Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

Hey Titan - liver US for me tomorrow. Onc (took him a few days to get back to me--- don't think he got the page) still feels it is just a cyst, but because radiologist suggested a repeat be done after 6 months onc is "bound" by that recommendation. He was actually annoyed about it, as he knows I am conflicted between the desire to be closely monitored and the desire to put it all behind me. He's one of those who prefer not to overdo all the follow-up testing. Funny--I was initially dismayed by his approach but, now that I am living it, I find it's a "Be careful what you wish for" scenario.

Hopefully, tomorrow's US will show nothing different and I will be able to eliminate repeats. Scanxiety vs. reassurance. Sometimes it's a toss up for me which one is more important.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited November 2010

Sorry I haven't had anytime to chat or post!  Best thing is summer finally came to California but man it's too hot!  Makes me want to go camping.

Heiditoo:  Thank you for the laughs!!!  I am thinking your US will be clean so you can continue to tickle our funny bones.  Sorry, I am selfish!  Hugs.

laurajane:  So sorry you have an infection but I am sure the antibiotics will kick it to the curb so that you can move on!  Hope you heal up quicky. Gentle hugs!

I am so behind on posts, and it's really late so those of you having your scans, good luck and tomorrow is a better day, right?

• PinkPeeCA
    PinkPeeCA Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2013

Again, thanks to all of you for your support!

Heidi2, thanks for the laughs.

Titan, MBJ, GOOD LUCK tomorrow, here's hoping you get a negative thats positive!

Best thing that happened to me today, I took off my wig and hat and sat on the deck by the bay with a girlfriend and cracked irreverent jokes for hours.  6 weeks since I have known, three weeks on CA, still feeling good.  Three "friends" came by and said "wha" although I know they know, the fourth came out, stood me up, gave me a big hug and said "your going to be fine" no pretense, no games, just some positive straight-forward words.
    What's up with sore feet, sore soles and a swollen throat?  My book says call the doc, but the doc says call my GP.

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2010

mitmuffin:  Glad to have someone on the same schedule.  We can compare notes and the ones that have been through it before can help us out.  Thank goodness for this site.  Here's to next week.  With every one done - there is one less to go through. 

• MPB
    MPB Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010

Hi All--I am now a 15 year survivor, triple negative. Diagnosed in 1995. Had lumpectomy, chemo with the old protocol (4 cycles Adriamycin, 8 of CMF) followed by radiation. Had been super healthy before but changed eating habits, added supplements. 

My best wishes to anyone currently going through treatment.

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    edited November 2010
    MPB That's what I like to hear!! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!
  • HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Ultrasound today revealed no further changes from six months ago, so consistent with a benign cyst. Another bullet dodged, and one less test to worry about.

Yes, I had my Rumrunner afterwards (you knew I would) and am now consuming a "better-than-Paris" Napoleon.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2010

Heidi:

YAH!!!!!!  You rock, girl.  Soooooo happy to hear the news.  Quite the load of your back, I would think.  After running my granddaughter over more than 3/4 of the City of Atlanta after work tonight, I am settling in with a Bailey's and a toast to you across the miles.

Linda

• MonikaV
    MonikaV Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2010

MPB: So glad you joined us to share . It is great to now there are survivers triple negatives that passed the 5 year mark!Where you BRCA negative or positive?

• riley702
    riley702 Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2010

The best thing that happened today, after #9 of 33 rads and followup appt with medical oncologist, was stopping by the boutique in the breast care center. They have my insurance info already on file and reminded me I'm entitled to 2 mastectomy bras per calendar year, so I got 2. And since I've paid my out-of-pocket expenses for the year, I got an Amoena breast form ($320) free!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited November 2010

MBP: thanks for taking the time to post.  15 years!  Wonderful.  Survivor stories are always welcome.  Please come back and tell us more about yourself.

Navy

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2010

Heidi!  I'm lifting my glass of white zin to YOU!  Maybe I will lift a few more b-4 the night is over..I too had a good exam, no lumps, no bumps, lymph nodes fine!  It is a good day...time to raise the glass!

Ya know..one good thing about being a TN..is that there are really no studies that say that alcohol is bad for TN's...we can take flaxseed too...sweet!  And milk thistle and folic acid to help our livers! easy peasy...we can do that...

Hey Riley and  Navy Mom..missed you!  I still love your Avatar Riley! 

Um...Heidi.. I think my Browns play your Patriots on Sunday!  Would you like to trash talk a little?????The Browns are definitely the underdog...so I'm going to pick them!

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2010

Congrats Heidi. 

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2013

Heidi - that is such good news!

Titan - that's such a good way of looking at it.

I was out buying Omega 3 supplements today and decided to pick up some boswellic acid supplements while I was there.  I've heard it's good for breast cancer.  Has anybody else tried this?

The best thing today was going out for Vietnamese food with my dd. She had a really good progress report from school yesterday so we were celebrating. 

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited November 2010

Swanny, yep, we can compare notes.

Heidi,  Excellent news. I envy you the Napoleon.

• Titan
    edited November 2010

Oh Sugar....I'm kind of good at rationalizing things...

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2010

Congratulations heidi!!

MPB- Love hearing this. Would you PLEASE post more and tell us about yourself.

Titan- I love that philosophy. Cheers to you, hiedi and all!!!! 

MBJ- Glad you are staying busy. I hope your days are filled with excitement.

Pinkpee- Sounds wonderful. I spent the evening having dinner with my girlfriends tonight also. But there isn't anything like coming home to blog with you guys that really understand what all of this is like.  

Riley- I wonder if that is the same kind the gal showed me yesterday. I was ready for her to slice me and insert it right then and there. It felt so real. Actually a lot plumper than my own. I am looking forward to recon AND a new plumper one on the other side. I always dreamed of slightly larger breasts and I believe my wish will come true. Ha! P.S. I hope I didn't gross anyone out with that. Actually just so excited to wear a bra again with the newbie falsy. I'm also excited that insurance will cover it. Maybe I will opt for multi sizes you know depending on my mood. LOL

Lynn and Monika- How are you both feeling? 

The best thing that happened to me today is that I got a call from Doc Bill and was told they may have gotten me into a clinical trial with carboplatinin or cisplatinin and the beyond fabulous parp inhibitor. I just love that guy. I go tomorrow and fill out the paperwork. I still don't know where it is but planes fly everywhere don't they? I also got a script for an arm sleeve and my BS said that I am healing just fine and he might be able to remove my drains on Monday and then give me a script for my falsy and a new brassiere. Great day! Yahoo!! To wear a tank top again, oh yeah! Life is great. Sweet dreams to all of you.

• riley702
    edited August 2013

laurajane - It's an Amoena Essential Light 2S Breast Form 442, in a size 6. I thought at first it was too big, but it's only a B cup on me. It didn't feel heavy, it felt very natural. With a shirt on, it feels very much like the natural side.

Oh, I almost forgot - my Vitamin D level is up to 68 from a pathetic 16. I quit taking my onc.'s prescription Vitamin D2 (50,000 mg/week) and started taking about 3,000 mg D3 daily for a couple of months. I'm going to cut back to 1,000 mg/day now that I'm up where I wanted to be (60 to 100)

• Lynn18
    Lynn18 Member Posts: 284
    edited November 2010

Laurajane:  Congrats on getting into the parp trial!  That's wonderful.  I am feeling better but my arm still hurts, does yours?  It seems like the pain is worse since they took the drains out.

Monika:  How are you feeling? Better I hope.

MPB:  Welcome and thank you for posting. 

Heidi:  Glad you got good news, hope you have a good weekend.

Can any of you tell me how long you waited after surgery before you started radiation?  Thanks! 

• riley702
    edited November 2010

I started rads Oct. 25 after a mastectomy on Sept. 8.

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited November 2010
    Good news Laurajane! You are right, planes fly everywhere.
  • cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2010

Heidi:  So happy everything is ok!

MPB:  I'd like to hear more details too.  Love hearing you're 15 years out!!!

• MBJ
    edited November 2010

MBP:  Wow, 15 years out is so encouraging!  Thank you for coming on here and sharing.

Heidi:  I'm doing the happy dance for you!  Wahooooooooo!!!!

Laurajane:  I am so happy you get to go on a trial and I really hope that it works for you.  Your dr. is the best!

Riley:  I have been on 8000 mg per day of Vit D3 for a year now and I am waiting on the blood test results.  My dr. says being in the 80's is optimal for vit D for us BC gals.  Is your dr. monitoring it?  I still got BC and when my levels at the time of diagnosis was 62.

• MBJ
    edited November 2010

Mittymuffin & Swanny:  Good luck with your rads and may you be without many side effects!

• MBJ
    edited November 2010

Laurajane:  If you are on the picture site, you should check out my pics--I augmented my other side and definetly got "plumper" LOL!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2010

Kad - I was dx'd with AS, an autoimmune disorder in the arthritis family right before my BC dx.  After finishing chemo it seems to flare up really really bad and still does.  I guess those chemo drugs play havoc with our joints. Unscented Bengay, heating pads, warm soaks, anti inflammatory medications and as crazy as it sounds movement.  I hope you feel better soon.

heidi - I don't know where you find your funnies, but I love them.........

I just wanted to pop in to say hello and hope that everyone is having a good weekend.

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2010

MBJ- Thank-you. I will try and get registered today. 

The clinical trial I will be trying to get on is actually available here in Indiana. I am supposed to meet them this week to see if I match their criteria. Scary probably the most important interview I've ever done. I am thinking positive and truly believe I will officially get on. If they accept me I will start in two weeks. This clinical trial everyone recieves the Iniparib in combination with Gemcitabine/Carboplatin. This is the phase 2-3 I believe. My onc can give me the Gem/Carb. but I really want this parp inhibitor. I have read that many women had an extension of living for 3 months and more. I am so unbelievable grateful that my pet scan did not show mets. The nurses and doctors were crying when we were talking about this miracle yesterday. I am truly lucky.

The best thing that has happened to me today is that I woke up breathing and am so happy to be alive and feeling so good. I'll be cleaning my house and working on landscape designs today. I hope to sell another one to clients tomorrow. I hope you all have a fabulous week-end. Love you guys.

Laura 

• PinkPeeCA
    PinkPeeCA Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2010

>Titan:  LOVE your attitude, easy peasy on what we CAN DO.

>Laurajane:  Congrats on Parp, I should have waited...  Have one friend on it, 100% pathological response, next month surgery, then radiation, but looking good at Stanford.

>Heiditoo;  I'll toast you tonight as well.

>MPB:  LOVE to know more about what you have been through and are doing...

my blog at http://PinkPeeCA.blogspot.com (not sure if I should, but I don't want to spam you all like last time.  I posted my top ten cancer stuff.....

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011
    Titan- wah-wah-wah--- Pats vs. Cleveland isn't showing in my neck of the woods. You have an unfair advantage! Cry
  • Titan
    edited November 2010

Heidi!  Are you kidding me?  Maybe you can find it on the internet?  If not..I can try to come on here and post scores if you want me too..I guess I could pm you instead also...It should be a good game..I hope!

LJ..so glad you are feeling good!  I can feel your happiness!..I guess I forgot you are in Indiana..I'm in Ohio..we are neighbors!