Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• kmajor
    kmajor Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2017

Agatha,

That is great news!!! I'm so happy for you Smile

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited December 2017

Fantastic to read great news! Lifts my spirits to know others are so fortunate!

Hugs

Vanessa

• AgathaNYC
    AgathaNYC Member Posts: 317
    edited December 2017

Dear Kmajor - Is everything ok with your heart now? So sorry to hear that you had to spend that much time in the CCU. I'm glad all the tests showed no lasting damage. Take care of yourself :-)

• kmajor
    edited December 2017

Hey Agatha, yes my heart seems to be doing great now. The heart doctor put me on meds till the end of chemo to hopefully keep it from going into Afib again. I see him again as soon as chemo is over for a recheck unless of course I need to see him before then. I have 3 more Taxols to go and then on to surgery. My oncologist says that I will wait 4 weeks to have my lumpectomy after chemo but I think my surgeon is wanting to get whatever may be left if there's anything left out sooner. I wonder how long most people have to wait between chemo and having a lumpectomy. Have a great day Smile

• AgathaNYC
    edited December 2017

Hi, KMajor. I'm also down to 3 more Taxols. I just saw my surgeon who said she would wait 4 weeks afer the last infusion to do the surgery.

• kmajor
    edited December 2017

Agatha~ I just hate knowing that if anything should still be alive that it will still be in there for 4 weeks. However, I also realize our bodies have been through a lot and needs some time to rest. Going in for taxol #10 on Thurs. I hope you have a great week Smile

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2017

I'm a quite "portly" man! But I just read the post from AgathaNYC and have donned my cheerleader outfit and grabbed my pom poms to cheer on the great news! These saddle shoes are killing my feet! So there you go ladies...what could possibly be more uplifting than great news from AgathaNYC and a horrendous visual from ALHusband???? LOL! (Yes, I am kidding about the outfit)

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2017

KMajor, I completely believe that Taxol could have messed with your heart. It did a number on me and my cutaneous lupus. My last chemo was 7/14/16 and I had a re-excision on 8/10/16. Best wishes to you!

• AgathaNYC
    edited December 2017

ALHusband - THANKS for the cheerleading! Your post made my day when I was grumpy and sore from the special combo of DD Taxol and Neulasta. I appreciate the visual Loopy

• Swedish_Girl
    Swedish_Girl Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2017

Just wanted to check in and thank everyone for the nice replies when I was anxious about my neck pain. I got my MRI results today, and nothing wrong except a bulging disc no where close to my neck (in the lower back).

• vl22
    edited December 2017

Swedish Girl - great news!!

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2017

Great news, Swedish Girl!

My dog’s lump did turn out to be cancer, spindle cell carcinoma. The vet got good margins, even though it was on her skinny little leg and said he is glad we removed it. She is good to go, but I will be monitoring her even more closely now for other lumps (she has a bunch of fatty ones).

• vl22
    edited December 2017

LoveMyVizsla - Happy to hear your baby is ok

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2017

Sorry it's been a while, but things are not so good. Small reprieve in the middle of the year, but now it's back. Now down my right chest wall, down the sternum and now all chemotherapy has been stopped. I'm too weak now for more treatment. I have a new baby Grandson, Ashton and he has kept me going and he is so delicious. I have no appetite for food (only him) and I've lost a lot of weight. Just taking one day at a time. My daughter, Mandy is writing this email and I am dictating to her, her email address is mandy.jeff@xtra.co.nz if you need to get hold of her. Hope you are all feeling good, healing and enjoying life to the fullest. Please don't let the word recurrence enter your mind, because only a few of us do, it won't be you. Thank you all for standing by me, it is something I will never forget and I love you all. Always in your pocket. Annie

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2017

Dear Cocker, So good to hear from you but so sorry about the news. Keeping you in my prayers. I go for my five year pet scan Monday. Having some concerns, but will wait for results before I go crazy.

So glad to hear you're over the moon about your new grandson. Mine is my joy. think of you often, you're in my prayers, miss reading your humor. You always had & still do a positive attitude. Enjoy every day. And give an extra cuddle to that grandson from all of us. I'm sure the girls and Al Husband too wouldn't object.

In your Pocket

Much Love,

Marsha

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2017

Dear Sweet Annie,

How good to see your name on a post!! Your wisdom and humor has been missed!

I am so happy that you have a delicious new grandchild to bring sunshine and joy, but so sorry that you are not well. There are always new treatments and advances, - yours may be just around the corner! You have all of us rooting for you!!

Post when you can!

sending gentle hugs , - and as Marsha wrote, - give that baby an extra kiss from us!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited December 2017

Oh dear Annie, I am so sad that you are going through this. But I am so glad to see a post from you. And with such sweet news of a new baby to love! Please know that you are loved and so admired for your wonderful spunk. Better find a something to wear that has a HUGE pocket, cuz we are all jumping in! Mandy, thanks for writing up the post. Your Mom is a special gal and means the world to us.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2017

Annie,

I jumped in late on the TN board but knew instantly of the impact you have on all who joined. I am so sorry to hear of your health status. It seems that all in life comes down to love, pure love. You surely are a huge example of that. Still thinking and giving to all of us even when you are weak. I pray for you to be pain free.

Love from the bottom of our pockets to the top - overflowing with immeasurable gratitude, respect and pure love for you,

Janet

• Cabarita
    Cabarita Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017

I was diagnosed 7 years ago, when my children were 8 and 10. Although I have been a faithful follower, this is my first post. This thread has been a lifeline. The bravery, humor, love and support here have helped me so much. (Especially Cocker!) xxoo

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2017

Dearest Annie...like Bstesburg, I have only been on the site for two years, so I didn't have the chance to get to know you as well as some of the other women. However, almost instantly I discovered the love and devotion you had here. I have been thinking of you over these past months, praying that somehow you were doing well. I don't have the right words to express my sadness to hear that life has gotten so hard for you. And, yet in your post, your love and concern for others shines brightly. How wonderful that you have been blessed with your precious new grandson. You have shown all of us what it means to be brave, strong and loving in all moments of life. ❤️

• Cathytoo
    edited December 2017

LoveMyVizsla....so happy to hear that your baby is on the bend. It’s so hard on us when they are hurting.

• Cathytoo
    edited December 2017

Recurrence scare - How to count ... There’s been a lot of talk here about how to count...from date of diagnosis - date of surgery - end of treatment, etc. Yesterday I met with a new oncologist at Fox Chase Cancer Hospital in Philadelphia. She was emphatic that you begin counting from date of last surgery. Coincidently, yesterday was exactly two years for me. Who knows if there is really one definite correct answer. I guess you go by whatever your doctor says. But, for me, her answer was good news.

• vl22
    edited December 2017

Cathyhoo - I’m also at Fox Chase and that was the answer I was given also. It does make the most sense.

Good luck with your new MO. Fox Chase is a wonderful place!

• Cathytoo
    edited December 2017

VL22...I just sent you a PM.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2017

Annie I am SO GLAD to see that you posted. I have been thinking about you often. You are a Hall of Famer on this string and always will be. So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. That's terrible news. But know you are loved by many many people...all over the world,,,via this string! We're all pulling for you and praying for you and for your family. Please post again when you're able. God bless!

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2017

Cathytoo- but what if you get neoadjuvant chemotherapy and surgery isn't until late into treatment? This is confusing for me!

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2017

Ladies & Gent.

If you don’t mind say a little prayer. I have been having a few issues and am due to have a “head to toe” PET scan on Monday. Dec. 26 is my 5 year mark. I am trying to be strong. The uncertainty is the worst, I think. One way or the other is best. Knowledge is power. I’ll let you all know outcome.

Much love to all & especially “Our Annie”!

Marsha

• Cathytoo
    edited December 2017

Lookingforward66... Marsha, the hardest thing is the damn worrying about the unknown. I know how you must be feeling. Every time I don’t feel well I think that the cancer is racing through my body. I’m sending you lots of ❤️ and 🙏. I hope your worry is all for nothing and you pass through December 26 with flying colors on to your 6th year mark. Please keep us informed.

• randrgirl
    randrgirl Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2017

I second want VL said. Fox Chase is a wonderful hospital. I write this as I wrap up my last minutes of my first dose of Taxol at Fox Chase. Long day.

Have a good weekend.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited December 2017

Oh my dear Annie, So wonderful to hear from you, but so sorry you are not feeling well. You have been so missed on this thread. I bet that new little grandson warms your heart. Focus on him when times get rough. My greetings to your "old feller" (that's what you called him, right?), your daughters, and those little people you love so much. Love and hugs, Jan