Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2016

Hi All,

I haven't posted lately, but I pop in every few weeks to keep up on the posts.

Janet, if you are still on this thread, I wanted to let you know that I also did not have a pCR. I was stage 2b at original diagnosis. At surgery, there was no BC found in my breast, but there were two nodes that had small amounts of BC. I'm three years and two months out from diagnosis and still NED. Not getting a pCR is disappointing, but it is not a death sentence.

Wishing everyone a good day!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited September 2016

hello Simple, myfriend!

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited October 2016

Did anyone who had radiation NOT have boosts to the tumor bed? My RO is talking about cutting my treatment short, or cutting out the boosts. Makes me a little nervous.

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited October 2016

hey batesburg I am 6 mo post rads and am having a lot of pain on my radiated side. Never had that since tx ended but it kinda popped up this week. I was wondering what it was maybe even thinking it is nerve endings regenerating, thus the delayed pain? I go to my ro this tues for a checkup and will def be asking her. I did get pretty badly burned during the last 2 weeks of rads.

Luv I did have boosts and they were actually easier than the whole breast.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2016

Thanks Shopgal,

I am wondering the same thing and had similar pain in the middle of radiation treatment in a different area of my rib cage that eventually went away. My skin took some major hits and ended up with some cellulitis from it all that required me to take antibiotics (oral).

The pain in my ribs is all along my side when I lean to my right side and a sore to touch rib at the bottom of my rib cage. I think most probably the major reason for it not going away is I keep aggravating it- poking, prodding, leaning to the right to see if it is getting better throughout the day!!

Let me know what you RO says. I am not due to see her but will see my MO if this continues into another week or two.

Janet

• Batesburg
    edited October 2016

HI Simplelife...thanks so much for words of encouragement on pCR!!! The latest I have heard is Stage II statistically has a cure rate of 75-85%. Anyone else heard the stats...not that we are a statistic, but, sometimes helps to know the "averages".

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2016

What does your MO discuss at follow up visits?...Just had my first 3 month visit with my MO. I had expected some guidelines regarding diet, exercise...just general info on how to proceed. Nothing! He asked how I was feeling, checked my breathing, felt for any sore spots...and that was that until next time in three months. I did have blood drawn and will know results tomorrow. Is this what happens at the follow up visits? I sort of feel that I'm on my own unless something happens.

• meadow
    edited October 2016

Cathy, Welcome to survivorship! My MO, who I adored, died recently, and I meet my new one next week. He would do the same as yours, feel around, look at blood work, ask "How are you doing?" If I had concerns, of course I would go from there. It feels a bit odd and scary at first to be out of active treatment and in the next phase, where we go several weeks without being monitored closely. Just know that this is the new normal, and watch for changes but also enjoy post treatment, post cancer.....enjoy life.

• Cathytoo
    edited October 2016

Thanks, Meadow...you are always the voice of comfort and reason. I'm definitely living life (made dinner for 30 family members last night ). But, breast cancer is on my mind every minute. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited October 2016

I just read two articles on the main site last night about survivorship. It said to ask your doctor for a plan, which doctor to see for what, and how often. Let me see if I can find one of them and link it here.

Had my boost CT this morning. RO thinks my seroma has shrunken, so we should be able to go ahead with the boosts. Will know for sure tomorrow or Wednesday.

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited October 2016
  • TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    edited October 2016

Just popping in to say Hello! I rarely come here anymore, but like to check in from time to time. I hit my 6 years post diagnosis in Aug. I even forgot my surgery anniversary date this year, first time ever. Life does go on! A special hello to my diagnosis buddy Fighter 34! I saw you posted a couple weeks ago. Glad to "see" you! Take care ladies and my best wishes and good thoughts to all the newbies fighting the beast.

Tiffany

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2016

Ladies I'm asking for some positive thoughts and if you're so inclined, prayers, for my wife tomorrow as she will have a PET scan due to some lingering pain in her upper back and some tightness, coughing and shortness of breath. Hopefully it won't be anything serious...but this is the most "freaked out" she has been about any "symptoms" since her treatment 3 years ago. I'm usually worse than her! Not this time. One good thing is she'll have her scan tomorrow and her results Friday morning, so she won't have to wait through the weekend. I'd certainly appreciate some good vibes and some sincere prayers.

Thanks all,

Mike

• LifeAloft
    LifeAloft Member Posts: 69
    edited October 2016

Mike, so sorry that you both are having to deal with this, I'm sending all the positive thoughts and good vibes that I possibly can! Thinking of you both.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited October 2016

Al, prayers coming up. Stay strong, i had a scare recently for ongoing pain...turned out to not be nothing. Just sending hope!

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited October 2016

(Mike & Mrs. Mike). Keep us posted

• Cathytoo
    edited October 2016

Mike...praying for your wife. Please let us know know the results of the scan as soon as you know.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited October 2016

ALHusband, that must be so scary for both of you. Best wishes for good test results.

Lyn

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited October 2016

Mike

Lifting you both up in prayer for tomorrow's scan. I'm so sorry that you even have to worry about this after 3 years. :(((

You have always been such a support on this board and I pray you feel the love, prayers & hugs from all of us as you guys walk this out tomorrow. Believing with you for great results of no evidence of disease anywhere in her body.

Blessings

G

• Batesburg
    edited October 2016

Many prayers for you and I hope you feel how much we all care!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2016

Mike and Mrs Mike, - sending BE WELL wishes!!

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited October 2016

Mike, I'll keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. You have been such a blessing and great support to all of us here. Thank you for that! We're all right there with you two in your pocket's, holding your hand's and waiting with you. Don't forget! Please update when you can. (((((HUGS)))))

• nrsteph
    nrsteph Member Posts: 108
    edited October 2016

Thinking of you both today!

• TNpotato
    TNpotato Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2016

Mike/ALHusband - You and your wife are in my thoughts today! May it only be good news in the days coming! ((HUGS))

• meadow
    edited October 2016

Cathy, wow! Dinner for 30! How did it all go? Wow.

LMV, thanks for the links

TifJ, thank you for popping in, so glad to hear of that 6 year mark! So happy for you.

Al, we are praying for you and the sweet Mrs.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2016

Mike I'mwishing and hoping all goes well for you both. Great that you will hear results before the weekend. Try not to worry. X

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited October 2016

Praying for good results for Mrs. Mike!

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2016

Mike. Lots of prayers, good vibes & positive blessings coming your way. Keep us posted. In your pocket.

Marsha

• natL12
    natL12 Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2016

Sending my prayers your way.  Nat

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2016

So the roller coaster came into the station, I got on board and buckled in and here we go again. Emotions up and down and all around. Had the ultrasound today, yep, something there. Ultrasound guided needle biopsy tomorrow... a weekend of waiting for results... just when I thought I was done, I get on the ride again. I hate this damn ride!!! Really, it needs to be shut down and a new one built!!!