better but still have no stamina. Went flower shopping yesterday with DH and DD, but I had to use the scooter the whole time. I did enjoy lunch though! It is fun getting the yard put in. Sod goes in Friday but the plants can't go in for a couple more weeks when the danger of the freeze passes.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 650
    Options

Nancy, your adventure in the woods could be an episode from "Wild Kingdom!" ;-)

Chris, watching your backyard come together must be so gratifying for you and your family. You'll get much enjoyment from your new outdoor living space. What kinds of flowers did you choose for your beds?

Wheatfields, I'm glad that your cold is nearly gone. I hope that your nurse friend gets some restful sleep very soon. Sleep is elusive for so many folks.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Chris, thank you. My Mom always used to say you should write a book. LOL Not because I am a great writer but I have had so many unusual things happen to me.

I bet it is exciting seeing your big landscaping project coming together. I'm glad you got to go flower shopping and lunch. That sounds like a fun day to me. I know having little stamina is hard. I am tired from PT and doing some shopping so I understand how frustrating and disappointing it can be.

Hershey, maybe you might see me on the next episode. LOL Enjoying flower photography and knowing bees get on the flowers is just something I have to deal with. I am sure if people saw me when I just had a bee flying around my head it would NOT be pretty. Well, guess what. After walking around Home Depot trying to find the hoe you had suggested they didn't have any in the store. I have to laugh at the name of some of them that I had seen online that are not made by Craftsman. They call them Hula hoes. LOL Does that mean you have to do the Hula as you hoe. That is for another TV episode. I just got an alert that my Craftsman hoe is ready for pick up from Lowes. Yeah. I watched a lot of YouTube videos on this hoe and it sounded like the best thing next to sliced bread so I am anxious to use it. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how it works. I know it will not solve my Canada thistle problem I have had for years because they have deep roots running down and horizontal and multiply if you break the roots. I bought some Round UP last year and every time I was waiting for a day without rain my landscapers would weed whack them down to the ground. Plus I was scared to use Round Up anyway. I bought some 30% vinegar today which I will try first and see if that works. I had been using the usual household strength and that was doing nothing. This hoe will work on some other areas of my yard. Can't wait to use it.

Take care dear sisters. Have a good night and hoping for no more grumpy days. 😁

Love,

Nancy

• teka
    teka Member Posts: 9
    Options

To borrow a sweet inscription of the sit-and-stay-awhile sort on a bench:

Pause and rest and think and pray

Then go in peace upon your way.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Teka, amen.

I hope eveyone is doing well. Have a great week.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    Options

teka, that's lovely!

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 650
    Options

Teka, a sweet inscription indeed!

• intolight
    Options

Good morning all. This popped up in my devotional today. I thought it was appropriate… I wish I was good at making posters. I can see the raging ocean as a background with rays of sunlight shining through.

Psalm 93:4 NLT ~ But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore— the Lord above is mightier than these!

• teka
    edited April 27
    Options

The 1st of 2 old ornamental flowering crab apple trees that died from too much shade in the front yard. Fortunately, still have 1 old and 1 young in the front yard and 1 young in the back yard soaking up the sunshine.

In my prayers one and all. Enjoy the last April weekend.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Chris, thanks for sharing that scripture. How are you feeling? How is the spring cleaning coming along?

Teka, that is a shame about your crab apple trees. I'm glad you still have some. I was going to share a pic from mine but they got rained on before I could take a pic and I haven't even looked at them yet today. It is supposed to be windy later today and they will be poof!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted much. It has been a very busy week.

I hope you all have a great weekend

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    Options

This is what I woke to this morning with a high of 36° and a low of 30°. Yesterday it was 70°

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Chris, that would be great if it was Dec. 25!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry. Maybe that was supposed to happen on April 1.

• sunshine99
    Options

intolight, WHAT??? That's crazy. We're in the Palm Springs area for the week. CRAZY winds yesterday. Blew our BBQ and a chair into the planter, and blew over other furniture. I'm glad we were here to rescue them. I can only imagine what it was like for the people at the Stagecoach Festival in Coachella. The polo grounds where Coachella and Stagecoach are held are not that far from here. Today the winds are calm—at least for the moment.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 28
    Options

I have been on a destructive path today. I have slowly been getting back to house cleaning. My goal today was to vacuum the LR and DR and vacuum my furnace filter. During this time I first got too close to my wired ear buds I use for my zoom class (as Cammie can't stand sound coming from my laptop). My Dyson sucked that up in a New York minute and it took me some time to get it untangled from the vacuum but I did. The vacuum cleaner lived and the ear buds did not. Then a few minutes later I was cleaning my furnace filter which is enclosed in a metal frame. It is way too painful to get on my knees so I was sitting on the floor trying to get it back in place. I quickly realized I had it upside down and there is a cord that plugs into it. I couldn't get this out. I struggled with it for a long time and finally gave up. I pushed it all the way in so I could close the doors as they are on my first floor as I don't have a basement. I couldn't let Cammie go in there so now it is 80 degrees out (the hottest day of the year) and I am afraid if my heat comes on at night what will happen. I don't have an AC check for several weeks. Maybe the moral to this story is I shouldn't vacuum anymore.😁

Love,

Nancy

• teka
    edited April 28
    Options

Nancy,

You did quite the house cleaning! ^ ..^

• sunshine99
    Options

Nancy, I don't know whether to laugh or come over with a pot of tea for you. Sheesh! Sorry about your earbuds. You painted quite the picture in my mind…

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Teka, this is one of those I'll laugh at it later type of things. The problem with these things is they are probably going to cost quite a bit of money in the end. Oh well. At least I got my furnace filter cleaned. 🙄

Carol, it could be a lot worse. It could be wind chill minus 10 as I am hoping my furnace doesn't kick on because I don't know what will happen. You could come over with a pot of tea and we could both laugh! LOL How are you doing? Are you able to eat more without problems? I pray for you all the time.

I will call my furnace company tomorrow and see if they think this is an emergency and if I can still run the furnace or AC with the filter in upside down. I am guessing most things don't work if a major component is upside down but what do I know. If I could have gotten on my knees this wouldn't have happened so that is my story and I am sticking with it!!!!!

Love,

Nancy