Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2017

So good to see your post Meadow!

I, too, stayed at least two nights, - maybe 3?

Rest up and heal heal heal!!

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2017

Meadow...GREAT NEWS‼️👍👍

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

PET SCANS...I've never had one. My oncologist only scans if you have a symptom that lasts longer than three weeks. Just wondering how many of you get yearly scans.

• TNpotato
    TNpotato Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2017

Hey Cathytoo! My onc is recommending a PET or MRI every 6 mo's for me for at least the next year. (Had one at end of March, will have next in Aug/Sept)

I wonder if it has to do with staging? I was a IIIA. 

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Meadow - Woohoo! :) Hope you can rest and get home asap!! {HUGS}

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2017

good info, and thanks girls

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2017

Fantastic Meadow that everything went well.

So happy for you. Now you can get on that good healing bandwagon.

Had my ultrasound done today on the kidneys, results not back for two days which in Dr.'s terms means Monday. And then the add insult to injury, so to speak, I'm driving home in my own lane minding my own business, and a car pulls out from side to merge into traffic & hits me. My car only got a little scratch, his headlight, part of front fender and bumper were destroyed. I love my old Sherman tank. It's a Mercury Mountaineer. But older model made of heavy metal. I keep it just because of Miami Florida drivers. Anyway I had to stay in the heat and wait for the police etc. then because my flashers were on so long before police showed up my car wouldn't start again (after the other fella got the ticket & we both got accident reports) so I had to wait for AAA club to jump my car. Now mind you Miami Florida, in the heat of mid day. HOT! No shade. The whole thing took 3 hours, when I got home after six I fell apart. And I guess what all this is leading up to is that I hope that that was my bad report for the day. That my actual test reports come back good. I'm laughing at this you know as I think my humorous outlook Is what has helped me get through this "crappy" cancer. If this comes out good I will be five years in December. I think this is my scariest year actually. I hope everybody is doing well. Meadow, I'm proud of you. Everybody else that's going through anything, waiting, in the chemo routine, or whatever, hang in there we can do this. We are bigger than this. Love to all, take care and hugs to Annie. I would love to hear how she's doing.

Marsha

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2017

Meadow, sending you hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Marsha, sending you calming vibes for peace as you await results. Sucks about the car, but I agree, hopefully that will be the worst from that day.

Me - had another biopsy... I've had so many that I have lost count. And I too am waiting on the results. My family doesn't understand... I really would love to bury my head in the sand and ignore the lumps, bumps, aches and pains... They don't understand that these biopsy, although they seem simple are incredibly painful for me... Yes the Radiologist numbs me, but the core needle just bounces off the mass... ended up doing both a core needle and a fna just too ensure a good sample. I HATE this disease!!!! And at the moment, I don't like seat belts either...

Anne, I hope you are comfortable. I hope you are surrounded by family, love and laughter. I think of you often!

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2017

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Curlyq1974 - >>"They don't understand that these biopsy, although they seem simple are incredibly painful for me...  "

I'm so sorry the biopsies are painful! :( {HUGS} STUPID CANCER!!!

The thing that always amazes me is how strong people are in the face of pain. Ya know, if I told someone with no context about the "wire guided localization" I had prior to surgery as a third person story, they'd ask if the person receiving it was in a gulag somewhere being tortured! 

For as advanced as our healthcare is, it seems pain management is still in its infancy... At least we still have WHISKEY!! Happy

Here's a toast to a happier (and pain free!) Cinco de Mayo for us all!! ThumbsUp

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2017

Cathytoo,

I had a pet scan at the beginning of treatment and again due to my stroke. Since they had me in there, I guess they decided to do all the scans possible. All were clear. Since then my MO and my PCP say no scans unless I have symptoms.

As for biopsy pain, it is the most barbaric procedure, in a modern age.

Additonally most think i'm fine now, since i'm not in active treatment. So far from true. I'll never be 'fine' again.

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2017

Valstim: so, so true. I wish there were a "not worthy" smiley that I could post for you. No one outside of these forums understands.

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

Val...6feetover...unless you've walked in our shoes through the terror and treatment of this horrible disease, you can never understand. People tell me to "just don't think about it". It would be easier to sprout wings and fly. There are some times during a day when I think to myself that I haven't been thinking about cancer...which just means I HAVE been thinking about cancer. I am living my life, moving ahead but I'll never feel really carefree again

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2017

Meadow - so happy that your surgery went well. And to all those awaiting test results and going thru scanxiety, my prayers for peace are with you. ✨🙏🏻

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2017

I've not had a PET scan either, but am alternating mammograms with MRIs every six months because the mammo couldn't see my tumors.

((Meadow))

• cassylou
    cassylou Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2017

sending love and best wishes for a smooth recovery Meadow. I have a feeling that this one is going to be a good one for you. Hugs x

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2017

hugs to meadow

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2017

Thank you all so much. So far so good. Your encouragement means the world to me!

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2017

Sending you healing energy, Meadow!

• Dova
    Dova Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2017

Meadow so glad things went good for you and you are healing. Hopefully you can put this behind you in no time.

Marsha sending you good vibes, and hope things are going good.

Mom is handling chimo pretty ok, she is starting to lose her hair again which makes her sad and dealing with some nausea. Other than that it's good, only 2 more Adriomycin left and she is finished. Hopefully no more chimo ever.

Take care

Cristina

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited May 2017

Has anyone heard from DiV? I haven't seen her post for at least a couple of weeks. I hope that means she's busy adjusting after her surgery. If you're reading, but not posting, DiV, please let us know how you are. There are a lot of us who care about you, and hope you're doing well.

Trish

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited May 2017

i was just thinking about Div today also and Cocker - would be good to hear how they are doing?

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2017

Ditto, hope you're doing well, DiV.

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2017

I know that I rarely post, but I'm pretty much always here, and always thinking of you all. I really hope DiV and Annie are ok!

• tectonicshift
    tectonicshift Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2020

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2017

Hi everyone! So sorry i haven't posted in a few weeks it's been pretty hectic here. I had to go to work and sign my resignation papers. That was a rough day for me saying goodbye to all my co-workers. They have been great to me with donations. Just the other day i had to go to work and drop off tickets for my fundraiser and they gave me another card with more donations. So I've been running around to Dr appointments. Saw my orthopedic surgeon and he says i'm healing well. The pain in my chest is from all the pulling and cutting the ribs out. Phantom pain is horrible. I finally started therapy for it last friday. Due to my last pay check being today my cobra hasn't been processed yet. Monday i get a call from therapy saying they had to cancel my therapy due to not having insurance. The next day i get a call from the Cleveland clinic asking about my insurance. I told them work had to process it yet. Also told them that the clinic agreed to pay my cobra for me so she called the gentleman that's working on my case. Got it all straightened out so therapy on for monday. On monday the 5th i meet a woman i'm friends with from this site came to cleveland from Montana for a second opinion and we met up and had coffee and pastry. I now have 2 friends from this site i have met. This week i went driving for the first time. Driving went good. Oh the freedom i felt. I need to get some modifications done to ny car, blinkers and lights need moved. I celebrated my birthday on the 8th nothing special had dinner with my boyfriend and my parents. I'm just taking it ine day at a time. I really appreciate all the people i have met on this site and who continue to support me. It really means alot to me! Thank you all!

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited May 2017

DiV,

So glad to hear you're doing well! I was hoping that was why we hadn't seen you.

It sounds like you've got some pretty wonderful people surrounding you. It makes dealing with all the crap so much easier.

Please poke your head in once in a while and update us on your progress. We really do care!

Trish

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

DiV...thanks for the update. You are a true inspiration. ❤️❤️

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Ditto what Cathytoo said! I'm sending positive thoughts,hoping all your insurance problems are resolved! No one should have to deal with INSURANCE issues on top of this crap! {HUGS}