Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2017

Hello to All

I just celebrated my 2 year cancerversary. I had a biopsy confirming TN, then to oncologist and breast surgeon. I had chemo, surgery and radiation. Both my second and third opinions recommended that protocol.

Shopgal2 glad to see you. Hi Cathytoo. I took a break from the boards for a while.

• kmajor
    kmajor Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2017

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well and didn't have to bad of SE this week. I had my #7 Taxol Tuesday so 5 more to go. However I haven't felt good since Tuesday and wasn't able to get my daily walk in due to lack of breath and chest pain. My husband brought me to the ER last night and my heart was and still is in AFib. The rate is getting lower so that's good but it's just being stubborn. So Im in CCU till further notice. Has anybody else had a problem with chemo and their heart? My heart was perfect before starting chemo so Im a little nervous.

• AgathaNYC
    AgathaNYC Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2017

Hi, kmajor. Jut wanted to wish you well. The CCU is not a great place to be over a weekend.

I haven't had any heart problems but my heart pulse rate has always been high, and is getting even a bit higher while on chemo.

Good luck with everything!

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2017

kmajor - my heart has always been really healthy too but AC did a number on it. My usual heart rate is in 60s on average and there were times on AC that it would spike in the 100s - and that was at resting! I’m glad you are getting close care. My heart has since recovered, so hopefully will yours after treatment. Those last few weeks of taxol will fly by although I’m sure they don’t seem like it now.

Anniversary ladies - congrats! And to those undergoing treatment - my prayers are with you!

I got into the folate receptor alpha clinical trial after all, randomly placed into the chemo and high dose group. I had a half dose of cytoxin and got my first vaccine dose last week.

My TN diagnosis and lack of a complete response to neoadjuvant chemo scare the heck out of me and this trial is my last line of defense. While I don’t think of it every day, I’m sure all of us post initial treatment have our moments fear and anxiety. I pray we all make those milestone anniversaries!! ✨🙏🏻✨

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2017

I don' think I posted this but I hit my 5 year (I celebrate from dx date) anniversary on 10/30!!! Pretty pumped about the milestone.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited November 2017

Fantastic Jenjenl, that’s made my day. It’s so great to hear about these milestones.

• AgathaNYC
    edited November 2017

Thanks for posting JeniJenl!! Congrats on your anniversary. It's so encouraging to hear from you :-)

• Nifer
    Nifer Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2017

I love hearing from people 5 years out. Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!

Anyone have elevated ALT levels on their bloodwork? I know this has to do with the liver and of course my mind goes to mets. Is it common to have an elevated Alt level during chemo?

Will this constant anxiety over mets ever go away? It seems like every week brings new symptoms. I tell myself they are just side affects because the chemo is shrinking the tumor so it's working but I am constantly worried about mets!!!

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited November 2017

Kmajor, although nothing alarming showed up on my EKG or echo, after my second AC treatment (I think?), I began having issues with elevated heart rate. Historically, my resting heart rate was 68 to 70 bpm. With chemo, my resting heart rate was routinely 80 bpm, quickly elevating to 100 – 120 bpm with the mildest exertion, such as walking through my small house. In addition, my blood pressure usually tended to be high, but my bottom number (systolic?) was often 58 to 60 during chemo, even with skipping BP pills. That would normally be good news, but I was extremely weak and dizzy. The good news is that things returned to normal about a month after my final Taxol treatment. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this scary cardiac issue. I'm glad that you're getting needed care and hope you enjoy a full recovery.

SuprSurvivr, I hope the trial protocol proves protective. Please continue to keep us posted on your experience.

Lyn

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2017

You hang in there, Mother - and while treatment isn't easy, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My stats were very close to yours, with my actual nodule being 1.2 cm, and I was 1c. This coming February will mark 9 years for me. I had AC & T (taxotere) - wouldn't want to do it again, and pray I never have to consider it, but it was worth it. I wish you an easy journey.

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited November 2017

Nifer - my liver numbers are elevated. Were fine during AC, but starting rising with Taxol. Also pain in right side. My MO assures me all is fine - I do have muscle and bone pain in ribs. I too can get myself in knots worrying about mets, but I'm doing much better living in the moment. If you look at side effects for Taxol, elevated liver enzymes isone of them. My MO didn't even mention it - I saw it in the patient portal.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited November 2017

GREAT NEWS jenjenl !!!! That's awesome! So we've heard from a 7 year survivor (TEKA) and a 5 year survivor in a two day period! I hope to report on my wife's 5 year cancerversary in April of 2018. So happy for the 2 of you and ALL survivors! Love to see TNBC getting regular beatdowns! THERE IS HOPE newbies!

• KSteve
    KSteve Member Posts: 190
    edited November 2017

Add another 7+ year survivor to the list! I don't post much, but I check up on people often :) Speaking of which, sure wish we'd hear something from Cocker.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I have much to be thankful for!

Kathy

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited November 2017

81/2 years for me. And like KSteve, I don't post much, but check in often.

Traveling across the country to see my Navyson for Thanksgiving. Always thankful for that!!!

HappyThanksgiving to all of you.

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited November 2017

Navymom, Ksteve, jennenl - so wonderful you are living great lives and you are an inspiration to us here! I truly appreciate your taking the time to check in for us newbies- it can really change the day. Hugs to you all and have a wonderful holiday

• Flynn
    Flynn Member Posts: 208
    edited November 2017

Kmajor, I’m sorry to hear about your heart complications. I hope they get it addressed very quickly!

Nice to see the other updates! Shopgal, I’m also sorry to see that your in the the midst of another round of chemo. I hope it goes well.

It’s been 3 weeks since my last treatment and I’m soaking up every minute with my sons. Bilateral mastectomy coming next Wed. Happy thanksgiving to all!!

• sammi2006
    sammi2006 Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2017

My liver enzymes were elevated last week, my MO said that taxol can cause this and that he wasn't worried about it at this time. I was worried about progression too.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2017

Hi Everyone!!

Its a beautiful day here in NW OHIO! Blessings and healing thoughts and energy to you all on this Thanksgiving day.

Love,

Janet

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940
    edited November 2017

Hello all you American ladies,

I thought I would just pop in to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a very enjoyable day.

I also wanted to say that it is now 12 years and 5 months since I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. Way back in 2005 in the UK I was just told that it was non-hormonal.

I discovered bc.org in 2009, so a long time after I had finished my breast cancer treatment. I did post on here in the early days when Titan started the thread in 2010. She inspired me and I often wonder how she is doing.

I was glad to see that Linda had posted the other day to encourage you with her 9 year survival. We did correspond in the past.

I am now wondering how Cocker Spaniel is and Meadow.

The breast cancer journey does seem long at times, but it does get easier as time goes by and you can get back to a normal life.

Sending very best wishes from the UK.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• AgathaNYC
    edited November 2017

Sylvia - I can't tell you what a lift seeing your post gave me. 12 years! So happy for you.

I'm just starting out on this road and so appreciate hearing from you and other women who are doing well so many years out.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2017

Happy Thanksgiving! ! I hope all here are sharing the day with family/friends with good food and good cheer!

I am especially thankful for all of you! You have been such a source of friendship and support throughout this bc journey. THANK YOU for being here!!

Hugs and BE WELL wishes to you and yours!!

• ewu
    ewu Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2017

Thank you everyone who are 5+ years out post here!!! I just finished my 4th chemo and am facing surgery decisions. It's very stressful to think about treatment during the holiday. I am glad I login here and it really brightens my day to see there is hope at the end!

• sylviaexmouthuk
    edited November 2017

Hello TEKA

It was so nice to see another name from past years. I was glad to read all is well with you and it is good for all of the women going through their cancer treatment to see that life goes on after the cancer journey.

Wishing you all the very best and a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• sylviaexmouthuk
    edited November 2017

Hello Agatha,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I do hope all goes well with your chemotherapy. It does seem a long journey but you can get to the end of it. Keep looking forward, keep well hydrated and get as much rest as you need.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2017

HOW WONDERFUL TO HEAR THESE LONG TERM SURVIVOR STORIES ON THANKSGIVING! I hope to join you in a few more years (two years right now). Wishing everyone the best Thanksgiving. Keep strong and healthy. ❤️

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2017

anotherNYCgirl...I have to agree with you. This site has been my lifeline over the last two years. I feel like we are family. So happy you are doing well.

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2017

ALhusband...Can't wait to read your post in April, 2018 that your wife has reached the five year mark.

• mkn86
    mkn86 Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2017

I just finished dose 3 of 12 taxol + carboplatin. went through EC prior to this. neo adjuvant chemo for me. Long way to go for treatment.

Today is fatigue day so i've been resting.

But happy to see survivors posting. so much hope :) thank you :)

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2017

Thank you, Cathytoo!

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2017

Sylvia and Teka:

So wonderful to come upon your recent posts. Am so happy to hear that you both are doing well. I don't post as often as I did in the past, but I always stop in periodically, and always will, to check on those of us that struggled together in our early years, and to add any help I might be able to for the new girls. The saddening thing is that there are always new names to read about. I pray the day will come when that will not be the case.

I too think very often of Annie and hope that all is going well for her. Such a special lady and friend - as you all are.

If I don't get back on for awhile, I just want to personally wish you both a wonderful holiday season - and the very same to everyone on this thread - filled with love, peace and serenity.

Fondly,

Linda