Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

LaughingLaughingLaughing test

Damn... I don't think my emoticons work anymore! :-(

58FC8998-5F98-67A3-58AE-338395DBB2B1
  • aprilh
    aprilh Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010

Hello ladies.

I'm new here so bare with me.

Diagnosed at age 36 (8/24/10) with 3.5 cm size Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II. Triple Neg. They have me on dose dense neoadjuvant chemo with Cytoxan and Adriamyiacin every two weeks for 4 treatments. Then they will switch me to Taxol every two weeks for a total of 4 treatments. I'm waiting for the results of my genetics testing. Then after my chemo, the plan is for lumpectomy and then we'll see where from there.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of your stories and getting some much needed support on my tough days. I'm currently in day 6 of round #1 of chemo and it's kicking my butt!!!!

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2010

Aprilh- I'm so sorry you have to go thru this but you will find support here that you probably can't find anywhere else. I've gone thru the AC chemo and it's rough. I hope you have someone that can cook for you. One thing I did was cook on my good days, like home-made chicken soup I lived on and froze it, lemon sorbet really helped to get rid of that crisco feeling in my mouth. I had a really rough time with the Neulesta shots at first. I had so much pain from them but my Onc said I should try a Zantac (antacid) and a Claritan 1/2 hour before my shot and it reduced the pain significantly. You'll get thru this. It's so tough but as I've been told chemo is the only thing that works for us TN's and look on here and see all of the survivors. I am on the 12Xweekly Taxol(4th on Thursday) now which seems to be so much easier on me. This is a time for you to take care of yourself and try and think of things you never had the time to do before. I started painting which is something I always wanted to do and never found the time before all of this. Remember we are all with you. This site is great for answering any questions and just having friends to share with. Sending hugs your way.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

April - I am so sorry you had to find your way here.  You will find plenty of support from the people here and I couldn't have gotten through it without them.  I did AC/T and while it's wasn't easy, it's doable.  Like Laurajane - I cooked on my good days, especially chicken noodle soup which I ate a lot of and froze the rest.  AC is tough - if your body says rest, rest, sleep and try to eat a little something.  With that said - I did find that by getting out for a walk everyday no matter how bad I felt and if I only walked a block made me feel better mentally more than physically.  It felt good to do something other than sit on the couch or in bed feeling bad.  Also, drink as much water as you an to help flush out the chemo from your system.

I'm not sure if you've found the thread yet, but hey usually start a monthly thread for chemo, like Aug 2010, Sept 2010 starters... It really helps to talk to people going through what you are at the same time.  And.....you can come here to vent, ask questions, ramble or cry - we're here.

(((hugs))) 

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Lynn:

Good luck tomorrow - just think this time tomorrow night - it will all be behind you. 

Linda

• MonikaV
    MonikaV Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2010
    Lynne: Good luck tomorrow- I will be thinking about you. Posivite thoughts!!!!!Smile
  • Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Heidi..we KNEW IT!  Ha Ha....**>#>>*>>#**#>>*#>>*#*#>>>!  Right back at you!  love ya twin!

• MonikaV
    edited September 2010
    AprilH : Welcome ! So sorry that you have to go through this. It is especially hard when you are so young. Don't be discouraged. This page is great ! You will find yourself laughing, crying and sharing experiences with people that truly knows what you are going through. Hang in there. Smile
  • Titan
    edited September 2010

Ok..welcome April....chemo may be kicking your butt but it is also kicking your cancer's butt too!  You will get alot of support here.  We will be with you the whole way through you can count on that!  I just hope you aren't a Patriots fan..one is enough per thread..Ha ha Heidi.

• csheley
    csheley Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2010

Hi all!

My original breast cancer was diagnosed in 2003 as ER-/PR- and HER2+.  After 2 recurrences and 3 series of chemo's as well as on Herceptin the last 7 years, the last biopsy showed a molecular change to HER2-.  I have just joined the tnbc club!

Since I've already done different chemo cocktails, I'm wondering what treatments have worked for others with tnbc.

• Titan
    edited September 2010

ccsheley..what chemos have you had?  I think alot of us have had adriamycin, cytoxin, taxol, and taxotere..and some others...

Oh and welcome to the TN club..let's hope your new treatments kick that cancer once and for all..you deserve it! 

• csheley
    csheley Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2010

I have had Adriamycin, Cytoxin & Taxotere.  The second round was with Abraxane, Carboplatin & started Herceptin.  We tried Xeloda but the side affects became too much and so went back on Abraxane and Avastin. I've done the Herceptin for 5 years - the last three years Herceptin has kept it under control.  I just learned that the molecular structure can change so I'm investigating all options.

• tennislas
    tennislas Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010

I had 6 cycles of chem 3 of FEC and and 3 of Taxotere.  I researched this and determined for myself that perhaps this was better for triple neg's.  I think this treatment is used more in Europe. 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited September 2010

Welcome, tennislas.  Are you from Europe?

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

I aprilh, I was diagnosed at age 36 and I'm still alive and kicking!!  I was very sick during AC but found taxol to be much easier.

I can into work this morning to tie up a few loose ends.  (Just had my surgery monday.) I am soooooo tired; I could just lie down on the floor and snooze.Frown

xxooo

• Titan
    edited September 2010

Michele...I can see you are following everyone's advice to take it easy...(not!)

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2010

MBJ- Thank-you. Hope your feeling good today

Csheley- Like Titan said I hope this treatments works once and for all. Wishing you the best.

MicheleS- Congratulations on having your surgery overwith. I hope you take good care of yourself.

Wishing everyone a great day. It's beautiful here in Indiana today. I love the cooler temps. 

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

Titan-- come on--- admit it--- what's not to like?Laughing

• lrm216
    edited September 2010

Yeah, Michelle's sure off to a good start and taking care of herself - she's already at work!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited September 2010

We wonder why people don't offer to help us???  We are super women

• Titan
    edited September 2010

Maybe the pictures of Tom Brady got her fired up???

You know Meece you are right....I have told people that they don't need to do anything but then deep down inside I'm mad that they listened to me...

• Lynne3times
    Lynne3times Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2010

Titan, Michele, MBJ, Laurajane, Monikav, LRM216,

Thank you all so much for your hugs and well wishes. Got the path reports today and EVERYTHING was negative. Uterus, cervix, 22 lymph nodes and omentum. I was floored. As I know you all understand, I wanted to be optimistic but was preparing for the worst. It still hasn't really all sunk in yet, it has been a very long 2 years but I am so relieved. I was crying tears of joy in the car on the way home. Thank you all for being there.

Aprilh, welcome aboard to the TN club, while none of us want to be here, we are glad that we have each other. There are some hysterically funny and compassionate women on this site.

The thought still seems slightly foreign and wierd, but once I fully recover from surgery, I will finally be able to move forward with my life again, Smile, YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

• eileen1955
    eileen1955 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2010

alleluia!!   That's wonderful news Lynn3times!   I am doing the happy dance for you. eileen

• lrm216
    edited September 2010

Lynn:

So VERY happy to hear your news - whew - talk about a weight being lifted!

Linda

• starling
    starling Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2010

Lynne - I am overjoyed for you. The fears we women have because if this hideous disease. I am so happy for you! Celebrate Life!

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2010

I have only read 30 of 59 pages on this thread.  I'm new here.  Diagnosed 9/2/10 after abnormal yearly mammo showed 4 microcalcifications not there last year.  No lump, no mass, no pain.  At first they said DCIS, then the next day IDC, grade 2, no vascular/lymphatic invasion.  I've decided on mastectomy, but can't get it until 10/7 since I wanted immediate recon.  I wonder if I'm doing the right thing ... I've heard many other stories of this growing at an enormous rate.  The only lump I feel now is right at the biopsy site, which was told it was hematoma.  Is there any difference doing unilateral versus bilateral?  The right side is fine.

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

yay, yay, yay!!!! GO Lynne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Luah
    Luah Member Posts: 626
    edited September 2010

cc4npg:  Sorry you had to join us here, but you will find loads of support.  The early days following a BC diagnosis are absolutely the worst -- and we have all second-guessed the next steps that are put before us. Your surgery date is just over a month from diagnosis -- I think you will find that to be a very common interval, plus yours is grade 2 so not as aggressive as most trip negs.  Take a deep breath, you will be okay!

What do your doctors say about uni versus bi?  In the end it's your decision, but ask lots of questions and make sure you are comfortable with the path forward.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited September 2010

OMG:  Sorry, have the flu, but Lynne YAHOOOOOOOEEEE!!!!!!  You got it going on I am so happy for you!!!

MICHELE:  Stop working and go back to bed now dr. mary's orders stat!

• MonikaV
    edited September 2010
    Lynne: So happy with the great news!!!! Smile