Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Lovelyface
    Lovelyface Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2011

MBJ - It cheered me up to see you're back here.  How are you feeling now?

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited February 2011

Laurajane - I got dx a 2nd time with bc last year.

I saw a pregnant woman coming out of the doctor's office and thought, how nice to be happy about going to the doctors, having a new life.  I was genuinely happy for her, but sad at the same time that my dr visits are about cancer and having a hysterectomy.  :(

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited February 2011

Heidi - interesting stuff on the BRCA mutuations.  I wonder what's the wild type?  They mentioned mutation 12.  I think I'm 13 (I'll have to look at that da** path report again!).  Anyway, just wondering what is classified as the wild type. 

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

I'm in on the trip!  I want to see the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I'm also a sailor!  Will try to post a pic too.

Imagine yourself sitting on the lakeside bench with me today...78*, sunshine and low humidity...we are laughing, planning our trip and celebrating our good health~

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

Hi all from Ontario Canada... man is it snowing!!!   We are kinda used to it here but it is storming too, blowing snow is evil... can't see a thing.   I'm at work though, so it is doable.

Heidi love your pictures, MacFry is priceless and the pic of the dolfins is excellent. 

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2011

My exchange surgery is april 14th so that weekend is great! It will keep my mind off of it. I've been to DC a few times but never for the cherry festival - where is a good place to stay - i would be taking amtrak down from connecticut. I probably wouldnt be there until lateeee friday night.

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

Ladies- please PM me if you are interested in meeting in DC April 8-10 during the Cherry Blossom Festival. This way, I can keep a more accurate tally of numbers without accidentally missing someone's post in the thread. Looks like we have about four so far, but that will probably change.

My plan is to scope out a few hotels in the area and see what the price range is. Then I will put the information in here and everyone can make their own reservations. Everyone will be responsible for their own reservations and costs but, due to advance planning, we all wind up staying in proximity to each other, driving off together but still having the freedom to do our own thing.

I envisage the same lodging, dinners, day at the festival and possibly some tour of the area (all subject to individual plans & ideas). In other-words, no one has to commit to the "plan" but we can still hook up and toss a few back.

How does that sound so far?

Here's an appetizer:

• Claire82
    edited February 2011

ok :)

are husbands welcome?

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Claire- actually, I was thinking of this as a gal thing.  How do the others feel?

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 2011

I want to go!  My birthday is on April 26th so a little trip would be an early birthday present to me.  I would need to know well in advance so I could see about booking a cheap flight to BWI.

Edited: going alone is fine with me...assuming my DH is home for child care!

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

DC Trip-

Interested: Ruth, Heidi Claire, Sugar.... and?

• Suze35
    Suze35 Member Posts: 559
    edited February 2011

I'd like to go, but don't know if I can swing it 4 weeks after surgery :(. Those of you who had a BMX with node removal, what are the chances?

• Claire82
    edited February 2011

4 weeks? pretty good - i felt good by then

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited February 2011

Heiditoo- I will PM you also but, I haven't had a chance to get this excited about something for a while. Count me in. Flights are cheap but I'll be anxious to see what hotels you recommend. What a fabulous idea. I've been to the cherry festivals in New York at their botanical gardens but I'm sure they could not be as beautiful as they are in D.C. I love the idea of it being a gal thing. 

MBJ- Great to see your smiling face.  

Suze- I love hearing that about your great response. I meet with my onc tomorrow. I guess we will see how it is working for me.

Sugar- I'm going on fb to try it right now. Fun.

• Suze35
    edited February 2011

Thanks Claire! I'll throw my hat in the ring.

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited February 2011

I think you should feel good 4 weeks out, but everyone is different too so just take it easy.  You'll know if you can do it.

I unfortunately won't be able to make the trip.  We have a new business that I'm helping with, and have a 3 yr old, no help with childcare.. and, I've never been on a trip alone.  I'm one who really doesn't do too well without family going along. Family wise, I only have a fiance' and two grown children.. no parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles.  There is literally no support other than those few and people online here that I have.   The festival sounds and looks beautiful!  I'm sure it will be absolutely nothing but good times!!  Ahh... yes, in amidst all this ice and nasty cold, spring IS coming.  I've seen a few spring birds here in Ohio.. so I know it isn't far away!

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

DC Trip-

Interested: Ruth, Heidi, Claire, Sugar, laurajane, Suze35.... and?

• Luah
    Luah Member Posts: 626
    edited February 2011

Time spent in uncomfortable position: 50 minutes

Gray hairs gained from anxiety: 100-plus

Dollars spent on hospital parking: 20

Getting a clean follow-up breast MRI: Priceless!

- Very relieved to get this news today Smile

• laurajane
    edited February 2011

Luah- That is the best news I've heard all day, actually in a long time. I'm so happy for you. I hope I can share the same news next week.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2011

Would love to join you all in Washington DC and to meet all of you wonderful gals, but I raise my 15 yr. old grand-daughter and have no one to stay with her while she's in school, etc., plus I am taking a week off (last week of March) to see my daughter from Minnesota and my little grandson, and wouldn't be able to get another week wedged in that soon after.

But I will sure be thinking of you all and excitedly looking forward to pics - lots of pics!!!!

Linda

• monisch
    monisch Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2011
    love the pink elephantLaughing
  • HeidiToo
    edited February 2011
    Linda- As you know, I do pictures! Laughing
  • tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2011

Great news Luah!  Absolutely priceless~

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    edited February 2011
    Luah- Wonderful news!!!
  • sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 2011

Luah, wonderful news. Now you can go and ski in peace this weekend.

• Luah
    Luah Member Posts: 626
    edited February 2011

You're right, Sugar77, and there'll be plenty of snow to ski on!

Thanks ladies for your support.

• riley702
    riley702 Member Posts: 575
    edited February 2011

I have a followup with my onc tomorrow and haven't even begun to dig my car out of the inch of ice it's encased in. I haven't even been outside because there's that same solid inch of ice on my porch. *whine* I hate winter.

I'm contemplating leaving my house 2 hours before my appointment, and once I get INTO my car and start it, just sitting in it reading for the next hour and seeing how much melts off that way. Even if there's some left, it would have to be easier to get off. And I have a full tank of gas...

• laurajane
    edited February 2011

Riley702- I meet my onc in Indy tomorrow too! It takes me an hour and a half in good weather. LOL. I hope the roads are clear if not I'm thinking about taking a shuttle up to the airport and then cab it to downtown. I hope your followup goes great tomorrow.

• Suze35
    edited February 2011

Luah - great news!

I can empathize about the weather. I have my GI appointment and my Neupogen shot tomorrow starting at 8:45...we were lucky and weren't in the ice line, but ugh, way too much snow on the ground.

Riley - your idea sounds good to me!

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited February 2011

Luah - good news is great to hear.