Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• hanley50
    hanley50 Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2017

Dear Mandy,

My heart aches for you and your family. Your mom truly was a very special person and the world was a better place with her in it. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Love Maryann

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited December 2017

Dear Mandy,

So very sorry for you and your family who will all be in my prayers. Your dear Mum was a jewel. Her light shines on always in the hearts of those who loved her. May you find some peace.

Rest in peace dear Annie. You are loved. You will be missed. You made a difference to many people whose lives you touched with your wise counsel, sense of humor and comforting words.

Love, Paula

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2017

Mandy, I am incredibly saddened to read about your Mom. This string will never be the same. I've said it before...she was a hall of famer! She will ALWAYS be remembered! My mom passed in 2001 from cancer. When she did, a nun said the most comforting words to me. I'll share them with you. She said, "Your mom closed her eyes to us...but opened them again to the face of Jesus Christ." I know that happened for your Mom as well. God bless you and your family in this difficult time.

• belleeast
    belleeast Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2017

Mandy, I am so sorry to hear your sad news, your mother has been and will be greatly missed by those of us who were blessed to have known her thru this site. She kept us entertained with her wit,stories of her family, her stories of her pets, of her "old feller"! She was always there in our pocket when we needed encouragement and a helping hand. She was sunshine in a pocket. May you and your family take comfort knowing she was loved worldwide, prayers for all of you during this hard time

• lisaj514
    lisaj514 Member Posts: 289
    edited December 2017

so sorry Mandy. What a beautiful soul your mom was! She touched so many of our lives and made the days easier to get through with her kind, wise and humorous words. She was a gem. We were blessed to have her with us on this thread. She will be missed by so many

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited December 2017

My dear Mandy, I'm sure your heart is heavy. Your mom loved her daughters so much. And your dad, and her dogs. She and I went through treatment about the same time for similar diagnosis. All the sisters on this thread had such joyful conversations and laughs during those days. I loved her stories of her dog getting into things. I feel honored to have known her and will treasure her memory forever. Blessings. Jan

• Libber
    Libber Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2017

I’m so sorry to hear this Mandy. I have not been very active on this forum but have been inspired by your Mom. Peace to you and your family.

• breastcancerhusband
    breastcancerhusband Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2017

Dear All

Just checking in. Its been a year since my last post. First of all, so sorry to hear about Annie. xxx

Just a recap, my wife was diagnosed with TNBC back in October 2014, while she was 15 weeks pregnant. I'm pleased to say that over three years have now passed, and so far so good! My son is also fine! Looking cute (just like his Dad!) and causing mayhem at every chance. Obviously no idea what the future holds, but so glad and thankful to get this far.

Wish I had more time to post here, but I guess life with a busy job and two lovely but completely insane children takes up all my time! But I do always spare a thought and prayer for all of you.

For anyone going through this right now, stay strong and there is light at the end of tunnel.

Big massive Christmas hugs to all of you lovely ladies (and the few other men on here supporting their loved ones)

Cathy - as always an extra big hug for you!

Tom

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited December 2017

Dear Mandy, I am so sad to hear the news. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I am just heart broken that she is gone. Hugs to you from around the world.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited December 2017

Mandy - I read your post on fb and am just now finding the words to post...although I’m still finding it hard to convey how special your mom is. Your mom is one of the most strong, caring, loving, beautiful women I am lucky enough to call my friend. We became close through this thread and she became so very dear to me. My heart is broken... I am so sorry for you and your families loss. She loved you all so fiercely. Sending you so much love and prayers.

Alici

• Stupidboob
    Stupidboob Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2017

Mandy,
        I am so sorry to hear about your mum's passing..

• adagio
    adagio Member Posts: 713
    edited December 2017

Mandy - so very sorry to hear about your Mom Annie - like others have said, she was a gem and a great boost to all while we were going through our treatments. She will be sorely missed by those who got to know her here on this site. My condolences to you and you family as you go through this incredibly challenging and painful time - warm thoughts and prayers coming to you, your Dad and your whole family. Thanks for letting us know.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited December 2017

Mandy I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m happy though, that Annie is with her lovely Tessa again, and free of pain at last. It must have been a hard year. As the time passes you will find that the happy memories shine brighter and brighter. X

• Flynn
    Flynn Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2017

Mandy, I didn't know your mom, but all the messages in this post are a testimony to what a lovely person she must have been. I'm sorry for your loss.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy & happy 2018!

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited December 2017

Dear Annie,

Thank you so much for always being a cheerleader to us, and being the glue that held our community together. You are one special lady, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to know your caring ways, your laughter, and funny stories. You are surrounded by much love, hugs, and tears right now. You will always be remembered.

Love,

Debra

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited December 2017

Mandy so saddened for you and your family. Your mum was one of the first people to welcome me to the board last year and made me smile with her wisdom and kind words. My heart is heavy for her loss. I don’t post much anymore as I am battling stage 3 uterine carcinosarcoma and am in the middle of chemo again. Wishing all a happy holiday and new year.

Love to all

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2017

breastcancerhusband.....wonderful to read your post and learn that your wife is doing so well...and life is good for all of you. Don't stay away for so long. We love to hear good updates‼️ Sending back to you, your wife and “lovely" kids, the same “massive Christmas hug" you gave to us. ❤️ Cathy

• jojobird
    jojobird Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2017

Hello everyone,

I don't post often on this board, and in reading over I can see there's been the loss of a beloved poster named Annie. I did not know her, but I send heartfelt empathy out to her family, and to those who loved her and knew her. She sounds like a wonderful person.

Just wanted to send love out to all on this Xmas eve, and belated Hanukkah. I finished treatment in January and am nearly two years out from dx (3 more months), but this time of year is a bit challenging. I've lowered my cooking standards and the house will be a bit cluttered, it's ok. I still get tired faster, and take my breaks as needed, but one day at a time. Wishing you all well. I am so grateful for the sisterhood (and brotherhood) and support of these boards. Love out.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2017

SadMandy

I’m so sorry about the passing of your precious momma. So many of these boards were blessed by her kindness, love, wit and pure joy. We loved hearing her stories about her old feller and she made us all laugh when so many times we wanted to scream and cry. You and your family and those that loved her are in my prayers. Dearest Annie we miss you Pink sister. Dance on the streets of gold!!!!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited December 2017

Hi everyone, I came on the boards to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I have been absent, and reading thru the thread I see some good things, some not so good, and then...Annie. Oh my, words cannot express how much we all loved you dear Annie. You made a scary journey less scary. With your warmth and laughter and love we all just felt better. You know I loved you. Thanks Mandy for letting us know she is now at rest. Al, your words give me comfort. BChusband, so glad your family is well. Cathy, sending you, Val and Another my love. Sylvia, Merry Christmas across the pond. To all you newbies, welcome. To my dear old friends, our journey together now goes into a new year, hoping for good health, for joy. Much love, Meadow

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940
    edited December 2017

Hello Meadow,

I was so happy to see your post and I just wanted to wish you all the very best. I do still look on TNs but find it hard to keep up with all the new names. I do remember yours very well and, of course, I remember Annie and the lovely strong and supportive person that she was. My thoughts go out to her daughter Mandy and all the family.

How are you getting on? I do wish you health and happiness for the New Year.

I send best wishes from the UK to everybody on the TNs and send support and comfort to all of you going through treatment. It can be a tough journey, but you can do it.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• sylviaexmouthuk
    edited December 2017

Hello Teka,

I was glad to see you back on the thread. I have always kept fond memories of you from the past. We have both been in this forum for many years. I do hope all is well with you.

Happy, Healthy New Year.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited December 2017

Meadow... what a nice surprise to wake up Christmas morning and see a post from you. So happy that you are doing well. As you might have seen as you read through the posts, I just had my two year cancerversary. Life is less scary but every once in a while I remember that I “had” breast cancer. For all of us, I hope “had” stays in our lives. I’m sending you a big Christmas hug.

• sylviaexmouthuk
    edited December 2017

Hello Teka,

I was glad to know that all is well with you and your family.

I do not envy you that cold weather. A cousin of mine recently came back from a trip to New York. She really enjoyed it but did comment on how cold it was.

Keep up the good work and I shall always be glad to hear from you.

Fond thoughts.

Sylvia xxxx

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2017

Dear Mandy,

Thank you so much for letting us know your Mom has past. She was just over a year ahead of me. I didn't post much but truly remember her fighting spirit & joy for life. Her positive outlook gave many of us lifted spirits to keep on. She will be greatly missed. She was one of a kind. Much love to & your family.

Rest In Peace Annie, much love.

Marsha

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2017

Mandy, so sorry for your loss. Your moms passing has hit me hard, it was hard to not hear her enouragement when she was going through treatment. I believe she is painfree now and looking over all of us but especially her family.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2017

allydp,

We've missed you. Hope you are well.

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited December 2017

Hello Friends

Mandy, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. I know she is an Angel forever watching over you and your family. She was an inspirational, witty, and caring presence for me and so many others. I loved reading her posts, and so appreciated her reaching out to me several times when I was struggling with treatment and the “after." She will be sorely missed, and I will never forget her. Thank you for sharing her with us. I know she is in heaven, worry and pain-free, and memories of her are forever in all of our hearts.

Hugs, arlene

• Dark13
    Dark13 Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2017

Hi everyone and happy holidays to you and your families. Hi Mandy, I didn't know your mom as I am new to this thread but by everyone comments I can tell she was an inspiration, loved and would be missed. I am sending you a warm comforting hug from the Caribbean the hug is really tight hope you can feel the sqeeze.(lol)

I was diagnosed in September 2017 had the mastectomy and is now doing Chemo. I am on my 2nd cycle. 2 more to go and then 12 weeks of taxol. I am treating every cycle as the 1st cause you just don't know what to expect. Days 3 and 4 of cycyle 1 was no fun but I got thru it. I wait to see what cycle 2 will throw at me. I have started to loose my hair but that does not bother me cause I cut and color and do all kinda of things to it plus I am accustomed to wearing wigs so I will just have to wait till it grows back. I just don't know what to eat during the day. I have never been a snacker actually I do not eat in between meals. But with my appetitie kinda on the low side I really don't know what to do. Can you all throw some tips my way. These forums have been a great help to me during this process, it helps to keep me sane and focused. Helps me to know I CAN DO THIS cause so many of you are doing it and have done it before me and is here to give encouragement. There are not enough words to express my thanks. Blessings and happy 2018.

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited December 2017

imageimage