Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• cassylou
    cassylou Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2017

hi everyone, just checking in to say happy holidays, I'm sending love and good thoughts to everyone one of you.

MichCali - I've had the diep. Try not to worry (easy to say I know). Feel free to ask me as many questions as you like. I'm not on here consistently, but if you send me a PM with your email, that's probably a better way to get a quick response.

Big love to everyone x

• MichCali
    MichCali Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2017

Thank you for the advice Trishyla. Did you do squats and lunges? I appreciate the advice.

Cassylou, I'm sure I will be contacting you.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

• BanR
    BanR Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2017

congrats AL

hope to hear from cocker soon.

others...hold on! one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time and so on...my way of living ever since 2013!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited April 2017

(((BanR)))

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited April 2017

Hi Everyone,

The Moonshot Program by MD Anderson, (focusing on breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other cancers that needed more treatment resources), is updated here within this video.

https://www.mdanderson.org/cancermoonshots/cancer-types/breast.html

Sending my love and hugs to all of you!

Debra

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    edited April 2017

InspiredbyDolce, thanks for posting a link for the video. It's very interesting. I hope the cancer moonshot does not lose funding. There is research all over the country that is making progress--I wish it was faster, but it is encouraging.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2017

Hi Everyone... 😋

BanR..I'm very happy to tell you that instead is waiting for and worrying about bad news...I've just booked a 15 night cruise to Ireland‼️ Enough of living in fear of the unknown....time to live it up. 👍👍 Thanks for the good advice.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited April 2017

Cathytoo! Thats terrific!!

Hope all here had a good holiday, are enjoying spring and are feeling well!

hugs from NYC!

• meadow
    edited April 2017

Cathy! So exciting! In your pocket for the whole trip!

• Dova
    Dova Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2017

Hello ladies

Cathytoo that's awesome, have an amazing time. We just got back from Vegas, mom had a blast and gambled like no tomorrow.

She started A(on its own) on Thursday so far no side effect. When do you usually start feeling the side effects of the A? She also does a dose dense so hoping for good blood counts in 10 days.

Love to all

Cristina

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2017

Very cool, Cathytoo!

Lyn

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2017

Cathytoo: you rock! Here's to an amazing experience!!! Heart

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2017

Good for you Cathytoo!!

Dova, I think the effects from AC hit me fairly quickly, but only lasted a few days each time. I know the neulasta shot effects lasted for two days.

• Cathytoo
    edited April 2017

Dova...If you are getting a Neulasta shot or patch you MUST take Claritin the day before and for five days after. Result? No aches or pains‼️ I promise

• JLBinPDX
    JLBinPDX Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2017

Just to put it out there, I had a Neulasta shot after my first chemo two weeks ago and will have another tomorrow. Claritin was mentioned but only if I experience pretty heavy bone and joint pain. I didn't have any bone pain so I'm glad I didn't add Claritin to my regimen. At wasn't at all required and barely mentioned for me so consulting your Onc would be best.

• Madison4568
    Madison4568 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2017

Cathytoo,

The Claritin works great! With each shot the bone pain got worse. My skull even hurt! Thankful the Claritin helped!!

• Cathytoo
    edited April 2017

JLBinPDx...sorry to disagree with you regarding Claritin use along with Neulasta. You are very lucky you had no bone pain with Neulasta. Hope it continues for you because the pain is horrible and unrelenting. A tiny pill taken for a few days eliminates that side effect and is really harmless. Also...since Claritin was mentioned to you, it stands to reason that it DOES relieve and prevent bone pain from the shot. My thinking is better to prevent than to relieve

• Cathytoo
    edited April 2017

Madison4568...Funny thing is that they don't know why Claritin works...it just does. One time I forgot to take it and the pain was worse than labor pain‼️

• meadow
    edited April 2017

JL, yes, so glad you did not hurt. As Madison says, the pain does seem to increase as treatment goes on. Hoping you stay out of pain. Thankful for the Claritan help. I found Taxol to be very miserable, and the Claritan did help me. Always good to run anything we take past the Team. As Cathy said above, the ONCs seem to know and recommend this easy over the counter drug.

Hello y'all...showing my Ozarks heritage tonight!

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited April 2017

Hi all

Neulasta stimulates bone marrow to make WBCs. Along with firing up the WBCs to keep our counts up, it stimulates histamine release...which causes the bone pain. Claritin is an anti-histamine, thereby lessening the histamine production, and the bone pain. Yay!

I too, am so glad it was part of my NYUregimen. I had back and hip pain 4 days after my first TC, and it was no fun. Thankfully, it didn't last long, and did not occur again. I took Claritin for 4 days after each infusion.

I haven't been on here for awhile, but do check in. I am 2 1/2 years from dx and still have my fingers crossed, and am feeling good. I am sending prayers and hugs to all, and think of all of you often. To those in treatment, I wish you strength and few SEs, I found the mental stuff harder than the physical. Still working on it!

You Ladies are Amazing!

Special thoughts of Annie and hi to you, Shari! Meadow, I hope you're healing well. Yes, Cathytoo, plan that vacay, and enjoy! Div, keep on keeping on--you are incredible!

I know I am leaving out so many, but know I think of all of you!

Happy Spring

Arlene

• JLBinPDX
    JLBinPDX Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2017

I realize I was lucky to not have bone pain. I was really just saying that it isn't automatic that every oncologist strongly suggests Claritin in the regiment mentioned. Perhaps it's more individual. I take Claritin anyway at points during the year so I'm not opposed to it, but to take it prior to knowing if I need it is always challenging for me. I just thought it was more of a doctor thing, that's all. Best to all.

• meadow
    edited April 2017

Sound advice JLB, please let us know how you are doing. Thinking of you as you head into chemo again soon. You got this! We got your back too. Or as we say, "in your pocket ".

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2017

I didn't get bone pain, I had muscle pain. Claritin didn't help me. So glad all of that is behind me. Having a flare up of rib pain from radiation though. 🙄 Last rad treatment was 10/14/16. Hurts when I reach for anything. Probably just inflammation.

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited April 2017

I had the terrible bone pain. Claritan helped. My MO had suggested it right from the beginning. My nurse practitioner had so many helpful things that were right on line with these boards. So glad I had both, but like lovesmyviz, so happy it's behind me.

• meadow
    edited May 2017

I am letting you all know that I am having a Latissimis Flap on Wed. I had reconstruction surgery in December, and 4 months later, it still won't heal. So my PS says it is a must do. It will put healthy skin and muscle on my chest wall, from my back. Letting you know so you can hop in my pocket, and say a prayer for me. I feel ok about it. Ready to get healthy.

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2017

Meadow - you will be in my prayers. Peace be with you

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2017

Our prayers and hugs are with you meadow.

val

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

Meadow...I'm already in your pocket bringing prayers, good wishes, caring and support for you. I'm sure that pocket will be overflowing❤️❤️❤️

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2017

Meadow, - you already know I'm in that pocket, too! Winking Update when you can!

• Dova
    Dova Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2017

meadow saying a prayer and hope things go Good. We (mom) did take Claritin with Taxol and first infusion of Nulasta. Made mom super drowsy even if it says mom drowsy ones. She slept a lot but She needed too. Than with A she decided to only take 2 days with the first 2 injections (she has a series of 7 shots for 7 days starting the 3rd day after chimo) but she was just fine. Thankfully no bone pain hopefully she keeps it up like this.

Div hope things are gone well haven't heard from you or Anne. Take care and sending good vibes

Love to all

Cristina