Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Biopsy marker migration and pain...4 years post biopsy?

Options
2»

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,998
    Options

Lupe, sorry you are here and worried, but you came to the right place for information and guidance. Until other members come along to post with their own experiences and advice, we would recommend you to please go and get it checked out again now that you've finished your treatment. We can understand that after this experience you don't trust your doctor anymore, but you could always get a second opinion if you want to push the issue (just clic on the link for helpful tips from our main site on that).

Hope this helps! Please come back to let us all know how you're doing!

The Mods

• Ahiggi8085
    Ahiggi8085 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Yes, the clips are most likely causing the pain. I had no issues until titanium clips were placed unknowingly in my right lower breast after a benign biopsy. From that day on...I have had a shooting/stabbing pain in that area for years. This is not normal people and you shouldn't feel afraid to speak up. I thought the pain would go away, but it hasn't. It has gotten worse in that area. It wasn't until I explained the pain in that area to the mammogram appt to the tech, that should told me the Exray showed two titanium clips. I now know what is causing the pain. Why are drs dismissing patients' pleas about the clips causing them pain? They also refuse to take them out...even though it is your own body. Something is wrong with this picture. If anyone has found a dr to remove these...please let me know. I hope there becomes a more public awareness of the pain these clips are causing many. Are the drs being threatened by the American Medical Association? Is it because they are being paid by the makers of these titanium clips and so they ignore patients pain and suffering?

• Ahiggi8085
    Options

Its not in your head. My clips are not moving...but have been causing me extreme pain for years.

• djmammo
    djmammo Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

To All:

If anyone manages to find someone to remove their biopsy markers, I would be very interested to know if their removal eliminates the pain and other symptoms. Thanks.

• Ahiggi8085
    Options

Do you know of a Dr that will remove these?

• djmammo
    djmammo Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Ahiggi8085

Not personally. Ask your radiologist since this article on the subject was published in a radiology journal:

https://www.ajronline.org/doi/pdfplus/10.2214/ajr....

• Ahiggi8085
    Options

Ok, thank you. : )