Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

ok I got the new SOma bar not even for sale yet cause well I work there and they offer it to us for $10 so we can try it and be able to offer our experience to the customer.

it's called stunning support it come sin a lot more larger sizes. There is a full ocverage and a minimizer. Both have very lightly lined molded cups with 3 part construction. It's very comfortable. I have very little uppser pole so that area is a tiny bit loose in the full coverage but in my clothes the full coverage gives great projection. The minimizer fit me perfectly but I don't want to be minimized and it def does that. It also has a pretty kind of lacy but not bumpy pattern on it.

so keep an eye out for it if you want to try something different.

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

p22nut5 - I haven't tried the Rive Gauche push up but I do have the Chantelle Rive Gauche t-shirt bra. I would wait at least six months before I wore a push-up post-exchange. You do not want anything pushing on or impinging on the implants while you heal. You want the scar tissue forming around the implant to stay put...not move while you're healing internally. I waited a year before I wore a push-up bra.

Here's a lace, unlined Rive Gauche that would work while you're waiting. ;)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-rive-gauche-3281-full-support-underwire-bra/3035131?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Vieux+Rose&resultback=512

And herroom has it on sale!

http://www.herroom.com/chantelle-3281-rive-gauche-3-part-cup-bra.shtml

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Thanks DH!

Ho-lee-smokes! Wow! Pretty bras! Incentive to find a new job (lost mine to mx/recon recovery time) that pays me good money to start a new habit: BRAS! After all I will have gone thru, the girls will need to be treated nicely and shown off proudly!

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Dawn hope, thats exactly what I did. I wore the zip up sports bra. After a few weeks the foobies had been released some from the muscle. Then, the zip up could not contain these things and I had to get a regular sports bra. I did worry about them sliding under the armpit or falling over if I slept on my side. However,these implants are securely in their pockets. I just had a lot more scar tissue on the cancer side. That made it capsular contracture so I gotta get that operation. I thk the PS is doing it same time as nipples. Can she do that? Will the nipples be in the wrong spot?

Wore the red lace beauty for 10 hrs today to work. That underwire made me achy. Guess I will go back online for the colors in sports bra or take the underwire out. My friend who got cosmetic surg says she just buys the bra she wants and if the underwire makes her sore,she just snips the end of the covering and takes it out.

Has anyone tried the Suzanne Sommers organic skincare? I got some on the NBC shop special and have had it about a mth. My rosacea is so much better. Does anyone know if she makes organic makeup?

• p22nut5
    p22nut5 Member Posts: 26

Dawne-Hope - Thank for the advice. I went to Nordstrom to try the Chantelle 3281. They don't have my size. 32DD is too big. I need a 30DDD on this style but it doesn't come with that size. I end up buying this instead http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-c-chic-sexy-underwire-bra/3338519?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Jet+Green&resultback=2240 Somebody mentioned here about the BRA-holic Anonymous. May I join Smile I used to hate wearing bras. But since I got fitted properly it became my new obsession. Thank to my new foobs.

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

http://www.herroom.com/chantelle-3641-c-chic-sexy-3-part-plunge-underwire-bra.shtml

The Chantelle that you bought is absolutely my favorite. I don't have the green one yet! Herroom has the red one on sale right now!

• 2nd_time_around

Carrol2... Will keep this in mind for when I can wear a bra. Too bad I can't take advantage of their sale!

• owlwatcher
    owlwatcher Member Posts: 63

You know you're addicted to bras when:

you begin to have several colors of bras

you become an advocate for being properly fitted

you are always online looking at bras

your friends tell you to knock off all the bra talk

your husband makes comments about what you're spending on bras

you spend a lot of time looking in your bra drawer

you tell your friends what color bra you're wearing today even though they don't ask

bras become more important than clothes

you start thinking of naming cats "Freya"

you can't wait for the newest color in your favorite bra

• 2nd_time_around

Owlwatcher.... Thanks for my laugh! Wish I could relate. Have moved all my bras out of the drawer - don't want those old mastectomy bras & prostheses as reminders of the past. Just hanging onto bras till I can be fitted for cute ones to fill up the drawer. Having an attack of bra-envy right now.

• p22nut5

Owlwatcher...that was very funny. Hmmmm I don't think I'm quite there yet. Do you think Natori is a good nickname for my husband? Laughing

Golden01 - I checked Herroom for the Chantelle C Chic and they have my size. Smile Thanks for the tip.

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

owlwatcherLaughing

love.it.

right there with ya, sister!  Cool

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

P22nut5,

"Captain Natori" maybe....

Sounds kind of Star Wars-ish.

Owl Watcher....thanks for the laugh!!!

I know I am becoming addicted because my Ebay watch list now has antique bicycles, Victorian accessories, Chantelle, Freya..... Lol!!!

• p22nut5

Barenecessities.com has 25% off sitewide til Apr 22. Happy shopping Smile

• Golden01
  • p22nut5

Golden01 - that's very pretty. Unfortunately Wacoal doesn't work for me. 32DD the cup is too big. 32D the cup is too narrow. I fit very well on Natori and Fantasie and consistent on their size. And some of Chantelle's style. These are the ones I bought:

http://www.barenecessities.com/natori-fatale-full-fit-bra-736053_product.htm?pf_id=Natori736053&search=&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R2C2-_-Natori736053 

http://www.barenecessities.com/chantelle-rive-gauche-t-shirt-bra-3086_product.htm?pf_id=Chantelle3086&search=&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R2C3-_-Chantelle3086

And my favorite of them all:

http://www.barenecessities.com/natori-feathers-contour-plunge-underwire-bra-730023_product.htm?pf_id=Natori730023&search=&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R5C1-_-Natori730023

This one fits me perfectly but for some reason it gives me pain at the end of the day. Not worth the price because it doesn't feel as comfortable as the Natori feathers plunge:

http://www.barenecessities.com/simone-perele-caressence-3-d-spacer-plunge-t-shirt-bra-12j316_product.htm?pf_id=SimonePerele12J316&search=&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R6C2-_-SimonePerele12J316

• Dulcigirl

This one works perfectly for me. Smooth fit, very comfy, great cleavage, pretty bra.

http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/solutions/knits-tees/la-femme-underwire-t-shirt-bra_853117.html?displayMarkdownsOnly=false

• owlwatcher
    owlwatcher Member Posts: 63

Yes Dulci that bra also works for me. i love the new color.

• Dulcigirl

The blue? I tried it on at Nordstrom's when I bought my sports bra. It fit great, but it was just a one-bra-trip. I kept thinking about how well it fit, looked it up on ebay and got it for $25. Yay!!!! Now I really want two in the nude color. I think it just might be "the one" for me.

• violet_1
    violet_1 Member Posts: 335

Dulcigirl:  That bra is gorgeous in blue! I'm sooo jealous...my exchange won't be for about 1 month...BUT, because my TE's are so square-ish shaped Undecided, I need to buy at least 1 bra for now that can smooth things over when I'm wearing thinner T-shirts...

Did any of you buy a bra or 2 during your wait-for-surgery? I can wear camis, but you can still see my odd-shaped-foobs...maybe I need a lightly padded bra to even things out...going to Walmart tomorrow...I don't want to spend much $ since it might not fit AFTER my exchange...

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!! Smile

• 2nd_time_around

Violet... I bought a Genie bra (cheap at about $10 at Walmart). Came with a little removable pad so I could balance the girls. They're stretchy and very comfortable! I needed the compression to keep away pain. PS said I could wear at night (prefers surgical/hook& eyes down the front for daytime wear). Good deal for the price

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669

Dulcigirl:  I don't even have a date for my exchange yet, but I'm wearing these comfortable stretchy bras I found at Walmart for something like $4.95 each.  They're No Boundaries brand and come in a plethora of colors.  They come with a removable foam pad.  I used the pads at first but now that I'm over-expanded my shape is much better and I don't use them anymore. The pads come out in the washer or dryer all the time anyway.

Not sure what you're looking for but these are really comfortable and the pad may help with your shaping issues for now.

• violet_1
    violet_1 Member Posts: 335

Thanks soooo much, Ladies...I'll look for the bras you have mentioned tomorrow...;)

• Golden01

Beautiful colors and styles! Thank you for sharing the links, lots to choose from!!

• Dulcigirl

Violet,

I used the Genie bra too. The removable foam pad helped to round me out while I had TE Syndrome. ;-)

I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. So they were about $7 each I think. And I am still using them when riding my exercise bike. Easy to wash and dry.

But the blue wacoal???? SOOOO pretty. Seems a shame to cover it up! Lol.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

Dulcigirl - Why not start a new fashion trend and wear it on the outside?  :)

• 2nd_time_around

Tina... Great idea... A little bedazzled!

• Dulcigirl

Well, based on my dressing room experience today I think that is my best option!!! Lol. But I'd want the matching panties. To wear over my sweats of course!!

I'm trying to find a dress for a family wedding and I'm realizing that the style that always worked for me no longer works!! Not sure where to put these things!!!! ;-)

• sciencegal
    sciencegal Member Posts: 546

I was just down in the Florida Keys before a Miami conference and stopped in at Lions Lair in Islamorada, what a wonderful festival of bras (and swimsuits and pretty shoes) that is!

They were very helpful with my unique situation since I still have my tissue expander- I cross over to the squishy side next month. They hooked me up with a nice Freya bra and gel pad for my natural side, which is much smaller than the TE/under reconstuction side. Shout out to those nice ladies!

And thanks for all of the advice here, I am sure looking forward to my post-exchange bra-buying days! I have about 30 right now but they wont work after all of this, so I will need more!!! Many more.

• mamatwinz
    mamatwinz Member Posts: 193

hey guys, i have bern on other forums, but new here. :)  i recognize some of the gals here!  so nordstrom gal said not to fit until 4-6 weeks vs now..u guys hear the same?  so i sm about 1 wk post op and ps ok'd any comfortable bra, but no underwire.  so i shopped at kohls with my 30% off coupon snd found nice bali comfort revolution flexible support bra..basically looks like sports bra with clasp in back..my plan was to.hit walmart after but spent too mych time in there and by the time i got to ealmart i picked up my prescription and was DONE..too much for my first day driving n running around.  so i wore bali when i got home and overnight..i woke up this am hurting bad on right side with burning stinging pain on right side..so from too much yesterday, vs bra, vs sleeping on my side?  u guys experience this with first non surgical bra?  so read on here re genie bra?  may return bali ones?  i read site u posted dawn-hope..i had no idea!  great info!  thanks!