Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• KSteve
    KSteve Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2017

Meadow - I had that surgery 3 years ago. My skin had failed due to radiation damage. It was a definitely a major surgery that I think I underestimated going in. I typically bounce back quick, so even though my PS had told me that it was a longer recovery than anything I had done to date, I still expected to breeze through it. I'm not telling you that to scare you at all, I just know I was caught by surprise. Fast forward to now, it was the best thing I ever did. My skin had really tightened on my radiation side and after I healed, I am so much more comfortable than I was before. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. I'll be thinking of you this week.

Hugs,

Kathy

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited May 2017

Meadow

Prayers for successful surgery and healing.

Love, Paula

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2017

((Meadow))

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited May 2017

Meadow I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday. Hope it goes really really well.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited May 2017

Meadow,

Thoughts and prayers for a successful, uneventful surgery. If there's room, this big ol' fat guy would like to jump in your pocket as well.

Mike

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2017

Meadow, wishing you the best on Wednesday.

• TNpotato
    TNpotato Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2017

Meadow - Squeeze me into that pocket too! Good luck on Wednesday! May you be in full healing asap!! {{HUGS}}

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Hey LoveMyVizsla I was just reading back in the thread and noticed you'd been having pain when you reach for something. After rads, I got really tight, had to go see a PT for cording. She gave me a bunch of stretches to do and I was doing just swell, as long as I did those exercises. And the cording cleared right up.

Then I started the Xeloda and ended up basically in bed for a few weeks due to SE's, wasn't doing much at all, including those stretches. Well, boy did I have pain reaching for things after I started getting up and about! I've been doing my stretches religiously for the past two weeks and it has really helped. From the little I've read, the muscles/skin in the irradiated area tend to constrict, so it's really helpful to do stretching and range exercises. I know it's helped me. Hope you are feeling better! :)

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2017

Good Luck to you , Meadow. In your pocket, too.

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2017

Meadow in your pocket. Sending good thoughts to Div and Annie, and all others.

val

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2017

Thank you all so much. I love the support from you all. My pockets, and heart, are full of love!

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2017

Sweet Meadow - Hopping in your pocket for tomorrows surgery and wishing you an easy recovery and healing. Also sending hugs and white light your way that is sure to help. :) oxox

Dova, sorry I have been absent on this board, I am busy with my chemo peeps on another site right now but things are good for now. 4 DD AC down and today is #2 of 12 Taxol. So far so good with chemo. I am following all of the rules and that seems to be helping. Did not have any bone pain with nuelasta or other major side effects for that matter. The claritan I am sure helped for the dreaded nuelasta, yea!! Fatigue is ever present but not much we can do about that except push through it and keep as active as possible. It sounds like your mom is doing well and am happy to hear that. Keep up the good work and this will all be over in no time!

Anne

• MichCali
    MichCali Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2017

Meadow---squeeze one more in your pocket. Sending prayers, hugs, and easy healing.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited May 2017

Meadow..❤️❤️

• meadow
    edited May 2017

You guys....are the best

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2017

meadie, thinking of you! I hope this heals better. It is a big surgery so be kind to yourself. xo

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited May 2017

meadow Sendingyou love Healing hope and prayers from philly in your pocket. Please let us know when you can that you are ok.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited May 2017

Meadow in your pocket and praying for you. You are loved sweet pink sister. Xoxo

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2017

Meadow: here's to an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery. Hope that pocket's made of a spandex blend, because I'm getting in there, too! HeartHug

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2017

Meadow. I am jumping in also. Heal fast & keep us posted.

Much love to Annie & anyone else in the middle of a battle.

Marsha

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2017

Got back from Oncologist a little bit ago. Have to have ultra sound of kidneys. Suspicious shadow on last PET scam. They scheduled it tomorrow. Fast worries me too!

Please keep me in your prayers.

Best to all. Stay strong.

Marsha

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2017

Sending BE WELL wishes to Marsha, Meadow, Annie, - and ALL here!!

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

Lookingforward...wishing you good results tomorrow. You will be in my prayers tonight. ❤️

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Marsha - Keeping you in my prayers! May the scan go quickly (the fast too! I HATE the PET diet!) and be negative for a recurrence...

Meadow - Hope your surgery went great and you are recovering! {{HUGS}}

DiV - I just went back and read your story... WOW! You are an inspiration to me! :) You will be in my prayers and continued healing wishes to you!

Annie - I hope you are making it through the chemo ok, my prayers and thoughts are with you!

And for all of you who are currently awaiting test/scan results, are actively battling in chemo/rads, or are in the 'abyss' of non-treatment|worrying, know you are not alone.

You are angels on Earth and I know having you all in my pocket helped me tremendously when I went thru my treatments. Please know that even if I'm not on the boards, you all are never far from my mind, and I am hoping you all are enjoying life as much as you can in whatever chapter this is in the stories of our lives... 

I'm going in for a prophylactic ooph next Tuesday (genetic tests recommended it). It should be a simple outpatient surgery and I expect it to go well. But it's reminded me of the terror I had before my breast cancer surgery and chemo/rads and I wanted to say thank you to all you beautiful, strong women(and men) who have been here to support all of us!

Love, hugs and prayers to all of you!

-Donna

• Cathytoo
    edited May 2017

Donna...your words brought tears to my eyes. Every time I check back on the site and read the posts I feel as though I've reconnected to very close family members. It's truly amazing that we began as total strangers and now feel such love and caring for each other. I pray that everyone of us stays strong and here on this earth.

• TNpotato
    edited May 2017

Cathytoo - :) I feel the same! Wish I could give all of you a hug in person, but virtual hugs will have to do! Hug

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2017

Thanks TNpotato, my ribs are better. My onc's fellow last checkup told me there is muscle between each rib and it can get inflamed from radiation. Not sure why it flared up, but glad it is better. Good wishes for your surgery tomorrow.

Meadow, hope you are doing well.

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited May 2017

Thinking of you, Meadow, and hoping you are recovering well. Take it slow and feel good soon

• meadow
    edited May 2017

Thanks everyone, the prayers and the pocket party worked as I knew they would....successful surgery, felt your support. Did anyone squish Mike too much ? gotta take care of our man friend! Lol.

Unfortunately, I cannot go home like planned today, my white counts are too high, so I have to stay in the hospital another night to receive antibiotics by IV. But that isn't going to get me down. Thank you for your support!

• KSteve
    KSteve Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2017

Meadow - Glad to hear it went well. I stayed in the hospital two nights after mine too. It was, by far, the toughest surgery I had, so allow yourself the time to heal. It's an ouchy recovery at first! Laying in a recliner helped the first couple nights at home.

Hugs,

Kathy